AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 12 22.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 13.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 24.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 18.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 5.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-24, 09:19   Link #101
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post

If he shoot Alicia in the game, it's because Alicia is'nt somebody important for the country,
What the hell are you talking about? Such a thing can only mentioned by somebody who never served for his country like soldiers do.

Even if Alicia is actually a tank fodder as she is a foot soldier in the sergants ranks she is a backbone of the army. She serves as an executive force of the country which stands between the civilians and the aggressors.
Old 2009-08-24, 10:36   Link #102
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Such a thing can only mentioned by somebody who never served for his country like soldiers do.

Even if Alicia is actually a tank fodder as she is a foot soldier in the sergants ranks she is a backbone of the army. She serves as an executive force of the country which stands between the civilians and the aggressors.
But she can be sacrificed for the good of the country, thats what he meant when he said she is not important.

You simply cannot compare the value of Alicia and princess, because one is the country while the other just serves for it.
Old 2009-08-24, 10:48   Link #103
kraken

Yes, thank you darknemo, I am not very good in english, so, I did'nt know how explain.

Alicia is just a sergent, she is a soldier easily replaceable.
Old 2009-08-25, 11:05   Link #104
Runty

Well, I couldn't find a sub of this one, but I don't think I really needed one. Actions spoke louder than words for this episode.
Spoiler for Episode 21:
Great action, especially the Valkyria fight. I just wish they could've put their best animation into the duel; it wasn't the greatest.

Spoiler for Next Episode:
Old 2009-08-25, 15:02   Link #105
KariOhki

Faldio sure snapped out of his BSOD fast. "I really shot her, gotta fix her up" Even though she was healing fast...
This episode was SO RANDOM. Faldio kidnapping the princess? RANDOM. Alicia appearing at the battlefield suddenly? RANDOM. Selvie remembering a chibi Alicia? REALLY RANDOM.
The art was wonky too in all of the far shots, lol.

The Alicia/Selvie fight was awesome, though. Alicia learned Teleport!
Old 2009-08-25, 16:22   Link #106
Joe_fh

Ok I haven't watched the whole episode ,just the first 5 minutes, but man that "dramatic" scene in the beginning of the episode followed by the Opening that starts with Alicia shown as a Valkyria just made me laugh..again XD
Old 2009-08-25, 17:21   Link #107
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Faldio went to an all low.

Spoiler for his stuff:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-08-25, 18:24   Link #108
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Watching the episode now...

I like how they subtly compared Fabio and Damon through their actions and words when Fabio took Cordellia hostage.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-08-25, 18:26   Link #109
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It truly is annoying how Faldio treats Alicia as if he wasn't the one who shot her in this episode.

Though i gave a huge thumbs up when Welkin's voice appeared on the radio, and Alicia began to wake up. Faldio's eyes were that of a beaten man, and i must say it's about damn time. YES!
Old 2009-08-25, 18:35   Link #110
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I think the inter-Valkyria fight was the first part of this anime taken nearly frame-for-frame from the game. At least like the first 3/4 of it.

When the Imps were retreating none of their radiators was glowing, I noticed. I guess the tanks were just floating backwards.

And I think a lot of us proponents of the Wig Theory are going to get some vindication real soon. Just sayin'.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-08-25, 19:06   Link #111
kraken

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler episode 21 by runty:
For this:

If you have played to the game, you must knowing that

Spoiler for games event of the episode 21:

I am also hate how Faldio is with Alicia
Old 2009-08-25, 20:07   Link #112
Sassarai
Army of One

I got the perfect idea for the ending of this anime.

Spoiler for end spoiler:
Old 2009-08-25, 20:17   Link #113
Oppai

Send a message via MSN to Oppai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It truly is annoying how Faldio treats Alicia as if he wasn't the one who shot her in this episode.

Though i gave a huge thumbs up when Welkin's voice appeared on the radio, and Alicia began to wake up. Faldio's eyes were that of a beaten man, and i must say it's about damn time. YES!
I completely agree with you. Its about time for Faldio to leave Alicia alone. It was quite obvious who is On Alicia's mind.
Old 2009-08-25, 21:45   Link #114
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It was good.. but there were so many inconsistencies. I did like how it was Welkin who awoke Alicia. I kept hoping for that to be the case and they kept me guessing two since they had two scenes with Faldio calling Alicia. But, Alicia was pretty bad ass once she awoke.

If this series was consistent and paid attention to the details and the war aspect, it would be awesome.
Old 2009-08-26, 02:12   Link #115
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Finally watched the sub. Average is where I'd rate it. The animation seemed off at times, as did the character designs. Seeing Fabio steal half the episode AGAIN, just made me sick. Welkin once again gets all of 30 seconds of screen time.

Seeing Fabio realize that Alicia loves Welkin and only responds to him, was a sweet touch, and if not for that one part of that scene, I would have rated this lower.
Old 2009-08-26, 03:00   Link #116
blewin

about Alicia's fight, I quite enjoyed the slow motion. It really brings out the fact that she wasn't conscious. Geez... Alicia looks so cool in this episode. Bad luck to Faldio.. well, I'm just glad that he isn't a bad guy (though that probably doesn't excuse him shooting her in the back.)

Also, nice music for the fight. Does anyone know whether that's anime original music or is it from the game?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-08-26, 03:32   Link #117
nikolaszax

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
about Alicia's fight, I quite enjoyed the slow motion. It really brings out the fact that she wasn't conscious. Geez... Alicia looks so cool in this episode. Bad luck to Faldio.. well, I'm just glad that he isn't a bad guy (though that probably doesn't excuse him shooting her in the back.)

Also, nice music for the fight. Does anyone know whether that's anime original music or is it from the game?
It's the final boss theme from the game called:

Valkyria Chronicles - Final Decisive Battle
You can look it up on youtube.
Old 2009-08-26, 03:39   Link #118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
I got the perfect idea for the ending of this anime.

Spoiler for end spoiler:
Nice one. That made me chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaszax View Post
It's the final boss theme from the game called:

Valkyria Chronicles - Final Decisive Battle
It's about time they used that piece from the game. Shame the animation wasn't that good for the battle, though the music made up for it.
Old 2009-08-26, 13:18   Link #119
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Omg !

Well , as you can see a valkyria can beat a whole army . I wonder how in the past they loose .

AHAH , this part was hilarious : "Alicia , Alicia , ALICIA x 500 , ALICIAAAAAAAAA WAKE UP" DAMN ***** LOL ! -_-" faldio

Seems Alicia is stronger than Selvaria . Rooooh , its a shame that they don't die but retreat .

If Cordelia have this strengh too it'll be awesome .
Old 2009-08-26, 13:49   Link #120
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think a Valkyria's strength is dependent upon their love and since Alicia loves Welkin and Selvaria admires Maximillian, Alicia was stronger. Plus she was in a trance and that almost always helps, lol.