AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 27 17.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 27.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 17.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.66%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.66%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.99%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-24, 13:13   Link #61
jinnous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Tenshi, this episode made her out to be a stuck up regular school pres. Not only does she assemble the best baseballers in the school (that I have no problem with) but the fact that she sits on the sideline and doesn't even play making it the baseball clubs only boys elite team. That really made me frustrated over Tenshi.

She should have had the decency of joining in. Hinatas team had girl players, girls who would even get out of the way of an incoming hit (not to be bias or rude, but most girls are like that). Have to say negative points for Tenshi this episode because she had no leadership over her team. She shouldn't even have turned up with the team. I've liked her in previous episodes.
I believe that's what she's made to be in the first place, evident from her attempt to stop the concert despite protests from the students. Of course we all know that she's not as stuck-up as she appears to be (or she better be).

I think it didn't really seem that way before because she's always the one in the middle of everything, being shot, bombed, dropped into a burning Guild. But in essence, she was simply trying to enforce order in the school. (because obviously as the pres she cannot send a bunch of regular council members to arrest a bunch of armed rebels) However in this episode she could do that because it was simply a baseball game and all she needed to do was to bring people that could do it better than herself.
Old 2010-04-24, 13:20   Link #62
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

needs more fighting though. its where PA works excels.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-24, 13:38   Link #63
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinnous View Post
I believe that's what she's made to be in the first place, evident from her attempt to stop the concert despite protests from the students. Of course we all know that she's not as stuck-up as she appears to be (or she better be).

I think it didn't really seem that way before because she's always the one in the middle of everything, being shot, bombed, dropped into a burning Guild. But in essence, she was simply trying to enforce order in the school. (because obviously as the pres she cannot send a bunch of regular council members to arrest a bunch of armed rebels) However in this episode she could do that because it was simply a baseball game and all she needed to do was to bring people that could do it better than herself.
Oh I dont mind her trying to put an end to the concerts. Because shes doing that herself.

What really made her stuck up is because she gather the baseball team and then she sat it out and made them do the work. She shouldn't even have been sitting on there bench's looking like she was all important when realy she was being useless. She should of been in the spectator stands if she was going to watch the game. But wait she walked out onto the pitch with them, but didnt play. Even if shes a girl ? Hinatas team had a few girls who were scared of the ball but still played.

The point I getting at, Tenshi as the team leader should of played with them. Yet she hid on the bench and pretended to be apart of the team. Thats weak imo.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-04-24, 13:49   Link #64
Edgewalker
Nani ?

I like all the jokes that spawn from the fact that everyone is immortal, so when Yui manages to hang herself and start choking to death everyone just stands by and watches her.
Old 2010-04-24, 13:50   Link #65
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Oh I dont mind her trying to put an end to the concerts. Because shes doing that herself.

The point I getting at, Tenshi as the team leader should of played with them. Yet she hid on the bench and pretended to be apart of the team. Thats weak imo.
I think honestly she was trying to give them a chance as given her combat skills, I am pretty sure she could hit a home run with ease thus by not playing it was more fair.
MAL
Old 2010-04-24, 14:13   Link #66
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Wasn't she the coach? Generally the coach doesn't play.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2010-04-24, 15:31   Link #67
Kudryavka

I really don't like how Yui's speaking voice is about two octaves higher than her singing voice. Why must the VA put on some squeaky show, only to sing like a normal person?

I'm also not feeling how Angel and the student council vice-president decided to punish the SSS baseball teams by getting their own team full of baseball club members and rubbing the SSS's faces in the dirt. Seems kinda like bullying, unless I misunderstood that part.
Old 2010-04-24, 15:36   Link #68
Jaden

Quote:
I really don't like how Yui's speaking voice is about two octaves higher than her singing voice. Why must the VA put on some squeaky show, only to sing like a normal person?
I thought the same, it seems there were conflicting desires. One to make a classy rock version for the OP, and one to keep the high tension loli character....in character.

The fact that Hinata didn't disappear in the end was a big twist to me. The direction of the plot is once again obscured. I liked that. 8/10 to this ep.
Old 2010-04-24, 15:36   Link #69
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I'm also not feeling how Angel and the student council vice-president decided to punish the SSS baseball teams by getting their own team full of baseball club members and rubbing the SSS's faces in the dirt. Seems kinda like bullying, unless I misunderstood that part.
Seems to me like Angel is a little competitive...
Old 2010-04-24, 15:40   Link #70
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post

just a bit of payback to the SSS for all the trouble they have been causing her.
Old 2010-04-24, 15:42   Link #71
wingman32x

I liked this episode. Did anybody else laugh when Yui did her "Yui-nyan" routine? I thought that was funny as hell. Especially how Hinata reacted. I knew that Hinata wasn't going anywhere. We're only 4 episodes in, it's to early for one of the main cast to go. The New OP is pretty good. It fits the tone of the show better than the first one. Yuri's villian laugh was pretty funny because the person over the radio promptly pointed that out to her . And yet again we have another unfortunate/depressing/tragic "Past Life" story. Anyway, great episode.

8/10.
Old 2010-04-24, 15:53   Link #72
Kudryavka

And also, is Hinata a crackhead/steriod addict/junkie??
Old 2010-04-24, 16:15   Link #73
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Yuri giving out her evil laugh (CHANNELING DA SAYA!) is enough to make this ep a win!.
Exactly what I said XD Only a few people here will recognize it though

I still can't but feel they have way too many cast members for the episode length. This would be a really good kinetic novel it lengthened.
Old 2010-04-24, 16:27   Link #74
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Exactly what I said XD Only a few people here will recognize it though

I still can't but feel they have way too many cast members for the episode length. This would be a really good kinetic novel it lengthened.
i don't know who saya is but that laugh has been around for a while

the most famous example of which is

Old 2010-04-24, 17:10   Link #75
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Hm, the opening animation is different but still good. Yui sure reminded me of two To-Love-Ru characters.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-04-24, 17:15   Link #76
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Hm, the opening animation is different but still good. Yui sure reminded me of two To-Love-Ru characters.
Me too. That crazy devil alien, I think her name was Lala, mainly.
Old 2010-04-24, 17:52   Link #77
Dark Wing

I don't know about everyone else but I like Yui-nyan she's got spunk and can sing!

I wasn't really expecting that ending and I lol at Yuri's last line. She sounded so mad that they lost to Tenshi and while we're on that is it me or dose Yuri's obsession with Tenshi seems to get stranger with every episode?
Old 2010-04-24, 18:33   Link #78
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallgaar View Post
I'm pretty sure i read there are at least 24 episodes (Maybe 26 but I'm not positive on the exact) confirmed, and a large chunk of them have already been completed.
Can you give me a link to a source that claims this? Everywhere I've read, it said 'planned for 13 episodes.'
Old 2010-04-24, 18:36   Link #79
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
Now that you bring it up, yea I can think of Lala, lol. The OP which had words pasted on people too.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-04-24, 19:11   Link #80
Dart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Can you give me a link to a source that claims this? Everywhere I've read, it said 'planned for 13 episodes.'
ANN and wiki both say 13. Unless one/both of them update to something else, I'm going with that as the official count.
Closed Thread

Tags
baseball