AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 14:07   Link #341
GDB

He doesn't consider Rider to be a mongrel anymore. Not since the Grail Discussion in episode 11. He still considers Rider to be beneath him, but not a mongrel. Note that he'll actually call Rider by his name?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 14:24   Link #342
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well that is a step up from mongrel. But does anyone think he'd want to hide all his magesty? This is Gilgemesh here. Mister walking ego maniac with the bling to prove it.
Old 2012-05-20, 14:25   Link #343
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
As for keeping Gil entertained, sure he can be entertained, but do you think his ego would allow him to make himself look like any "mongrel"? He is just too full of himself for that. Plus he wants Saber.
As GDB pointed out, Gilgamesh and Rider developed a mutual respect of sorts in their discussion in episode 11, and the King of Heroes has come to realize that the King of Conquerors is no mere mongrel. More importantly though, I never actually suggested Gil was the one masquerading as Rider. To me it seems a lot more likely that, if it was any one of the two, the faker was Kirei himself.

And how does Gil wanting Saber contradict anything thus far? Saber is precisely the one whom the kidnappers are luring. And he wants her because he enjoys watching her suffering, which I'd say this incident has, again, a good chance of provoking.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 17:15   Link #344
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Considering that he is basically living on borrowed time, and that the author seems to love to screw with people, best odds are that he starts to win a fight and then just drop dead from the load Berserker takes out of him. It would almost be a comedic death if this wasn't a serious show.

As for keeping Gil entertained, sure he can be entertained, but do you think his ego would allow him to make himself look like any "mongrel"? He is just too full of himself for that. Plus he wants Saber.
Technically, we know that's what happens. Rin observed in the game that every master of Berserker before Ilya eventually died because of their servant or something like that - I can't remember the exact terminology.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 18:11   Link #345
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Technically, we know that's what happens. Rin observed in the game that every master of Berserker before Ilya eventually died because of their servant or something like that - I can't remember the exact terminology.
They cannot handle the intense drain of prana.

Berserkers are like fighter jets perpetually running on afterburner. Of course you will run out of fuel long before others.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 07:47   Link #346
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This episode made me realise that Kotomine has a habit of kidnapping Einzbergs.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 12:47   Link #347
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And I'd say it's pretty likely that we'll see him do to the mother the exact same thing he went on to do with the daughter:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-05-21, 13:04   Link #348
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You just had to totally kill the joke with that depressing comment, didn't you?
Old 2012-05-21, 13:34   Link #349
Vicious108

That's what I'm here for.

But hey, Illya managed to survive in the end, so maybe Iri... Oh right, we know she won't. Damn.
Old 2012-05-21, 14:37   Link #350
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Iri gets to be Lulz MILF with magical girl Illya in the next series to be animated...so she'll be back.
Old 2012-05-21, 17:57   Link #351
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I raged at Zouken giving that worm to Kariya. I didn't think there'd be a single worm that did it nor did I consider the worm absorbing the prana from her. So. Much. Rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Hahaha, that's good.
Old 2012-05-21, 23:43   Link #352
Thess

Now Kirei helped Illya in HF.

Spoiler for he's the hero the lolis need:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 08:31   Link #353
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I didn't think there'd be a single worm that did it nor did I consider the worm absorbing the prana from her.
Well, at her age more than one worm for her first time would probably completely break her. It makes sense, really, and actually a lot less cruel than it could have been.
Old 2012-05-22, 15:26   Link #354
Grey

I was looking through the UBW script and what do I find? This passage about the Einzberns in the Fourth War:
Quote:
The result was a total failure.
The Servant and the Master they selected betrayed them.

The man destroyed the Holy Grail, leaving behind his wife and daughter in the winter castle.
His wife was left at the Einzbern castle?
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 15:31   Link #355
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I was looking through the UBW script and what do I find? This passage about the Einzberns in the Fourth War:
His wife was left at the Einzbern castle?
i am betting a recon (Ultimate) ver release following FZ to make all the continuity issues go away.
Old 2012-05-22, 16:05   Link #356
GDB

It also depends on how you read it. It could be written in such a way that one could write "He left behind his daughter in the winter castle and his wife." or "He left behind his wife, as well as his daughter in the winter castle." to keep the same meaning. However, the first way reads clunky.
Old 2012-05-22, 16:06   Link #357
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Little did we know that Kiritsugu's true wife was actually Leysritt. XP (Oh wait, she's only two years old isn't she...)
Old 2012-05-22, 17:09   Link #358
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, at her age more than one worm for her first time would probably completely break her. It makes sense, really, and actually a lot less cruel than it could have been.
That doesn't really make a lot of sense going by the first episode of the anime though ...

God, I get that message in the Fate/Stay night game was that ''There was no real happy ending'' and all, but at least in HF all of these evil bastards got what was coming for them ... Shinji, Zouken, Gil, Kotomine (okay the last two were more of magnificent evil bastards than the former two) and in the end, we got a happy ending of sorts (sure, Rider is still around and we have no idea what happened to Saber in that reality...) but the other routes where Sakura is either at the mercy of Zouken or Shinji ...

Damn it, why couldn't the game have gone with the being 3 complete individual stories that were complete on their own? I can't help but cringe at how Fate and UBW end now, as much as I like them.
Old 2012-05-22, 17:31   Link #359
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

With the way Shinji is supposed to be less of a douche at the end of UBW, maybe he would clue the others in on Sakura's situation.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 17:42   Link #360
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It also depends on how you read it. It could be written in such a way that one could write "He left behind his daughter in the winter castle and his wife." or "He left behind his wife, as well as his daughter in the winter castle." to keep the same meaning. However, the first way reads clunky.
That makes sense. May be a translation challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
That doesn't really make a lot of sense going by the first episode of the anime though ...

God, I get that message in the Fate/Stay night game was that ''There was no real happy ending'' and all, but at least in HF all of these evil bastards got what was coming for them ... Shinji, Zouken, Gil, Kotomine (okay the last two were more of magnificent evil bastards than the former two) and in the end, we got a happy ending of sorts (sure, Rider is still around and we have no idea what happened to Saber in that reality...) but the other routes where Sakura is either at the mercy of Zouken or Shinji ...

Damn it, why couldn't the game have gone with the being 3 complete individual stories that were complete on their own? I can't help but cringe at how Fate and UBW end now, as much as I like them.
I prefer to think that after Fate and UBW Shirou and Rin went and saved Sakura.