AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-05-30, 09:55   Link #21
Dop
Mmmm....

Oh, I've only just spotted this thread. Nice one. Here are a few of my own pictures of the sky.

A mixture of high cirrus clouds with some small cumulus below.

Light cloud over the English south coast.

Got some other good ones, just not online.

Has anyone seen The Cloud Appreciation Society, which while it's basically advertising a book (but it is a good book) has some nice sky pictures.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 02:12   Link #22
Smithj

Here's a few from my friend when he had a trip over in Europe though he's photoshopped them a tad for Deviantart:

Of course they all seem to have a other focus in the fore/background, but they all contain a sky.
Smithj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 12:25   Link #23
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

I got a just perfect sunset yesterday with my phonecam.
take a look:

I have pride in this picture

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 11:37   Link #24
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
One of the things that usually goes with skies other than birds, is planes. Here is a pic snugged from the official site of Namco's upcoming Ace Combat 6 for the Xbox 360, showing a view from above the clouds with a pair of F-15Es (planes + vertical climb makes some of the best scenery...some of the other pics do feature skies, but chaotic).

kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 13:05   Link #25
Hunter Nin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I figure this post is at least tangentially on-topic. This photo of the sky...

...was taken by Hirano Aya and posted to her blog yesterday. She wrote that the clouds breaking looked to her like a dragon leaping up and splitting open the sky. That's what it looks like to me, too. Click to enlarge.
The cloud on the left hand side looks like a person in some kind of fighting stance. Around the middle you can see a face with spikey hair and below it an open hand coming up as if to make a chopping action. EDIT: On second thoughts he might just as easily be healing the sick as administering some karate chop justice... think Jesus Christ.

I thought I might as well draw it in just incase anyone has problems seeing it:

EDIT: I think I found the dragon and also decided that the spikey hair looks more like a firemans hat. There is also a witch in the top right corner, you can clearly make out her long crooked nose and hair flowing behind her! Here is the annotated picture:

Last edited by Hunter Nin.; 2007-06-15 at 17:04.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 08:47   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Some great shots in this thread.

Here are a couple more shots from Hirano Aya's blog yesterday:

The first one is from near the Hie Jinja shrine, at the Imperial Palace.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 14:10   Link #27
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I went to a national park and happened to look up at the sky. Since the national park was a four hour drive north of my city, the atmosphere was different, so the clouds were as well. I just wished I had a better camera than just my cell phone's camera at the time.

Spoiler:
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 09:38   Link #28
Cyber_chaotic
I recommend Souske!!!

whoa dude. very nice pics
Though i wouldn't take that many pics with the sun in it if i were you.....might fry the CCD out if u do that too much.

Darn, i can't post none of my pics that i've taken recently since i'm not on my own computer with my RAW converter. Loads of panorama stitch shots and sunsets!

I promise i'll have them ASAP!!!

Anyway, does anyone remember what the cloud types that Yorigami said during the ep........you noe....that list of clouds that Matsuri instantly memorises and then regurgitates.......yeah...

^^
Cyber_chaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 12:02   Link #29
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Just some shots of the skies of Western Australia that I've taken during my two-and-a-half weeks of vacation there:

Spoiler for a LOT!!! of pictures:

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2007-06-19 at 08:19. Reason: @Asai: Wakarimashita. Gomenasai.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 07:23   Link #30
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

That amount of pics should be put behind a spoiler tag. >.< Even if some are nice. =p
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 04:08   Link #31
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

Gosh... one of the pic only got 1 cloud -_-
FreedomMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 06:08   Link #32
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
Gosh... one of the pic only got 1 cloud -_-
That IS the point!
Seriously, in Western Australia there are times when there are no clouds at all. NO CLOUDS. Just bright blue sky no matter where you look.....that's not something I ever get to see in Singapore.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 06:33   Link #33
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
That IS the point!
Seriously, in Western Australia there are times when there are no clouds at all. NO CLOUDS. Just bright blue sky no matter where you look.....that's not something I ever get to see in Singapore.
yesterday there was no clouds here. none at all.
only clear blue sky
and hot as hell ^^

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 08:50   Link #34
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Quite common to see absolutely no clouds in most parts of Australia. I dislike perfectly clear days in winter, though, as they're always much colder at night. Cloud cover keeps things a good deal warmer. Really fierce frosts here in the ACT on clear nights. >.<
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 10:57   Link #35
Cyber_chaotic
I recommend Souske!!!

hey, any of the american visitors frequent this area?
can i see some pics of these so called 'Chem trails'???

I hear there's a HUGE conspiracy behind them and stuff.......
Not that it's got anything to do with sola....but.....meh.....it's related to this thread...somewhat.....

darn it...still havent fixed my comp!!!

><"
Cyber_chaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 12:48   Link #36
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai View Post
Quite common to see absolutely no clouds in most parts of Australia. I dislike perfectly clear days in winter, though, as they're always much colder at night. Cloud cover keeps things a good deal warmer. Really fierce frosts here in the ACT on clear nights. >.<
Australia has perfect night skies! The absence of clouds gives one a clear view of the celestial sphere... Clouds obscure them ><.

Ah well, but Ascaloth's clouds do look pretty pretty I must admit. ^^.

I was hoping to visit Australia's desert sometime... perhaps do a little stargazing...
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-22, 21:33   Link #37
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

tere is too little cloud...do they even have rain??
FreedomMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 05:04   Link #38
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
I suppose this where an Australian should chip in and give a brief overview on the draconian laws that Australia have over the usage of water because over there, water is more precious than gold.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-23, 10:55   Link #39
Smithj

Quote:
Yeah we do...

...that's if you consider Melbourne rain as rain =P

The general water crisis here is pretty nasty. Believe the water catchments/dams are around 20% full and we've pretty much bled the Snowy River dry as well for hydroelectricity and agriculture. Water restrictions are in place where we cannot water plants after a certain time of the day, and most people simply choose or are even forced to save grey water for other purposes.

Few examples of current rules:
- Illegal to water the lawn.
- Illegal to fill the pool.
- One in 3 Sporting Fields are allowed to be watered.
- Have to wash the car with bucket and sponge. No hose.

If anyone is in Victoria right now and around Lake Eildon, take a look at it.

However I still believe our suburban water is cheaper than water in suburban Switzerland. Although I believe water for farmers is skyrocketing through the roof and so instead of toughing out a pointless battle, they sell their water licenses for dirt cheap.
Smithj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 21:02   Link #40
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I'm relatively new to this series, but I was attracted to it by the synopsis of someone who's obsessed with getting pictures of the sky. I'm a closet photography hobbyist. I have a number of nice sky shots (my favorites are when you can see the sunlight streaming through clouds). I seem to have a few on my FTP, so I'll post those ones, and perhaps I'll upload some more later. Also, if anyone knows how to use resize code in VBcode, please let me know - these pictures look pretty terrible at their full resolution, but if you resize them they're much nicer. I can do it in HTML, but not sure how to do it on here. If your browser supports a zoom function (Opera does, and I think Firefox does as well), try to view these around 50% or less zoom for best quality.

Spoiler:

Feedback appreciated