AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-13, 17:57   Link #11141
LeoXiao
思想工作

Ugh, I really want to play WoT and not write this stupid essay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
"New" adquisition:
(S-51)
I had forgotten how awesome this arty is.
Is it still worth playing even after nerfs? I have about 60k xp to it (via KV-2) and am thinking about breaking my "no arty" rule to try it out.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 17:59   Link #11142
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Aw don't make a "no arty" rule if you haven't tried. I have a "no arty" rule myself only because I am absolutely horrible with arties. If you can make it work there's no reason to not play them.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 18:15   Link #11143
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Aw don't make a "no arty" rule if you haven't tried. I have a "no arty" rule myself only because I am absolutely horrible with arties. If you can make it work there's no reason to not play them.
I've actually done okay in them on other accounts, but it's very hit-or-miss, and either way you up doing a lot of sitting around with nothing else happening. Also, my account has an immaculate 0 for its number of arty battles that I'm proud of for some weird reason. I'd need a good reason to casually break that.
Old 2013-12-13, 18:17   Link #11144
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

If we platooned arties you can tell me all your life's problems in battle as opposed to in garage
Old 2013-12-13, 18:20   Link #11145
Blaat

After a year of playing WoT I finally got my first expert medal:

I tried arties but I find them a bore to play with.
Old 2013-12-13, 18:40   Link #11146
LeoXiao
思想工作

Nice, which tank got you the medal? I'll bet it was the arty.

There are still too many OP Russian and French tanks out there, so I've only been able to get expert badges from the capitalists and Hitlerites so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
If we platooned arties you can tell me all your life's problems in battle as opposed to in garage
Sure you don't mean the opposite? If you think about it, arties are supposed to be rather surgical in their operational art, so it'd offer a great context to expound the intricacies of medical bureaucracy.
Old 2013-12-13, 18:45   Link #11147
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post

Sure you don't mean the opposite? If you think about it, arties are supposed to be rather surgical in their operational art, so it'd offer a great context to expound the intricacies of medical bureaucracy.

Hehe sounds like a plan.

And yes I got my US Expert a few days ago too. It was my first one as well. What makes the Soviet and German ones difficult is that they introduced some low tier tanks that I have no chance at killing.

And as for the French, the D1 might as well not exist in this game. You can't even find it.
Old 2013-12-13, 18:45   Link #11148
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Arties are hard, specially after the nerf now it takes a lot of skill to do decent damage.

the S-51 is not for newbies in arties since it's almost impossible to land a "perfect" shot on the enemy (specially using the 203mm).
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 22:10   Link #11149
Gravitas Free Zone

The S-51 is a lot of waiting... waiting for reloading, waiting for aimtime, waiting for someone to be nice and stop moving for ten seconds so you can aim and the shot can get there.

So I started the process of getting the FV304, which trades the massive alpha for the ability to annoy people to death. Grinding commences with the Treecannon:

Crew is very blonde.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, my best artillery games have been on El Halluf, where spamming the chokepoint still works with the vehicles I have which feature high gun arcs... the S-51 somewhat, the AMX 13 F3 not so much, but the Grille and leFH18B2 pretty good.

I'm only one tank away from the French Expert ribbon, but I'd have to put myself into more tier 10 games so I can find an AMX 50B to kill. Have USA and China. Germany eludes me for the GWE100, the new tier 9 TD, and the VK4502B, which is hard to find.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 03:58   Link #11150
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post

There are still too many OP Russian and French tanks out there, so I've only been able to get expert badges from the capitalists and Hitlerites so far.
Yeh it was the arty he had 80hp and he was surrounded by my team mates when I killed him with a sniping shot with the 175mm.

As for the other expert medals I only need one more kill for the German (tier 9 waffenträger), French (H35 Hotchkiss) and two kills for the Russians expert medal. It's the British and Chinese expert I'm far away from.

I did find a H35 Hotchkiss once a few weeks back but then I found out a T7 combat car can't really penetrate one.
Old 2013-12-14, 04:23   Link #11151
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I got one freaky day with my hellcat
Link :

I think I`m getting suck in my T25/2, how should I play it correctly? I tried playing like a armored Hellcat(upgraded Hellcat but slower), but somehow it works sometimes.

STB-1 is the tier 10 Japanese medium tank
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 07:21   Link #11152
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

If anyone's interested in platooning clickers and clicking things to death, I have a Pz.Sfl. IVb for tier 4 and a leFH18B2 for tier 5.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 08:26   Link #11153
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
If anyone's interested in platooning clickers and clicking things to death, I have a Pz.Sfl. IVb for tier 4 and a leFH18B2 for tier 5.

where did you get leFH18B2 ?
Old 2013-12-14, 08:46   Link #11154
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Some very, very interesting news:

- in next patch there will be tier 10 TD fixes (nerfs), they are already being tested, Storm states he will not tell what changes “so the New Year is peaceful :)” But it’s not a camo nerf, Storm states that camouflage changes will come later, as they require a lot of testing

I suspect that they'll nerf all the 850 alpha guns to 750. I'd still prefer an HP nerf though, for both tier 9 and 10 TDs. Probably a view range nerf too, since it's ridiculous for TDs to be outspotting heavies and mediums.

- T57 Heavy will not be nerfed at all – Storm states its winrate actually dropped, he’s now 3rd worst on its tier.

Now I can go up this line without any worries! I'm still more interested in trying out the Waffles, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
where did you get leFH18B2 ?
Bought it as a premium tank on the NA server when I found out that it was going to be removed from the in-game store forever. Even though it was an SPG, I didn't want any regrets like what I had with the Type 59.

Last edited by Tempester; 2013-12-14 at 09:00.
Old 2013-12-14, 09:55   Link #11155
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:

- in next patch there will be tier 10 TD fixes (nerfs), they are already being tested, Storm states he will not tell what changes “so the New Year is peaceful ” But it’s not a camo nerf, Storm states that camouflage changes will come later, as they require a lot of testing

I suspect that they'll nerf all the 850 alpha guns to 750. I'd still prefer an HP nerf though, for both tier 9 and 10 TDs. Probably a view range nerf too, since it's ridiculous for TDs to be outspotting heavies and mediums.

- T57 Heavy will not be nerfed at all – Storm states its winrate actually dropped, he’s now 3rd worst on its tier.

Now I can go up this line without any worries! I'm still more interested in trying out the Waffles, though.

Bought it as a premium tank on the NA server when I found out that it was going to be removed from the in-game store forever. Even though it was an SPG, I didn't want any regrets like what I had with the Type 59.
I`m glad I didnt start a grind for T57 heavies. The situation in SEA is meh because of some kiddies playing WOT since the school holiday is about to start. Don`t be surpirsed that you`ll see a lot of Reds in SEA server.

My WN got dropped because of T25/2 , I take it that it`s best to play as mid-range sniper with that tank? I guess that T110E4 will be played like a TD hybrid HT

Oh man, I`m no NA player but it`s okay.
Old 2013-12-14, 10:05   Link #11156
Gravitas Free Zone

The T57 is pretty good in capable hands or with good backup, but like any autoloader will get beat up if it's not supported on the reload. I wonder if the WTE100 will be similarly not nerfed because when the majority of people unlock it most of them won't be able to handle a huge vehicle with no armor and 40- to 60-second reload.

...while groups of three of them will continue to evaporate anything they see by using proper volley fire.

leFH18B2: I got mine just before it disappeared also. Having a very high ROF on an SPG is nice; it manages to at least have a moderate damage per shell also, and the gun traverse is quite generous. While the Grille will totally explode more things, the leFH provides decent suppressing fire and can keep things tracked.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 12:21   Link #11157
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Yeh it was the arty he had 80hp and he was surrounded by my team mates when I killed him with a sniping shot with the 175mm.
Yeah for me it was the arty as well. Damn hard to find them these days.
Old 2013-12-14, 13:09   Link #11158
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

bored so i make this

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-14, 14:13   Link #11159
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:

- in next patch there will be tier 10 TD fixes (nerfs), they are already being tested, Storm states he will not tell what changes “so the New Year is peaceful ” But it’s not a camo nerf, Storm states that camouflage changes will come later, as they require a lot of testing

I would also prefer any of the ones you listed instead of the -100 alpha nerf because -100 alpha makes SOOOO much difference and all tier 10 TDs will be completely balanced. No. Just no. Besides if they did that they would have to increase the ROF to compensate. Still doesn't change the bigger picture. It better be view range if they are not gonna nerf camo. Staying 100% invisible while spotting everyone is just godmode. I'm on the verge of quitting tier 9 forever if they don't do anything about that.
Old 2013-12-14, 17:18   Link #11160
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

More news:

- currently, the render distance (what you see when someone else spots for you) is a square, WG is however already developing turning it into a 700m radius circle.

Yes! I can finally snipe farther across the map without having to guess the location of the enemy!

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks