Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 22:39   Link #21
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I never said it was a bad thing, in terms of the story. I said it lost some of its 'uniqueness'.

However, the mangaka did decent by explaining that
Spoiler:
but wouldnt his stamina totally disappear if he does both shooting and passing since he isnt that athletic from the start
Old 2012-05-28, 00:07   Link #22
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
I never said it was a bad thing, in terms of the story. I said it lost some of its 'uniqueness'.

However, the mangaka did decent by explaining that
Spoiler:
Erm, like Shawn Marion's shooting form?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 01:10   Link #23
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
but wouldnt his stamina totally disappear if he does both shooting and passing since he isnt that athletic from the start
I don't know what you mean by that. In the first place, when was it shown that his passing requires a lot of stamina? I would say that stamina consumption is related to the pace of the match and how the opponents play, rather than a particular execution, be it pass, drive, or shoot.

Spoiler for Kuroko's abilities:

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Erm, like Shawn Marion's shooting form?
I don't know what you mean by that. Maybe you can post some pics?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 01:15   Link #24
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Kuroko's abilities:
Like a true ninja.

Quote:
I don't know what you mean by that. Maybe you can post some pics?

That's exactly how I shoot though, some guys say.
Old 2012-05-28, 03:54   Link #25
larethian

Quote:
Like a true ninja.

That's exactly how I shoot though, some guys say.
Ah no. It's not about how he jump shoots, but the way he holds the ball. And because of that, he can either shoot or pass from that position LOL.
Old 2012-05-28, 05:17   Link #26
judasmartel
*Author

Oh, so he can shoot the same way he passes? That reminds me of the three-point lob.

Old 2012-05-28, 11:32   Link #27
MeroBAKA

The main center is Teppei and not Mitobe.

When I saw Kuroko shooting for the first time again Yosei, I was also thinking of Shawn Marion.
Since the beginning I thought, it was important, Kuroko learned new abilities and did not stick to shadowing and passes.
That kind of antics run out after being used too long and reader would get bored.
I am also convinced that it is important from a scenario viewpoint. I believed what happened back in middle school is that Akashi did not pass the ball to Kuroko and stopped couting on him to carry the tactics. Maybe he was jealous of Kuroko and wanted to prove he can achieve the same passing abilities (somehow in middleschool he was lacking on passing and worked hard) or maybe he wanted Kuroko to get stronger later in high school.
Anyway they will solve their issue in the last showdown
I hope we will see Midorima against Akashi. In ES21 the true Eyeshield was anticlimatic, because we did not see him playing in a real match. So, we need a game played by Akashi to build up his character.
MeroBAKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:21   Link #28
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeroBAKA View Post
I believed what happened back in middle school is that Akashi did not pass the ball to Kuroko and stopped couting on him to carry the tactics. Maybe he was jealous of Kuroko and wanted to prove he can achieve the same passing abilities (somehow in middleschool he was lacking on passing and worked hard) or maybe he wanted Kuroko to get stronger later in high school.
Anyway they will solve their issue in the last showdown
I think he saw Kuroko more as a threat, since they would play the same position, PG. Kuroko could have polished his PG skills, but he possesses misdirection as well, which I don't think Akashi could have pulled off. But Akashi probably has his own unique skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeroBAKA View Post
In ES21 the true Eyeshield was anticlimatic, because we did not see him playing in a real match. So, we need a game played by Akashi to build up his character.
In that sense there is no 'real' ES21, as the number 21 is always taken by the best runner in Notre Dame (I think it was called). If you wanted the 'rea'l ES21, the one who started the tradition, he is probably already dead or past his prime
Old 2012-05-29, 01:32   Link #29
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I think he saw Kuroko more as a threat, since they would play the same position, PG. Kuroko could have polished his PG skills, but he possesses misdirection as well, which I don't think Akashi could have pulled off. But Akashi probably has his own unique skills.
Wait a minute. So Kuroko really has the potential to become a true pass-first PG? I mean, he's good at passing and has misdirection abilities. That's a true PG trait. I suddenly remembered something like, "A truly good PG can make so much impact on the hard court without scoring a single point." I mean, how many PG's in the NBA today can make a huge impact for the team without having to score a single point? Maybe CP3, Rondo, or Nash?

I think somebody compared Kuroko to Rajon Rondo before this post.
Old 2012-05-29, 10:07   Link #30
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Wait a minute. So Kuroko really has the potential to become a true pass-first PG? I mean, he's good at passing and has misdirection abilities. That's a true PG trait. I suddenly remembered something like, "A truly good PG can make so much impact on the hard court without scoring a single point." I mean, how many PG's in the NBA today can make a huge impact for the team without having to score a single point? Maybe CP3, Rondo, or Nash?

I think somebody compared Kuroko to Rajon Rondo before this post.
At least with my understanding. In the later chapters Kiyoshi also said with Kuroko here, him playing PG and passing from the outside is not required anymore (though he will still pass from the inside) and he will strengthen the centre instead.

But in the end, Kuroko still has the problem that he can't play full-time, as misdirection weakens as the game goes on. His physical abilities are also sub-par compared to other players, so by the end of the manga I think Kuroko will have grown the most of all characters.
Old 2012-05-29, 10:15   Link #31
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
At least with my understanding. In the later chapters Kiyoshi also said with Kuroko here, him playing PG and passing from the outside is not required anymore (though he will still pass from the inside) and he will strengthen the centre instead.

But in the end, Kuroko still has the problem that he can't play full-time, as misdirection weakens as the game goes on. His physical abilities are also sub-par compared to other players, so by the end of the manga I think Kuroko will have grown the most of all characters.
So Kuroko will thrive on the pick and roll? But as you said, misdirection weakens over time, so he can be a back-up PG at best. I think that's better for a change, a sixth man protagonist in a genre where the hero is almost always either a Point Guard (Tomoka from RKB, but she's actually a Point Forward like LBJ) or a Power Forward (Sakuragi).
Old 2012-05-29, 10:34   Link #32
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Regarding Akashi-Kuroko...

Chapter 145 did imply that there exist the possibility that Akashi...

Spoiler:

Well, Akashi's still a mystery anyway.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 18:23   Link #33
Awrya
U mad?

Kise is the next opponent should Seirin win. That makes Midorima vs Akashi and Kuroko vs Kise from the GoM, with the final probably being Kuroko vs Akashi.

Himuro's mirage shot is explained, basically it is a jump shot that is either released as a regular shot or a shot with a higher arc? Surprisingly simple.
Old 2012-06-01, 21:21   Link #34
judasmartel
*Author

Quick release + Higher Arc?
Old 2012-06-02, 18:20   Link #35
Awrya
U mad?

163 is up, it ranges from average to disappointing. All the talk that Kagami shouldn't rely on the ZONE the previous chapter and the next chapter he enters it? ZONE is turning into plot no jutsu whenever Kagami plays against GoM, he will definitely enter ZONE against Kise and Akashi. It's like a NBA team can't win unless someone enters the ZONE
Old 2012-06-02, 23:28   Link #36
judasmartel
*Author

ZONE? Zone O? Zone D? What's that?
Old 2012-06-04, 01:14   Link #37
larethian

^ the "ZONE" is a psychological state a person enters when his mind gains single-minded focus and clarity, unaffected by the external environment and distractions, and allow the person to tap into his subconscious mind and latent abilities. It is actually not something fantastic, exists in the real world, and not exclusive to athletes.

In Kuroko no Basket, it's something used by Kagami and Aomine that allows them to access their latent abilities. It is also used in the manga "Baby Steps".
Old 2012-06-06, 07:32   Link #38
judasmartel
*Author

^ PoT's Muga No Kyouchi much?
Old 2012-06-06, 09:21   Link #39
larethian

^ Probably similar, but can't be sure since I dropped PoT way too long ago due to the overly fantastical tennis. It's better to read "Baby Steps", a far superior tennis manga than PoT. The attention to detail in explanations and realism are just amazing, making it a superior read to PoT IMHO. At the very least, there's no magic or bunshins.
Old 2012-06-07, 23:01   Link #40
judasmartel
*Author

^IIRC the MC of Baby Steps isn't overly talented like Echizen, but is a very determined player. Maybe it's a breath of fresh air from, yeah, unrealistic sports anime.

Spoiler for OT:

Tags
basketball, comedy