AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-02-13, 21:04   Link #921
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

It would be hard to do well.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 21:14   Link #922
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Points down to me because I didn’t knew what that crossover was until I google it. The title is nice but is also too much of a play on words. I like it. But where is Nanoha at all this? If is a crossover between both franchise the main character of one should appear in there, right? Just saying.
Nope. It doesn't have to be a main character. Hell, it doesn't even have to be a major character. As long as one character from the first serie become heavily involved with events - onscreen or offscreen - of the second serie, it could still be called crossover.

Quote:
In any case I wanted to consult with you guys and idea I went ahead and make in to an actual fanfiction but never really get people to tell me what they think about it: we put the Force setting of Nanoha and we add in there Frank Castle, the Punisher from Marvel, as a killing vigilante mage actually getting in the plot of the first chapters of the manga and aiming to kill the Hückebein and end their treat once and for all while Nanoha and the rest are also trying to catch the Hückebein as well. What then?
Hard to do, since one of Punisher's main attraction is that he doesn't have any power whatsoever in a world of superheroes and opt to use guns and lethal force instead.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 22:22   Link #923
Sunder the Gold

Just checking, but how many people missed that "Fate of the Colossus" was a crossover with SHADOW of the Colossus?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 22:25   Link #924
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Just checking, but how many people missed that "Fate of the Colossus" was a crossover with SHADOW of the Colossus?
I had an inkling, but I've never played the game so I passed.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 22:25   Link #925
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Hard to do, since one of Punisher's main attraction is that he doesn't have any power whatsoever in a world of superheroes and opt to use guns and lethal force instead.
While it would be an amusing idea to have the Punisher as a amge i agree with Lhklan about him being more awesome if he keeps closer to his comicbook counterpart and fight the superpowerfull criminals by leathal force and genius alone. I remeber a "what if..." sotoryline where the Punisher goes completely nuts and goes on a killing spree on the Marvel Universe getting to kill some of the most tough beings by outsmarting them (how he killed the Wolverin was pretty hardcore xD!).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 22:47   Link #926
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I was just saying back there with the Shadow of Colossus. I really think the crossover will work just fine with such elements even without Nanoha but I am not sure because I never play the game. What give it away to me was the title of the crossover. Which is a neat title for fans of each series and a nice play on words. I am all in to that kind of things.

Now back to my own little idea I agree with Lhklan and Aki there: one of the main attractions of Punisher is him being able to fight superpower beings being a normal badass (Kind of like Batman in that, actually) but is not the only strength of the character because there is other no super-power heroes in the Marvel Universe. I mean like this a cold blood killer with no respect for criminal lives, laws or the amount of firepower he uses to take down his targets enter in contact with our regular heroes. I know giving him powers seems odd but I think it doesn’t go down just because of it.
Old 2013-02-14, 00:41   Link #927
Justin_Brett

Doesn't Punisher usually just fight normal villains with guns these days, while they keep him away from people with super-powers?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 01:06   Link #928
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

No really last time I check he was going against the Avengers and Captain America just sended Thor on him
Old 2013-02-14, 04:05   Link #929
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I like it. But where is Nanoha at all this? If is a crossover between both franchise the main character of one should appear in there, right? Just saying.
There's no rule saying the main character of a franchise has to appear in a crossover.

Quote:
In any case I wanted to consult with you guys and idea I went ahead and make in to an actual fanfiction but never really get people to tell me what they think about it: we put the Force setting of Nanoha and we add in there Frank Castle, the Punisher from Marvel, as a killing vigilante mage actually getting in the plot of the first chapters of the manga and aiming to kill the Hückebein and end their treat once and for all while Nanoha and the rest are also trying to catch the Hückebein as well. What then?
They'd try to stop him, obviously. Aside from their whole "don't kill criminals unless there's no other choice" morality, the punisher tends to go above and beyond the law to do so.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 10:50   Link #930
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I already said I was just saying Keroko. As you say there is no rule but I like it better when that happens, specially with this franchise.

But back to the idea I mention, yes, of course they will have to stop him. Punisher does kill other people and that alone is crime that really puts in second place the other laws he breaks in the process. What I mean is just how a guy like this could affect the Nanoha formula. Aside from the Wolkenritter none of the main character has kill anyone or I think they will ever do it and their moral is really on the always give another chance. Nanoha and the rest likes to listen and they do not think less of you for your action as much as your motives. I mean Nanoha likes to blast people but she always try to talk with them first, learn and comprehend others. Punisher just shoots you in the head with his gun if you are a criminal and I am talking about what happen when those kinds of morals crash to each other. I say the Force setting is the best because, beyond if is good or not, it does have a more "dark" tone that will allow murder to not be such rare as it will bee when Nanoha had 9.
Old 2013-02-14, 13:15   Link #931
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
There's no rule saying the main character of a franchise has to appear in a crossover.
Magical Pony Lyrical Twilight replaces Nanoha completely with Twilight Sparkle, since the Jewel Seeds fell on Equestria rather than Earth.
Old 2013-02-19, 19:54   Link #932
Sunder the Gold

Found something odd. http://librarians-on-youtube.blogspo...uno-scrya.html
Old 2013-02-19, 21:51   Link #933
Sunder the Gold

Remember that Accel World crossover I suggested earlier in this thread?

I've got Nanoha's and Yuuno's Duel Avatars figured out.

Spoiler for Nanoha - Dawn Star:

Spoiler for Yuuno - Jade Sage:
Old 2013-03-05, 22:58   Link #934
Justin_Brett

So, anyone on here play Dark Souls? I've been lately, and I feel like crossing that over with the Ancient Belka characters could be pretty awesome.
Old 2013-03-05, 23:00   Link #935
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Haven't played it myself. What aspects are you thinking would mesh well together?
Old 2013-03-06, 02:01   Link #936
Laevatein

People in the Vividred Operation thread have been making a fair few comparisons to Nanoha, so I'm wondering how people here think the series would interact.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 03:38   Link #937
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Haven't played it myself. What aspects are you thinking would mesh well together?
Well, the world in Dark Souls has a lot of aspects to it that are probably shared by the last days of Ancient Belka, at least when it takes place. People are cursed and labelled as pariahs, there's chaos and desperation everywhere, and the whole world's basically on the brink. You don't outright see most of this, since you don't really spend any time in the outside world, but looking between the lines tells you stuff is not right.

The second friendly NPC you meet is a guy so depressed that he's willing to just sit there waiting until his mind rots away, just because he thinks trying to fix everything is completely hopeless.
Old 2013-03-06, 04:40   Link #938
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I can see the possibilities, though you'd have to tweak the dark souls verse a bit to compensate for the influx of modern tech, going by Vivid these changes would be minimal.

I could see a link between those cursed with the darksign and Ixpellia. One being related to the other in some form.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 04:48   Link #939
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I would thoroughly enjoy the lolis being killed over and over again as they try and fail to beat the forces of darkness.

This should come as no surprise to anyone.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 06:27   Link #940
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Hmm, actually yeah you might need to keep the death and rebirth cycle thing in place...if not the two settings are just way too similar. One thing to take note of would be scaling, though, seeing as that Dark Souls takes place on only one world while the decay of Belka takes up a much wider scale.

In fact I think the theme of the ancient decay deal fits in a bit more with Demon's Souls. But well whatever.

And seriously dude, with a profile pic like that you'd kill even the surprise over and over, let alone the lolis.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote