AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-06, 00:34   Link #1241
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Can we say that for now, the plot is actually moving ? And looks like next chapter a fight will broke out....heh, it's been a while since I saw Yabuki draw battle scene

....and here I am, interested more into TLR plot rather than it's fanservice...

....wut?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 03:38   Link #1242
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
Probably the only thing I didn't like was Haruna's flying butt tackle, mostly because it feels like Darkness should have already graduated from needing to show such blatant, low-end fan service scenes.
Yeah, it's funny how seeing these old TLR antics reminds you how boring the old series was getting. Haruna, Run, (and yes, even Lala) just don't have anything to offer the plot anymore. Luckily that doesn't apply to Yui!
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 03:50   Link #1243
Scy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Actually it was cancelled due to ratings, it's constant low placement in the mid teens continued to fuel speculation of it's cancellation, and when series around it started getting the axe, it seemed like JUMP might have been planning to change directions, especially since the content of TLR didn't match the shounen demo, anyway it's all in the air because it easily could have been ratings and it could not have been. We;d have to hear it from the horses mouth to really get a better idea.
The way I understand Jump works, they do not cancel series that have constantly low placement. They cancel series that end up bottom for a few weeks in a row. That's why mx0 got cancelled; it was usually hovering in the 10-20 rank mark, above the likes of To-Love-Ru and Psyren that outlasted it, but suddenly went bottom for a few weeks.
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 07:25   Link #1244
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy View Post
The way I understand Jump works, they do not cancel series that have constantly low placement. They cancel series that end up bottom for a few weeks in a row. That's why mx0 got cancelled; it was usually hovering in the 10-20 rank mark, above the likes of To-Love-Ru and Psyren that outlasted it, but suddenly went bottom for a few weeks.
Jump don't really drop series just because of low ratings, I find Tankobon sales have a bigger say in weather a series is dropped or not.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 07:59   Link #1245
Marty17
Like What You Hate

Just a heads up, the 2nd pg of Yui's bathroom scene is uncensored/coloured is out.

Now, back to the manga - I won't say Run's appearance was totally pointless, at least this builds up to something later on, announcing she's completed with her tour this could mean that a particular CH might be focusing on her (especially those who are eager to see how Momo might fix the problem of Ren)
Old 2011-02-06, 08:36   Link #1246
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And how is this not a sequel?

That's a Kanon Killer right there.
They only called it a spin-off because the main heroines and the overall direction of the series changed. It sort of gives them an excuse to do what they want.

The whole chapter came dangerously close to killing me. Best chapter in the series for me. Yami and Mikan got a strong and adorable womance going on (matching keychains, daaaw!). Unfortunately, Rito just had to come in and crush my yuri fantasies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Can we say that for now, the plot is actually moving ? And looks like next chapter a fight will broke out....heh, it's been a while since I saw Yabuki draw battle scene

....and here I am, interested more into TLR plot rather than it's fanservice...

....wut?
I'm equally interested in both

I'm very much looking forward to this fight. Mikan better not get hurt!
Old 2011-02-06, 10:54   Link #1247
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
Woot! Chapter's finally out.

Great chapter overall. I liked the scene with Rito & Momo just playing games and hanging out, mostly because it's a nice reminder that she doesn't try getting into his pants 24/7. Though I have to say, page 14 was pretty hot. And I couldn't help but notice that Momo emphasized "Today" in her statement, like she's usually not sleeping in her own room most nights anymore.

Heartwarming scene with Mikan & Yami as well. When you go back and compare their first interactions in the series, it really goes to show how much Mikan's affected her life. Also, Yami's smile at Rito was really bright but still very nice.

Probably the only thing I didn't like was Haruna's flying butt tackle, mostly because it feels like Darkness should have already graduated from needing to show such blatant, low-end fan service scenes.
well as much as it seems it is pointless to continue to do these coincidental landings where he seems to always have pure luck in fanservice, it has been in basically EVERY chapter so not sure why you notice this.

i was fine with haruna's thing though for only one main reason though. She wasn't just randomly walking and tripping, she had first made up her mind to be assertive and make a move finally, and yet at that same moment her wingman screws it all up.

plus if Haruna did what seemed to be planning and start making a move on Rito, it ens out Harem, lol. We can't let Haruna win.

Oh BTW quick question:
Anyone know where I can find the color spreads of each chapter cleaned up.

Last edited by Simonsy; 2011-02-06 at 11:51.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 11:38   Link #1248
faiz blaster

People keep making the same mistakes...

Listen, you can't hotlink pics straight from sites such as danbooru in this forum.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 11:52   Link #1249
Simonsy

oh sorry didn't know. just thought couldn't link pics that were naughty rated x, ect.

or to link to downloads
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 13:59   Link #1250
Xagzan

Silly Mikan, it's never too early for video games.

Or for the first thing that came to your mind
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 16:23   Link #1251
Freeter
beyond

Godly coloring guy just did Yami's smile from the latest chapter, I think I'm in heaven
Old 2011-02-06, 16:31   Link #1252
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Godly coloring guy just did Yami's smile from the latest chapter, I think I'm in heaven
I knew he'd color this panel, but holy crap, that was fast! I didn't expect to see anything from him for another month. Now, Mikan please <3
Old 2011-02-06, 16:58   Link #1253
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
well as much as it seems it is pointless to continue to do these coincidental landings where he seems to always have pure luck in fanservice, it has been in basically EVERY chapter so not sure why you notice this.

i was fine with haruna's thing though for only one main reason though. She wasn't just randomly walking and tripping, she had first made up her mind to be assertive and make a move finally, and yet at that same moment her wingman screws it all up.

plus if Haruna did what seemed to be planning and start making a move on Rito, it ens out Harem, lol. We can't let Haruna win.
Fan service in every chapter? Yes. Conincidental landings to create said fan service? No. Not since back in chap. 1 with Rito's face plant on Yui's privates has there been a scene like that, and even then Yui's scene was handled better, wasn't so completely random and was at least somewhat more believable in the possibility of it actually happening.

I realize that Haruna with her personality and situation isn't exactly the easiest character to perform fan service with, but I still think the creators could have handled her scenes a bit more smartly than what was shown here.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:00   Link #1254
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
He really is talented....

Old 2011-02-06, 17:00   Link #1255
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It just occured to me that we can post the pic this time

If anyone ever finds out where this guy posts his works, please share.
Old 2011-02-06, 17:04   Link #1256
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Hm if we can donate to this guy, I think I would. He's doing the world a great service.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:07   Link #1257
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It just occured to me that we can post the pic this time

Yeah, so used to not being able to post the colors, haha.

Here's the other one that is postable:

Kanon, don't make a mess of your keyboard.

Quote:
If anyone ever finds out where this guy posts his works, please share.
The pool comment says 2chan's futaba channel.
Old 2011-02-06, 17:08   Link #1258
Xagzan

He also did a Momo coloring from this chapter already. That one is not ok to post here.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:10   Link #1259
Soraya21

^^^ Very nice. But after all this time, we still don't even have a name for this guy who does these wonderful colorings? And for those that know, where does he first post the images for his works?
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:14   Link #1260
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah, so used to not being able to post the colors, haha.

Kanon, don't make a mess of your keyboard.

The pool comment says 2chan's futaba channel.
In case you hadn't noticed, I'm already using this image as my avatar so I'm used to it (and my keyboard is fine, thank you).

I know, but 2chan is pretty wide. I'd like to know the board at least. I've never seen anything in the random anime ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
He also did a Momo coloring from this chapter already. That one is not ok to post here.
Was that really done by him? That one seems to lack his usual touch.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen