AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-07-26, 16:55   Link #21
Celisasu
My marbles! I lost them!

While the delay is dissapointing, lots of companies have had long delays so I'm not too bothered by it. It is nice to see that Atlus still believes in keeping quality up and even more importantly I still love Atlus devotion to bringing over those games that a lot of other companies never do. I enjoyed Persona despite some questionable translation, and I loved Persona 2 despite a few very frustrating parts(and the fact that it wasn't exactly complete refering to another Persona game that we never got in the US). I'm looking forward to Persona 3.
Celisasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 03:47   Link #22
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
I'm getting pretty hyped about this game, only other SMT game I have played was Digital Devil Saga 1. I have been playing FFXII and I have been utterly disappointed, this however looks right up my alley. Unlike FFXII, looks like I might actually get to know the characters with this one.

Can't wait to shoot myself in the head!

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 16:48   Link #23
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Two weeks from now. I think the Shin Megami Tensei brought out the occult in me.

Also:

DO WANT
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 15:30   Link #24
XiaNaphryz

Shin Megami Tensai: Persona 3

Kinda surprised there's no thread for this game up yet. Anyone playing? Blatanly stealing from a NeoGAF thread:

---------------
Boxart
---------------
Outer box (holds game, artbook, and soundtrack CD)

Game box

----------------
Release Date
----------------

August 14, 2007

------------------------------
Persona 3 Special Edition
------------------------------

Includes: Game Soundtrack and Artbook

pics - http://playmagazine.com/index.php?fu...ge&Game_ID=611

-------------------------
So what's Persona 3?
-------------------------

Persona 3 is the third entry (4th if you count the two Persona 2 games) in the Persona spin off series of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise. Completely different from the past 4 Persona games, in Persona 3 you play as a nameless high school kid who just got tranfered to Gekkokan High School. here he gets attacked by shadows -- creatures that feed on the minds of their victims -- this assault awakens his long dormant persona Orpheous his only way to battle the Shadows.

He soon learns that in his in fact not the only guy with this ability. he meets others in high school who can also summon Personas, he joins a group called SEES in order to learn more and confront the shadows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
What Makes Persona 3 different from your average jRPG?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Calendar System

Persona 3 is divided by months and each day is divided by day/night/dark hour. At daytimes you go to school, take your exams and join clubs just like a normal school kid would do. nightime you can play games (there is a MMORPG called Devil Buster, but no you cant play it ;p), study, go to dance clubs, go on a date with a chick or you can wait for the dark hour. so what's the dark hour? at midnight time stops and a huge tower called Tartarus rises in the school you attend to.

daytime

nightime

dark hour

Tartarus:

it's huge tower that consist of 256 floors, the floors are randomly generated and the enemies are visible on the field so you can choose to avoid them if you want or head in and attack them to start a battle. it's in this tower where you train your characters and gain new Personae to use in the Velvet Room. you can also split up your party so they can explore the whole floor faster.

Battle System:

Persona 3 features a turn based battle system in which you only control the main character directly, the other party members are controlled by the AI. you can still give orders to the AI but you dont have direct control over their actions. Persona 3 also features the 'One More!!' system, how does this works? if you played SMT3/DDS you know that hitting an enemy weakness is rewarded with an extra turn, One More!! system works similar but you dont lose a turn if you screw up another thing is that if all the enemies in the battle field are in 'Down' status your party can unleash a combination attack for greater damage... to put the enemy in 'down' status you simply hit it with something that the enemy is weak against.

Community System (or Social Link)

depending on how well or how badly you did with an NPC, the commu rank that NPC represents will either go up or down. as your commu ranks start going up you gain access to new Personae to fuse and create. think of it as chatting with demons in the old Persona, this time instead of speaking with demons you speak with and interact with Humans in the game.

Velvet Room:

old time Persona fans know what this place is all about, here you can fuse and create new personas. Igor is back and he has a new assistant called Elizabeth, who will give you various quest and errands to do while you explore Tartaros

----------
Trailers
----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GS8DqFevV0

-------------
Reviews
-------------

RPGamer - 4.5/5
Game Informer - 8.5/10
Play Magazine - 9.5/10 (gotm)
Gamespy - 4.5/5
IGN - 8.3/10
Gamespot - 8.5/10
PSM - 9/10
EGM - 8.5/9.5/9.5 (gotm)
PSM - 9/10 (gotm)
XiaNaphryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 17:52   Link #25
Sides

There is already a thread about this game link
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 01:50   Link #26
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

And What do you think the problem is on Neogaf...

So What are you playing now....Before Bioshock.

Persona...THEN BIOSHOCK!!!

Just came out at the worst time possible...A week before the biggest hardcore game of the year And looking to be one of the highest ranked games ever
Old 2007-08-18, 02:06   Link #27
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Though to be fair, just what percentage of players that would play Persona 3 is also an FPS player? From what little I have played of P3 so far, it seems to be a hardcore RPG; something that's really not into the alley of the casual gamer. As such, it seems to me that most of the players who's playing P3 is distinct and separate from those anticipating bioshock.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 03:27   Link #28
kujoe
from head to heel

I really want to play this game... but I spoiled the ending for myself already. Should've known better, but anyway...

The game really looks interesting. In terms of content, it's a breath of fresh air. (Well, it's still good 'ol Persona, but still...) And I especially like the sense of freedom you have as the main protagonist.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 03:43   Link #29
Sides

Btw does the NA version have japanese voice tracks?
Old 2007-08-20, 08:47   Link #30
Deathwing
what do i know

The Shin Megami tense franchise is on of the best and i will defiantly pick up this game but from the screen shots the game dosn't seem to have the best graphics (not a huge deal as long as the story is good but still id expect better)
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 12:03   Link #31
XiaNaphryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Btw does the NA version have japanese voice tracks?
Unfortunately no, there wasn't enough space to fit both. From what I've played so far though, the dub is fantastic - and I normally hate dubs!
XiaNaphryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 21:04   Link #32
Garet Jax

Seconded for the dub. I find it quite good. The graphics, well, I don't think they're bad. They're certainly satisfying enough, and for a game like this, they're a secondary draw, anyway, compared to the story and gameplay. It's a good departure from most RPGs I've played.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 01:16   Link #33
problemedchild
ô_ô

I'll have to agree with the two above posters, the dub is indeed fantastic. I havn't gotten very far, but I'm enjoying the game.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 03:21   Link #34
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

All I have to say is...Best Special Edition yet. Why...A great artbook with Soundtrack and cool case. And best part...NOT A DIME MORE THEN NORMAL PRICE.

*Still pissy at Atlus though*...No Word on Fez Edition...This has had so many delays...And to be honest. The 2weeks for the artbook was a ***** Move. just happened like that...Go there to the game store and find out its two weeks more. A bit of warning!!!
Old 2007-08-21, 05:20   Link #35
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz View Post
Unfortunately no, there wasn't enough space to fit both. From what I've played so far though, the dub is fantastic - and I normally hate dubs!
Well i still have FES still on my PS2's HDD, that takes about ~4GB, and since the PS2 does support dual layer i don't see a storage problem.
But fair enought, if the dub are OK, i might be tempted to import the US version as well, unless Atlus announce FES for the NA in the next few days.
Old 2007-08-21, 05:36   Link #36
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

you won't hear about FES coming to U.S for a while. if persona 3 does good then they MIGHT do FES it all about the sales and how good it makes money for them. if it does not do good then they will not do it.
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 10:36   Link #37
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

So far its rated second best PS2 game in gamespot this week, after the hype die down it might drop a bit but still, i've been playing for a week now, total logged time is 28hrs + 6hrs from first restart +4~6 hrs for shine restarts.....this game is addicting >_>

I usually despise dub, but Atlus went all out on this one getting the best VAs in the American VA business, altho not up-to-par with Japanese it is still very enjoyable...with the exception of
Spoiler for a later character:
Old 2007-08-21, 19:41   Link #38
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

it's SMT with a dating simulation into it......... and gawd it's so much fun.

Already manage to charm 2 girls in the school now XD, going to work on getting my stats up to date red hot Mitsuru.
Old 2007-08-21, 20:40   Link #39
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Quote:
The reason why Atlus USA has not announced whether or not FES will be localized in North America is:
Atlus USA is not ready to announce whether or not FES will be localized in North America.

You can go into the hows and whys and call them "excuses," but the fact is that no public announcements will be made until we want people to know what's been decided. But before that, the decision has to be made in the first place. When we tell you the kinds of things that factor into making that decision, that is not avoiding the question of what the outcome will be, because that question has no answer yet.

Actually avoiding the question is the "No FES questions" for the next newsletter, because otherwise it'd be nothing but FES questions.
Quote:
you have to look at it from a business perspective. They just released P3 6 days ago, they have no clue how well P3 has sold so far or how strong it will continue to sell in the future. Without some solid sales figures for P3, they will not be able to justify the time and money that will have to be invested for a FES localization.

The sales numbers in the coming weeks will decide whether or not FES gets released in the U.S. As I said before, spread the word and hope for the best. That's all you can do.

And don't forget to enjoy what we already have as well! P3 has been an amazing game so far!

Taken from Atlus forums.

this might help put some of your questions and wondering about FES to rest.
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-21, 21:10   Link #40
Deathwing
what do i know

so that means we are probably gonna get boned again in the US (first no persona 2 innocent sin now this)
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps2