AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-21, 05:38   Link #1461
Neku
yare yare..

I'm playing Patapon atm.

Anyone else got addicted by this primitive-cheerleading-like game?
Old 2009-08-21, 06:46   Link #1462
Da~Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmiDex View Post
Hrrrrmmmm~
Though as I've read alot of people are looking forward to Tekken 6
O-O has anyone actually already played the arcade~?! *le gasp*
8DDD Cause I'm gonna collect some money just to go the arcade and play that...like...now 8D

....Also.
I'm hesitating to play Crisis Core ><;
....I just can't finish the game knowing....xD;;; well....tragic ending.
Tekken 6, well, it's really Tekken 5.6 from what I've played so far.
Whilst I haven't experimented with how much the air combos, scenery and so on has affected the gameplay, the feel of the game is essentially the same as Tekken 5, but with improved graphics, more characters and so on.
The differences in the Tekken games only become very obvious if you suddenly play Tekken 1 or even 2.
I still love the Tekken series anyway.
At least my 'skills' get carried over from the get go rather than having to train up from Level 1 or something like that.

And Crisis Core?
Well, we generally know the protagonist goes bye bye from all the FF7 stuff out there.
If it weren't for my attitude on trying to complete all those inane missions, I would have finished this game long ago, and it would have been a lot shorter too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
I'm playing Patapon atm.

Anyone else got addicted by this primitive-cheerleading-like game?
It's great fun!
Until the grinding became grating to me that is...

Getting enough Ka-ching and items to make rare-pons and soup up your army wasn't an appealing thing to me.
But otherwise a fun game.

I just ordered DJ Max: Clazziquai Edition (love their music) after reading about it on this forum somewhere... Might be an interesting challenge for a psp rhythm game.

Last edited by Da~Mike; 2009-08-21 at 06:49. Reason: crisis core
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 10:58   Link #1463
KarmiDex
Kyuu Kyuu Kyuubi~~

Location: In your lunchbox, trying to scavage for sushiiiiiii~
Send a message via MSN to KarmiDex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da~Mike View Post
Tekken 6, well, it's really Tekken 5.6 from what I've played so far.
Whilst I haven't experimented with how much the air combos, scenery and so on has affected the gameplay, the feel of the game is essentially the same as Tekken 5, but with improved graphics, more characters and so on.
The differences in the Tekken games only become very obvious if you suddenly play Tekken 1 or even 2.
I still love the Tekken series anyway.
At least my 'skills' get carried over from the get go rather than having to train up from Level 1 or something like that.

And Crisis Core?
Well, we generally know the protagonist goes bye bye from all the FF7 stuff out there.
If it weren't for my attitude on trying to complete all those inane missions, I would have finished this game long ago, and it would have been a lot shorter too...

It's great fun!
Until the grinding became grating to me that is...

Getting enough Ka-ching and items to make rare-pons and soup up your army wasn't an appealing thing to me.

I just ordered DJ Max: Clazziquai Edition (love their music) after reading about it on this forum somewhere... Might be an interesting challenge for a psp rhythm game.

......OHOHOH~~! OHHHH!!
WHICH REMINDS ME!
....Actually yeah xD I was also too busy completing some side missions in Crisis Core x___x (Zack leveled up so fast xD I got too excited that I just got so determined to just try complete everything)
I really detest the Genesis missions -.-;
....I actually figured out for some reaosn o-o that Cloud sorta replace Zack in some ways. Me said in someeeee waaays
I mean like, Crisis Core is the prologue of FF7 so like...initially the protagonist is suppose to be Zack but Zack died protecting Cloud and then Cloud became the protagonist.

Well thats just my theory xD There could be others who will not share an agreement in this so yeah xD Probably babbling too much.

Yep x3 I guess thats the reason of why PS3 even existed o-o;
*sniffles* But to buy a PS3 here cost about 1k bucks...
So yeah >>; Fail. I'll probably be able to get it next year...or something.
But but but!
I just realized too =O!
The guys chest has gotten so...masculine o-o And like...
Omg *droolsatHwoarangandJin* The improvement of their hotness! <3333333

xD Sorry~ I'm just so hyper all of sudden~ Pardon me if I sound so......jumpy xD;;
KarmiDex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 11:54   Link #1464
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da~Mike
I don't like grinding so much either.
But I love it when they sing Pata pata pata pon in a.. I'm not sure what the word is ... jeering tone. It's rather funny.

I heard from my friend that Patapon 2 is much easier.. so I'm planning on getting that after I finish the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmiDex
I really detest the Genesis missions -.-;
Agreed.
..and I really hate the missions where there are those crazy spinning machines that spins off your HP.
Old 2009-08-21, 12:21   Link #1465
KarmiDex
Kyuu Kyuu Kyuubi~~

Quote:
Agreed.
..and I really hate the missions where there are those crazy spinning machines that spins off your HP.
I haven't got to that yet xD...I think.
Sometimes I really wonder why I do so much missions when in the end it seems like at the near end of the game, you don't need so much power up items. xD
But then is like 'OHHH! I COMPLETED THIS! YESYESYES!!'
It was like the same thing with FF8 for me xD I did so many secret missions and all that later when it came to Ultimecia's Castle, was like '......I got too much of everything it seems'
xD I giggle.
Old 2009-08-21, 12:45   Link #1466
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
I haven't got to that yet xD...I think.
Sometimes I really wonder why I do so much missions when in the end it seems like at the near end of the game, you don't need so much power up items. xD
But then is like 'OHHH! I COMPLETED THIS! YESYESYES!!'
It was like the same thing with FF8 for me xD I did so many secret missions and all that later when it came to Ultimecia's Castle, was like '......I got too much of everything it seems'
xD I giggle.
Lol yeah. That's the trend with Final Fantasies.
Their sidequests are hard as hell, and when you're finished with them, you're overlevelled and the storyline bosses becomes totally easy.

But yeah, it's definitely nice to to complete missions. Has a certain satisfaction from it.
Old 2009-08-22, 06:03   Link #1467
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
For unknown reasons, i've restarted Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. I guess one of the reasons could be the large collection of Dragon Quest references in latest four episode arc from Gintama.
Despite the heavy dose of old school in it, this is one game I actually enjoyed lots.

Would play it again if I had a PS2 that actually worked.
Old 2009-08-22, 06:25   Link #1468
Battler-kun

All kind of various Dreamcast-games.

Finished Alone in the Dark4.

Now i need to finish Grandia 2, fantastic RPG...but too short

Soul Calibur was amazing. I mean it was released 1999....
But it gets kinda boring once you played through everything. Wish i could play against others via the internet.

Skies of Arcadia:
After finishing Grandia 2 i will play that epic game. I think it will top Grandia 2.

Air-pirates with Air-sailing-ships! What else do you want, especially as a One-Piece-freak? XD
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 10:40   Link #1469
KarmiDex
Kyuu Kyuu Kyuubi~~

Quote:
Lol yeah. That's the trend with Final Fantasies.
Their sidequests are hard as hell, and when you're finished with them, you're overlevelled and the storyline bosses becomes totally easy.

But yeah, it's definitely nice to to complete missions. Has a certain satisfaction from it.
Yep x3~
Now I feel like replying FF8 and continue Crisis Core xD But still afraid cause I know I'll cry at the ending...
Daaaamn spoilers!

=O But as far as anyone know, is Dissidia like the only fighting game in the FF series~?
Old 2009-08-22, 10:56   Link #1470
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Yep x3~
Now I feel like replying FF8 and continue Crisis Core xD But still afraid cause I know I'll cry at the ending...
Daaaamn spoilers!

=O But as far as anyone know, is Dissidia like the only fighting game in the FF series~?
Yeah. I know the ending, but I can't help from feeling sad upon finishing it either.
And don't worry, it's definitely normal to cry (I did)

As for another fighting game aside from Dissidia, there's Ehrgeiz (PS1) that features Final Fantasy characters from FFVII; Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, Vincent and Yuffie.

Otherwise, I believe Dissidia is the only fighting game in the FF series.
Old 2009-08-22, 11:51   Link #1471
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Wolfenstein 2.
Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 17:05   Link #1472
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Finished my first playthrough of Mass Effect so I switched to Eternal Sonata and Prototype

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 18:17   Link #1473
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Completed Pokemon Ranger 2 on my DS, which I haven't touched for several months.

Also played some LittleBigPlanet on my Playstation 3.

Last edited by chikorita157; 2009-08-22 at 21:23.
chikorita157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 13:08   Link #1474
Shadow Kira01

Started Persona: The Revelations again as that my save file was lost a few months ago. Currently, an hour into the game. I really don't like how the controls work. P2 is so much better.. The character seem to walk in the opposite direction. Nonetheless, I couldn't wait another month to get the enhanced psp port. Actually, I am also unhappy at the fact that this ps1 version lacks the Snow Queen test and also got a ridiculous character re-design along with name changes. Reminds me of Sengoku Basara which ended up as Devil Kings...

Also trying to finish up Persona 2: Tsumi.. The story is really interesting. Although Tatsuya is the protagonist but for some reason, I get the feeling that the story from the beginning to the end centralizes on Kurosu Jun. Perhaps, the sequel will be different.. I had already played an hour or two of the direct sequel and it seems that Maya is the protagonist while Tatsuya plays a major role.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 06:04   Link #1475
KarmiDex
Kyuu Kyuu Kyuubi~~

I just wanna say...

I BEAT DEVIL MAY CRY 1!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!

Whoooooooooooooooo~ xD

Omg it took me months just to finish it >.>; Well cause of school and life traffic and such..

Butbutbutbutttt!

Yesh! I beat it!
*Does a penguin happy dance*

...........But its so easy ;___; I was like '...What? You just need that much devil star and bam?' xD

Whoot~
Old 2009-08-24, 06:11   Link #1476
Neku
yare yare..

@KarmiDex: Congrats.

I've moved on from Valkyria Chronicles to Final Fantasy VII on my PS3.
After playing Crisis Core... I chuckled so much when Aerith's words kept confusing Cloud.

As for DS.. it'll be Ouendan 2. WOOT.
Old 2009-08-24, 07:29   Link #1477
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Policenauts English Localization Completed
Old 2009-08-24, 07:42   Link #1478
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Skies of Arcadia:
After finishing Grandia 2 i will play that epic game. I think it will top Grandia 2.

Air-pirates with Air-sailing-ships! What else do you want, especially as a One-Piece-freak? XD
I just played it about two months ago and loved Skies of Arcadia. I brought the original Grandia to see what it's like.

I've also got a copy of Wild Arms 5 on the way since that was described to me as SoA in the wild west and it looks like great fun from the videos I've seen.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 07:53   Link #1479
Ending

Still WoW and the Sims 3. Finally got some mods for the latter and progressed to the second generation (RIP, first gen). About to ditch WoW for Age of Conan, though, where I fully intend to roll a priest of Mitra.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 08:31   Link #1480
Ermes Marana

I've been playing Saturn games for the first time lately.

So far I beat Shining the Holy Ark, and now I'm playing Shining Force III and Panzer Dragoon Saga.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote