AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-27, 00:26   Link #81
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow_Storm View Post
Ha! My birthday!

Anyway, is it me or does Leo look like kinda like Battler?

Also, here's hoping they ain't using R07's art for the sprites.
I really see no reason why they wouldn't.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 03:00   Link #82
nyoronyolo
Would-be Anthropologist

http://07th-expansion.net/rose/world.htm
Just some musing here on the 3rd pic (the one next to <夜の女たち>) -- http://07th-expansion.net/rose/images/world_03.jpg
It's a picture taken in Paris: LCL logo - French bank, typical Parisian building and... bus station stop sign.
Now I understand why Ryukishi07 was in France last year, taking pictures for Rose Gun Days .
Old 2012-02-27, 11:16   Link #83
moichispa
Endless witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaple View Post
Can anyone translate the japanese for a none japanese speaker please?^^ I want to know the details!
Check rose guns days tag on tumblr there are a few translations of the plot page.
Old 2012-02-27, 12:57   Link #84
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Ryuukishi07 has written two sevenths of the story. It will take place across a whole city with a large cast of characters.

Ronove has translated parts of the website:
World
Story
Old 2012-02-27, 15:41   Link #85
Rayneing
Trombe!

Oh man, this sounds so awesome. I absolutely love the setting he's crafted here, I can't wait to see it in action.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:51   Link #86
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
But in Rose Guns Days, Japan had a natural disaster in 1944, maybe an earthquake, that ruined the entire archipelago, and made them unable to fight anymore
I'm pretty sure he's just talking about the nukes and the firebombings. The China occupation is new though.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 16:39   Link #87
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'm pretty sure he's just talking about the nukes and the firebombings. The China occupation is new though.
It doesn't seem that way, since it heavily implies that the nuclear bombing did not happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by "World" translation
There are men who say that if it wasn’t for the great disaster, we might have won the war, but that’s garbage.

If the war had continued like it did, the combined forces of the Americans and Chinese would have quickly started dropping their new bombs, and then there wouldn’t even be a trace of the islands of Japan left.
Old 2012-02-27, 18:43   Link #88
Tamekichi
流離っている

I don't know if Ronove already did, but here are the character bios translated:

Leo Shishigami

He's a legendary man, Leo.
In brawls, with guns, even runnin' his mouth, there's no one better.
However, it's his seduction of women that makes him famous.
He'd see a woman and put the moves on her right there without giving a thought to anyone.
I also have memories of those advances... hehe.
He smelled of danger, that charming man.
The war was supposed to have ended in 44. The repatriation ship went down on a sea mine, and after drifting ashore, he caused a misunderstanding, like he had wanted to get thrown in the internment camp. So he came back to Japan 3 years later, in 47.
His own country had completely changed, and it had certainly become a confusing place.
He left the repatriation office with no address, no place to go to.
It was then he chanced to meet Rose. That is surely where it all began.

"Can I give you a hand, young lady?"

Rose Haibara

She's the real founding Madame of Primavera, Rose.
However, at some point in 47, she was forced into the role of peacemaker for the Women of the Night.
She's kind and fair to everyone. She's very serious and doesn't doubt a thing, the sweetheart.
She lacked dignity before being a Madame, but everyone was in love with her for that reason.
As a woman, she was beautiful in a sweet way. As a Woman of the Night, well, maybe that disqualifies her.
Hers is a fleeting beauty, just like that of freshly fallen snow. As such, no man lays a finger on anyone.

"Hey! No fighting! Got it!?"
Tamekichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 18:53   Link #89
Joly
モエカステル

Thank you for the translations!
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 19:12   Link #90
Tamekichi
流離っている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
Thank you for the translations!
No problem! Hopefully I can do more as they come out too.
Tamekichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 00:44   Link #91
Nigale86

Hi Guys When reading ANN Article on Rose Guns Days Yesterday I happened to go to the source site and found a very interesting image I'm not entirely sure but it looks like it could be from the Booklet that Ryukishi was talking about

It features quite a few new characters that havent been seen yet

It also looks as though the game might be a collaborration of styles from all four artists

Spoiler for Rose Guns Days New Characters from Booklet?:
Nigale86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 05:20   Link #92
HasuMasu
*Artist

This is getting better and better.
Old 2012-02-28, 05:42   Link #93
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigale86 View Post
It also looks as though the game might be a collaborration of styles from all four artists
That would look very, very awful.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 20:29   Link #94
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That would look very, very awful.
I doubt it would literally be a combination of two art styles (yes that would be bad); I think the other pictures are just 'designs' that Ryukishi is basing his work off of.

Or maybe the fancier pictures would be for "cinematic" scenes? He did say he was releasing a trailer. Who knows.

Or MAYBE (I hope for this) it plays like Silent Hill, and in an alternate world the characters have sprites from the different artists
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 09:02   Link #95
legomaple

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I doubt it would literally be a combination of two art styles (yes that would be bad); I think the other pictures are just 'designs' that Ryukishi is basing his work off of.

Or maybe the fancier pictures would be for "cinematic" scenes? He did say he was releasing a trailer. Who knows.

Or MAYBE (I hope for this) it plays like Silent Hill, and in an alternate world the characters have sprites from the different artists
In the previous games he used the sprites from the game for all the videos. It could be the same again.
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 15:04   Link #96
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I think the sprites will be drawn by Ryuukishi07, although some of the characters are designed by other people who drew some concept art.

And of course, we saw some wonderful portrait art of Beatrice, EVA-Beatrice and Erika in Umineko, so we could see art from other people in-game in a similar fashion.
Old 2012-03-01, 11:35   Link #97
Joly
モエカステル

The RGD site got updated with more character profile thumbnails and Richard Maiougi's profile info.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 11:51   Link #98
immblueversion

According to those thumbnail icons for the updated website showing the characters, only two of them look like they were drawn by Ryukishi, both of them featured on his blog previously.

And another character, who seems to be designed by Jiro Suzuki, and looks exactly like Battler does in the Umineko EP2 manga (which Suzuki illustrated). In fact, when I link to the icons directly, the images are named with three letters, which likely stand in for the characters' names. Leo's icon is named "leo.png", Rose's is "ros.png", and Richard's is "ric.png". And the guy who looks like Battler? His is called "but.png". And "but" is the same name that comes up when images related to Battler in the Umineko games are extracted (likely due to a name mistransliteration that was never changed).

Here's his icon:

Lastly, the character page has two icons with question marks, likely to hide certain characters. However, not only do they link to character pages, but they actually reveal the hidden characters' names (but just their names).
Spoiler for Names:

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2012-03-01 at 12:32.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 14:52   Link #99
L in Hinamizawa
I guess Erika would be E?

Location: In Hinamizawa trying to solve the Curse of Oyashiro Sama
The new artwork looks awesome!
And thanks to everyone who is posting translations!!!
L in Hinamizawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 15:13   Link #100
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Lastly, the character page has two icons with question marks, likely to hide certain characters. However, not only do they link to character pages, but they actually reveal the hidden characters' names (but just their names).
Spoiler for Names:
Spoiler for just in case:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel