AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 17:05   Link #41
marvelB

So it's official: THRILLER BARK (and Brooke) WILL BE IN THIS GAME!

And now we just need confirmation of Skypiea (and DBF).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 22:30   Link #42
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
As long as we get Skypeia, as much as I love Davy Back... I'd be able to live without it~
Old 2012-10-17, 10:14   Link #43
marvelB

New scan is out. Still no confirmation of Skypiea yet, but it does show that zombie Oars will be a boss in Thriller Bark (makes sense too, since that was even a team battle). Credit goes to redon from AP for the scan!
Old 2012-10-29, 12:39   Link #44
yakumo-chan

One Piece RPG was my dream!!

although this game looks like it wouldnt be great as I hoped to be...

first of all the graphics suck, they should have stayed in 2D not 3D if they are going to use PSP. More like a Suikoden 2 graphics
Spoiler for suikoden 2 graphics:

sample One Piece RPG
Spoiler for BIG:

and

where is the world map?? I dont see any world map here

a world map is perfect for RPG, it gives a One Piece feeling since One Piece is adventure.
you visit different Islands and villages which is cool

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2012-10-29 at 13:12.
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 14:52   Link #45
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
where is the world map?? I dont see any world map here

a world map is perfect for RPG, it gives a One Piece feeling since One Piece is adventure.
you visit different Islands and villages which is cool

Uh.... there IS a world map. You can see it here (look at the bottom left-hand side of the scan).
Old 2012-10-30, 18:53   Link #46
marvelB

Moving on, this week's scan gives us Impel Down! And hey, Luffy's prison posse is even in his party! Too bad the scan doesn't show a Magellan boss fight, though....
Old 2012-11-14, 16:45   Link #47
marvelB

Time to bump for yet another scan! This one featuring Marineford Hancock, Ace and Whitebeard as part of Luffy's party this time! I'm still hoping they won't skip Skypiea, though.....
Old 2012-11-15, 00:45   Link #48
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

At this point... I think we're gonna miss Skypeia. Seeing as the scans seem to be going in order (East Blue, Alabasta, Water 7/CP9, Thriller Bark, etc), I think once again me miss out on Eneru.
Old 2012-11-20, 11:15   Link #49
marvelB

Some more scans are out now. First off, more Impel Down and Marineford (with the former showing off Magellan and Blackbeard as bosses).

And now for an interesting new reveal: two scans that reveal the Film Z version of Aokiji as a boss! Furthermore, the Straw-Hats have customizable outfits, and notice that some of them are actually based off Skypiea (Nami with the Shandian wings, Chopper with Eneru's drums), and DBF (Sanji with the ball on his head). This leads me to believe that either those arcs WILL make it to the game, or that they WON'T but the developers at least wanted to throw in some references to prove that those storylines haven't been forgotten. Either way, I think it's a nice touch.
Old 2012-11-21, 00:20   Link #50
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Hmmmm.... I doubt that Film Z would make it into this game as an arc.... maybe he's an hidden optional boss? If that's the case, I'd want the other movie villians in there.... like Shiki, or Mushul~
Old 2012-11-30, 20:12   Link #51
marvelB

And here's one more trailer to add:

Skypiea STILL isn't shown, so I guess it got skipped after all (I know that it's at least acknowledged with those bonus costumes and all, but it still would have been a nice addition....). Also, I find it kinda funny that the trailer has no qualms about showing us Ace's death.

Anyway, less than a month to go before the game's release.....
Old 2012-12-12, 20:28   Link #52
marvelB

Only a week to go until this game's release, and with that, here's another scan! It looks like this one mentions that you can unlock secret bonus dungeons with maps that are scattered about the main game. Naturally, that means that super-powered bosses inhabit said dungeons, as well. It also looks like Ace can be made into a permanent party member during the post-game quests, as well. Not bad, methinks! At least, I pretty much expected there to be post-game dungeons since that's pretty common in RPGs. Though I do if that means we'll be seeing more surprise hidden bosses (aside from Film Z Aokiji, I mean)....?
Old 2012-12-12, 21:50   Link #53
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Hmmm.... reminds me of the hidden boss battles in Unlimited Cruise, like Nightmare Luffy or Garp. Well, I'd asume we'd get such boss battles like Sengoku, Shiki, Garp, Doflamingo, maybe even Z.... who knows~
Old 2012-12-17, 00:23   Link #54
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Somethin tells me that there is about 0 Romance in this game. XD
Old 2012-12-17, 14:00   Link #55
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Somethin tells me that there is about 0 Romance in this game. XD
That's because it's not the kind of romance you'd expect.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 11:39   Link #56
marvelB

And so another secret boss was confirmed for this game: PANDAMAN!

Old 2012-12-21, 17:10   Link #57
marvelB

So I've been playing this for the past couple days now (which is why I haven't posted much around this time). The battle system's definitely fun. If I had to make a comparison to another RPG's system, it's sorta kinda like the Additions from Legend of Dragoon, maybe? Because the characters can chain together combos with appropriate timing (though you gotta watch out, since enemies CAN block/dodge your attacks). I actually haven't gotten too far (only gotten past Kuro so far), but I like what I've played so far.

But there is one particular issue I have though: This game pretty much demands that you grind like crazy, since for some reason the enemies don't give that much experience (at least where I'm at). It also doesn't help that if you fight as a party, the experience gets divided, so it's strongly recommended that you tackle the bonus dungeons (which are unlocked whenever a main story episode is cleared) with a solo character. That definitely helps speeds things up. I'll post more impressions when I've progressed a bit further.....
Old 2013-09-21, 19:59   Link #58
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well... as some of you know... One Piece: Romance Dawn was re-released on 3DS...

Now.... what you guys probably DON'T know is the game is scheduled for release in EU AND US.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/19...north-america/

Only thing is, we don't know if it'll be physical or digital.... or even if it'll be dubbed. Although.... the trailer does have the eShop and Funimation logo at the end there.... But, on the bright side.... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay another US One Piece gaaaaaaaame~
Old 2013-11-20, 04:06   Link #59
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

One Piece: Romance Dawn will be released in US February 11, 2015 in both retail and eShop.

Quote:
One Piece: Romance Dawn has a release date in North America. The Nintendo 3DS RPG will be available on February 11th, 2014.

Romance Dawn will be available both at retail and via the Nintendo eShop as a download. The retail edition will feature a special limited edition holographic foil packaging, and will be sold exclusively via GameStop stores, Club Namco and EB. Each unit of these retail packages will be individually numbered.

One Piece: Romance Dawn covers the saga up until the “New World” arc. You can read more about it using the game’s tag.
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/19...rica-february/
Old 2013-11-20, 16:58   Link #60
Vajra
So Like A Rose

^
Excellent news! Now I just need a 3DS so I can get this and ALTTP2
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psp, rpg