Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 17:53   Link #4801
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
A full company consisting only of tier 6 (most of us have tier 6, right?) needs ten players. And even if we only have 7 or 8 players on for a TC we can always open it up to recruit from the ranks of the pubbies.
Oh no... no, please... no... I am begging you not to do that.

But 10 players... hmm, five less than expected. Excellent. We can do that. Hell, we can use that to compensate for Clan Training. What better way to train than to take on pubbie companies?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:22   Link #4802
LeoXiao
思想工作

Keep in mind that the "pubbies" I am referring to are usually those who have just come out of a 10-loss streak in random matches and desperate for good teamwork. Often they are even willing to listen to orders.

Usually in a tier 6 company there will be something like 8 tier 6s (mediums and heavies), a couple t4 arties, and a t4 scout. Other variations are also possible of course but generally the more t6 you have the better. All t6 mediums/TDs/heavies can work too, who needs arty? Or you can sub one of the t6s for an arty and a t2 fast scout, I have done this before with a BT-2 and even gotten some kills.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 20:51   Link #4803
Gravitas Free Zone

I'll be on the test server soon.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 21:01   Link #4804
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Well bummer. My room mates are streaming movies (they're on their third one already), so I guess I won't get to take my new tank out for a spin until tomorrow.
Old 2013-04-05, 22:53   Link #4805
Gravitas Free Zone

I hate event weekends that feature scout tanks with high MM. Can't function normally.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I actually survived this game, along with one other scout. I also could have gotten the Raider ribbon, but was detected when I joined the wolfpack in chasing down their final SPG.
Old 2013-04-05, 23:53   Link #4806
Pen3

Tonight is one of them where i win less than 40% - -
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 23:59   Link #4807
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

They're still streaming movies. Going through a bit of withdrawal. At least I can catch up on some new anime releases tonight though.
Old 2013-04-06, 00:27   Link #4808
Gravitas Free Zone

It went mostly downhill after my Pz38nA and T-15 games. On the bright side, my Matilda games racked up decent damage while I was either trying to survive Tier 6 or trying to make up for my team's ability to lemming itself to death.
Old 2013-04-06, 00:38   Link #4809
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I thought I did a pretty good job here...

Spoiler for Very interesting...:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 00:54   Link #4810
LeoXiao
思想工作

I saw the characters for "Victory" and immediately thought "Why did Tak repost one of my screencaps?" Then I saw the katakana.

Aside from that, I really wonder if I should get all fired up about the Leopard or not. It snipes a little better than the E50M and is faster but it has almost zero armor and can't ram anything. Now I do like fast tanks but the Leopard isn't like scout-tank fast or nimble, or so I've heard. I don't think I'll be putting in that much effort to grind that line after I get the Indienpanzer.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 01:34   Link #4811
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I thought I did a pretty good job here...

Spoiler for Very interesting...:

- Tak
Nothing unusual. You should be that good by this time.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 06:01   Link #4812
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Caaaaan you say, Centurion mk.I? Still about a million credits before I can BUY the thing though, but still... Yeah.

Edit: LOOOL I managed to kill 2 out of 3 HAVOK-platooned Type 59s with my newly-minted Centurion mk1 and win the game! Yes yes!

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-04-06 at 06:39.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 11:05   Link #4813
Marina2

I just start playing my VK3601H for about 50 games. It's sure a strong tank.

By the way....

I have questions

1. Where is [IS] weak spot in the front/side that I can pen with my L70 gun?? (Google give no hope - some how it see "IS" as the verb, I only find website that lists IS-3 IS-4 etc..... but none of them list IS)

2. What should I do when other tank keep face hugging me? Especially, a tank that I can't pen its turret or low body TD.

3. [please look images] Can you give some tips for this kind situation? (2 tanks on other side of building are enemies) Are there other ways beside pop out - get shot - and return fire? Or just give up this position and go to some where else.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-06, 11:20   Link #4814
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Caaaaan you say, Centurion mk.I? Still about a million credits before I can BUY the thing though, but still... Yeah.

Edit: LOOOL I managed to kill 2 out of 3 HAVOK-platooned Type 59s with my newly-minted Centurion mk1 and win the game! Yes yes!
Wow? Really? Make sure not to mistake Havok and Hav0k (hav-zero-k)! Havok (master clan) and Hav0k (Havok Rising, subordinate clan)

@Marina2 - Take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuyy1Mgn9lU (around 1:52)
Old 2013-04-06, 12:33   Link #4815
Pen3

Thanks to will i got my Ace tanker. I did the circle of death dance around him.

Spoiler for Saber Mk3:

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-04-06 at 12:51.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 12:40   Link #4816
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Thanks to will i got my Ace tanker. I did the circle of death dance around him.
Yeah, although you kindly left out the fact that I rammed you and killed your two teammates .. and then your team kept tracking me when mine ran away! Seriously! My hull traverse + clutch breaking handles the circle quite well .. when I don't keep getting tracked.

Still, you didn't get the memo -- you were supposed to fall down and die! Grats on the Ace!
Old 2013-04-06, 13:03   Link #4817
Gravitas Free Zone

Thoughts on the IS: The armor is best used when angled, it's not terribly strong if you can shoot it straight on. Usual obvious locations like driver's viewport and the turret cupola.

The two-on-two intersection scenario: Ask someone to come at them from the other side. Otherwise it's a matter of alpha, armor, and who can peekaboo better.

I might as well use some of my test server credit to play with things that I normally wouldn't use. Like any of the semi-mobile buildings.
Old 2013-04-06, 18:45   Link #4818
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It's ironic how I hated the Comet when I first got it, but now I'm seriously considering keeping it as my main Tier VII medium tank. Gonna have to get a new crew for it though, as I transfered everyone to the Centurion... Speaking of the Cent, lovely piece of machinery. Slower than even the Comet, but because of the last engine, VERY nimble.

Going to have to get used to being a second-line sniper though, as man, the hull armor is extremely flimsy. As in tier 6 flimsy.
Old 2013-04-06, 20:58   Link #4819
Gravitas Free Zone

Somewhere out there is a JagdPanther with "Panther" on the front and "Ferdinand" on the side...
Old 2013-04-07, 03:49   Link #4820
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
It went mostly downhill after my Pz38nA and T-15 games. On the bright side, my Matilda games racked up decent damage while I was either trying to survive Tier 6 or trying to make up for my team's ability to lemming itself to death.
I get that too much it isn't even funny anymore.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks