AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-26, 06:02   Link #261
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

Why is no one subbing Gun-Dou Musashi?

I finally got around to watching this today after hearing so much about it. Needless to say, I thought it was hilarious. It really hit the right spot.

Which begs the question, why is no one subbing this epic anime? Ok, FDD put out the first episode, but it looks like they're struggling (looks like they need a translator?), and I'm led to believe the BEST subs were parody subs (I tried the torrents but I think they went caput).

Do people genuinely dislike it? Do they not want to work on it? I'm trying to understand the reasoning here. I definatly think the world needs more subs of this. I would say something like "let's combine our powers and sub it!" but I'm not sure what kind of reaction I'd get.

Answers, opinions, death threats... let's hear them!

EDIT: Moderators, my question was WHY, not WHO.

Last edited by Eeknay; 2006-07-26 at 07:22.
Old 2006-07-26, 19:11   Link #262
Miyu the Vampiress

can someone please sub the Tales of Symphonia OVA when its released?
if i can find torrents i'll link them here
Old 2006-07-31, 00:01   Link #263
Kay Hearts
Cute ahiru ^v^ *quack*

I wonder if anyone would be interested on fansubbing the movie "Arashi no Yoru ni" I´m really interested on seeing it, I am the kind who likes this dramatic family anime movies.

more info

http://arayoru.com/pc/
Old 2006-08-03, 11:19   Link #264
Super Ska Master

Death Note Anime/Movie Fansub?

I was just wondering if any fansub group was planning on subbing the Death Note Movie or the Anime that is going to be released this fall. It is my favorite and I was wondering how soon I will be able to watch it when it is released.
Old 2006-08-03, 12:46   Link #265
DryFire
Panda Herder

The DVD is not out yet, as for people planning to do it.... there's still a few months till it airs.

There's also a "Who will fansub this series thread." you should probably of asked there.

Though I intend to work on it if I can find the remaining people needed >.>
Old 2006-08-03, 12:48   Link #266
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Death Note, the TV series, doesn't air until 10/3, so you can't watch it before then. Many people and groups will still need to make decisions before then. Until that happens, probably they can't confirm for sure they'll sub them. They can only say "we're planning on it." As popular as the show is, I'm positive that there will be minimum of 2-3 groups working on them, some of them being some start--up groups formed just to sub this show.

And you'll be able to watch it when those groups are ready to release them, which you don't know until they're actually ready.
Old 2006-08-03, 13:26   Link #267
Super Ska Master

Obviously I can't watch it before it's out. How long does it usually take to sub something?
Old 2006-08-03, 14:25   Link #268
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master
Obviously I can't watch it before it's out. How long does it usually take to sub something?
Depends on how much work you put into it,
how good the people working on it are,
and also the dialogue and sign ammount...
Old 2006-08-03, 19:20   Link #269
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master
A 24 mins ep takes about 8-24 hrs depending on difficulty and amount of dialogue.
Of course, that's not be taken that the hours of work are continuous and by a single person.

There WILL BE huge huge gaps when the script changes hands, so expect to wait days, possibly weeks, for a single episode.
Old 2006-08-06, 02:56   Link #270
Ixal

If you have time please consider subbing this...

I hope I don't break any rules by posting this. I know that most groups don't like to be bothered by requests, thats why I'm posting this as a general request. I hope a group is nice enough to consider it.

The anime I'm talking about is Legendz: Yomigaeru Ryuuou Densetsu (Legendz: Tale of the Dragon Kings). The anime doesn't has a huge fanbase, but it has a small group of loyal fans who is desperatly searching for a translation.

Some information about the anime:

#Episodes: 50
Current Status: Finished
Year: 2004
Episode length: 24 Minutes

There has been a previous attempt to translate the anime by C-M in 2004. This group translated the first 6 episodes and then dropped it (no realease since 2004) for unknown reasons. Also GBAlpha did a a chinese sub of the first ~23 episodes. They also did an english sub of episode 7 and 8 but they were never intended for release and were leaked. They also dropped the project.

I know that this probably isn't the anime you would normally sub, but please look at some episodes of it and then decide.
Thank you for reading and hopefully considering this.

PS: There is quite a lot of adult art done by a certain artist on the web featuring Legendz characters. I can assure you that this art does not represent the anime in any way.
Old 2006-08-06, 03:23   Link #271
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
It's not against the rules, but it's so rude to ask this kind of thing...

People sub things because they want to, not because selfish leechers tell them to.
Old 2006-08-06, 03:27   Link #272
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

lol you want people to sub a 50 eps of a show that looks like that?
You sound just like that other zorori guy
Old 2006-08-06, 03:29   Link #273
Ensign Shiro Amada
Kopitar's Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks

People sub things because they want to, not because selfish leechers tell them to.
Geez, although he posted in the wrong place, at least he was gracious about it. There's no need to start judging or calling someone names simply because he's not a fansubber. It was a polite request and, god willing, it may get a few fansubbers interested in the series.
Old 2006-08-06, 03:34   Link #274
LytHka
Banned

Yes, I fully agree with Ensign Shiro Amada. We shouldn't be mean to leechers. It's plain wrong and inhuman.
Old 2006-08-06, 04:51   Link #275
Ixal

What a nice place...

Look, I am sorry about posting it in the wrong place (as the board title says "discussion with fansub groups" and not "discussion for ..." and there was a Top 10 wishlist thread in here I thought it was the correct place), but I do not order anyone to sub it. All I want is to bring this anime to your attention so you might decide for yourself if you want to sub it or not.

And if you are so against leechers, then you are invited to post on the Legendz fan board to assemble a group of people who sub it. There are enough people willing to help. The only thing we lack is someone who speaks japanese.
Old 2006-08-06, 04:58   Link #276
stfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks

Stop getting your panties in a bunch over nothing. Nobody's making you sub anything. For every "selfish leecher," there's an equally obnoxious whiny fansubber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Yes, I fully agree with Ensign Shiro Amada. We shouldn't be mean to leechers. It's plain wrong and inhuman.
I can't get enough of clowns like you who think they should be put on a pedestal for fansubbing. If you keep believing for long enough that becoming a fansubber makes you a better person, it'll come true one day. I promise.

PS: In case you're wondering, I was a former fansubber. Retired in '03 or '04.
Old 2006-08-06, 06:34   Link #277
LytHka
Banned

Don't be a meanie. I'm only doing a good thing. Fansubbers provide poor people with translated media material that they never would be able to get it otherwise. Giving me and everyone else a pedestal is the least they could do. Because you fansubbed in years '03 and '04, you deserve one too! Nobody gets left behind.
So, we shouldn't be mean to leechers as long as they give us all a pedestal.
Old 2006-08-07, 02:18   Link #278
wizard55

Has there been any word out there of any groups planning on subbing "King of Beetle Mushiking - Legend of the Forest People"???

http://www.andrewlb.com/fansub/pukiw...?Spring%202005 says a group called K-fans have released one episode but I'm not sure where to find it.
Old 2006-08-07, 16:37   Link #279
LytHka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard55
Has there been any word out there of any groups planning on subbing "King of Beetle Mushiking - Legend of the Forest People"???

http://www.andrewlb.com/fansub/pukiw...?Spring%202005 says a group called K-fans have released one episode but I'm not sure where to find it.
HAHAHAH. MUSHIKING!

Yes, Mushiking 01 was subbed by Kuraki-fans, a japanese PV (music video) karaoke fansubbing group. ZenZog subbed that show. \o/
"Legend of the forest people" seems like a second season to me. In any case, that show sucks mendoi's donkey cock. I'm not sure why Zen liked it. :X He hasn't been heard from in a while, our topic says nothing about subbing it and we don't have a translator that would be willing to translate anime (we translate songs, and karaoke them on PVs; we don't do anime most of the time).
Old 2006-08-08, 07:48   Link #280
brenji

Tezuka Osamu's Unico?

I was just wondering if anybody would like to fansub Tezuka Osamu's Unico. Many people are already quite familiar with this series/movie, since it used to rerun on the Disney channel a lot and it holds a warm and nostalgic place in many people's hearts.

Although, yes, the first two movies, The Fantastic Adventures of Unico and Unico in the Island of Magic, were licensed and released by RCA/Columbia Magic in the early 1980's, the third movie, Unico: Black Cloud and White Feather , was never licensed. Further more, concerning the first two movies, there isn't any information that I can find suggesting that RCA/Columbia Magic still owns the licensing, especially since it is such an old series.

One of the problems is that, from what I've been looking into, the Japanese version of the DVDs are becoming difficult to find (A couple of people on YouTube.com seem to have it though).

This is the only thing I can find in terms of the Japanese license of Unico:
"Originally, Sanrio held the copyright to the Unico manga and all Unico anime. However, the copyrights to all Unico property shifted to Tezuka Productions after Tezuka's death in 1989. Unlike Sanrio, which has amassed a global fortune through merchandising of characters like Hello Kitty, Tezuka Productions has no American distribution arm. Thus, for the foreseeable future at least, Unico fans in the United States will have to track down the now-extremely-rare VHS releases or import the movies from Japan." - Wikipedia

It'd actually be great if there was an official English DVD release (w/ Japanese subtitles), but alas . . . No idea who owns the license now and no idea if they will ever plan on releasing this series on DVD.

Some further information on the series:
http://members.aol.com/mlcavazos/island.html
http://en.tezuka.co.jp/anime/sakuhin/mv/mv013.html
http://www.animeondvd.com/specials/l.../ladycat27.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unico
Closed Thread