AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-15, 16:48   Link #1021
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Spoiler:

Speculation:
Spoiler:
And of course in Mandarin and Japanese Mahou Shoujou (magical girl) grown up term is Majou (magical women - witch)
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 16:50   Link #1022
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's funny how everyone is trying to figure out just how fucked up this is going to be.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if they purposely keep us in suspense, constantly hinting at something beneath what we're seeing, and then give us nothing at all.
It turns to be a typical good vs evil magical girl show. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 17:04   Link #1023
Silverwyrm

how many eps is this scheduled for?
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 17:05   Link #1024
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's funny how everyone is trying to figure out just how fucked up this is going to be.

I'm going to laugh my ass off if they purposely keep us in suspense, constantly hinting at something beneath what we're seeing, and then give us nothing at all.
That would be a HUGE letdown.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 17:50   Link #1025
chaos_animagic

So... have anyone noticed the "anti-pedobear Loli lifting skirt to reveal projectiles"?....

I laughed at that part.

Tho... the anime itself is confusing >_<... but the moeness is increasing...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 18:57   Link #1026
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

It would be very disappointing but I'd prob still enjoy it.
Old 2011-01-15, 19:13   Link #1027
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:

Considering who's writing it, there's roughly zero chance of that happening.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 19:18   Link #1028
Random Wanderer

Quote:

That would be an epic example of trolling the fanbase. I suspect we can mostly blame Urobuchi Gen for the fact that so many people expect this to turn dark, though. If his name hadn't been attatched to the project, would we have been so quick to theorize that things are going to go bad?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 20:11   Link #1029
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Spoiler for Ep 2:
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 20:16   Link #1030
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
That would be an epic example of trolling the fanbase. I suspect we can mostly blame Urobuchi Gen for the fact that so many people expect this to turn dark, though. If his name hadn't been attatched to the project, would we have been so quick to theorize that things are going to go bad?
I think it would be a very big troll cause if you disregard the fact that Urobushi has such a track record you still get left with a very odd-looking show that "feels" like something's off, it's not just the origins of the story but the story itself that has given plenty of reasons so far to speculate it'll turn dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Spoiler:

Speculation:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2011-01-15, 21:22   Link #1031
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
While the overall grim mood and surreal atmosphere is very much appreciated (Kajiura's soundtrack deserves a lot of credit here for setting the tone), i have a much bigger bone to pick with Shaft's WTF visuals this time - to put it plainly, i found the "witch" jarring, off-putting and completely tension-breaking. While i can accept the argument that Shinbo's WTF visuals add a sense of surreality to the 'other world' (even if i wouldn't particularly agree with their usage at all, but that's nothing new), they simply took it too far with the "witch". What we got was a result that looked like the bastard child of Shinbo's visuals and an attempt at budget saving - a cardboard wannabe tentacle monster with half the framerate it should have had. At that point the music was the only thing holding the scene together, because it was awfully hard not to facepalm. Bleh.

If this is how confrontations with "witches" are going to look, i can only hope they will be kept to a bare minimum.
I pretty much agree. So far this show has been near perfection except the goddamn visuals in the fight scenes. Really if it weren't for Yuji Kajura's soundtrack, I would've smacked someone for that scene.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 21:26   Link #1032
christinemarie
Crazy One

Spoiler for My grim speculation for this series.:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 22:47   Link #1033
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
The wishes are particularly interesting, I wonder how they tie into the contract. Like, if you don't keep up your end of the contract, do you lose the wish? If you wished to save someone, will they die if you can't keep up your end?
Doddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 23:47   Link #1034
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Uhh. Mami said that, yes, but she's clearly off the mark. If that was the case, the end of the episode wouldn't make any sense, for starters.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 23:49   Link #1035
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Time for some new speculation!
Homura isn't exactly evil, her motive is quite simple: *greed*. She wants the engergy from the grief seeds you get when you beat a witch all for herself. If there are more magical girls, there is more competition over the grief seeds, making it harder for her to get them because she has to compete with the other magical girls over them. That's why she wants to prevent other girls from becoming magical girls and tried to kill Kyuubee, simply because of her greed.
Illogical. Were that the case she would have kept the seed Mami gave her. Instead, she showed no interest in it at all.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 23:55   Link #1036
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Illogical. Were that the case she would have kept the seed Mami gave her. Instead, she showed no interest in it at all.
No, not illogical at all. Homura simply doesn't like sharing and was afraid that, had she used the remaining energy in the grief seed, she would've been obliged to Mami, and that the next time she getahered a grief seed from a witch, Mami would come and ask her to give her some of the nergy in exchange. She didn't want that.
Old 2011-01-15, 23:59   Link #1037
Clarste
Human

Why would she let her pride overcome that if her motive is greed? She didn't seem interested at all.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 00:00   Link #1038
seiftis
~defying fate

Ep.2
Spoiler:

Also, I'm getting curious about this character:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-16, 00:03   Link #1039
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
There's no way Homura is going to end up an antagonist,not when the ED cover has her mentoring Madoka (unless you think it's the staff trolling us) , not to mention Madoka actually wanting to help her out in her dream.
Old 2011-01-16, 01:03   Link #1040
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis View Post
Also, I'm getting curious about this character:
Spoiler:
I'm also interested on this girl. She's not introduced yet. Is she just an ordinary girl, classmate, schoolmate or another mahou shoujo.

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen