AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-13, 18:43   Link #1
EricMontreal22

The Snow Queen

Well the link provided in the "Series discussion" thread for this anime no longer exists. Has the anime been abandoned by fansubbers? It quickly became one of my favorites despite being timid to give it a try--I finally gave in cuz the great Osamu Dezaki (Ace o Nerae, Rose of Versailles, Oniisama E, BlackJack etc) was directing it and what really makes the show is the amazing, bittersweet feel and mood of the piece.

Any other fans?
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 19:31   Link #2
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMontreal22
Has the anime been abandoned by fansubbers?
Live-eviL Fansubs has recently had two translators go AWOL. This has led to the stalling of the following projects:

Gallery Fake
The Snow Queen
Detective Academy Q
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 00:34   Link #3
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
Indeed this is true. Would people please stop talking crap about how Live-eviL doesnt' care about Snow Queen. I've seen the posts on other fansubbers forums begging other groups to pick it up.

The person who was translating this show hasn't been on IRC in weeks.

I'm trying my best here to get more eps out. I've bought volumes 2 and 3 of the Japanese Region 2's and I've got eps 7 - 10 fully timed and I've tried to translate it myself but as a 1st year Japanese student I'm only able to understand about 1/3 of the lines in every ep. So like I've got 4 scripts which are partially translated waiting for someone to fill the gaps in.

So if you care enough about seeing this show subbed, rather than moan about us being slow and not caring about the Snow Queen and stalling it on purposes come and volunteer to translate :X

-gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staff
Snow Queen Typesetter and Encoder
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 02:19   Link #4
EricMontreal22

I'm *really REALLY* sorry if it came off that I was "talking crap" about Live-Evil not liking Snow Queen. I never intended to give that impression. I am VERY proud of the effort they've lavished on this show and I was just worried that it had been so long since a new episode, and wanted to try to generate more interest in such an underated show.

Sorry, if I came off wrongly

E
Old 2006-05-14, 14:19   Link #5
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
I doesn't seemed that way, Gumbaloom probably was irritated on how other people on other forums keep saying stuff like that.
I/We understand that it's even more difficult for that staff of the groups having people allways tlaking down on their works when they are working hard on it and spending good amount of $.

Talking on the show itself, You're not the only one Eric , I also enjoyed/am enjoying the show very much, it made me remind of the feeling I had 20 years ago or so when watching Hans Christian Anderson based anime and others alike which were pretty common at the time.

And I think that we need a revivalism of this genre of anime. It wouldn't purify the anime spectrum (impossible task), but it would help.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 23:21   Link #6
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

expect the fact that his name is Hans Christian Andersen ... not Anderson ... (have also been after LE for that one) you never translate surnames ... he's neither swede nor englishman for christs sake ... he's danish and the danish way of ending that kind of surnames is -sen
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 15:34   Link #7
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbaloom
Indeed this is true. Would people please stop talking crap about how Live-eviL doesnt' care about Snow Queen. I've seen the posts on other fansubbers forums begging other groups to pick it up.

The person who was translating this show hasn't been on IRC in weeks.

I'm trying my best here to get more eps out. I've bought volumes 2 and 3 of the Japanese Region 2's and I've got eps 7 - 10 fully timed and I've tried to translate it myself but as a 1st year Japanese student I'm only able to understand about 1/3 of the lines in every ep. So like I've got 4 scripts which are partially translated waiting for someone to fill the gaps in.

So if you care enough about seeing this show subbed, rather than moan about us being slow and not caring about the Snow Queen and stalling it on purposes come and volunteer to translate :X

-gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staff
Snow Queen Typesetter and Encoder
And there is no translator in L-E to give you a hand to fill the gaps ? They're too busy with subbing Tsubasa Chronicles or Nana that other and other teams are also doing ?
Well it's a good thing that a team took this show since without LE, I would not have known it (even if I really like Mr Dezaki's works in the 80's, I didn't know that he was working on Snow Queen), but to let it die like this is a bit sad...
And since it's not enough popular so other teams won't sub it (US teams begin to look like the french ones... too sad) and I don't think that we can expect for a licence...
Well, thank you for your work anyways...
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 16:57   Link #8
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Haha

If you could persuade Tofusensei (the Nana and Tsubasa translator) to sub Snow Queen with the same ferverence that he does those projects quite a few people would rejoice :P

-gumbaloom
Old 2006-05-15, 18:33   Link #9
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
i tend to agree with Blablabla (for example there's no need for a single show to have more than one or two sub groups, especially when other shows being left untranslated), and would also like to thank LE for picking Snow Queen.. ^^
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 00:44   Link #10
EricMontreal22

They didn't say Snow QUeen would die just that it was on hold was my feeling

I'm curious if it will go into the Spring Witch (the nice Witch) part that Gerta meets in the original story
Old 2006-05-17, 01:09   Link #11
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Yes Eps 8 and 9 are a 2 part story about the Flower Garden Witch.

-gumbaloom
Old 2006-05-17, 07:24   Link #12
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbaloom
Haha

If you could persuade Tofusensei (the Nana and Tsubasa translator) to sub Snow Queen with the same ferverence that he does those projects quite a few people would rejoice :P

-gumbaloom
There's a higher chance of the sky crashing down on my head
CelesAurivern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 04:19   Link #13
EricMontreal22

Ooh can't wait for eps 8 and 9 then
Old 2006-05-19, 14:05   Link #14
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen
expect the fact that his name is Hans Christian Andersen ... not Anderson ... (have also been after LE for that one) you never translate surnames ... he's neither swede nor englishman for christs sake ... he's danish and the danish way of ending that kind of surnames is -sen
Okay, that was a gap. Do you want a bike for a present now?
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-20, 14:38   Link #15
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

i just say it to everyone i meet around the net or anywhere where people shrew a name up by translating it ... i mean ... theres no point in, for an examle, having a girl in a anime named Aoi who in the sub is called 'Blue' eh? ... same point
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 17:46   Link #16
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
LE i've got a question.. why don't you pair up with another group to release Snow Queen faster..? ^^"
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 22:46   Link #17
Teppei
Lost in the Vortex

Well, gee, bet that never occurred to anyone at L-E.... (thx typical leecher thinking) Seriously, I'm sure any translation help is not going to be refused.
Teppei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 23:47   Link #18
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

OMG at long last we have a translated script for ep 7.

Ep 7 is now awaiting and will undergo further processing soon.

(has big stick ready)

-gumbaloom
Old 2006-07-18, 00:14   Link #19
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

You're such a bully gumba.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 06:47   Link #20
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

OMG At long frigging last Ep 7 is in QC.

\o/

-gumbaloom