AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-04, 09:57   Link #3681
Emulator

[QUOTE=AI Dreamer;3975169]I'm with emulator when he said Shou was a sidecharacter until now....
The question is:
Does a sidecharacter will ever be the"ONE"?
[/QUOTE
Shou is still a sidecharcter. Just because she is playing the role of the current girlfriend that will get dumped/or breaks up with him doesn´t change that.

And about your question. Nope, never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Huh, if Utsumi wasn't peeping at Shou then Yuki and he wouldn't have met like they did. Nor would they have gotten close like they did because she was helping him with Shou...
Doesn´t change anything i wrote.
Take Shou away and put a random faceless girl that he has a crush on and nothing would have changed.
If Yuki would not have been there for him and encouraged him, he would have never really talked with his former crusch in the first place. And we would not have this story.
Shou as a sidecharacter is replaceable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Oh, I don't know... Maybe because they're not fond of the lead girl and like the side character better? Because they're hoping that a mangaka may surprise us one day and break the norm? Hell, I'm waiting for the day a mangaka actually has a girl who shows up half way through win.
As long it would make sense, sure.
An ending girl with no real development is absurd and would only "satisfy" those sidecharacter shippers.
Quote:
It's like asking why people like a baseball team that always loses. People just like what they like.
You can like this sidecharcter/baseball team all you want but that was not my point. The point is that i just can´t understand why some people make themself hopes for something that just won´t happen. This is not the first manga where sidecharcter shippers do that.
Why not just accept it and enjoy the story and if you can´t accept that, why not stop reading instead of being butthurt and complain?
I mean nothing is forcing anyone to read it. If you hate it, just stop and do something constructive with your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
^Indeed.

I'm a big Shou supporter too and chapter 113 shows that the manga can go back to the Shou route as the manga had first started.
This series can go either route really but the best one for me would be a Shou ending for Utsumi and Yuki starting over with Tooru perhaps.
Facepalm, just facepalm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think its a bit obvious that Shou is going to self destruct from her insecurities and will cause ruin to the relationship
Her insecurities are justified after all. Utsumi loves Yuki and not Shou and is only dating her because he doesn´t want be alone because Yuki rejected him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, i liked this chapter and the time for the break up is fortunately getting closer.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 10:44   Link #3682
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I think I see a few ticking time bombs here. I wonder which will go off first. Will Seiji return to his first true love? Will Yuki propose a threesome? Will Shou go yandere? I think I'll stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think its a bit obvious that Shou is going to self destruct from her insecurities and will cause ruin to the relationship
Yes, I can see that being the most probably outcome. And it's not like she has no reason, who goes skiing along with their ex like that?
Old 2012-02-04, 11:07   Link #3683
solomon

Well I either Yuki is lying out of her teeth or she just made it "supposedly" much easier for Ucchi to stop waffling and get his act together.

I actually wasn't expecting the trip to turn out as it did, I thought Yuki was up to something.

Then again I will be surprised if you know who doesn't end up with you know who at the end just cause.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 11:21   Link #3684
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulator View Post
Shou is still a sidecharcter. Just because she is playing the role of the current girlfriend that will get dumped/or breaks up with him doesn´t change that.

And about your question. Nope, never.

Doesn´t change anything i wrote.
Take Shou away and put a random faceless girl that he has a crush on and nothing would have changed.
If Yuki would not have been there for him and encouraged him, he would have never really talked with his former crusch in the first place. And we would not have this story.
Shou as a sidecharacter is replaceable.

As long it would make sense, sure.
An ending girl with no real development is absurd and would only "satisfy" those sidecharacter shippers.

Facepalm, just facepalm.
Shou being a side-character and her having no development so far, everything is pure supposition on your part. You are only seeing what you want to.

Care to explain why such reaction on my post related to Tooru? You do not know his reason and the fact he hasn't dated a girl since the Yuki incident "pretty much" says he is still in love with her.
See what I did there? Didn't use a word like "clearly" or "obviously" because without knowing the complete story at this juncture that would be arrogant of me to use such words.
Unless you have a source for your above mentioned so called "facts", let's say good friends with the author and know the ending already stop trolling about the side-character shipping nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Well I either Yuki is lying out of her teeth or she just made it "supposedly" much easier for Ucchi to stop waffling and get his act together.
I didn't buy her part about just happening to find those tickets in the parking lot thrown away by someone. Seems too convenient, probably bought those herself and she wanted to be alone with him even though she doesn't want to be in a relationship. This is not just going to hurt Utsumi more in the process but could go on to destroy the little thing him and Shou were starting to develop seeing that last page.
Old 2012-02-04, 12:36   Link #3685
Johnny
Working the bags...

^I quit responding to him since he's like another certain poster in the KNIM thread that if you showed them a red ball they'd say it was blue...

As for the chapter I see another Honoka from Suzuka happening with Shou ending things first out of insecurity. Be kind of funny if that happens Tooru shows up soon after...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 17:57   Link #3686
AI Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think I see a few ticking time bombs here. I wonder which will go off first. Will Seiji return to his first true love? Will Yuki propose a threesome? Will Shou go yandere? I think I'll stay tuned.

Yes, I can see that being the most probably outcome. And it's not like she has no reason, who goes skiing along with their ex like that?
Agreed.

About Touru....
He can't be together with Kurokawa anymore, no matter what:
1) If he knowed about the "record" he betrayed her, no matter what.... and there are no excuses...
2) If he didn't know.... there was no reason not to tell her the truth: even if he had some problems meet her (because of the situation), for me... I would have chain myself to her gate untill I've meet her....
3) To let it simple... if he didn't know, and ther was a damn good reason not to tell her the truth (and I dubt it really bad), it's simply too late now... she can't trust him anymore after so much time thinking to be betrayed by him... surelly they'll meet each other and he will explain everything, so she'll go ahead (maybe saying "I understand, it wasn't your fault.... thank you for all you did for me"), maybe even they could restart a relationship, but it can't last...

Not to mantion he betrayed her "forcing" her "to do it" without to consider her's feeling&Timing...
Old 2012-02-05, 18:19   Link #3687
Emulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Shou being a side-character and her having no development so far, everything is pure supposition on your part. You are only seeing what you want to.

Care to explain why such reaction on my post related to Tooru? You do not know his reason and the fact he hasn't dated a girl since the Yuki incident "pretty much" says he is still in love with her.
See what I did there? Didn't use a word like "clearly" or "obviously" because without knowing the complete story at this juncture that would be arrogant of me to use such words.
Unless you have a source for your above mentioned so called "facts", let's say good friends with the author and know the ending already stop trolling about the side-character shipping nonsense.
God , believe what you want but it won´t change how it is.
And sorry but i don´t need to be good friends with the author or a genius or anything like that to know that a Shou ending or a YukixTooru will not happen. If that guy still loves her or not won´t change that the hero and heroine will be happy together in the end. I don´t get how that is so difficult to understand.

I said a couple of pages ago how it will be and i will say that again.
- Yuki loves Utsumi.
- Utsumi loves Yuki and is only dating Shou because he doesn´t like to be lonely.
- Shou and Utsumi will break up.
- Utsumi and Yuki will be together before or after her problem is fixed.
- Yuki and Utsumi end.

Remember what you and i said when the manga has ended nd see for yorself how right i was.

And sorry again but what i see is that some Shou fans, like many other sidecharcter shippers in different stories, are desperately clinging to their desperate hope, that´all.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 18:47   Link #3688
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'll only reply this once out of sheer boredom and waiting for the Super Bowl to start...

I don't think some of us are as naive as you think we are. We know that this will probably be a Utsumi and Yuki ending. What I disagreed with is your "Shou is a worthless character" rant and "the story wouldn't be any different if she wasn't around" delusion...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 20:57   Link #3689
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Yuki wearing ski goggles. She's hot
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 09:53   Link #3690
AI Dreamer

She is ALWAYS CUTE & HOT expecially on top of page 16 when she looks fondly at him
Old 2012-02-10, 08:15   Link #3691
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

114 spoiler(i make it in English, from the French-Italian spoiler credit for French spoiler saverne at RSF, and thanks ¬ApĐ•®™ for the Italian spoiler)
Spoiler:

Last edited by Merilyn Mensola; 2012-02-10 at 08:38.
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 20:50   Link #3692
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^Nothing like some good ol' sackrolling to get things moving along.
Old 2012-02-15, 09:31   Link #3693
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
nthn wrong with a sidecharacter as a final girl
Spoiler for Romance anime:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 09:56   Link #3694
Somnus
Eh?

^ Easily one of my favourite pairings.
Old 2012-02-15, 09:58   Link #3695
Chandalen

Shuffle anime is one of about 3 shows where the one I liked 'won'
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 11:20   Link #3696
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
nthn wrong with a sidecharacter as a final girl
Spoiler for Romance anime:
Well,

Spoiler for :

I don't think it works that easily with original manga stories. There is no preceding source where every scenario with every possible romantic interest has already been "simulated" for the readership. I think the only way for a manga's female side character to become the "winning" girl is to have enough development as to become a main character.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 19:03   Link #3697
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^blabla, eroge, anime adaption blabla, the only part that counts IMO is the part that got animated, or am i wrong? (or written in a manga)
And not necessarily, imma just go with the title i already mentioned, she never got to be a main girl, not even in the classical depicted development department (that alliterated quite nicely lULZ) .
Oh and if you want to talk games (or was it a VN? idc to check tbh) Fate Stay Night comes to mind (Heaven's Feel)
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 20:34   Link #3698
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
^blabla, eroge, anime adaption blabla, the only part that counts IMO is the part that got animated, or am i wrong? (or written in a manga)
And not necessarily, imma just go with the title i already mentioned, she never got to be a main girl, not even in the classical depicted development department (that alliterated quite nicely lULZ) .
Oh and if you want to talk games (or was it a VN? idc to check tbh) Fate Stay Night comes to mind (Heaven's Feel)
Sigh, FSN is pretty much the same - Decisions in the game (or VN if you will) lead to different story paths and thus different endings. My point, however, was actually to not compare original manga stories (like GE) with eroge/VN due to their differing dynamics and expectations of the readership/audience so I don't know why you bring FSN up.
My argument is that before the anime of Shuffle!/FSN (or whatever adaption went the same way) aired, many viewers were already familiar with all the characters and their endings so production doesn't need to fear to piss off too many people when they make their arbitrary choice. If a manga author pulls this one without development he/she can be sure to have a hard stand with his/her next work.

Does anyone know a manga original example where a definite side char girl wins? ...
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 22:29   Link #3699
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Does anyone know a manga original example where a definite side char girl wins? ...
Some say Ichigo 100%, if you count the first girl / fated girl rule.
Old 2012-02-16, 01:24   Link #3700
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Spoiler for Answer:

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi