AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-16, 10:38   Link #41
chibikappa

I have a few theories that go against most things I’ve read.
I do not think Ginji is the masked Ayakashi at all, listen when it speaks to Aoi in the beginning of ep 3. I hear Odanna in there. We also have never seen his Ayakashi form. In the opening song scenes when he goes outside onto the balcony to her, before he comes out the door his shadow looks as if it has long hair like the mystery Ayakashi. While little Aoi is scoffing the food there’s a black smoky thing which is consistent with him as well.
I believe he somehow came across her as a child, in the lyrics for his song at the end of episode 3 he even references her crying, her half closed eyes and how that abandonment situation closed off her heart essentially. His song implies it was him and I think that he’s loved her for a while. Ginji was likely sent to keep an eye on her for him or when he couldn’t. Possibly developing feelings for her over time.
That mystery Ayakashi showed up before Shiro even came to take her in so I wonder if Odanna was behind that too.

As for the flower - it’s also referenced in his song. It’s referred to as a wish flower ‘let that wish flower bloom strong and bright’. In the opening and usual ending songs she references to having a wish, and there is lots of mentioning her heart in all songs . I’m pretty sure it will bloom as her feelings for him bloom so to speak. Quite a bit of story told just in eye songs I’ve found!
As for me - I want to know what that green necklace is, when she gets it, why she gets it and who from for what reason. Only seen in the opening and closing so far.
chibikappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 16:00   Link #42
kuromitsu

Tube kittens!!! Oh my god. And they like human women so much? WHERE DO I SIGN UP TO A TRIP TO AYAKASHI WORLD?! Who do I need to cook for?! Tube kittens, I'm coming for you! ...ahem.

Also, that ending song... That feeling when you're kind of nodding along to a nice love song, but notice that the lyrics are a bit strange, and then slowly come to the realization that he's actually serenading his cats. Byakuya is my new favorite.

As for the story... well that was predictable. I liked Aoi getting the upper hand over Byakuya and then even Oodanna, too bad that they had to undercut it first with the thunder thing, then with Oodanna being completely right to be overprotective of her and to treat her like a child. Sigh, why do these romances always go this way. Oh well, at least Ginji was cute, and there was a decent quality shot of a pair of fluffy ears.

I was waiting for Ginji's past to finally come into the picture, especially now that he even mentioned it in this episode... I wonder if it happens now? Although I recently learned that this is a two cour show, so there's enough time to do a plotline about that... at least I think they will do a longer story about it, I don't think they'd get Terashima Takuma, Ishikawa Kaito and Hirakawa Daisuke for bit roles.

(...dear god, now I want a tube kittens x Bananya crossover. Who do I have to bribe to get that.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 19:59   Link #43
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Tube kittens!!! Oh my god. And they like human women so much? WHERE DO I SIGN UP TO A TRIP TO AYAKASHI WORLD?! Who do I need to cook for?! Tube kittens, I'm coming for you! ...ahem.

Also, that ending song... That feeling when you're kind of nodding along to a nice love song, but notice that the lyrics are a bit strange, and then slowly come to the realization that he's actually serenading his cats. Byakuya is my new favorite.

As for the story... well that was predictable. I liked Aoi getting the upper hand over Byakuya and then even Oodanna, too bad that they had to undercut it first with the thunder thing, then with Oodanna being completely right to be overprotective of her and to treat her like a child. Sigh, why do these romances always go this way. Oh well, at least Ginji was cute, and there was a decent quality shot of a pair of fluffy ears.

I was waiting for Ginji's past to finally come into the picture, especially now that he even mentioned it in this episode... I wonder if it happens now? Although I recently learned that this is a two cour show, so there's enough time to do a plotline about that... at least I think they will do a longer story about it, I don't think they'd get Terashima Takuma, Ishikawa Kaito and Hirakawa Daisuke for bit roles.

(...dear god, now I want a tube kittens x Bananya crossover. Who do I have to bribe to get that.)
Haha, so tube kittens are your weaknesses as well?

At first I thought the song was Ginji's character song but realized when the lyrics became weird that it was Byakuya's serenade to his kitties.

--------------------------------------------------
Gah, now we know where/from whom she got that glowing necklace!!! One mystery solved!

I love the reactions in this episode from Byakuya to Odanna. I can clearly see now that Aoi is totally Shio's bloodline - she's just like him in this episode.

Although a lot of things are strongly pointing at Ginji for being the mystery Ayakashi, I have a gut feeling that it's actually Odanna (and Ginji's just the red herring). The hints for Odanna are subtle but it's there. A recent one being during the Vermillion spring incident, where Odanna was probably going to say he was surprised that she'd follow him in the rain given that she's afraid of "thunder/lightning" but he stopped himself before revealing all that. And, of course, the phrase Odanna said in the latest episode is the same as that of the mystery Ayakashi. I also think that Ginji might have heard Aoi liking curry from someone else...like overheard it from Odanna or something.

Although Ginji said he was once from the Southern lands, but Odanna poached him from there, so that also means Odanna must have been in the Southern lands as well.

Ginji's reaction in this episode made me a bit wary though. I wonder if Ginji will have an antagonistic role later on. I don't quite trust him for some reason. First, he allowed himself to be poached by Odanna, so who's to say he's any more loyal to Odanna than to the previous Inn he worked for?

And, dang, that blonde kid is a problem...not surprised since she was a bit creepy to begin with.

So the Queen of the Ayakashi is actually a human girl? I'm not familiar with the different Japanese era but sounds like the girl has lived for a very long time (unless she's an old woman now). So does this mean that humans can live almost as long as Ayakashi in the hidden realm?

Oh, just realized that we haven't seen the 2 mystery guys from first episode. Wonder when they'll show up...to give Odanna a run for his money?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 20:22   Link #44
Mistyclear

^I just looked it up and the Showa Era went from 1920’s to the late 1980’s so if she was born during the late Showa Era she’s not all that old.

Last edited by Mistyclear; 2018-05-22 at 14:13. Reason: SP
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 10:40   Link #45
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
^I just look it up and the Showa Era went from 1920’s to the late 1980’s so if she was born during the late Showa Era she’s not all that old.
I see. Thanks for the info.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2018-05-22, 18:01   Link #46
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Haha, so tube kittens are your weaknesses as well?

At first I thought the song was Ginji's character song but realized when the lyrics became weird that it was Byakuya's serenade to his kitties.
Haha, they're absolutely my weakness. So adorable! Just, the idea of spirit kittens who live in bamboo and come out to play, and can even talk a little! I live for cute things like this.

Quote:
Ginji's reaction in this episode made me a bit wary though. I wonder if Ginji will have an antagonistic role later on. I don't quite trust him for some reason. First, he allowed himself to be poached by Odanna, so who's to say he's any more loyal to Odanna than to the previous Inn he worked for?
Ginji just has the looks of a character who nurses deep and plot-relevant angst, no? I think he's loyal to Oodanna, but I'd bet that his past is dark and angsty.

Quote:
Oh, just realized that we haven't seen the 2 mystery guys from first episode. Wonder when they'll show up...to give Odanna a run for his money?
I think they're Ginji's old colleagues (or bosses?) so if it's not this current story when they appear again then perhaps one in the next cour. In either case, I wouldn't be surprised if they were pulling the strings behind this kidnapping.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 18:04   Link #47
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Looks like we finally have a name to one of those antagonistic guys from 1st ep - Orio-ya. He seems to be a Hachiyo like Odanna since they crossed paths in that meeting place in Kouto. He looks to be a fox as well and Ginji gave quite a reaction when Odanna mentioned his name. Maybe there's a connection.

Aaaanndd....the biggest clue drop happened this episode regarding the mystery ayakashi. This confirms to me that the mystery ayakashi is none other than
Spoiler for in case no one wants to be spoiled by a prediction:
If you're wondering about what the big hint was...
Spoiler:

But this episode reveals a great deal about Odanna's character though. He's a very kind and just Ogre. Geez, Aoi, you lucky girl...just marry the perfect man/Ogre already! Don't think you'll find a better guy in the apparent realm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Ginji just has the looks of a character who nurses deep and plot-relevant angst, no? I think he's loyal to Oodanna, but I'd bet that his past is dark and angsty.
From the latest episode, sounds like you may be right about Ginji having a dark and angsty past. When he was talking about Aoi being trapped in a dark, cold place and going hungry...I don't think he was talking about her past but most likely his own. Makes me look forward to what his character song will be like!

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2018-05-28, 21:08   Link #48
Mistyclear

....So being kidnapped and nearly dying by those 3’s hands (not including the unknown people who orchestrated the kidnapping—Aoi doesn’t know about them) actually lost to her tastebuds...She really is unexpectedly selfish... and glutenous...
Hmmm really curious about the blonde zashiki warashi.
Good episode, nice work Odanna!
Old 2018-05-29, 01:00   Link #49
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyclear View Post
I just looked it up and the Showa Era went from 1920’s to the late 1980’s so if she was born during the late Showa Era she’s not all that old.
She's older than she looks. Last week, I thought they'd said she was from the early Showa Era. When you guys started saying late Showa, I assumed Crunchyroll had gotten the translation wrong. But no, she was talking about not being able to get food during the war, which means she's from early Showa. She's from Nagasaki, so presumably she went to the hidden realm before the atomic bomb hit.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-29, 09:00   Link #50
Mistyclear

I wasn’t sure about that (though the translation I had said late it though it sounded wrong) that’s why I said “If she’s from.”

Last edited by Mistyclear; 2018-05-30 at 09:16. Reason: Wording
Old 2018-05-29, 18:00   Link #51
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
She's older than she looks. Last week, I thought they'd said she was from the early Showa Era. When you guys started saying late Showa, I assumed Crunchyroll had gotten the translation wrong. But no, she was talking about not being able to get food during the war, which means she's from early Showa. She's from Nagasaki, so presumably she went to the hidden realm before the atomic bomb hit.
But I find it odd that she and the Ayakashi King have similar old-age features. It will make more sense if he looks younger than her, since Ayakashi live longer. But I guess the creators didn't want them to look too weird together.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2018-06-04, 23:11   Link #52
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
But I find it odd that she and the Ayakashi King have similar old-age features. It will make more sense if he looks younger than her, since Ayakashi live longer. But I guess the creators didn't want them to look too weird together.
She pointed out in today's episode that he's matching her physical age progression.
Old 2018-06-05, 01:06   Link #53
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
She pointed out in today's episode that he's matching her physical age progression.
But even so, humans certainly do live longer in the hidden realm. The "hot summer day" when she lost her home and parents in Nagasaki could only be August 9, 1945. It looked like she was in her early 20s back then, which means she'd be in her mid-90s now.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-05, 01:15   Link #54
Mistyclear

Good episode~ Akatsuki was so cute with his “I’m throwing away my pride to smile you know?” Made me laugh. I am completely expecting drama in the next episode.
Here comes the aids for the rival (yet to be seen if he’s a love rival), obviously their visit isn’t going to be a peaceful one—they’re probably goning to kidnap Aoi by the end of their visit.
Hmmm can’t really tell the difference between Ayakashi food and human food (though okay the fish was moving) in this episode and, aside from the desert, the food wasn’t all that fancy like they were painting Tenjin-ya’s food to be—it seemed pretty ordinary in my opinion.
Old 2018-06-05, 01:26   Link #55
RDNexus

Too bad that this series has such low production budget.
If it had animation at the level of, at least, Youkai Appartment, it might've been an better experience.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-05, 19:01   Link #56
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
But even so, humans certainly do live longer in the hidden realm. The "hot summer day" when she lost her home and parents in Nagasaki could only be August 9, 1945. It looked like she was in her early 20s back then, which means she'd be in her mid-90s now.
Yeah, she basically answered all my questions regarding that. But it is still sad that she'll die long before him.

Looks like Aoi is starting to become attached to Odanna...but then I'm becoming attached to Odanna, too. He's too cute.

Is it a coincidence that the rival inn just so happens to visit when Odanna leaves on a relatively long business trip to the apparent realm? (...and how did they know in the first place? Is there a mole in Tenjin-ya? )

...and their "email"...pfft...so I guess the Ayakashi invented the "tablet" first?

If something happens to Aoi this time...may be hard for Odanna to come back in time to save her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Too bad that this series has such low production budget.
If it had animation at the level of, at least, Youkai Appartment, it might've been an better experience.
The animation was especially bad in this latest episode. It's sad because the story is good with nice settings.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2018-06-25, 10:51   Link #57
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

So we finally get Ginji's character song. Haven't watched the latest episode yet, so don't know if it was in the ending but found this on YouTube.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2018-06-25, 14:37   Link #58
LKK

Quote:
So we finally get Ginji's character song. Haven't watched the latest episode yet, so don't know if it was in the ending but found this on YouTube.
Ginji's song is the ED for this episode, but the visuals are different. (Even allowing for the credits. )

I really want to know what Ginji's secret is. I admit I will be disappointed if the series ends before we learn it. Does anyone know how many episodes are planned? 1 cour or 2? (I already plan to pick up with the manga after the show ends. The manga gets a US release starting in January 2019.)

Edit: eck. Maybe if I reviewed the thread before asking, I wouldn't feel so silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2018-06-25 at 14:39. Reason: added eck.
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 13:00   Link #59
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I really want to know what Ginji's secret is.

Edit: eck. Maybe if I reviewed the thread before asking, I wouldn't feel so silly.
There seems to be a lot of secrets floating around. Ginji has his secrets and we're getting hints that Odanna does as well. Now I wonder what promise Odanna made with Hatori and Ginji?

I've also noticed recently that the mystery ayakashi seems to sound differently then when he/she first appeared (most clearly in the Eng dub). I think I know exactly what's going on with that individual's identity...and who's really behind it all.

The latest half new/recap episode was interesting though I wish they didn't include the recap. And for once Aoi's action in this episode really irritates me. It's the most foolish of her actions thus far. She got too overconfident with herself and was immediately reminded of her weakness. I feel bad for Odanna and Ginji who will be have more troubles on their hands because of her actions.

But I'm looking forward to the rest of the series...and they better not end it without a clear canon pairing. I really hate those.

I like the new ED (if that's the new ED, sometimes it turns out to be the new OP). Looking forward to hearing what the new OP (or ED) will be like.

Based on summaries of the light novel someone posted, looks like the anime is entering the 4th volume. Does anyone know how many volumes of the light novel is out so far? Or is it complete? Never mind, looks like vol 8 was released just this April...so it's not complete. Makes me worry about how the anime will end.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2018-07-02 at 13:15.
Old 2018-07-02, 13:13   Link #60
Mistyclear

Mostly a recap episode huh...
Agreed Aoi was foolish this episode, but ah well no one is perfect.
Hmm I knew I didn’t like that blonde zashiki warashi for a reason—also the red head Ranmaru...that was certainly not what I was anticipating for his character’s personality (hot-blooded), he’s like the dog version of Akatsuki.