Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-14, 17:39   Link #81
shrike
The Will of Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
What makes you think Tenchi would necessarily have kids already? But apparently, when asked about a fourth Tenchi OVA, Mashima has talked about depicting Tenchi's love life--not his grown-up kids.
The timeline said he had a son and a daughter in 2003. I'm going to assume there's some sort of official basis for that.

Not to say that I expect to see them ever, it'd just be a neat easter egg or something.

And since when is 8 years old 'grown up' anyhow?
shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 16:41   Link #82
Washu-chan!

im not sure about the daughter but tenchi definatly has a son in the faq site i provided erlier for the timelin (heres the site again if u missed it http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/ to get the timeline simply type in timeline in the seach box.) it has a picture of a boy that looks a lot like washu or ryoko (in my opinion) sitting next to maskaki

heres what it ses to the left of the picture

"Yes. The image at the right is from the doujinshi Omatsuri Zenjitsu no Yoru 21 Seiki-ban 1 (aka: 21st Century). The boy on the left is Tenchi's son, who remains unnamed though he does look a bit like Washu don't you think? Some think he looks a bit like Ryoko. His mother is unknown to us at this time.

The woman sitting next to him is Masaki, sister of the first Emperor of Jurai. She is still alive thanks to her Royal tree, and in this image, she is in her astral form. Tenchi's son fled Jurai (where Tenchi and the girls are living at the time), doing something similar to what Masaki did over 150,000-years before -- run away. He complains about his mother (NOT his sister as is widely thought among English-speaking Tenchi fans), and she complains about her oniichan (the first Emperor). The two have a lot in common and when the boy grows up, the two get married, after Tokimi gives Masaki a new body. Later at Washu's behest, the two travel the galaxy as archeologist exploring historical ruins (assumed to be those of the precursor civilization or even the ancients)."

im not sure but theres a picture on the same page of ryoko wearing tenchi's haori (the blue coat like thing he wears in ep 14) with her daughter girl sitting under her that looks a lot like tenchi here is what it ses to the right of the picture.

"Who is this Tenko I hear about?
In the series Tenchi Universe, it was the name given to Tenchi when he was dressed as a female to avoid detection.

However, in the TM!R universe, it is the name assigned to Ryoko's daughter. Seen at left, this is the Kajishima-sensei picture for the cover of the doujinshi Tenchi Sokuhou (click image to get larger version). Here's what we know about the story behind the image (thanks to Watotsu and others for this information which comes from Kamidake Onsen CD):

This is Ryoko several decades later.

In order for Tenchi to give the master key (Tenchi-ken) back to Yosho, the three gems were removed from the sword and returned to Ryoko.

The girl is Ryoko's daughter, and the one with her is not Ryo-ohki but rather her child.

The daughters of Ryoko and Ryo-ohki went out into the mountains in the winter to pick Aeka's favorite flowers for her birthday gift and went missing... This is a scene from that story.

Because the girl does contain some of Tenchi's features, fans dubbed the girl "Tenko", combining Tenchi's name with Ryoko's. "

here the jurai royal family tree for thoes that are interested http://homepage1.nifty.com/harinoue/...relation_e.jpg

again this is a very interesting website and is worth checking out.
http://www.astronerdboy.com/tenchi/
Washu-chan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 21:19   Link #83
achirist

Ah, I had heard about Tenko, Ryoko's daughter, but not about his son, and though I've visited astronerdboy's site/blog, I hadn't read that timeline recently. So, we may see Tenchi's two children when, hopefully, Kenshi reunites with the clan.
achirist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 01:19   Link #84
ThoHell

O_O... ep. 07 comes out in a few hours! I can't wait. Haven't seen Kenshi openly displayed his skills since ep. 01 and I hope he does some in 07. He's just so awesome, so to not other not be aware of him is frustrating. Well, that's why Kenshi is cool because he doesn't care and he finds his abilities normal... after where does he come from?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 10:23   Link #85
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
O_O... ep. 07 comes out in a few hours! I can't wait. Haven't seen Kenshi openly displayed his skills since ep. 01 and I hope he does some in 07. He's just so awesome, so to not other not be aware of him is frustrating. Well, that's why Kenshi is cool because he doesn't care and he finds his abilities normal... after where does he come from?
Raws are out now. Can't wait... And damn, the show is taking advantage of its OVA status.
The "Onee-chan" has young female followers, and she does more than eat lunch with them. I guess the semi-medieval RPG setting makes the extremely sexually free Isekai society stand out more.
Old 2009-09-18, 15:53   Link #86
ThoHell

AHHHHHHHHH! Dang it, dang that ending. But anyways, nice to know that things are really going to start picking up soon, really soon, and I can't wait. O_o... preview looks awesome, about bloody time though. The return of several ***** (blanks). Though we know Kenshi can't be competed with by any number of opponents head on in this world, it's nice to hear something close to our beliefs being verbally stated. AHHHHHHHHHHH... 1 dang long month to wait now!

Oh, for some reason I have come to dislike Chiaka, however, Aura was.... yeah! Kenshi just keeps on attracting girls left and right. He's too damn nice to everyone, friend and foe. Dang, watching ep. 7 cost me something valuable -- my cel phone. I accidental put it in the washer... Not paying attention can make you do some dumb things.

I hope at the end, that Kenshi's family (Tenchi and all come) and make one huge public appearance. Everyone in this primitive world (primitive to Tenchi's world that is) would be like O_O WTF? I think know who Kenchi's Nee-san Tachi are, but it would be nice to get a good solid confirmation.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-09-18 at 17:17.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 21:28   Link #87
Oberon

Loved ep7. The festival was pretty amusing, Kenshi's awesome as ever (pocket watch), things started happening, Aura service, awesome Mexiah service (how's that for extracurricular activities?) and am appetizing cliffhanger. The preview looked great. It really makes me anticipate the next episode.

ThoHell is certainly right about Kenshi's lady attraction abilities. He's a women magnet out of control. Now if only Chiaia saw Dagmyer for the asshole that he really is, I'd be completely satisfied.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 23:41   Link #88
slidingk1

Soon we will have some real action!!
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 15:56   Link #89
Drailog

I was too lazy to learn japanese while i was in japan for four years so alas i am waiting for the subs LOL
Drailog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 12:42   Link #90
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Hi all,
after watching the first four eps of this show, which were really funny, I thought about watching Tenchi but there a lot shows and ovas and I don't know where to start and what should I watch after what ... you know my problem ... so could someone help me to set those:

Tenchi In Tokyo
Tenchi Movies
Tenchi Muyo - Pretty Sammy
Tenchi Muyo GXP
Tenchi Muyo Ova
Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki 3 OVA
Tenchi Universe
Tenchi - Mihoshi special OVA

in an order to watch them
Thanks and hopefully this show will be subed till the end.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 16:24   Link #91
Washu-chan!

watch tenchi muyoi ova 1 2 and 3 then read the manga tenchi muyo and the all new tenchi muyo u can find themm at mangafox.com then watch tenchi muyo GxP

edit
and oh yeah if u can read japanese try to get the 3 books

Jurai -- This is the book with Ryoko on the cover. This primarily details Azusa's life. So we see his conflicts with Seto-sama, his battle with Kagato and Ryoko, Tsunami rescuing him and sending him to Earth, & how he met Funaho. We also see how Funaho was accepted into Juraian society & how Misaki and Funaho were chosen by their trees. There's even more information, but it is a fascinating tale..

Yousho -- (aka: "Yosho") This book has Aeka on the cover. As expected, this covers Yosho's life. We see his attraction to Misaki, his encounters with Seto-sama, his selection by a first-generation tree whom he names Funaho, his time at Galaxy Academy, his meeting with Airi and more. What was the most interesting to me was the detailed version of Ryoko's attack on Jurai. There's a lot of great information here.

Washu -- This book has Washu on the cover. Again as expected, this covers Washu's life from the time she was discovered 20,000 years ago. Many fans find her relationship with Naja to be the most fascinating since her death led to Washu cloning her. That clone would eventually become Kagato. Also, this is the book which reveals that Seto-sama was the sole survivor of the attack which killed Naja. Seto has no memories of anything prior to the attack.
Old 2009-09-27, 17:58   Link #92
achirist

Washu-chan describes the cannon tenchi titles, of which Isekai is a part of, and the latest chapter in (and the mihoshi special ova also sort of belongs in there.) Definitely watch them in that order, so you can better understand Isekai.

Another (spinoff) timeline would be the Tenchi Universe one, which starts with the tv series, and ends with the first and third movies (tenchi in love I and II)--it is a bit more episodic, the world inside is smaller, and the characters are less powerful/mystical, but it is still really great, and uses a lot of the same ideas as the first tenchi Ova. Tenchi in Tokyo (the second tenchi film is somewhat like tenchi in tokyo) and Pretty Sammy are much further spinoffs, detailing completely different character designs, both of them centering on a sort of monster-of-the-day format (ala sailor moon) which are much less worthy of your time IMO.

Last edited by achirist; 2009-09-27 at 18:17.
Old 2009-09-27, 23:12   Link #93
slidingk1

Tenchi is a black hole of which is no exit. It's well written to a point and catchy so any series that you pick up will be good fun. Don't expect too much depth out of them but just 30 minutes of good TV at a time.
Old 2009-09-28, 03:22   Link #94
Drailog

Tenchi in Tokyo, imo, is not worth watching. the storyline, though good, is lacking something to make it worth watching let alone the typical tenchi status that we all enjoy.
Drailog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 11:20   Link #95
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-chan! View Post
watch tenchi muyoi ova 1 2 and 3 then read the manga tenchi muyo and the all new tenchi muyo u can find themm at mangafox.com then watch tenchi muyo GxP

edit
and oh yeah if u can read japanese try to get the 3 books

Jurai -- This is the book with Ryoko on the cover. This primarily details Azusa's life. So we see his conflicts with Seto-sama, his battle with Kagato and Ryoko, Tsunami rescuing him and sending him to Earth, & how he met Funaho. We also see how Funaho was accepted into Juraian society & how Misaki and Funaho were chosen by their trees. There's even more information, but it is a fascinating tale..

Yousho -- (aka: "Yosho") This book has Aeka on the cover. As expected, this covers Yosho's life. We see his attraction to Misaki, his encounters with Seto-sama, his selection by a first-generation tree whom he names Funaho, his time at Galaxy Academy, his meeting with Airi and more. What was the most interesting to me was the detailed version of Ryoko's attack on Jurai. There's a lot of great information here.

Washu -- This book has Washu on the cover. Again as expected, this covers Washu's life from the time she was discovered 20,000 years ago. Many fans find her relationship with Naja to be the most fascinating since her death led to Washu cloning her. That clone would eventually become Kagato. Also, this is the book which reveals that Seto-sama was the sole survivor of the attack which killed Naja. Seto has no memories of anything prior to the attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
Washu-chan describes the cannon tenchi titles, of which Isekai is a part of, and the latest chapter in (and the mihoshi special ova also sort of belongs in there.) Definitely watch them in that order, so you can better understand Isekai.

Another (spinoff) timeline would be the Tenchi Universe one, which starts with the tv series, and ends with the first and third movies (tenchi in love I and II)--it is a bit more episodic, the world inside is smaller, and the characters are less powerful/mystical, but it is still really great, and uses a lot of the same ideas as the first tenchi Ova. Tenchi in Tokyo (the second tenchi film is somewhat like tenchi in tokyo) and Pretty Sammy are much further spinoffs, detailing completely different character designs, both of them centering on a sort of monster-of-the-day format (ala sailor moon) which are much less worthy of your time IMO.
The manga is canon? From what I've read and comparing it to the OVAs/GXP/Isekai... I don't think it is...

The anime came first(the ova)... the two manga series are not canon...
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 15:40   Link #96
achirist

I was talking about the anime ova's and the novels; I know nothing about the manga, I haven't read it, and didn't bring it up.

Last edited by achirist; 2009-09-29 at 14:36.
Old 2009-09-29, 15:36   Link #97
Washu-chan!

you should read it its great
order =
ova1
ova2
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/tenchi_muyo/

then ova 3 or http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_tenchi_muyo/ not 100% sure witch one comes first
Old 2009-10-01, 12:11   Link #98
slidingk1

Subs for episode 5 are out woooohhhoooo!!!! Now I can understand what they are saying.
Old 2009-10-15, 16:01   Link #99
cloudmantle

good

good to see this series an old favorite mine was the tenchi shows hope the fansubs continue
cloudmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 15:09   Link #100
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Finally, a decent sub for ep 1 was released.

From watching ep 1 again, I found out a few more things I missed;

1. It was made blindly obvious that Kenshi was sent to Isekai intentionally.

2. Wahanly was not actually employed by the queen until after the first assassination attempt. She had her mecha prepared for use in advance because she knows the attack was likely, and wanted to impress the queen. It worked.

3. It was also made blindly obvious that the masked woman is Mexiah. Further, she was planning everything to ensure Kenshi's survival. This includes giving a warning to the dark elves and to make sure Kenshi gets away from Dagmyer. The scene at the "Church" suggest they know what's happening, but since it is technically only a civil conflict they don't want to intervene. Mexiah appear to specifically being charged with taking care of Kenshi, who IS interesting to the Church .

4. Doll is not working for Dagmyer, but his father, which is why she can be smug and refuse to do what he says.

5. Dagmyer's father is very much aware of his son's shortcomings, specifically that he only wanted Kenshi killed because he was jealous of Kenshi's skills. It was simply a waste to abandon a talent like Kenshi, all the more proof why Dagmyer's dad look down on him for not being leader-material.

6. The Queen is only a figurehead right now, because the Prime-minister had been running the country for years already before she came of age. She believe there is a secret reason why he want her dead, as there is no benefit in just killing her. It would be the major conspiracy of this show, I am sure.