Notices

Old 2011-11-06, 18:36   Link #3281
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
just finished reading chapter 103
Spoiler:
Next chapter Utsumi will have his typical I'm emo for Yuki face, and Shou will see it and try to cheer him up I bet.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 19:15   Link #3282
Emulator

Is there even one person who really believes that Utsumi and Shou will last as a couple IF he starts a rebound relationship with her while he is still in love with Yuki? I hope not.
Emulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 20:37   Link #3283
typhonsentra

This is the worst translation I've seen in years, why bother scanning something like this? Half the panels are completely incomprehensible, they might as well of been left in Japanese.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 21:10   Link #3284
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
This is the worst translation I've seen in years, why bother scanning something like this? Half the panels are completely incomprehensible, they might as well of been left in Japanese.
Read the usual Imangascans scanlation lol
Old 2011-11-07, 00:26   Link #3285
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Of course he won't end up with her. ShoRom Rule #1: The Protagonist must always chase the most difficult, hard to deal with girl he can possibly find to prove his love is real... and that he's a masochist.

Not looking forward to it. Now that I've caught up on reading the scans (haven't read the series since chapter 95) I realize the big differences between Shou and Yuki.

Shou is a very open and honest girl, who despite having pain in her past, has learned from it, put it behind her and moved on. She realizes that it's part of what made her who she is now. She's also got a great, loving family.

Yuki on the other hand, is quite the opposite. She keeps everything inside, won't even open up to Utsumi anymore (she never once even told him she liked him), and instead of putting her past behind her and learning from it, she's allowing it to control her and drag her down. Yuki's family is very traditional and seems to be emotionally stunted.

Now, Yuki's betrayal is more severe that Shou's.... but she's also had more time (and a lot more support from Utsumi) to get over it, but in the end, she's still running away. Yuki's family life and her stoic father probably hasn't really helped her to deal with her emotions, either. It will be a defining moment of growth in her life when she finally decides to face her past instead of trying to forget about it completely.

Personally, I'm a Shou fan. I don't really like Yuki or the things she's done, but that's because I prefer the more open and honest girls who prefer to face the future like Shou. I'm just hoping Utsumi doesn't try to rush into a relationship with her while he still has lingering feelings for Yuki. All it will do is lead to her being a rebound girlfriend (again) and getting even more hurt. Plus, it's too much like a certain other manga's situation for my tastes (if he leaves her for Yuki anyway).
Heh heh, nice write up.

I probably was the only person still kinda into Ucchi x Yuki but now after reading both 103 and youre right up, I think I'm begging to convert.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 00:39   Link #3286
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I'm getting annoyed because I don't know what the the hell I want at this point.

I've been dead set for Utsumi and Yuki from the start, but with all the shit that's part of the 'plot' now I kinda want to say "Dude go with Shou and fuckin enjoy your life". Please.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 00:58   Link #3287
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I'm getting annoyed because I don't know what the the hell I want at this point.

I've been dead set for Utsumi and Yuki from the start, but with all the shit that's part of the 'plot' now I kinda want to say "Dude go with Shou and fuckin enjoy your life". Please.
I liked Yuki from the beginning too, and now I want Utsumi to go for Mei or Risa. Too bad that has virtually no chance of happening.
Old 2011-11-07, 03:14   Link #3288
asbo

Quote:
ahah you are totally right
asbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 04:24   Link #3289
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Next chapter Utsumi will have his typical I'm emo for Yuki face, and Shou will see it and try to cheer him up I bet.
I know that you're right...but i just want to dream

Quote:
I agree..was hard to read this chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

The same with me...i liked Yuki from the beginning..but this trauma really ruined her character...what she wants in her life?
Never have a boyfriend?
And i don't like the fact that she never tried to be open with her friend...for advice, for vent, for get help,to try to move forward...

Too much drama in this manga..is ok a drama in romance manga..but here seems to be only Drama,for a long time...
Old 2011-11-07, 04:40   Link #3290
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Spoiler for UHU summary of RAW 104:

I respect his edgy translation.
Old 2011-11-07, 05:22   Link #3291
asbo

Finally
asbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 05:30   Link #3292
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Spoiler for UHU summary of RAW 104:

I respect his edgy translation.

Warning, a picture inside..a beautiful picture from ch 104...
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-07, 06:08   Link #3293
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Warning, a picture inside..a beautiful picture from ch 104...
Spoiler:
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooott tttt !!!

Spoiler for 104:
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 06:31   Link #3294
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
picz or didn't happe... oh wait
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 06:32   Link #3295
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooott tttt !!!

Spoiler for 104:
Well I doubt that, but I hope it will be a Shou Ending still. Something similar to "Rumbling Hearts", where Utsumi takes Shou for granted for a bit to worry over Yuki problems, regarding moving on or Touru.

and we all know what happen in the ending of RH.

Little drama makes the world spin on its axis.
Old 2011-11-07, 06:49   Link #3296
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Quote:
Spoiler:
yeah finally a kiss from the true heroine!
Old 2011-11-07, 07:04   Link #3297
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

I'm crossing my finger to end this already damn it.
Advise for Utsumi:
Please go with Shou please. Forget Yuki, and don't use Shou as a rebound.
Old 2011-11-07, 07:10   Link #3298
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
That's his biggest progress made since puberty. If they give it such an ending, I will pick up the manga again. You don't owe Yuki anything, Utsumi and you're not obligated to make her happy. Let it go, she isn't worth your time, Shou is a more 'normal' girl and her character developed DUE to her past mistake. Go for it, she's a great girlfriend.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 08:36   Link #3299
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

A lot of wishful thinking going on around here... probably the same people that thought Asuka from KNIM had a chance

Now really, this kiss happens before Utsumi can get over Yuki so this situation mirrors exactly what happened with him, Shou and Kento in the past - Someone is forcibly trying to comfort him-/herself with someone that wants a serious relationship while at the same time not having resolved his/her past affection.

Shou shippers may hate this but point is if Yuki came and testified her love for Utsumi, don't you think he would turn around and be all over Yuki in an instant just like Shou chose Kento over Utsumi? It's the same situation and I think that's what SK wants to show here. Question remains whether SK is going to portrait the characters to have learned from this past experience or not.

If there were more chapters showing Utsumi x Shou development as well as more distance from Yuki then I'd admit that Shou might have a chance but this kiss (with a vulnerable Utsumi) happened way too fast to be considered a serious turning.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 08:40   Link #3300
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post

Hahahaha...i can't bealive..this time..my prediction was right....!!!

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi