AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-12, 18:08   Link #441
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cello View Post
Pretty common information, actually.....

Too bad Kotonoha got involved with Makoto though.
Well she did live a lonely life with her sister, and was being "bullied" by the girls at the school. So seeking comfort by the person who offered it "Makoto" was the only thing she went with despite being scared by being touched by a guy. But being involved with a sparky relationship such as Makoto and Sekai's would have eventually lead to what we just saw either way.
Old 2011-07-13, 23:36   Link #442
Boomproof
Imagination's Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Boomproof
My opinion is that he carved his own grave. Messing around with unstable woman always causes trouble. As for the 4 some... If he would be solo (hereby meaning that he DIRACTLY ENDED each and everyone of his unloyal relationships... *geez*, having 2 is already enough in my eyes to get the hell beaten outta him), I'd share the oppinion of "wow, you ripped one there, m8". But this not being the case and he making false hopes to 3 girls around him... That's messed up man. Don't fuck around with others if you don't wish to be screwed also!

Glad he died, and glad Sekai died too, that intrigue generating bitch.

Konohara wasn't directly a psycho. She was the bullied and hatred one, ALWAYS. She had no friends whatsoever, and the first one she had turned out to be a backstabber. I'd loose my mind also, if I'd ged as fucked around as she got.
Old 2011-10-20, 23:50   Link #443
Tager

Death does not seem like the most logical answer in their case, but emotions were on edge and Kotonoha gave a new meaning to the term "psycho b****" (even though it was Sekai who murdered him, but Kotonoha killed her and cut the head off of the once cheating bastard). It could have ended in a better manner, but in the end I believe many people would agree death would be acceptable with the events prior to the last episode.

This is how I see it at least.
Old 2011-11-05, 12:43   Link #444
Gmar

i just fricken watching the whole series omg it ful started off like all nice anime but fricken dat dude i didnt mind him with Sekai like it had good reason and stuff but as soon as he went for the other chick dat was it he got what he deserved like it was so climatic like i dont noe how else it would have ended but srz he went to far especially with two crazy bitches he made them into horrible people and he just went to far, and the end scence with Makoto with his bag in a body and his head on the boat i mean dats the most fucked up thing ive seen
Old 2011-12-03, 17:41   Link #445
Nimnutter

I can't believe I finished it...Why did my friend suggest this to me?!
At first I thought Makoto was a nice easy going guy, typical shoujo dude that has a crush on one girl, however my opinion of him drastically changed as he became "rowdy" with Sekai and many other girls... He didn't care about their feelings nor does he protect any of them. He only thought of Sex, sex and more sex. :/ I was truly happy when Sekai killed him, I wanted that scene to last a bit longer as payment for watching 10 episodes of him treating girls like toys. The bright side of this is that I now know about the nice boat haha.
Old 2012-01-02, 09:22   Link #446
Eragon
Still Alive

^ I totally agree with you.

I too started this series on my friends suggestion. By the end I was like WTF did he like in this messed up freak show. When Sekai killed him I was laughing at the freak show in front of me. And the final boat scene was like the funniest thing ever. And about the question, "Whether Makoto deserved to die?", my answer is that, he got too off easy for what he did.
Old 2012-01-02, 11:31   Link #447
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

By your reasoning, then he didn't deserve to die, as it was too easy. Is that what you meant?

Old 2012-01-02, 12:20   Link #448
Eragon
Still Alive

No. Sorry for the poor choice of words. I meant that he deserved something much harsher than death. Now that can be anything depending upon what you think of death. Being shunned by society and being reduced to beg for death is what I would have preferred for Makoto's end.
Old 2012-01-02, 14:44   Link #449
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Jeez you people act as if Makoto was an adult who got a girl, then played around with a bunch of others. In this case, maybe a harsh consequence is required. But wait, Makoto isn't an adult, he's a kid. Just a stupid teenager who had many many many cute girls literally throwing themselves at him and since he was a hormonally overcharged guy, he accepted them all. Why does this deserve death?

(remember, murders a capital offense, but adultry isn't)
Old 2012-01-02, 15:18   Link #450
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Incidentally, I don't think he deserved to die, either, as I've pointed out too many times to count, in this very thread...

Old 2012-01-03, 01:09   Link #451
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySyler View Post
Jeez you people act as if Makoto was an adult who got a girl, then played around with a bunch of others. In this case, maybe a harsh consequence is required. But wait, Makoto isn't an adult, he's a kid. Just a stupid teenager who had many many many cute girls literally throwing themselves at him and since he was a hormonally overcharged guy, he accepted them all. Why does this deserve death?

(remember, murders a capital offense, but adultry isn't)

What does it matter if he's an adult or a high school kid? He's old enough to understand what he's doing.
Old 2012-01-04, 04:36   Link #452
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
What does it matter if he's an adult or a high school kid? He's old enough to understand what he's doing.
While messing with so many girls was kind of asking for bad consequences to happen, he doesn't deserve to die no matter how old he is. Being violently killed slowly is much worse than messing with hearts, even to this extent. Ok, maybe not much worse, but still...

Anyway, to quote from the above;
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySyler View Post
(remember, murders a capital offense, but adultery isn't)

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
Old 2012-01-05, 00:25   Link #453
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Uhhhh...no. That's what growing up's about, learning either from parents/other experienced persons or screwing up to be able to understand right from wrong. As Makoto did not have the former, he went the latter route, and almost got there, but got violently murdered. How is that justified?
Old 2012-01-05, 03:04   Link #454
Eragon
Still Alive

So, you are justifying what he did as growing up? Maybe you didn't notice but after his supposed "realization" of his wrong doing after meeting Kotonoha in her pathetic state, he did what he should not have done in front of Sekai. He just repeated what he did to Kotonoha before. But this time he ended up paying the price for it. If he had realized his mistake then he shouldn't have repeated it. Which means that he's just a jerk who doesn't want to learn from his mistakes. He just wants to f*** any girl he can get his hands on.
Old 2012-01-05, 17:06   Link #455
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
So, you are justifying what he did as growing up? Maybe you didn't notice but after his supposed "realization" of his wrong doing after meeting Kotonoha in her pathetic state, he did what he should not have done in front of Sekai. He just repeated what he did to Kotonoha before. But this time he ended up paying the price for it. If he had realized his mistake then he shouldn't have repeated it. Which means that he's just a jerk who doesn't want to learn from his mistakes. He just wants to f*** any girl he can get his hands on.
Dude...remember it was Sekai who forced herself on him. He was trying to rebuild his relationship with Kotonoha in the end. Argue again when you have detail from the anime itself (and you still didn't argue how murder was justified)
Old 2012-01-05, 18:28   Link #456
Eragon
Still Alive

[QUOTE=RandySyler;3933589]Dude...remember it was Sekai who forced herself on him. He was trying to rebuild his relationship with Kotonoha in the end. Argue again when you have detail from the anime itself (and you still didn't argue how murder was justified)[/QUOTE

Okay, first of all I was refuting your claim that he would learn from his mistakes. Secondly, I believe he confessed that he loved Sekai and not Kotonoha (in the beginning) - and no, I am not defending Sekai. And how exactly was he trying to rebuild their relationship - by making out in front of Sekai, really?

I am not going to justify the murder, since I believe it was too soft on him. I may sound too extreme but that's just how I view people/characters who do things like that.
Old 2012-01-05, 19:27   Link #457
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
I am not going to justify the murder, since I believe it was too soft on him. I may sound too extreme but that's just how I view people/characters who do things like that.
Wow, ok you just took that to a whole new level. So you place Makoto to have a worse punishment than a serial killer would get? Jeez I thought that ending was twisted enough.
Old 2012-01-05, 19:46   Link #458
Eragon
Still Alive

Err....no. A serial killer would still get a death sentence. I would rather Makoto lived and suffered for what he's done.

Just curious, what do you think Makoto deserved?
Old 2012-01-05, 19:56   Link #459
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

A life of solitude without trust from anyone. For at least a few years. Befitting for his actions, correct?

And thank you for describing your position better.
Old 2012-01-08, 19:05   Link #460
Knightrunner

Reminiscing: I still remember laughing my rear off when Makato got stabbed to death in the censored version. He is such a detestable character. I thought he got off easy in this one especially compared to Sekai. Poor Sekai
Closed Thread