AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2005-12-31, 00:48   Link #1
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

[GW] Where WZ stores its buster rifle

On its back. I saw the EW manga today in Barnes and Noble. When Heero pulled a Kira (or Kira pulled a Heero) half-assed the fight with Wufei and got Wing Zero smacked by a PWNED shot, when the Zero went for a dunk, the rifle was actually on its BACK.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 00:54   Link #2
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Really? Most of the time it seems like he pulls it out of thin air (referring to Wing ZERO Custom ala Endless Waltz, not the normal Wing ZERO from the series).
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 00:58   Link #3
KKND_KING
Mech User

Are u refering to WZ-C or WZ if WZ he keeps in the shild
KKND_KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 01:02   Link #4
unseen

WZ-C in Endless Waltz did seem to pull out that rifle from thin air. Who knows where he keeps or if they really have any pratically explanation for that.
unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 10:02   Link #5
omegastar

I had the same question for quite some time, and I thought the EW version stored it on its wings. That, until I too saw the manga and realized it is attached on the upper back pointing down, ala Saviour.
omegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 13:20   Link #6
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

The TV series one I don't know where it comes from.......for the most part its supposed to always be holding it, or mounted on the shield....

But I'm pretty sure Endless Waltz version stores it on the back between the Seraphim wings theres actually a space.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 16:13   Link #7
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Hmm.. that's pretty interesting. Can someone post a picture? I checked my local bookstore but they didn't have the manga.

Looking at my MG WZC model, I sure as hell don't see any place to put the TBR.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-08, 17:35   Link #8
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Indeed, WZC hides its twin buster rifle on its back (Here and here) I've had the manga for years and never realized that! So, it's not a plot hole after all!
J_Ridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 00:57   Link #9
Demongod86

The FRENCH version...AAAAAAAAAAARGH.
Old 2006-01-09, 01:35   Link #10
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yep...in the manga and, I believe, the anime, Wing Gundam Zero Custom stores the buster rifle on its back (I think folded up).

The anime Wing Gundam Zero would...

A). Hook it to its shield
B). Throw it and leave it hanging in space (either having it knocked away or tossing it away). Only reason I could see why other suits wouldn't/couldn't use it while it floats there is reactor output or no one ever thought of someone stealing it and using it XD
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-09, 02:21   Link #11
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
The FRENCH version...AAAAAAAAAAARGH.
What's wrong with the French version? it's still the same manga, printed the same way as japanese ones.
J_Ridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 13:47   Link #12
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Awesome, thanks for posting the picture.

But that's not possible with the MG, because the rifle is too big. Even if you managed to shove it in there, the rear wings wouldn't be able to move at all.

Dunno about the PG version though.. PG version sucks anyway. >_>
Old 2006-01-14, 13:51   Link #13
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

It's possible it was able to fold up or something in EW...who knows..
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 13:54   Link #14
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
B). Throw it and leave it hanging in space (either having it knocked away or tossing it away). Only reason I could see why other suits wouldn't/couldn't use it while it floats there is reactor output or no one ever thought of someone stealing it and using it XD
Could be possible that it has a safety feature that only allows it to be used by the WZ....
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 14:41   Link #15
kitezero
Strike Freedom

Quote:
On its back. I saw the EW manga today in Barnes and Noble. When Heero pulled a Kira (or Kira pulled a Heero) half-assed the fight with Wufei and got Wing Zero smacked by a PWNED shot, when the Zero went for a dunk, the rifle was actually on its BACK.
do you mean that fight against Destiny in GSD where Kira stopped Destiny's anti-ship sword with his hands? i thought Kira threw both beam rifles in the air in the beginning i thoguht he put them on his back but the way it falls back into his hands showed it was in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Yep...in the manga and, I believe, the anime, Wing Gundam Zero Custom stores the buster rifle on its back (I think folded up)...
i always thought Wing Zero Custom kept it in his wings like under the thruster in it's wings because in the movie i never noticed it on his back.
kitezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 14:58   Link #16
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

I thought that the Wing Zero just kept it in one hand for every battle, and then dropped it a few times in select other conflicts. I don't recall that it ever needed to 'store' the rifle anywhere... until Endless Waltz (where they fixed the issue).
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 16:09   Link #17
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
Dunno about the PG version though.. PG version sucks anyway. >_>
Whats that supposed to mean?

I thought the PG version was supposed to pretty good >_>

And on another mystery note.....how did Sandrock keep getting its Schimtar's back after throwing them?
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 16:28   Link #18
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitezero
do you mean that fight against Destiny in GSD where Kira stopped Destiny's anti-ship sword with his hands? i thought Kira threw both beam rifles in the air in the beginning i thoguht he put them on his back but the way it falls back into his hands showed it was in the air.

i always thought Wing Zero Custom kept it in his wings like under the thruster in it's wings because in the movie i never noticed it on his back.
By Heero pulling a Kira, I meant that he half-assed the fight against wufei and got his gundam fucked up.
Old 2006-01-14, 16:41   Link #19
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Whats that supposed to mean?

I thought the PG version was supposed to pretty good >_>

And on another mystery note.....how did Sandrock keep getting its Schimtar's back after throwing them?
It's not a bad kit, but the MG is better in terms of value. The PG is top heavy, so you can't pose it unless you build a custom stand. And for some reason, the PG is missing some details the MG has. For example, the main wings open up on the MG, but the PG can't do that. If you've seen Evolve 7, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Maybe it's because the MG came out 4 years later? *shrug*
Old 2006-01-14, 17:12   Link #20
kitezero
Strike Freedom

Quote:
By Heero pulling a Kira, I meant that he half-assed the fight against wufei and got his gundam fucked up.
oh that's what you meant when Kira was fighting Shin and Freedom was destroyed but the difference in both battles that Wufei wasen't trying to kill him as much as Shin was trying to kill Kira. but i see what you mean.
kitezero is offline   Reply With Quote