AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 1 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 12.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 37.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-20, 22:44   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - , Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-11-21, 13:57   Link #2
Dr. Casey

Hell yeah, it's Hayate no Gotoku Day! I'm excited.

... even if I'm probably the only person here who is.
Old 2012-11-21, 14:27   Link #3
Midonin
Last Engage

Everything's starting to come together. The clock motifs, the trip to Las Vegas, Ruri's role in things... I knew Hayate would be the one to take the bad luck clock, but I didn't piece together that the Black Camellia was the clock that's been defining the show up to now. Too bad Sakuya and Isumi had to get shown up in their one brief moment of glory by Hina, but I don't mind having Ayumu getting a little more spotlight time. And there's even some comedy in the mix, with Ruri and the bird dude arguing about plane fare. That's just the kind of petty comedy that this series has been defined by for me, so I don't mind having it break the tension a bit. Though we're approaching the point where the show began, so it's a matter of, once we reach Nagi stranded in the desert, where it'll go from there. Good stuff. This balance of elements is much closer to what I like from the show.

Kinda missed Ruka and her monologues. Maybe next week.
Old 2012-11-21, 14:34   Link #4
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

No Ruka this time, huh? Her play was really good. I don't know why they didn't show her this time. Also, I wonder how they will work things up, since probably we'll get a filler ending... But I hope not. ;p
Old 2012-11-21, 17:44   Link #5
Snuffle
likes cute things

So the show is finally getting back to what I loved about Hayate no Gotoku. Most of the episode was dedicated towards the 3 core characters along with Ayumu, Hinagiku, and some Isumi on the side. I never cared for those other character which ate up so much of the screen time on earlier episodes... I really hope is stays this way, but that just may be too big of a wish to answer.

Hayate's bad luck + a curse = ?
? = back to poor life, resorting to kidnapping, and demanding a ransom.
Old 2012-11-21, 18:48   Link #6
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

It was an alright episode, nothing more. The first half was slow, and then it started to pick up in the second half.

But really, why does Isumi always look so pissed off in this series? She used to be the sweetest looking thing.
Old 2012-11-21, 21:27   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So after 2/3 of the season have passed we're finally in Las Vegas...

...This Las Vegas feels super bland and empty -_-; They got the landmarks I guess, and the attempt at English was admirable I suppose. Now this would be where JC Staff excels- recreating real world city on-screen Like when they did Hong Kong for Shana or Chioggia for Index.
Old 2012-11-21, 22:26   Link #8
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...This Las Vegas feels super bland and empty -_-;
LOL I totally forgot they were even in Las Vegas. It's so plain (for Las Vegas) that I just thought they were just in some fancy part of japan.
Old 2012-11-21, 22:28   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
LOL I totally forgot they were even in Las Vegas. It's so plain (for Las Vegas) that I just thought they were just in some fancy part of japan.
There are so little people as well... Now, I've never been to Las Vegas save for the first few seasons of CSI, but I would imagine it to be more populated whether day or night -_-

EDIT:

For those of you who still cares about it- There was a smallest of small reference to the Greece arc in this episode.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-21 at 23:32.
Old 2012-11-22, 01:23   Link #10
Sphire

Hmm, is it just me, or was the animation 90% better in this episode? From very jarring at the beginning of the series. now it seems good again. Or have I just become immune?

As for the story, flow seems nice. A lot of it is still lost on me though having not followed the manga. So small tidbits like Hina's blade fly over my head (though I did notice Hayate mentioning a 'Black Camellia' sword, to perhaps complement the 'White Cherry Blossom'? Maybe I'm just imagining things.

Too bad Sakuya didn't get more screen time. She remains one of my favs.

Overall, still bummed that a huge chunk of content is missing and I'll likely have to read the manga for it. But if the animation keeps up here, I'll actually be looking forward to these episodes rather than just randomly watch it.
Old 2012-11-22, 07:17   Link #11
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Overall, still bummed that a huge chunk of content is missing and I'll likely have to read the manga for it. But if the animation keeps up here, I'll actually be looking forward to these episodes rather than just randomly watch it.
For the most part, the plot for the anime is mostly anime-original, but you might want to refer to the manga regarding some things. As far as I know for example, Tsugumi is an anime-only character.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-11-22, 10:13   Link #12
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Tsugumi is an anime-only character.
Seriously? She's taking up too much damn screen time... I don't even find her interesting.
Old 2012-11-24, 15:09   Link #13
GlassesLady
dat apple

Finally caught up... So Ruka's from planet Kashira now? And there's like no fanservice anymore? Awesome.

I seriously like this season so far. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go listen to Koi no Wana about 12 more times.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
Old 2012-11-24, 15:50   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Seriously? She's taking up too much damn screen time... I don't even find her interesting.
Just one of the many questionable decisions made by the writers of this anime.
Old 2012-12-02, 01:52   Link #15
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Our poor face, debt ridden, butler volunteers to hold inside his pockets the infamous black camelia; the doomsday clock that curses with an endless streak of bad luck to whoever owns it.

Did they actually read the bad curse activation instructions? Because Hayate's misunderstanding with Hamster-chan triggering on Nagi an embarrassing action that was uncalled for?

But a poor fellow like Hayate picks bad vibes on how bleak his future with his selfish lady will turn out to be thanks to the pocket watch of doom.
Closed Thread