Notices

Old 2013-12-24, 22:31   Link #461
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I don't like the implication that this game will be split in half like Z2

That Z3: Hell Chapter is pretty telling
Even though it read as Jigoku, the Kanji is actually "Time Prison".

With the removals of a bunch of cast list, it's understandable that they are preparing for the 2nd part.
Old 2013-12-24, 22:43   Link #462
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Meh, no Code Geass: Akito of the Exiled or Gundam ZZ?

Look like that I'll have to contend myself with Gundam 00 Movie and EVOL. Oh, but do you think we could save Kaowru Nagisa and his EVA 13? Can't wait to see God Mode Shinji!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 22:56   Link #463
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Akito The Exiled only has one episode out and yes, not having ZZ here is beyond puzzling. It makes me wonder if they'll save it for the second half.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 23:47   Link #464
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

They have Gundam Unicorn and voiced FMP O_O. Definite buy for me
Old 2013-12-24, 23:56   Link #465
Meltyred

So is Z gundam crew the one from the previous games.. or we going through their plot again.
Cause if it's the same crew, would explain why there's no ZZ (it went the movie plot).

Well having Nu gundam with Unicorn gundam would be totally awesome.
But for gawds sake banpresto, let Quattro use Sazabi oh gawd.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 05:46   Link #466
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Now I've watched the PV, on the contrary of Big O, Arbalest sprite was really dissapointing And since Tuatha de Danaan is also there, somehow I think there will be many water stage here.......... along with Pisces Sphere holder unit

EVOL looks great. For once, I like Yuki Kaji voice. His great when shouting "Mugen Punch" there. Can't wait for the "OSORE!!" BGM And seems like Dai Guard is equipping its Knot Punisher permanently, that's neat.

We also lost Muteki Combination for Trider since Daitarn and Zambot is out of the picture and no more Dankuu Sougaken either, but hopefully with Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, and Gunbuster we'll get Final Gainax Special...... Yea rite, like that could happen. Double Inazuma Kick with Gunbuster and Gurren Lagann has higher chance compared to that. And I still want Sheryl and Ranka summon attack for Basara's Fire Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Apparently some theories are out there that Z3 part 1 will conclude the FMP 2nd raid storyline, while Z3 pt2 will feature LN and Sigma FMP plot.
If this true then this is now my favorite SRW.
I hope this does come true. Even though so far SRW hasn't adapted a LN, but they did include several manga titles like Crossbone Gundam, SEED Astray, and the newest one is manga version of Linebarrel on UX. Heck, they even include Fei-Yen HD that based on an Katoki Hajime artwork and action figure, so the chance for FMP Sigma plot for the second part of Z3 is quite big. After all, there is hardly any important characters post-The Second Raid that needs seiyuu (as unfortunate as it is, Nami doesn't need a seiyuu since she won't engaging in battle anyway), even the last boss on FMP already make appearance on TSR

I just need to see Laevatein moves. It's not like Shoji Gatoh is against SRW like several authors, isn't it? In fact I remember reading that Gatoh already imagined if Laevatein appears in SRW on one of live streaming. Or maybe from afterwords on the LN, already forget the detail >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
So is Z gundam crew the one from the previous games.. or we going through their plot again.
Cause if it's the same crew, would explain why there's no ZZ (it went the movie plot).
This is my question too. Is the world on Z3 will be ZEUTH (Z1) world or ZEXIS (Z2) world. Since some characters are from ZEXIS while others are/were originally like Roger Smith, Kei Katsuragi, Amuro, Camille, Shin Asuka, etc are from ZEUTH world(s).

There's possibility that Z3 world is a whole new alternative world, so the Amuro, Camille, Shin we get on Z3 here are different from those we know from Z1 (and Z2). I mean they already did that to some characters like Getter Robo, Eureka 7, and Mazinger back then on Z2.
Old 2013-12-25, 05:56   Link #467
Key Board
Carbon

SRW was the first to animate Shin Getter, Mazinkaiser and the 2nd to animate Crossbone Gundam, back when there were no anime for it yet
I can see them doing the same for FMP Novels. It needs more effort, though. Since there is no visual storyboard to work from

and I believe FMP writer likes SRW
It's Sakura Taisen's leading man that has a problem with SRW

Oh, and I'll just say that Seed Destiny without Fafner is now weird to me. Shin had very good chemistry with the Fafner team in UX
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 07:21   Link #468
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

From the latest Famitsu:
Quote:
Next PV Feburary 18

Few things from the interview with Takanobu Terada
>Wanted to add more shows but they are playing it safe due to various reasons. The staff was happy on working with Gunbuster again. One of the teams working on the animations couldn't wait to draw Noriko.
>New sphere holders originals will be like nothing before seen.
>They made the game available on Vita and PS3 to widen their audiences, they are thankful for the cross compatible systems with Vita and Ps3 since it gives them room to work with a lot of things
>The future of SRW, Z3 is two parts and the final part will be very ambitious and its aim to be bigger than OE
>Patlabor was planned to be released in z3 first, but we decided to release it on OE
>Full Metal Panic's Shoji Gatoh was more than thrilled to hear about the addition of the show on a console
>People have asked about next gen console SRW but there are no plans at the moment for a SRW, right now we want to focus only on the current generation.
>We have been working on Z3 since the beginning of 2012, after the release of Z2 and 2nd OGS we used our resources to speed up SRWZ3 completion. Currently at 80%
>Expect many surprises and more secrets than in previous SRW
>DLC is still being talked about but if added it won't affect the gameplay.
If "Bigger than OE" means for its cast list, then hell yes for returning ZEUTH and ZEXIS And looking forward to the new Sphere holder, hope next edition's Famitsu will reveal the main character

Quote:
SRW was the first to animate Shin Getter, Mazinkaiser and the 2nd to animate Crossbone Gundam, back when there were no anime for it yet
I can see them doing the same for FMP Novels. It needs more effort, though. Since there is no visual storyboard to work from

and I believe FMP writer likes SRW
It's Sakura Taisen's leading man that has a problem with SRW

Oh, and I'll just say that Seed Destiny without Fafner is now weird to me. Shin had very good chemistry with the Fafner team in UX
There's already FMP Sigma manga that covers important plots post-The Second Raid to the last novel (Zutto Stand By Me) to be used as visual storyboard

And I belive for Sakura Taisen author it's because Sakura Taisen in the first place wasn't really a mecha anime, the mecha is like an added/bonus element of it so the author doesn't want it to be included on SRW. Or something like that
Old 2013-12-25, 12:49   Link #469
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
>Wanted to add more shows but they are playing it safe due to various reasons.
I actually am curious as to what these reasons are. The PS3 is an extremely powerful console so it could hold quite a substantial amount of content (maybe it is the Vita they are concerned about?). Why not allow stuff like Orguss 02 or ZZ Gundam? I mean they replaced Genesis with EVOL so it does not seem like the former is impossible and with the latter you don't need much more than "while you were gone we made a new gundam and Judau helped us fight Neo Zeon". I'd question why Eureka 7 was not replaced by AO or came back, but I'll give Banpresto the benefit of the doubt and assume it'll be second half material. Why was Dancouga cut? It was one of the three anime from Z2 without plot wrap up (the other two being God Mars and TTGL, Tetsujin had too little of a plot so I'm iffy on counting it) and plot wise they could have done Blazing Epilogue. Finally, out of all the non-Gundam series from Z1 that weren't cut, why was Big O left in? Orguss makes sense from a plot perspective at least. Plus if they are going for a super apocalyptic route you'd think they'd keep Baldios because it did have an actual apocalyptic ending, they could have even added Swanee and Gamjado as support units. I have to wonder why Trider only gets plot in GC, does Banpresto have a hate-on for its plot or enemies or something? Finally, why have Dynamite 7 if whale poachers are not even going to show up? It is not like it has much plot.

With all that said, what am I looking forward to? I am somewhat hoping God Mars's negative esper arc will be covered this time, I mean it seems like it is getting plot if the God Mars being used on Daedalus is any indication. For Shin Mazinger Z they did add Garadoubla MK01 so it is safe to assume that Banpresto is probably trying to give another shot at covering stuff they missed. For VOTOMS it is nice they are covering OVAs, but why could not not have fit Big Battle into Z2? I mean aside from Danger Melon and the Land Battleship showing up and using the Light Scopedog at some point there is not too much plot to cover it, but at least we're getting it which is good. With TTGL having SGGL, it seems like Diebuster has a real chance of appearing in part 2, it would be nice if Arc Gurren Lagann would be an actual unit. Finally, Tetsujin 28 does seem to get more plot, which I suppose is something.

Predictions for Z3.2: Diebuster, TTGL finale, Rebuild 3.0, VOTOMS Phantom Arc/Alone Again, ZZ Gundam, Unicorn eps 5-7 (I'll assume they'll stop at the battle of Torrington this game), Eureka Seven Astral Ocean

I'd really like to see the spinoff VOTOMS OVAs (Merowlink, Cae;Irivne, and Finder) next game, it isn't like it'd be impossible either. So yeah, I see this game giving series that haven't had certain aspects proper tribute their due, looking forward.
Old 2013-12-25, 17:24   Link #470
Key Board
Carbon

i think SRW stopped caring about ZZ Gundam
give it 3 years, and it will start caring again, I'll say

and then 2 years after that G Gundam will return
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-12-25, 19:18   Link #471
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Wasn't Double Zeta in OE though?
Old 2013-12-25, 19:46   Link #472
Key Board
Carbon

OE isn't really a true SRW game IMO
Old 2013-12-25, 20:26   Link #473
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Pretty sure one of the twitter mentions that they will use FMP novel material. I can't remember the twitter, sorry.

One day, I wish they would use Demonbane novel instead.
Old 2013-12-25, 21:09   Link #474
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Pretty sure one of the twitter mentions that they will use FMP novel material. I can't remember the twitter, sorry.
Yeah I read on other place that Gatoh confirms Z3 will cover all original FMP story (post-TSR plot will probably for Z3.2) on Twitter, but I just checked his Twitter but I don't see the said tweet.

His account is this one, right?
https://twitter.com/gatosyoji