AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the ultimate shinobi?
The 1st 24 5.99%
The 2nd 3 0.75%
Sarutobi 117 29.18%
The 4th 119 29.68%
Jiraiya 27 6.73%
Orochimaru 10 2.49%
Tsunde 4 1.00%
Itachi 73 18.20%
Other...[Please State Who] 24 5.99%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-08-20, 17:15   Link #181
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
Sarutobi said more or less that Oro was too evil to become hokage

Well yeah, cutting open your own people for experimenting is not a trait of a good leader
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 17:16   Link #182
lotus_lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja massacre
actually yondaime was trained by Jiraiya, not sandaime
Lol, oh yea, what the hell did I type that for! I can't believe I did that.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 18:32   Link #183
Whisky

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Itachi is just 16 now and even stronger than the Sannins. Just imagine Itachi in a few more years... o,o
And i would say Sarutobi was during his prime as strong as Orochimaru now is.
And Yondaime... well, we do not know anything much about him, but they said, that Sarutuobi was called the strongest of the four Hokages...
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 18:36   Link #184
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Itachi is just 16 now and even stronger than the Sannins. Just imagine Itachi in a few more years... o,o
And i would say Sarutobi was during his prime as strong as Orochimaru now is.
And Yondaime... well, we do not know anything much about him, but they said, that Sarutuobi was called the strongest of the four Hokages...

Correcting now...........

1. Sarutobi in his prime is alot stronger than Orochimaru, evident by the fact he handled Orochimaru so well at his old age + fighting 2 former Hokages

2. As it stands right now, Itachi is not stronger than the Sannin, but most likely on the same level. While it's true he'll get stronger as he gets older, it won't be as dramatic as it is now, after a while he will reach a platu (sp?)

3. They never actually compared the Hokages directly, IMHO Yondaime was probably the strongest, yes they say in Sarutobi's prime he was the strongest, but then again, when Sarutobi was in his Prime. Yondaime was nothing more than a kid. So it would be hard to compare Yondaime the kid to Sarutobi in his prime. On the other hand they say Yondaime is this amazing genius godlike Ninja with all these different jutsu etc etc. So who knows, I'm pretty sure Yondaime was no slouch, considering he was the youngest Hokage, it does give a nod to say he was pretty strong.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 18:50   Link #185
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Correcting now...........

1. Sarutobi in his prime is alot stronger than Orochimaru, evident by the fact he handled Orochimaru so well at his old age + fighting 2 former Hokages

2. As it stands right now, Itachi is not stronger than the Sannin, but most likely on the same level. While it's true he'll get stronger as he gets older, it won't be as dramatic as it is now, after a while he will reach a platu (sp?)

3. They never actually compared the Hokages directly, IMHO Yondaime was probably the strongest, yes they say in Sarutobi's prime he was the strongest, but then again, when Sarutobi was in his Prime. Yondaime was nothing more than a kid. So it would be hard to compare Yondaime the kid to Sarutobi in his prime. On the other hand they say Yondaime is this amazing genius godlike Ninja with all these different jutsu etc etc. So who knows, I'm pretty sure Yondaime was no slouch, considering he was the youngest Hokage, it does give a nod to say he was pretty strong.

The same thing you said about the Fourth can be said about Itachi, even more, Itachi is seventeen and he is already in the same league or a little above them. Yondaime became Hokage at age 24 or something like that.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 18:57   Link #186
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

This is in my opinion silly.
What does Hokage mean?
The Strongest man in the village.
Sandame was alive while Yondaime was elected, thus he surpassed him and Sarubobi wasn't old then. if Yondaime would have taken over after Sandaime died, this discussion would be difficult, but he became Hokage while Sandaime was alive, so he had to have surpassed him.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 19:24   Link #187
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagenaruto3
What does Hokage mean?
Sandame was alive while Yondaime was elected, thus he surpassed him and Sarubobi wasn't old then. if Yondaime would have taken over after Sandaime died, this discussion would be difficult, but he became Hokage while Sandaime was alive, so he had to have surpassed him.

They can retire early you know? Look how young the First and Second Hokage when they retired, not to mention that Orochimaru was the First Candidate to take over the Hokage mantle, but wasn't because of his evil way, thus the Fourth was chosen. The Third was already old, 65 years of age or something like that, so he is bound to retire at that age, and give the tittle to his successor. The Third lasted so long as Hokage because there weren't any Sannin around to name one his successor before he died.

Last edited by Last of the Uchiha; 2004-08-20 at 19:56.
Old 2004-08-20, 19:39   Link #188
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagenaruto3
What does Hokage mean?
Then again im pretty sure the 1st and 2nd were retired hokages at the same time as well. There is a scene with both of them talking to the 3rd about being hokage, neither of them looked aged, or older than the other.

So i dont think it really means anything, except that the 3rd was getting old, and picked his predecessor. It also doesnt help that we know very little about 4th, or how strong he was. Just because he developed a technique that can seal souls doesnt mean hes strong.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 19:56   Link #189
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
The same thing you said about the Fourth can be said about Itachi, even more, Itachi is seventeen and he is already in the same league or a little above them. Yondaime became Hokage at age 24 or something like that.
When did I ever say anything opposite about Itachi?
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 20:12   Link #190
UserName

This question was already answered in Naruto...

The strongest counting them at their prime was Sarutobi. As said by Oro and everyone else in the series.

So I would say the 3rd Hokage was the strongest when he was in his prime.

Also note that the 4th was referred as the 'greatest'. I would think because he saved the village from a rampaging demon. He was never stated as the 'strongest' if I recall correctly. Though I would put him right under Sarutobi in the strongest thing. Seeing as how he seems stronger than the sannins and the sannin he shares fighting sytles with(assuming he does but he probably does) is equal with Itachi
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 22:14   Link #191
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
i'd hafta say kakashi, c'mon...he has the sharingan, he's a jounin, has copied over 1000 moves...he has chidori. U cood say he's a genius ninja like sasuke...
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 01:00   Link #192
gibits
Endless

I'd say the 3rd from what I've seen and heard in the forums, but the series seems to hint that the 4th was the uber ninja. He certainly was above Oro since Oro didn't attack the leafs until he was out of the picture (and the 3rd became an old geezer). He had invented a few high powered jutsu's.

A few examples...
When the 3rd realized that Oro was summoning the hokages of old he made it a point stop the forth from being summoned.

Anko's comment about "if only the forth were here..."

Tsunade's comments in the diner/sake house.

Ok i talked myself into voting for the 4th.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 01:21   Link #193
Argoth

My thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsta905_04
i'd hafta say kakashi, c'mon...he has the sharingan, he's a jounin, has copied over 1000 moves...he has chidori. U cood say he's a genius ninja like sasuke...
LOL, first off, kakashi got slaughtered buy Itachi, although realy strong, he just cant even compare to the others.

(sen's)

My vote is Itachi, oro is probly the strongest of the 3 sen's since he was almost able to take on both without his arms... mind you they were also injured, but not as much as oro. Oro admited the itachi is stronger then him, so that puts Itachi above oro. (well, ok itachi isnt a sen... but still he needs a catigory!)

mind you Oro might be stronger at his prime only because were not sure if weve seen his prime.. with his imortality thing and all he could easly become the strongest ninja ever.

(hokage's)

bettween the 3rd and 4th,,, if the third was a stronger then the 4th.. then why was the 4th the only one who could stand up to the 9 tailes? Because the 4th was stronger!

(all around)

I would have to say naruto had the most potential out of everyone. Why? Because he has a very hard working personality (much like rock lee) he has a fair bit of talent,and he had the Power of the 9 tails at his desposal! the 9 tails was feared by everyone, even the third and forth.... and mixed with narutos power, i think he would be increadibly strong.
Argoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 03:10   Link #194
tenchir

I would say the 3rd is likely the strongest only because I don't know how strong the 4th is in his prime. You have to remember that the 4th died young, who knows how strong he could have gotten if he had survived. The 4th might have been even stronger than the 3rd when the 3rd was his age. While the 3rd is given the title the strongest Shinobi, that is only because the 4th never made it to his full potential.
tenchir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 05:10   Link #195
kaizoku_65
Kaizoku + Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
I'd say the 3rd from what I've seen and heard in the forums, but the series seems to hint that the 4th was the uber ninja. He certainly was above Oro since Oro didn't attack the leafs until he was out of the picture (and the 3rd became an old geezer). He had invented a few high powered jutsu's.

A few examples...
When the 3rd realized that Oro was summoning the hokages of old he made it a point stop the forth from being summoned.

Anko's comment about "if only the forth were here..."

Tsunade's comments in the diner/sake house.

Ok i talked myself into voting for the 4th.

Saru only made it a point of stopping the 4th being summoned coz not only would it be hard fighting two Hokages, imagine fighting three. I mean for someone to take out two Hokages, thats a damn big statement and evidence of his strenght.
kaizoku_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 09:25   Link #196
Whisky

Remember Kakashi saying, only a person with sharingan could beat Itachi with his Mangekyo Sharingan ?
Well, if you ask me, in 1vs1 Itachi would beat everyone...
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 10:20   Link #197
jbruns
Warez Kiddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky
Remember Kakashi saying, only a person with sharingan could beat Itachi with his Mangekyo Sharingan ?
Well, if you ask me, in 1vs1 Itachi would beat everyone...
Gai is itachi's worst matchup cause first he's a taijutsu user vs sharingan and 2nd he can fight without looking at itachi's eyes
jbruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 10:57   Link #198
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbruns
Gai is itachi's worst matchup cause first he's a taijutsu user vs sharingan and 2nd he can fight without looking at itachi's eyes
Do you actually believe that? I like Gai, but he no match against Itachi, especially by his method of not looking at his eyes but at his feet.
Old 2004-08-21, 11:25   Link #199
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

In his prime, I would say the 3rd, as it was said several times it's not for nothing that you're called the God of the Shinobi and the strongest Hokage ever.

After that between the other Hokage, the Sannin or Itachi, I don't really know.
I think they're basically more or less all around the same kind of level.

The 4th couldn't be very stronger than Oro or there wouldn't have been any question for the next Hokage, as the 3rd said Oro was rejected because he's twisted, not because he was weaker.

The case of Itachi is a little particular due to his jutsu, basically if you don't know what the Sharingan and worse the Mangekyou can do, you're doomed.

You can find ways to counter that but you need to study that before, Zabuza found a way only because he survived the first fight against Kakashi thanks to Haku and because once again Haky analyzed their fight.
Same with Gai, being the rival of Kakashi, he analyzed his way of fighting and sought a way to fight against a Sharingan user.

But if you don't know that just looking at the Sharingan is a big no-no then you're pretty much dead meat.

Information is as important as strength in a ninja fight.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 11:29   Link #200
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoth

(sen's)

My vote is Itachi, oro is probly the strongest of the 3 sen's since he was almost able to take on both without his arms... mind you they were also injured, but not as much as oro. Oro admited the itachi is stronger then him, so that puts Itachi above oro. (well, ok itachi isnt a sen... but still he needs a catigory!)

mind you Oro might be stronger at his prime only because were not sure if weve seen his prime.. with his imortality thing and all he could easly become the strongest ninja ever.

(hokage's)

bettween the 3rd and 4th,,, if the third was a stronger then the 4th.. then why was the 4th the only one who could stand up to the 9 tailes? Because the 4th was stronger!

(all around)

I wy stronould have to say naruto had the most potential out of everyone. Why? Because he has a very hard working personality (much like rock lee) he has a fair bit of talent,and he had the Power of the 9 tails at his desposal! the 9 tails was feared by everyone, even the third and forth.... and mixed with narutos power, i think he would be increadiblg.
Oro did not take on 2 sannins wihtout his arms nor is he the strongest. Tsunade easily handleded Oro quite easily. Jiraiya was drugged up. While Oro had his extremely capable assitant Jiraiya had no one. So no he did not hold is own even 1 bit agaisnt Tsunade and he is not the strongest. Oro admits Itachi is stronger than him, look at his fighting style. Jiraiya is equal or stronger to him admitted by Itachi. And the 4th seems to have a similar fighting style to Jiraiya and it seems he's stronger than Jiraiya I think that's obvious enough. So the 4th should be able to beat Itachi also.

Oro hasn't gotten any weaker. I think the point of his immortality jutsu is to not get weaker by getting an old body...

The 3rd was still very old when Kyuubi attacked. He was definitely not in his prime. And the 4th beat Kyuubi with a combination of a huge summon and jutsu. The 3rd knows that jutsu but not sure if he has a huge summon like that to grasp hold of Kyuubi. And anyways like I siad the 3rd was still old then. Around his late 50s. And it has been stated many times that the 3rd was the strongest ninja alive hwne he was in his prime, by Oro, and the entire village. Though the 4th was the greatest probably becuase of his accomplishments.

And how old was the 4th compared to Oro during the 'hokage selection'? I'm sure the 4th would have grown and surpassed Oro sometime between that to the sealing of Kyuubi.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote