AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Overall Series Rating
Perfect 10 7 15.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 15.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 19.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 17.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 17.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 8.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-30, 08:01   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Regios - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire 24 episodes of Chrome Shelled Regios ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about the DVD only footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting

• Which kind of footage (DVD only) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Old 2009-06-30, 09:39   Link #2
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

I had a review over at AniDB and even though the numbers of criteria are different, I see that I reached nearly the same overall rating as I had a 8,3 there.

Animation Quality: 8
Voice Actors: 8
Script: 7
Soundtrack: 9
Editing: 8
Enjoyment: 9
Emotional Involvement: 9
Average: 8,2

I'd say that it was a decent show that could have been better if they had more material to work with and stray off the course towards the end. Still, I enjoyed the series immensely, even though I started watching around ep 15. I was holding back to see more opinions on it before I started as I couldn't make up my mind about if it was over-hyped like some of the more popular shows of the season. (I'll just say that I had quite a bit of disappointments this year) In fact, it was the dark horse for me of the season, I didn't think that I'd enjoy it this much. I felt attached to certain characters and most of them were quite likable.

In the art department, it was as much as I expected and the faces turned out to be not bad as I was afraid of. Music ranges from good to spectacular. Voice acting is all good. Script was decent but how they were able to make use of it deteriorated towards the end and I felt just content that they left it salvageable at the end for a second coming. In any case, I realize the potential and am satisfied with the end regarding the characters: Everyone developed, learned from others and acknowledged it. Now that's enough for me in a character-driven story.

So, I desire and expect another season as long as it gets back on track with the original novel story. I hope they'll be able to provide that.
Old 2009-07-02, 20:21   Link #3
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

The beginning was alittle slow but some what enjoyable 7/10
Middle picks up pace and i liked this part of the series the most 8/10
Ending: What the hell just happened here? I have no idea what happened especially with the Goat supposedly powering up people just to have Layfon Destroy them in one hit. 5/10

Animation Quality: 7/10
Solid Animation, Not quite there though
Voice Actors: 6/10
Sometimes i enjoy listening to people's voices and sometimes i don't, I just didn't this time
Script: 3
70% the time i had no idea where this Anime was going, and why. But it probably had something to do with me watching the palm of my hand more then the show itself.
Soundtrack: 6
Sub par, Not something i would remember
Enjoyment: 4
Not so much, then again i didn't care much to watch this weekly
Emotional Involvement: 2
I Really didn't care about anything in this Anime, the only thing that kept me watching was a friend

Overall: 6/10

It's a hit or miss Anime for most. A huge miss for me though. (I'll probably end up expanding on this later)

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-07-02 at 20:35.
Old 2009-07-05, 04:09   Link #4
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Like the beginning of the show until the episodes getting more worse and worse till the end ...

Animation Quality : 9 Great animation .
Voice Actors: 7 Good voice , sometimes Layfon had a pedo voice ...
Script: ...2.. well , confuse story , i don't even get it ...
Soundtrack: 8 The songs were nice .
Editing: dunno
Enjoyment: 7 Well , despite the lack of script etc .... I enjoyed the show . It was quite entertaining .
Emotional Involvement: 4 . Not really emo . Just friendship .

Overall 6/10

Maybe a S2 ? if yes , they must put an effort for the script etc ..
Old 2009-07-05, 05:55   Link #5
TrueKnight

Animation Quality: 7
Voice Actors: 6
Script: 6
Soundtrack: 6
Editing: 6
Enjoyment: 9
Emotional Involvement: 6

Overall Enjoyment: 8. So 8 it is.
Old 2009-07-05, 10:20   Link #6
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Script: 6
Soundtrack: 7
Editing: 7
Enjoyment: 8

Well, probably at the beginning was better, and the ending not so awesome, but i really liked this series and his chara; for the story... as always for many novels anime they put only a part of it so there isn't a correct ending but pretty good short story for me so yeah,

Overall: 8/10
Old 2009-07-09, 02:49   Link #7
klare

General impression of the series. - overall is entertaining, but boring at times, the flow of the show does not feel smooth

Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices. - messy, in the end i still do not understand much

Thoughts about the animation quality. - avarage, nothing stands out

Characters/Character Design - most characters have sleepy eyes... i like Nina, Felli is cute at times, also their uniform designs look cool

Voice Acting - sounds ok overall

What could the creators/animators/writers have done better. - maybe explain more about why they have to fight? how the world become like this? better fight scenes?

Soundtrack: OP is average, the 2 EDs are good, especially Yasashii Uso is one of the best anime songs i heard recently

Rating Overall: 7/10
Old 2009-07-10, 04:57   Link #8
Shadow Kira01

Animation Quality: 9
Voice Actors: 9
Script: 8
Soundtrack: 8

Overall: 34/40

The anime is pretty good but it lacks a proper ending. So much stuff happens on the last episode and tons of stuff left unexplained. It seems that there will be a short ova which is the sepia-colored flashbacks throughout the anime involving Saya and the gunman who looks like Lintence except he uses guns, whereas the other guy uses some sort of weapon similar to Layfon's mode 2. I am assuming that this anime is based on the first few volumes of the manga meaning that the rest of the story continues in the manga version.
Old 2009-07-14, 01:07   Link #9
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Animation Quality: 5
Voice Actors: 5
Script: 2
Soundtrack: 5
Editing: 5
Enjoyment: 2
Emotional Involvement: 5

The story is boring, and background also boring. You will be better off watching other shows. I was almost just skipping many episodes in the middle and just better off reading the description on Wikipedia.

The only thing that was keeping me watching was the scenes featuring Felli Loss, reminds me of Ruri from Nadesico.
Old 2009-07-14, 19:04   Link #10
~A~
Good Game.

Animation Quality: 7
Voice Actors: 7
Script: 10
Soundtrack: 4
Editing: 5
Enjoyment: 10

This is a okay series i like the main idea of this anime just not the story base part since they dont talk about the other heaven blade's receivers much and they rely too much on Layfon and not on the others. i heard there was going to be a 2nd series hope the 17th platoon will get stronger
Old 2009-07-21, 18:04   Link #11
Dominic Night
Its time to Exist

Animation Quality: 9
Voice Actors: 10
Script: 10
Soundtrack: 7
Emotional Involvement: 3

Average = About 7.5

This is my rating for the series, there was ups and downs to it. It was a good action series even though the fights were short. I didn't really get emotionally attached to all the characters.
Old 2009-07-23, 16:17   Link #12
Saymon

Script: 8
Soundtrack: 9

Overall: 10
because I really liked it
Old 2009-08-20, 08:45   Link #13
kakakka

I'll give the series around 6~7 out of 10.

I feel behind around 18 and never understood the series ever since ><

Jk. But I felt the series could have been ok if they pushed a bit of Nina and Layfon (Layton?) rivalry. I know they're being advertised (or implied) as a couple, but some hard rivalry (then make-up scene?) wouldn't hurt. Instead, we got them to think about their faults and both of them make up with each other in the end. I thought something tingling/exciting is missing tbh.

Layfon being the chosen one by Saya(?) brings more question to me than answers. I dunno what to think after this anime ended.
Old 2009-08-20, 08:55   Link #14
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, the show picked scenes randomly from the light novel(the source material). If they made it more true to the light novels everything would make sense and we would be about at volume 6-7 in the end.
Anyways I give it 8 just because of the characters and because I enjoyed it even if the plot was in tatters.
Old 2009-12-07, 22:30   Link #15
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
i thought this series was great. excepts in the last episode when he started surfing on the heavens katana i didnt really sit well with me. come on season 2.
Old 2010-07-11, 11:58   Link #16
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This anime was suggested to me on Friday, and I marathoned it over the weekend, watching about 6 to 8 episodes per sitting.

My overall take on it:

1. This is very much a character-driven anime. The overarching plot is, as others have pointed out, a bit hard to fully grasp, but its not really the main thrust of the anime anyway. It's a fairly comedic and diverse cast of characters, so being character-driven worked fairly well for Regios, imo.

2. While the overarching plot is a bit hard to fully grasp, you have individual episode plots, or short plot arcs, that are pretty easy to follow. These plots often felt dramatic and exciting to me.

3. I agree with some other posters that the anime starts a bit slow in some respects. There's nice action in this anime from the very beginning, but you don't really get any sort of solid footing in this fictional world, or an appreciation for the characters of prominence within it, until several episodes in.

4. The art style is a bit blocky (for lack of a better term) for my tastes, but it grew on me over time.

5. Background music seemed to improve as the anime went along.

6. I liked the design of the Military Arts uniforms.

6. Felli is an interesting character. A soft-spoken deadpan tsundere. I honestly haven't seen too many of those.

7. Layfon was a decent main protagonist. I felt that he went through some nice character development through out the anime. I liked how he could be very firm and even ruthless towards his enemies, but exceedingly gentle and soft-spoken towards his friends.

8. This anime sometimes suffers from what I like to call "Nanoha StrikerS disease". In other words, it has too many named characters of import for its own good. It can get hard to keep track of everybody. Some characters move in and out of the plot so randomly that it's hard to grow attached to them.

9. The Engrish bits were unintentionally hilarious.

10. The ending was gorgeous, but very anticlimatic.

Overall, I'll give it 8/10. A fun watch with some neat characters, but it leaves you with more questions than it answers.