AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-15, 05:50   Link #81
Tenzen12

Spoiler for I don't think approach adult would take to socialize with coworkers include:
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 23:43   Link #82
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

So, 13 is out, and, guess what?..
Spoiler for 13:
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 16:15   Link #83
black_cat1

Chapter 19 come out, the shocking moment, will they do it or not

Spoiler for shock:
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 00:41   Link #84
Fwarlord

With Kazuya being there, no way anyone else can take Yoshino's virginity.
Old 2014-03-18, 21:45   Link #85
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Translations are kind of slow, but with the revelation that Yoshino's future sterility was caused by a botched abortion kind of puts Kazuya in a lurch (plus office filters makes me unable to see the chapter 19 spoiler a few posts up). Obviously he now wants to do something about it, but will changing things really help his situation?

Because I'm thinking that he could graduate high school more chaste than a hermit, and keep Yoshino from ruining her life, but he'd STILL get killed in the end, except for another reason entirely.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2014-03-18 at 21:57.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 22:03   Link #86
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Translations are kind of slow, but with the revelation that Yoshino's future sterility was caused by a botched abortion kind of puts Kazuya in a lurch (plus office filters makes me unable to see the chapter 19 spoiler a few posts up). Obviously he now wants to do something about it, but will changing things really help his situation?

Because I'm thinking that he could graduate high school more chaste than a hermit, and keep Yoshino from ruining her life, but he'd STILL get killed in the end, except for another reason entirely.
It's pretty obvious that Yoshino committed suicide and Masaki killed him because of his noncommittal attitude. It has nothing to do with his virginity.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 22:22   Link #87
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's pretty obvious that Yoshino committed suicide and Masaki killed him because of his noncommittal attitude.
Well, I'm only going by the translated chapters so far, so it's likely I'm wrong of course. But that makes sense -- even now, despite what he's remembering, and the interventions he's doing as a result, he's still keeping people at arms length. Not exactly "someone else's problem", but more like "if this becomes my problem, can I really do something about it in the end?"

Kind of see how the issue with Yoshino will be particularly difficult. As a teenager, there's VERY little he can do directly.
Old 2014-03-19, 12:56   Link #88
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Well, I'm only going by the translated chapters so far, so it's likely I'm wrong of course. But that makes sense -- even now, despite what he's remembering, and the interventions he's doing as a result, he's still keeping people at arms length. Not exactly "someone else's problem", but more like "if this becomes my problem, can I really do something about it in the end?"

Kind of see how the issue with Yoshino will be particularly difficult. As a teenager, there's VERY little he can do directly.
Actually, it's simpler than you thought. The trigger of his death is Yoshino's death, and the cause of her tragedy is her irresponsible boyfriend, so Kazuya has 2 options: either eliminating the cause of her misfortune by crushing that guy's balls or bring happiness to her by dating her.
Old 2014-03-19, 13:34   Link #89
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Actually, it's simpler than you thought. The trigger of his death is Yoshino's death, and the cause of her tragedy is her irresponsible boyfriend, so Kazuya has 2 options: either eliminating the cause of her misfortune by crushing that guy's balls or bring happiness to her by dating her.
It's still kind of a rough choice. Either he can be an unwelcome interloper into someone else's relationship, or date a girl he isn't entirely sure he wants to date in the first place.

He's got some obvious issues to work out too, which doesn't help.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 17:01   Link #90
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Actually, it's simpler than you thought. The trigger of his death is Yoshino's death, and the cause of her tragedy is her irresponsible boyfriend,
Even with her infertility, she didn't kill herself until much later.

All Yoshino ever wanted was to be loved. When her boyfriend left her, she was desperate enough to offer sex to anyone who might have been interested.

Quote:
so Kazuya has 2 options: either eliminating the cause of her misfortune by crushing that guy's balls or bring happiness to her by dating her.
There is no reason Masaki (or anyone) would kill Kazuya over Yoshino's death unless A) he was directly responsible for it, or B) Kazuya had a flippant, disrespectful attitude that didn't take her death seriously enough.

A has been ruled out, so that only leaves B.

He's not going to get through to Yoshino unless he changes himself. And with that half-hearted attitude of trying to stick his nose in her business while trying to keep his distance at the same time, there is no way Kazuya look sincere.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 18:45   Link #91
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Even with her infertility, she didn't kill herself until much later.

All Yoshino ever wanted was to be loved. When her boyfriend left her, she was desperate enough to offer sex to anyone who might have been interested.

There is no reason Masaki (or anyone) would kill Kazuya over Yoshino's death unless A) he was directly responsible for it, or B) Kazuya had a flippant, disrespectful attitude that didn't take her death seriously enough.

A has been ruled out, so that only leaves B.

He's not going to get through to Yoshino unless he changes himself. And with that half-hearted attitude of trying to stick his nose in her business while trying to keep his distance at the same time, there is no way Kazuya look sincere.
She didn't kill herself, but your B explanation is pretty accurate. Thankfully, as of the latest chapter, there seems to be some hope yet for Kazuya, though the ending was something of a cliffhanger.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 19:16   Link #92
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Just read 15, and I got to say, Kazuya's approach is a smooth as an eighteen wheleer running over a nissan leaf ... Yoshino is bound to be confused, she quite obviously has a soft spot for Kazuya, and the guy, due to his indecisiveness of whether he cares about her because of who she is, or because of her supposed role in his death, keeps sending her mixed signals...

Last edited by SuitUp; 2014-03-19 at 19:29.
Old 2014-05-03, 00:18   Link #93
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Chap 22 and its over

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 03:31   Link #94
Karolik

What happened from Chapter 20+ on?
Karolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 11:51   Link #95
Tenzen12

It was great ride. And one of best romance (even though it was more than just that) manga I know. It's sad noone translating it anymore. On top of that, sail of my ship ended safely
(probably), which is quite rare.

Maybe one day we get anime that fills all gaps.
Old 2014-05-03, 12:09   Link #96
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It was great ride. And one of best romance (even though it was more than just that) manga I know. It's sad noone translating it anymore. On top of that, sail of my ship ended safely

Maybe one day we get anime that fills all gaps, but if someone made or found thorough summaries I wouldn't be angry either.
God bless the ships that make it to shore! Mine and yours.

Spoiler for Plot point.:
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 14:02   Link #97
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

No one is translating this anymore? Curse the day I decided to start learning french instead of japanese.
Old 2014-05-03, 14:18   Link #98
Vezon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

Maybe one day we get anime that fills all gaps.
The group translating this, is taking a break, but is planning to finish this.
Old 2014-05-03, 14:26   Link #99
Tenzen12

That's great to hear
Old 2014-05-12, 02:05   Link #100
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Just found and marathoned all 15 translated chapters, and liked what I read. Seems like a combination of Steins;Gate and School Days with a bit of WataMote mixed in.

Don't spoil this, for me, but I have to say though, as someone who went through a period of the kind of sexual frustration Masaki went through, I can really say I feel for him and want to see him finally find a girl, even if it looks like Yoshino is an impossibility. The scenes with Masaki and Hazuki walking home together, while Kazuya goes off with Yoshino, it would be interesting to see a reversal of what Masaki and Hazuki's crushes (Hazuki confesses to liking Kazuya at the barbecue, and Masaki is of course attracted to Yoshino):

Masaki x Hazuki

Kazuya x Yoshino

Also, I already have more fanfic ideas that will probably never be written, most of them Masaki-centric, and rather dark, for instance, an AU Masaki x Yoshino fic (possibly after one or both "reset" after dying like Kazuya did, this time possibly of suicide) where they two of them end up meeting each other again in university right
Spoiler for Spoilers for later chapters:
The more optimistic title would be "A Second Chance", or the more cynical title would be "Fucked Up Like Me".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
No one is translating this anymore? Curse the day I decided to start learning french instead of japanese.
Hey, I'm not the only one![/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The thing I don't quite get: Just how much of a loser was Masaki to have been a virgin into his thirties, assuming he has been actively seeking a relationship and isn't the "wait until marriage" type?
I was thinking something along the same line. If he is this bothered about getting laid, he should just use a dating service, either an adult friend finder sort of thing or the more conventional variety. That said, at least in terms of the murder motive, I would say that its becoming clear that pure jealousy is not the motive (or not the only motive in any case).
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, harem, high school, mature, school life