Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-12-28, 02:01   Link #21
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quite a few updates in one day. ^^;
This thread is updating at 2ch speeds too.

To save people from jumping pages: http://www.karanokyoukai.com/
Never before has a 404 error irritated me so much (trailer).

They're handing out Rakkyo shopping bags at Aniplex's C71 booth (Aniplex is the production company, while ufotable will be in charge of animation production).

The fact that it's going to be a movie and not a TV series is actually somewhat of a relief for me. When I mentioned some of the concerns about the novel in one of my earlier posts, I figured it would be difficult to maintain any kind of tempo if the anime was going to be a weekly show.

For a 900 page novel featuring relatively slow-paced developments, a full-length movie seems to fit the bill better than a 13-episode TV series. Of course, it all depends on the expertise of the production staff though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Badass girls in knife fights are always a treat to watch
I'm actually more interested in the various scenes (Häagen-Dazs strawberry ice cream, for example) that combines to give Shiki that 0.1% dereness. Keep your eyes open or you'll miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
That reminds me. Is Ryogi (and I guess all Shiki personas in the Nasuverse) an expert in all sorts of melee weaponry? Or do they just prefer knives and katanas?
The Ryougi bloodline is another one of those wacko families like Nanaya. It's probably best not to spoil anything for now though.

Shiki simply likes knives and katanas, that's all. Not much else you can use to cut those lines anyway. ^^;

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-12-28 at 02:16.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 02:35   Link #22
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Quite a few updates in one day. ^^;
This thread is updating at 2ch speeds too.
If it's comparable to 2ch, then it might be really surprising.

Perhaps, what's even more surprising is the number of Nasu (and to a larger extent, TP) fans out there...

Quote:
To save people from jumping pages: http://www.karanokyoukai.com/
Never before has a 404 error irritated me so much (trailer).
I also tried viewing the trailer, but it comes back with zilch. So they just put in some placeholder links? Guess I'll check back at another time..

Quote:
I'm actually more interested in the various scenes (Häagen-Dazs strawberry ice cream, for example) that combines to give Shiki that 0.1% dereness. Keep your eyes open or you'll miss it.
If you say so... ^^

Quote:
Shiki simply likes knives and katanas, that's all. Not much else you can use to cut those lines anyway. ^^;
Well, I guess that paring knife that Shiki used to cut his hospital bed right after he woke up from the accident also counts as one of those...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 10:52   Link #23
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

You can see the trailer if you browse the website with Internet Explorer. It doesn't show anything at all though, only previous known artworks and that's it (like the novel's cover or the image being shown in the website itself).
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 12:37   Link #24
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
It's not working for people? Weird, worked fine here...

Anyway, I'd put it up somewhere but I have no webspace so sendspace is going to have to do. 2MB WMV and yes, it shows basically nothing (and for some strange reason only seems to work in media player for me).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ho0z2x
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 12:46   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
and for some strange reason only seems to work in media player for me
wmv files.. they only love Media Player. :3
Old 2006-12-28, 12:49   Link #26
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
It's not working for people? Weird, worked fine here...

Anyway, I'd put it up somewhere but I have no webspace so sendspace is going to have to do. 2MB WMV and yes, it shows basically nothing (and for some strange reason only seems to work in media player for me).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ho0z2x
It's definitely a placeholder until the real trailer gets up, from the looks of it.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 17:28   Link #27
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Reason for hating WMP and wmv #532:

"Secure Storage protection error. Restore your licenses from a previous backup and try again."

Apparently since I've upgraded my hardware I cannot play anything that requires DRM until I reset Windows Media DRM. And unfortunately there isn't a "reset DRM" button in the options.
Quote:
Reset Windows Media DRM by deleting all the files in the Windows Media DRM folder. Note that the Windows Media DRM folder is a hidden system folder. To view hidden files and folders, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
  3. Click Show hidden files and folders, and then click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box.
The following are the typical locations of the Windows Media DRM folder, depending on your operating system version:
  • Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM
  • Windows 98: C:\Windows\All Users\DRM
  • Windows Millennium Edition: C:\Windows\DRM

If you cannot find the Windows Media DRM folder, the exact location of the folder on the computer is stored in the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DRM\DataPath

Note By default, the path is displayed in binary format. To see the path in plain-text format, double-click DataPath. In the Edit Binary Value dialog box, the path is displayed in the column on the right.
Not really hard, but it seems so irritating to have to do this just to watch a tiny trailer. I wonder if this is a good time to upgrade to WMP11...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 17:38   Link #28
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ive never seen Tsukihime since I keep hearing mixed stuff about it (some ppl like it others hate it) but I think Ill chk this out. Maybe just cuz I like the pic of Ryogi with the knife
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 18:00   Link #29
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Not really hard, but it seems so irritating to have to do this just to watch a tiny trailer. I wonder if this is a good time to upgrade to WMP11...
Wouldn't bother, it really is just a bunch of scrolling stills with some music in the background.

But yeah, I think we've safely verified WMV and streaming asx files like no one and are evil incarnate. I've never seen that error before using WMV10 though...
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 15:50   Link #30
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

This appeared sometime during the last few hours on Takashi Takeuchi & Kinoko Nasu's website.

Is the new novel, DDD, related to this title, or am I just tripping over the dualling announcements?

Last edited by Maids! Maids! Maids!; 2007-03-12 at 17:38. Reason: Restored image that disappeared into ImageShack limbo.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 18:06   Link #31
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
This appeared sometime during the last few hours on Takashi Takeuchi & Kinoko Nasu's website.

Is the new novel, DDD, related to this title, or am I just tripping over the dualling announcements?
Lol a top page illust update after three and a half years. I look forward to the next update in 2010. ^^;

Rakkyo's movie anime adaptation probably means a lot to Nasu and Takeuchi-san. After all, everything started for them 8 years ago at that tiny bamboo broom site with Kara no Kyoukai as their first "official" creation.

And no, DDD (which stands for Decoration Disorder Disconnection, by the way) is not officially related to other TYPE-MOON creations in any way. Although I heard you might see some similarities between certain settings.

Spoiler for off topic description of DDD:
Old 2007-01-09, 19:53   Link #32
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Spoiler for off topic description of DDD:
I thought Karyou was supposed to be a guy, not a girl.
Old 2007-01-10, 05:00   Link #33
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Spoiler for off topic, should be sealed, burned, and buried:

Filler to keep post relevant:

Azaka has always been the neglected one. Hopefully she can get some love in the movie.

I wonder how far they can go with the movie in terms of explicit contents, since Rakkyo does have quite a bit of those (Fujinon's that in the beginning, for example )
Old 2007-01-10, 15:28   Link #34
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

What's this "that" you speak of?

(Movie may not show it and I don't mind so spoil me)
Old 2007-01-10, 20:13   Link #35
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
What's this "that" you speak of?

(Movie may not show it and I don't mind so spoil me)
Go to Moonlit World's Rakkyo page and read the first paragraph of Chapter 3 (痛覚残留/tsuukaku zanryuu)'s sypnosis, and you should get the idea.

Extra:

Hopefully, my Amazon shipment with DDD in it will arrive tomorrow. ^^
So here's a bonus Fujunon ava:
Old 2007-01-11, 03:10   Link #36
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Azaka has always been the neglected one. Hopefully she can get some love in the movie.
I wonder why Takashi(the TM artist) and ufotable put Azaka instead of Aozaki in those 2 pages. Aozaki is much more important...Is Aozaki too old for Takashi?

Kokuto looks pretty handsome...
Old 2007-01-14, 12:16   Link #37
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Kara no Kyokai

Anyone know when exact will it be aired? It's one of my all time favourite light novel, so i am actually looking forward to it!
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 21:36   Link #38
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
I wonder why Takashi(the TM artist) and ufotable put Azaka instead of Aozaki in those 2 pages. Aozaki is much more important...Is Aozaki too old for Takashi?

Kokuto looks pretty handsome...
Because imouto character is all the rage right now?

Azaka did play an important role in 忘却録音, so she's not all "extra". But I suppose it's true that she didn't get to see much action, unlike the other characters.

And I don't think Takeuchi-san dislike Touko-san. If anything, both Takeuchi-san and Nasu-san love those sultry aneki type characters, according to Tsukihime tokuhon.

As for Mikiya, he was pretty much the base model for Tsukihime's Shiki. The only difference is that Mikiya is 3-4 years older.

He's pretty much abused all the time by the female cast in the novel though, so you don't get to see him look cool often (but the most famous line in the novel came from him, so it kind of evens out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Anyone know when exact will it be aired? It's one of my all time favourite light novel, so i am actually looking forward to it!
The movie's official site and maybe TYPE-MOON's official site would probably be the best place to look for those kind of information. Right now, there aren't any news of a premier date yet. Only a couple of weeks have passed since the initial announcement, after all.
Old 2007-02-26, 04:57   Link #39
raidragon

lol^^, Kara no Kyoukai anime...this will be REALLY GREAT^^.....since i think Ryougi is the coolest char 4ever....^^

well, but compared to Nanaya Shiki, i think that Ryougi is still stronger than Nanaya since
Spoiler:
raidragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 20:07   Link #40
Archer

http://www.karanokyokai.com/index.html

Website has been updated. Be on the lookout for a new trailer sometime soon.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, type moon