Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-09-06, 14:23   Link #41
silent_halo
the figure in the mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post

first thing i noticed was that on this cd there are hardly any real LP styled songs.. it sounds more like normal hard rock, as in a non djing and no rapping and without those it feels like LP is just lost entirely... i felt so excited when i heard a new album was coming up but now i find LP a little boring mostly because the vibe that held fans to listen to it over and over again is gone...
i agree on this point becuase i used to be a big fan and when what i've done came out i was dissapointed....it is a great song in all but it is not linkin park. not the original anyway. as some say they are appeling to new fans but not to some of the old. i think we may not see the old linkin park anymore well not the same as it was anyway.
silent_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 02:52   Link #42
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
I felt disappointed for the reasons Karuma said as well. I loved the djing and meaningful lyrics during meteroa and hybrid theory.
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-17, 16:15   Link #43
Daughter!

All I heard here was LP trying to get on the radio like they always do, and they've succeeded a bit with this album. Also, I don't believe they changed their sound. The record company did because Nu-Metal is going out of style. A lot of songs are in the same keys, and some are just same old repetitive LP lyrics. Too many Drop-D chords. They've kind of let me down with this record.
Daughter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 21:52   Link #44
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
I really miss Meteora when I bought the album. I don't know why, but their song What I've Done isn't really my taste. I was disappointed at the album, really. They used to be my fave band.

Bleed It Out rocks though.
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 00:40   Link #45
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
There are a few songs I really liked on this album but most of the songs I could have passed on. Like most people have said, I don't really think most of the music is their original style. It just doesn't appeal to me.
Old 2007-12-22, 08:16   Link #46
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Certainly Linkin Park has changed, but I find their new songs still quite enjoyable.

I mean I just got addicted to "Leave out all the rest".. Sure it's alot softer then their previous albums, but the lyrics are still meaningful.. They sound alot like Coldplay these days, but hey I like Coldplay to so I really don't mind.
Old 2007-12-22, 10:47   Link #47
solidified

they've certainly matured in terms of their music.
But iv got to say that this album wasnt all that great- it was OK.

I liked their old albums like meteora
solidified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 14:57   Link #48
Ichihara

I do prefer their old albums, but I like this one just fine.
Loved Bleed it Out..
Ichihara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 12:36   Link #49
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
okay the new album was released in stores yesterday, im listening to it right now feeling a little dissapointed...

for starters as we all know and love LP as it usually uses rap together with vocals with guitars and some damn good riff rafing in between...

first thing i noticed was that on this cd there are hardly any real LP styled songs.. it sounds more like normal hard rock, as in a non djing and no rapping and without those it feels like LP is just lost entirely... i felt so excited when i heard a new album was coming up but now i find LP a little boring mostly because the vibe that held fans to listen to it over and over again is gone...

has anyone else had this feeling...
why ooh why has my first and most favorite rockband taken the course to dust and failure...
I agree with you 110%. I was extremely dissappointed in this album. It didn't feel like a LP album.

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 14:16   Link #50
Thingle
Banned

Frankly, it's not enjoyable. They sold out to nu metal's "death". If they just stuck to their meteora sound now, they'd be unique. They won't be music legends sorry (blame their 5-year old guitarist).
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 09:11   Link #51
bungoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Screamo
Please, please, please do some homework on that word before using it in a Linkin Park thread. It's not something that should just be thrown around cavalierly.
bungoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 13:11   Link #52
Thingle
Banned

It's nu metal. More hiphop than emo.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 09:30   Link #53
Ichihara

I would agree that it'll be better to they did stick with what they had been doing.
Hopefully they'll go back to what they used to do.
Ichihara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 12:04   Link #54
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Kinda mixed. Some songs were awesome like Leave out all the rest and Bleed it out. And they obviously tried to make some controversy with there political songs like What I've done and Hands held high, but i think they diverged too far from what made me love their music with Valentines day and some of the less memorable songs.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 14:32   Link #55
chicio

Send a message via AIM to chicio Send a message via MSN to chicio Send a message via Yahoo to chicio
Yeah i agree. LP lost its original style. It seems that with every new album they come out with they seem like a whole new band. i was going to buy the album but after previewing songs i just paid for downloads on vcast. maybe 3-4 songs on the album appealed to me but other than that it was way off from what i expected =/ amazon or itunes ftw
chicio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 01:12   Link #56
EXEs
Hallelujah...

This album sucks. What I've Done was the worst LP song I've ever heard. I pray to God they go back to their pre-Minutes to Midnight genre.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 10:49   Link #57
Daughter!

Has anyone seen them live recently. While I don't like this new material, it's really cool how they change tones and overall sound like that.
Daughter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 11:28   Link #58
6raika
ベジータ

Send a message via ICQ to 6raika
I love LP but this album sucks o!o
6raika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 00:56   Link #59
Veronin
Fun things are (not) fun.

This album is terrible.
Old 2008-08-28, 14:12   Link #60
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
You know, I'm probably one of the few people who could even possibly get away with saying "I like Tool" and "I like The Who" whilst uttering "I like Linkin Park" right after and still keep my head in tact...I don't know how, but somehow, Linkin Park really attracts to me...I used to hate them during "Hybrid Theory" but changed my mind during "Meteora" and retconned myself by going backwards and finding myself liking their first album...So when "Minutes to Midnight" first came out, I was almost ready to release it on it's release date, but just reluctant enough to hold out on the purchase until the spring of this year, and only motivated enough to start actually listening to it over the summer...

And you know...I was both excited and disappointed...

Excited in that with the help of Rick Rubin, Linkin Park put out a moderately mature album that doesn't sound as "all over the place" as their last two releases were...They seemed to be more focused composition wise, as the songs seemed less like songs and a little like compositions...They toned down the rap-rock aspect of it, and they've got Chester screaming less...Both are pluses for me...I really have to give it to Chester for his singing abilities on "Leave Out All The Rest", "Shadow Of The Day" and "Valentine's Day"...

Disappointments? It wasn't heavy enough like their last two albums...Yeah, you have "Given Up", "Bleed It Out" and "No More Sorrow", but that just isn't enough...You've got three really heavy songs while the rest are just too soft...Now I don't mind the soft songs because I also like melody, but I wanted a better balance of heavy and soft like on "Meteora"...

My main disappointment, and continuing complaint of Linkin Park? Lyrically, Chester Bennington is an emo-pussy..He wines too goddamn much...When I first heard that "Minutes To Midnight" would be more mature, I took it that Chester's so-called "problems" would be absent from the lyrics, and yes, while I still found the album overall matured, it still doesn't hide the fact that the lyrics on paper are still largely written by an emo-bitch...If I think about the lyrics too much, I start hating them; One thoughtful moment on the lyrics of "Valentine's Day" and you almost wanna pull off a Kurt Cobaine and shoot yourself out of misery...Mike Shinoda's pathetic attempt at a "political" song with "Hands Held High" seems nothing more like an aimless attempt at sounding serious and thoughtful when instead it's a political bandwagon trend that I hate hearing in entertainment, and I can't take Mike seriously when he raps like that either...

Is it a good album? Yes...Could it be better? Yes...Do I blame Chester Bennington for it's shortcomings? Hell yes!

Rick Rubin deserves better people to work with than this...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote