AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-20, 07:45   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach Episode 280 Discussion Thread

Ladies and Gentlemen. Good morning. Watched the episode.

It started out with a friendly discussion between Hiyori and Hitsugaya. It ended with enough ammunition to build my own ship: Hitsugaya + Hiyori, and set sail. Lisa joins in to complete the threesome so they can combine their expertise against the lovely Halibel whose moist sense of irony is always lost on me. Huh? I didn't care to remember what transpired next until Hachi started to erect large construction around Barragan. Alas! Barragan kept yapping about the power of aging. blah blah blah blah and a lot's of blah blah blah later... Hachi decided to build an elaborate construction to isolate Barragan. He also pleads with feisty, flat chested Soi Fon to lend her flashy missile of a bankai that suspiciously takes the shape of giant metallic peni.. er... Soi Fon, like the true lady she is, is still reluctant. After a bit more negotiation, Soi Fon grows her erect missile and launches it through the tiny opening accessible to Hachi's construction which confined Barragan and forced its way in to finish the job. I like Soi Fon.

The most interesting part about this episode was when Hachi said, "I give the King of Hueco Mundo my deepest condolences." Well, that was the extent of my enjoyment. I'm also glad Hiyori found her playmate, finally. I guess Hitsugaya liked what he saw too for he couldn't keep his hands off the goods.

Enjoy the discussion.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2010-07-20, 07:54   Link #2
ReXcore
One Piece/Bleach&Naruto

Send a message via MSN to ReXcore
interesting episode, i liked it a lot, go hachi go
Old 2010-07-20, 08:02   Link #3
MisterJB
Warden of the West

You know, I just realized that Barragan is really stupid.
1-Oh look, they've erected a giant barrier to stop me from getting to them. What should I do, it's not like I can just...fly around it, you idiot.
No, I'll just let them formulate a plan to kill me. The battle will be funnier that way.

2: After Barragan noticed Soi Fon's Bankai, half a minute passed before she actually shoot. Thirty seconds that he could have used to rot it away. Instead he just looks at it.

Well, at least Harribel is still awesome (she seems to be the only one giving us some decent swordplay at the moment) and the interaction between Soi Fon and Hachi was very interesting.
Old 2010-07-20, 08:05   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

How dare you try to bring common sense in this very plot line? Some one spank MisterJB. My hands are too tired.
Old 2010-07-20, 08:06   Link #5
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

I enjoyed it a lot too, especially Hitsu and Hiyori's interaction! Shiro-chan finally found his playmate !

Oh my monir and his insinuations...
Old 2010-07-20, 08:47   Link #6
kitten320

Suprisingly that was a really good episode, looks like next one is the last for me.

I always thought that Hachi's barrier is orange, not green...

The Hiyori/Hitsu interection was funny, those two should stick together.
Liked the edit moments of Halibel's fight, it actually makes her look worthy in comparison to manga where she seemed to be completly trashed.

Soi Fon needs tp lessen her pride a bit though... but I also would be annoyed if I knew that the guy I hate is spying on me... but still her desicion at first was wrong...

But still liked their interection, it is actually a bit strange that Hachi actually remembers her when she back then was basicly no one.

Can't wait to see a trapped Urahara

Also Soi Fon's evil smile before she shot was aweasome, liked how she was shining as well.

Hachi pwns!

It is sad that Kubo had to make a complete idiot out of Barragan in order to defeat hi... Barragan alone coud kill almost everyone there.

Lol at special, poor Hisagi
Old 2010-07-20, 09:32   Link #7
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I really do enjoy a good kidou display...we don't get enuff of that. Barragan is still awesome....
Old 2010-07-20, 09:48   Link #8
Suryce

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Well,
since Barragan is a skull, he is "hollow" inside, so he has no brain...
Who say that Kubo was dumb on his story's logic ?
Old 2010-07-20, 10:02   Link #9
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It ended with enough ammunition to build my own ship: Hitsugaya + Hiyori, and set sail.
I refuse to accept this.
Old 2010-07-20, 11:17   Link #10
haegar
mangaviking

*spanks JB for the fun of it*

hm. none of this makes me wanna see the ep. Hyori and Hitsugaya sounds mildy funny, Hachi showin of some kido might be ok. The rest of Monir's summary kinda made me think...oh well ... whenever I feel I have nothin useful to do ... maybe
Old 2010-07-20, 11:26   Link #11
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

lolz Hisagi in the special

Quote:
1-Oh look, they've erected a giant barrier to stop me from getting to them. What should I do, it's not like I can just...fly around it, you idiot.
No, I'll just let them formulate a plan to kill me. The battle will be funnier that way.

2: After Barragan noticed Soi Fon's Bankai, half a minute passed before she actually shoot. Thirty seconds that he could have used to rot it away. Instead he just looks at it.
A guy who has a sword release of "Arrogant," it doesn't surprise me he took his time (lolz puns) and a half a minute to us is more like a few seconds in anime time.
Old 2010-07-20, 12:16   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
It started out with a friendly discussion between Hiyori and Hitsugaya. It ended with enough ammunition to build my own ship: Hitsugaya + Hiyori, and set sail.
I have to agree they really gave enough material to put that ship together . I was surprised just how much focus was spent on their bickering. Though think Hitsugaya should thank Hiyori since staying there with Hallibel is much safer than going after Aizen. But yeah let's just leave the fight to Lisa while those two work through their issues. Apparently being two relatively short people of high rank they needed to vent .

Anyways know it's 3 vs 1, but would have thought we'd see that trio get a bit more serious. Hallibel is still in her resurrection state while neither vizard has released their swords nor used their masks and Hitsugaya hasn't used his bankai again. Guess since the main focus was on taking down Barragan that they didn't want to make things too serious.

Yeah I couldn't help thinking about why Barragan didn't just fly around the wall floating in the air instead of just standing there. I guess seeing his opponents as weak is the excuse for him getting owned. Kind of sad though that they needed to bribe Soi Fon into attacking again.
Old 2010-07-20, 12:19   Link #13
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Hachi's awesome Kido makes me sad that few characters do anything cool with it.
Old 2010-07-20, 12:28   Link #14
medigo

Barragan does not go around walls, walls go around him!
Old 2010-07-20, 12:44   Link #15
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

poor hisagi... i didn't once think he might

Spoiler for spoiler:

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-07-20, 13:38   Link #16
sayde

Quote:
Soi Fon grows her erect missile and launches it through the tiny opening accessible to Hachi's construction which confined Barragan and forced its way in to finish the job.
That's quite the climax you've described there. (you nasty bastard *lol*) Anywho, awesome opening post this week monir. Looking forward to watching the episode. I've been looking forward to seeing some Hiyori and Hitsu interaction.
Old 2010-07-20, 14:20   Link #17
Jehuty

the innuendos... they kill me! lol

absolutely fitting, however
Old 2010-07-20, 15:01   Link #18
TheRime

Quote:
YES, thank you. Or fly above it. Or under it. Or diagonally.

And what is UP with Stark and Lilynette's butt?

Not to mention: awwwww at Hiyori and Toshiro, and LOL at Lisa
Old 2010-07-20, 15:27   Link #19
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Stark's catch phrase is "Needs more sodomy"
Old 2010-07-20, 15:57   Link #20
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
YES, thank you. Or fly above it. Or under it. Or diagonally.

And what is UP with Stark and Lilynette's butt?

Not to mention: awwwww at Hiyori and Toshiro, and LOL at Lisa

barragan has always been my favorite espada....and i think he's probably got the potential to be the most powerful or one of the most powerful characters in all of bleach. his arrogance and laziness and underestimating his enemies is his downfall though.

i mean...in his unreleased form he was able to touch soi fon without her even knowing and without much effort (maybe a combination of time warping and sonido)....and then there's his respira and we never really got to see what gran caida could do. if he only would use his super speed and actually bother to move....he could've really killed aizen i think.

as for stark and lilinette....well they're one being so he's really just playing with himself....i mean honestly...if you were a lonely guy stuck in a lonely place and could do one thing....it would be to get a girl asap.

hiyori and hitsuguya was funny lol....and lisa's explanation was equally funny.
Closed Thread