AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 19:33   Link #1
Cal-Reflector

Hachimitsu to Kuroba/Honey and Clover

........... *sigh*

Well guys, lets do our best and try to bring everything back as best we can. I lost my account as well, so this will be my first post as Cal-Reflector v2.0. Ahem, anyhow to reiterate my views on this show:

All time ranking: #1 out of 67 total full-lengthed series viewed.
Favorite Character: Hanamoto Shuuji (Only because Morita-sama has enough fans as it were)
Favorite Couple in the show: Shuuji-Rika (I declare myself the biggest shipper of these two in the United States)
Favorite BGM: Waltz Piano version, which I'm sure many looked forward to in the OST but were disappointed.
Favorite moment of the show: In the middle of episode 7,8 where Shuuji and Rika are holding hands my favorite BGM plays.

To those who've never seen the show: For a deep, funny, humane, and overall superb show of drama and romance done in Japanese Dorama fashion, look no further.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 20:39   Link #2
cipotlar

I have been watching over this thread for quite a long time before I decided to help reviving this thread..

Honey & Clover is the my personal favorite anime all the time..out of prolly 40+ animes that I have watched..Really enjoy the originality of this show and shared the same feelings and uncertainties of Takemoto Yuuta..

Well my fav couple is Yamada and Nomiya (well they're not couple yet..but I'm rooting for them)
as for fav music and fav moment..I like the insert song for ep. 19 (Ougon no Tsuki by Suga Shikao) and also that scene where
Spoiler:

and also the magical ep 7 when everybody is looking for the 4-leaf clover..

I would very much recommend this show to a more mature audience who is looking for romance, comedy type of show..I don't think this show is much suited for ppl who enjoy action-ish type of anime such as FMA, FMP, Naruto..

Last edited by cipotlar; 2005-12-18 at 20:55.
cipotlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 21:15   Link #3
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I think anyone could like this show. It's really that good, in my opinion, so it's a shame this thread was lost (like many others). In the end, I liked no one the best (in fact I see reasons to dislike every character... which is a good thing).
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 21:19   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Well, that makes three of us who rank this number one all time. Definitely not for big action fans, though, you're right. I'm following Paradise Kiss, which succeeded H&C in its Thursday-night TV time-slot, but much as I enjoy it, it's no Honey & Clover. One great thing about H&C is that it has enough episodes to be able to follow the manga almost frame-by-frame and word-by-word.

I am also a big fan of Ayu-Nomiya, but really all the characters are interesting and sympathetic...and humanly fallible. Big moments? Those mentioned, plus when Mayama carried the drunken Ayu home and she confessed to him. And all the important moments between Morita and Ayu, such as the one in the pottery studio, the one on the boat, and the one walking by the river hand in hand. And the moment Takemoto meets Hagu. And Hagu's dance of delight when she receives the "mules" from Morita. And...and...and...

And by the way, I'm featuring Ayu's seiyuu in my avatar and sig right now. She has the starring role in the January short series Hanbun no Tsuki.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 21:22   Link #5
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Well, this is certainly in my top 3 favourite anime of all time A real masterpiece for me. And bear in mind that it's in the top 3 of 113 series that I've watched/ am watching (17 currently ongoing), so yeah, it totally rocks.

Fave Character: Hmm, tough one, but I'd say Takemoto (Morita is great, but for comical reasons, whereas I can relate quite easily to Takemoto)

Fave Couple: Mayama & Yamada. They looked nice together. Mayama is a foolish person indeed (I'll happily take Yamada off his hands though )

Fave BGM: Has to be Hachimitsu, lovely piece of music. Waltz (and the piano version!) comes a close second.

Fave Moment: Easy. Last episode -

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
To those who've never seen the show: For a deep, funny, humane, and overall superb show of drama and romance done in Japanese Dorama fashion, look no further.
+1
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 23:31   Link #6
pikopiko

This is the remaining remnants of the previous posts that I found in my browser's history bin

Honey & Clover previous posts
pikopiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 00:18   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd hate to have to pick just one anime .... Honey & Clover and Mahoraba both hit all the right spots (just in different places). The others I can piece out because of flaws or because I can cheat and say they aren't complete yet ... (like Kamichu, for example).

H&C gets massive pointage if only because the cast isn't in freaking high school... they're in college and the options just open way up for plot possibilities (many of which were realized). I'd like to see other stories set in the university setting like this.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 00:33   Link #8
dojikyo

Episode 6 is still my favorite: Rika's reason for rejecting Mayama and Mayama's reason for rejecting Ayu in only one episode. Morita was extremely funny in this episode.

Favorite couple: Mayama and Rika. Although Shuu is definitely great, Harada's memory was too much of an obstacle.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 00:49   Link #9
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Eee~ I LOVE H&C! I've always wanted to join the discussion, but it's cuz I was so late in watching it and everything I wanted to post was already said, so... ^^

One of the things I love about H&C is its music. I like those insert songs in the episode when a certain something happens. Now everytime I hear Spitz' Y I remember Mayama and Rika. *sighs* Also I'm helplessly in love with Waltz. When I listen to it, it really feels like I'm waltzing, haha!

My favorite episode is with no doubt the first! The whole waking up Morita-senpai was damn hilarious. Meeting Hagu and the sweet moment of "fall in love in first sight". Ahhh. <3

My favorite character is Moooriiiitaaa. But I was really confused in the late episodes... Saying "I'm waiting for him". Does he plan to hand Hagu to Takemoto?! Or have a fair "fight" over Hagu? Or...? Ahhh! Can't wait to see the extra two episode or -better yet- a second season!! ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
H&C gets massive pointage if only because the cast isn't in freaking high school... they're in college and the options just open way up for plot possibilities (many of which were realized). I'd like to see other stories set in the university setting like this.
I oh so agree! Because it's not in High School H&C isn't only about love and desire, it's about friendship, career and finding your true self. *dreamy sigh*

Or maybe it's cuz I'm in college myself and I relate to them more. XD;;
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 04:18   Link #10
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
My freaking hard drive got screwed over. I had watched till episode 22 and stopped. I downloaded 23 and 24, then boom. My HD got screwed over and I had to reformat it, along with a loss of other animes, including Beck, Bleach, Yakitate, and even Wolf's Rain. T_T

Time to go hunt them all again.

But ya, everyone relates to Takemoto. Me however, I relate to Morita, believe me, thats how I am. In front of friends, Im all funny and stuff, but one 2 one, I help out people. Great anime,

Fav song(s) has got to be Yoru Wo Kakeru, Sorosoro Ikanakucha, and Waltz.
________
FORD VERSAILLES

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:28.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 04:20   Link #11
Calca
Expressionless

I just want to say Morita is up there with Onizuka and Oe Kintaro as one of the greatest anime characters ever.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 05:27   Link #12
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
I just want to say Morita is up there with Onizuka and Oe Kintaro as one of the greatest anime characters ever.
Not sure about the other two, but most definitely agree on Morita. I maintain that if there were an Academy Award for seiyuus, Morita's seiyuu would have to win it for there to be any justice in the world. That was simply the best performance I've seen done by any voice actor, and the SINGING!!! How do you beat that!?
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 06:53   Link #13
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Number One? I wouldn't say so myself. Some of the episodes, hell, most of them, were definitely the work of genius, as was the dreamy animation, good grab of the atmophere and top notch characterisation...

Yet, I still have to be honest and say... this show slumped somewhere in the middle (somewhere around the Ferris Wheel arc), despite that awesome beginning and ending. Became somewhat tedious. But it still managed to come through...

So, I might call it The Anime of the Year, sure (although I prefer to think of Eureka Seven and Parakiss as the shows more deserving of the title). But definitely not The Anime of All Time. There were and are shows made better....

Just my opinion, though, as you understand. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 07:15   Link #14
sogno

MM, Honey and Clover ranks as my favourite Anime of the Year.

Oh well, here goes my other rankings

Favorite Character: Definitely Hanamoto Shuuji, because his past and his present are so clearly shown to us, And i love self-sacrificing men

Favorite Couple in the show: Shuuji-Rika *high fives Cal-Reflector*
Favorite BGM: Yoru wo Kakero(Running through the night) -Honey and Clover IM ep 15. It just fit so well into the moment where Mayama goes after Rika, although i very much wished Shuu-chan was the proactive one. sigh.

Favorite moment of the show: Morita Kissing Hagu, and the escapade
But Shuu-Chan and Rika holding hands while looking out of the window comes a close second. Third will be the one where Mayama rewinds his memory and does pixel correction to zoom in on Rika. Priceless.
sogno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 07:58   Link #15
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogno
Mayama rewinds his memory and does pixel correction to zoom in on Rika. Priceless
Oh man, that scene was just pure gold, had me in stitches
Old 2005-12-19, 12:25   Link #16
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Yeah, that one was good. Another similar scene that had me rolling was in episode 1, when Morita did a "robo-look" on the running Takemoto, and later on, when Mayama spotted Morita running away from girls in slow-mo... 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 12:35   Link #17
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Yeah, when Morita has just woken up. That was around the point where I knew for a fact I was going to love this series and be totally hooked on it. And I wasn't wrong
Old 2005-12-19, 13:42   Link #18
Calca
Expressionless

My favorite part was the twister game in episode 8.

Also, Morita's seiyuu is the same guy who did Keitaro in Love Hina.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 14:50   Link #19
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

My love for H & C will never fade. This anime is among the best titles on my list. I do think it's the number one in its category (or something similar) surpassing Karekano, HYD and heads and shoulders above Paradise Kiss. It certainly deserves anime of the year right beside Major imho.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 19:38   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
...It certainly deserves anime of the year right beside Major imho.
Oh, no! Another good anime that I've never seen. Will it never end?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina