AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Insurrection in the Ancient City (Volumes 14 & 15) Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-29, 10:09   Link #1021
Ultragunner

^ yes, I agree with you guys.

Also, about Tatsuya's identity, not only Maya, but the Japan Government, or the Joint Chiefs of Staff also want to hide the identity of Tatsuya, they treat him with highest secrecy (and it's totally understandable) such that even Retsu and Koichi, despite much suspicion, cannot know the true extent of Tatsuya's power. I mean, sure Retsu knows that Tatsuya is Miya's son, and an ace in the 101 Battalion that is, but what he isn't aware of is the fact that Tatsuya is a walking nuke.

Well, what really intriguing is how the other families would react if they knew the entire profile of Tatsuya. Of course panic and fear are a must (haha ), but they also have to be aware that Tatsuya's Strategic significance is something that they cannot and should not meddle with.
Old 2014-11-29, 15:16   Link #1022
Nicaea

But the Yotsuba aren't in any danger to lose their position in the TMC. They've been there since the start. If anything it's their loss if the Yotsuba isn't in the TMC.

Also, Tatsuya isn't their bargaining chip. They're not like the Itsuwa at all lol. He's like their ace hidden deep
in their sleeve.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 15:21   Link #1023
expertsource

what is 10mc thing? i have read the light novels superficially. but i haven't seen 10mc or something like that. if tatsuya known as a yotsuba member to the public, isn't this a good thing for yotsuba's power. so that, they can be chosen to top number 1 in 28 families or something like that.?
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 15:34   Link #1024
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
But the Yotsuba aren't in any danger to lose their position in the TMC. They've been there since the start. If anything it's their loss if the Yotsuba isn't in the TMC.

Also, Tatsuya isn't their bargaining chip. They're not like the Itsuwa at all lol. He's like their ace hidden deep
in their sleeve.
The Yotsuba are the most powerful so it's unlikely they will lose their place, but if they do things too dangerous, the other clans could decide this during the meeting. Theya re the only clan with the number 4 but 2 families or more sharing the same number can be accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expertsource View Post
what is 10mc thing? i have read the light novels superficially. but i haven't seen 10mc or something like that. if tatsuya known as a yotsuba member to the public, isn't this a good thing for yotsuba's power. so that, they can be chosen to top number 1 in 28 families or something like that.?
10MC= 10 Master Clans.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 16:10   Link #1025
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
The Yotsuba are the most powerful so it's unlikely they will lose their place, but if they do things too dangerous, the other clans could decide this during the meeting. Theya re the only clan with the number 4 but 2 families or more sharing the same number can be accepted.
Given their modus operandi that wouldn't really threaten them. Their influence reaches places beyond 10mc and their sponsor's influence pretty much ensures that they don't need to worry about a bunch of sheep banding together. I'm sorry, but I can't picture them panicking in front of a measure like that.
Old 2014-11-29, 17:19   Link #1026
GBFirestorm

I am hoping that Tatsuya burns Maya within the next few volumes. Even his cousins know he is about to be replaced with the new Guardian there quest is does Miyuki get it or not
GBFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 17:23   Link #1027
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFirestorm View Post
I am hoping that Tatsuya burns Maya within the next few volumes. Even his cousins know he is about to be replaced with the new Guardian there quest is does Miyuki get it or not
And why do you want that? I think what Tats and Maya have as a relationship is interesting. He doesn't bow down like the rest of his 'family', maybe she admires that?

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 17:28   Link #1028
GBFirestorm

Because it is because of her he was stripped of his emotions at age 6 and he can't publish his work so has to use the alias Taurus Silver as he doesn't officially exist in the Yotsuba so they do not want people looking into him. She will never let him have his freedom and I can't help but feel that she is lining him up like lambs to the slaughter to get rid of the threat he poses. I still wonder what the whole think about him being the Yotsuba's greatest sin is about
GBFirestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 17:51   Link #1029
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Because it is because of her he was stripped of his emotions at age 6 and he can't publish his work so has to use the alias Taurus Silver as he doesn't officially exist in the Yotsuba so they do not want people looking into him. She will never let him have his freedom and I can't help but feel that she is lining him up like lambs to the slaughter to get rid of the threat he poses. I still wonder what the whole think about him being the Yotsuba's greatest sin is about
many of those are circumstantial events. Him publishing under a different name is pragmatic for someone in either his or his sisters position, better to be under the radar than having attention blowing up in the face.
And about she never letting him have his freedom, that's a subjective opinion. Lambs to the slaughter? I think the opposite, she knows what he's good at and let's him utilizes his abilities while still trying to be under the radar. It's a slippery slope to either being found out and being in the shadows to protect his sister.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2014-11-29, 18:36   Link #1030
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post

in their sleeve.
If the Yotsuba publicly reveal Tatsuyas abilities it wouldn't be in an attempt to save themselves from dropping out of the 10MC, it's likely the opposite. They would reveal his identity/abilities in order to surpass the 10MC all together. I'm not sure if they even care about doing so but if their goal is to eclipse the other families then this would be a good way.

"In terms of numbers, the Yotsuba Family were plainly outnumbered by the Saegusa and Ichijou Families. Yet, their combat prowess were comparable. In 1 on 1 confrontations, the Yotsuba would have the advantage. Despite their limited numbers, they were more than capable of becoming the counter-terrorism trump card of the government and carry out any action that went beyond the reach of the law that the government needed. In terms of black ops and assassinations, none among the "Numbered Families" could match the Yotsuba Family. "

The Yotsuba might try to make the other master clans completely redundant. The main use for the 10MC is national defence, if the Yotsuba can become powerful enough on their own to support Japan the entire master clan system may collapse and the Yotsuba alone might be given special privileges. The main problem with this would be that publicly without the Itsuwa Japan would be lacking a stratergic class magician, luckily for the Yotsuba revealing Tatsuya would more than make up for the loss of the Itsuwa.

I kind of doubt that the Yotsuba actually care about surpassing the master clans, but if they do for some reason (Sponsor?) then perhaps they would publicly reveal Tatsuya in order to make themselves the sole useful family to the government. The story could still go heaps of ways at this point though, we still don't even know for sure if Maya has good or bad intentions towards Tatsuya.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 18:42   Link #1031
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

^ I'd like to believe good intentions.... Of course everything can't be good and sometimes she has to play the Bad guy. IMO.

Old 2014-11-30, 02:13   Link #1032
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
still I hope that there won't be bad happening to shiba siblings
Old 2014-11-30, 02:51   Link #1033
Chris38

I don't know if you are aware of it ... but 17 pages of chapter 1 have been published on BT.

So, from the looks of it, some progress on the translation of volume 14 has been made

Last edited by Chris38; 2014-11-30 at 03:18.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 03:10   Link #1034
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
I don't know if you aware of it ... but 17 pages of chapter 1 have been published on BT.

So, from the looks of it, some progress on the translation of volume 14 has been made
Ic thx Chris38
Old 2014-11-30, 09:00   Link #1035
Nicaea

Quote:
But Taurus Silver is due to eventual problems that would rise with patents, considering that Tatsuya is still a minor. It was not the Yotsuba who forced him to take on that name together with ushiyama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
If the Yotsuba publicly reveal Tatsuyas abilities it wouldn't be in an attempt to save themselves from dropping out of the 10MC, it's likely the opposite. They would reveal his identity/abilities in order to surpass the 10MC all together. I'm not sure if they even care about doing so but if their goal is to eclipse the other families then this would be a good way.

"In terms of numbers, the Yotsuba Family were plainly outnumbered by the Saegusa and Ichijou Families. Yet, their combat prowess were comparable. In 1 on 1 confrontations, the Yotsuba would have the advantage. Despite their limited numbers, they were more than capable of becoming the counter-terrorism trump card of the government and carry out any action that went beyond the reach of the law that the government needed. In terms of black ops and assassinations, none among the "Numbered Families" could match the Yotsuba Family. "

The Yotsuba might try to make the other master clans completely redundant. The main use for the 10MC is national defence, if the Yotsuba can become powerful enough on their own to support Japan the entire master clan system may collapse and the Yotsuba alone might be given special privileges. The main problem with this would be that publicly without the Itsuwa Japan would be lacking a stratergic class magician, luckily for the Yotsuba revealing Tatsuya would more than make up for the loss of the Itsuwa.

I kind of doubt that the Yotsuba actually care about surpassing the master clans, but if they do for some reason (Sponsor?) then perhaps they would publicly reveal Tatsuya in order to make themselves the sole useful family to the government. The story could still go heaps of ways at this point though, we still don't even know for sure if Maya has good or bad intentions towards Tatsuya.
Lol, I was trying to explain that.
Old 2014-12-07, 04:43   Link #1036
senjiro
ecchi sage

Yeah, yotsuba is mare powerfull now even, elder kudou told kazama in vol. 4
with maya, miyuki and tatsuya next her almost render all the others 10 masters useless. Yet kudou didnt know tatsuya as strategic nuke magician....
I dont think tatsuya is going to lose his position. Why? Just his position as guardian is the only conection yotsuba has with him, miyuki never bow down to that. Only when tatsuya is busy( 101 battallion, taurus work) there are a phisical barrier for her(minami) so can prevent kidnap and so, the rest tatsuya is able to solve.

Miyuki brocon full power since start of novel tehee!
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 15:02   Link #1037
tshamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
Yeah, yotsuba is mare powerfull now even, elder kudou told kazama in vol. 4
with maya, miyuki and tatsuya next her almost render all the others 10 masters useless. Yet kudou didnt know tatsuya as strategic nuke magician....
I dont think tatsuya is going to lose his position. Why? Just his position as guardian is the only conection yotsuba has with him, miyuki never bow down to that. Only when tatsuya is busy( 101 battallion, taurus work) there are a phisical barrier for her(minami) so can prevent kidnap and so, the rest tatsuya is able to solve.

Miyuki brocon full power since start of novel tehee!
actually, at the end of the meeting between Kudou and Kazama in vol4, Kazama told him that Tats has the power of strategic warhead. to me, I think Kudou knows who blew up the peninsula, when it happened. of course it was never stated if he knew or not.
by the way, after reading the first part of ch1. I felt sick from the brocon thing. I skipped nearly half of the part. it becomes too much just like the anime.
tshamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-07, 17:12   Link #1038
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshamo View Post

actually, at the end of the meeting between Kudou and Kazama in vol4, Kazama told him that Tats has the power of strategic warhead. to me, I think Kudou knows who blew up the peninsula, when it happened. of course it was never stated if he knew or not.
by the way, after reading the first part of ch1. I felt sick from the brocon thing. I skipped nearly half of the part. it becomes too much just like the anime.
In my opinion, the relationship that is borderline incest between the Shiba siblings is part of the charm of Mahouka.....
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 00:20   Link #1039
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
In my opinion, the relationship that is borderline incest between the Shiba siblings is part of the charm of Mahouka.....
Really ? a lot of peoples feel repelled by that thing. But it's your opinion, so it's fine .For me, MC's bad-assness and his interactions with Mayumi are two reasons that keep me to continue reading this novel.
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-08, 01:55   Link #1040
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalorView View Post
Really ? a lot of peoples feel repelled by that thing.
It certainly didn't stop Oreimo from being a huge seller. and that was mostly about the borderline-incest relationship. no fantasy/sci-fi world to distract you.

Rather than the interaction being frustrating for me, I kind of felt that the conversation lacked focus. I really didn't know what miyuki was trying to say or do. i'm gonna chalk it down to translation or editing errors at this point so i'll prob reread later.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, jesus-like mc