AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 11 28.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 28.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-20, 18:26   Link #61
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

think yall are over thinking the whole mikono Alicia being one or reincarnated. Mikono is Ceyannes brother, she has parents and Mikono does look like Ceyannes sister. Mikono and Alicia look nothing alike and nothing in the anime sudgests that she is somehow connected to Alicia.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:31   Link #62
Arya

That's what aquarion is supposed to be !!
even if I didn't catch all the dialogues I did like the episode.
So, first of all, how cute Crea was with that pajamas !!
Speaking of Amata's dream
Spoiler:

Zessica kiss scene was one of the best moments together with BL ones. I'd say a meaningful kiss in many ways. Well made, even if I'm not shipping them.
From what I got, Amata and Kagura are not brothers, but the same person. But looking at the picture, Amata looks like the real one, maybe (are all that posters a hint too? ). And from the last flashback Kagura was already Kagura at the time Alisia flew away. Ah, what a mess.
Another Cheyenne's vision. So now it seems that Amata will go to rescue Mikono. So, nothing new here.
Ah, I agree that Zessica is not dead. Mykage surely saved her.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:40   Link #63
miketyson

kuromitsu: there's also the one time Zessica saw Alisia superimposed over Mikono in class. But yeah, I mean I'm inclined to think this is more an accident of the character designer doing similar enough designs that the two purplish-haired women can't not look similar.

I do think the similarity between the two is about on par with the similarity between Amata and Kagura, that is to say at the level of possible relatedness but not dead-ringers for each other.

But I'd agree 100% that the fact the cast seems clueless about the similarity is either everyone being very polite, some bad writing when it turns out to be a big deal, or -- most likely -- an indication they're not thought of as looking that alike in-show.

If there's something to the resemblance it's more the staff having fun with it than something actually in-universe until proven otherwise.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:54   Link #64
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Zessica kiss scene was one of the best moments together with BL ones. I'd say a meaningful kiss in many ways. Well made, even if I'm not shipping them.
I don't know about well made. ^^;; I'm sure it would've had a bigger impact on me if I wasn't thinking "but Zessica, wtf are you doing, you've just blasted away a bigger rock! (god knows how, but you did it)""

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
kuromitsu: there's also the one time Zessica saw Alisia superimposed over Mikono in class.
That was because in her vision she'd seen Mikono wearing Alisia's Sylphie costume, though. And then even when she did see Alisia-as-Sylphie and had the chance to comment either to Mikono or just to herself, she didn't say anything. (And I don't think everyone is just being polite, I mean, why would they be? ^^;; Alisia is supposed to be really pretty, I'm pretty sure Mikono wouldn't be offended if someone told her she looks like a beautiful actress. Mikono herself praised Alisia's looks in the first episode.)
Old 2012-05-20, 20:24   Link #65
raziel12

i liked it better if they where brothers now we gone down the Kingdom Heart 2 sora and roxas route
Old 2012-05-20, 22:00   Link #66
miketyson

kuromitsu: that's all fair enough. I'm not advancing the "Amakura have mommy issues" line, just saying that they look more alike than the show's writing indicates the characters think they do in-universe. If they wanted Alisia to look more different they could've given her a pale pink or something (or orange-red-gold, if they didn't want to overly obfuscate who her kids are).

It might just be a crutch for the viewer to see Mikono more naturally as movie-Sylphie, though, without feeling as forced. Best dropped though, it's just not that significant a plot point as far as I can tell.
Old 2012-05-20, 23:12   Link #67
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel12 View Post
i liked it better if they where brothers now we gone down the Kingdom Heart 2 sora and roxas route
Which is painful for me, because I like Roxas and I somehow see him on Amata. I pity him so much it hurts.
Old 2012-05-20, 23:57   Link #68
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Eeeugh, I hope Zessica is not dead. Like kuromitsu said above, it'd make her the ultimate woobie. And the character deserves a better fate.
Absolutely not.

It would be a good end for Zessica actually, I would be OK with them leaving her at that. Ask the guy to give her a chance in 12000 years, save him by kissing him and dying. Better than her surviving to angst even more about her onesided love and better than her being even more dragged through the mud by Mykage's machinations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I don't know about well made. ^^;; I'm sure it would've had a bigger impact on me if I wasn't thinking "but Zessica, wtf are you doing, you've just blasted away a bigger rock! (god knows how, but you did it)""
It was well made, and certainly more heartwarming than the halfassed things we got from Amata and Mikono.

And it's pretty obvious why she couldn't use her power to free herself. She made things violently twist or explode, she would have been crush by her own explosion.

Quote:
Like why Kagura put Alisia posters all over Amata's room? XD
Never said it didn't concern Kagura as well...

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-21 at 00:16.
Old 2012-05-21, 00:57   Link #69
raziel12

here's what i think kagura is the real amata and when Alicia was taken that shockwave from Alicia hit kagura and seperated amata from him along with his solarwings and as kagura turns around he see a boy with the same face as his but don't realised his own apperance changed my guess after that Mykage came for him and took him in and named him

so in other words kagura is the real amata that was striped from his apperance and memories and powers passed down to the other amata since kagura had solar wings he was amata but when they was striped from him he took on the apperance of apollo
Apollonius twin soul

(Real Amata)-Kagura with solar wings
----split----
(Kagura)-Real Amata with apperance changed and without solar wing and his memories
(current Amata)-solar wings along with kagura memories
the reason why kagura can't smell amata is cause amata is the human manifestation of solar wing and never suppose to exist so all of Amata memories are not really his memories but kagura memories when amata and kagura was one being
how was that theory

Last edited by raziel12; 2012-05-21 at 01:27.
Old 2012-05-21, 01:27   Link #70
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
It was well made, and certainly more heartwarming than the halfassed things we got from Amata and Mikono.
Well, if you put it that way you're so much more convincing...

Quote:
And it's pretty obvious why she couldn't use her power to free herself. She made things violently twist or explode, she would have been crush by her own explosion.
If that was true Amata would've been killed, too. Also, this is Aquarion, when did physics even matter? No, she didn't blast the rock away because she needed to be trapped for plot and drama reasons. It was pretty silly, sorry.
Old 2012-05-21, 01:39   Link #71
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
^Final Boss Status
Old 2012-05-21, 02:31   Link #72
pingva

Funny in the same kind of place and situation Kagura in the 15 episode wasn't able to rape Mikono and even said that he couldn't make it in this kind of place. Amata is frustrated. On the other hand it seemed that Amagura wanted Mikono to connect to them and make AmataKaguraMikono. Since dream says that when Kagura and Amata are one being they aren't Apollo then I guess they are Apollonius since all his parts in the end of Genesis was in one place and connected by Silvia(Kagura = Apollo + Amata = the part of the soul which was in the Aquarion). The other choice would be for Amagura's name being the name of aborted child of Toma and Aquarion-Apollonius.

Last edited by pingva; 2012-05-21 at 02:53.
Old 2012-05-21, 02:36   Link #73
magnuskn

Quote:
Absolutely not.

It would be a good end for Zessica actually, I would be OK with them leaving her at that. Ask the guy to give her a chance in 12000 years, save him by kissing him and dying. Better than her surviving to angst even more about her onesided love and better than her being even more dragged through the mud by Mykage's machinations.
Yeah, sorry but no. I believe in better fates for characters than "She is finally dead so she doesn't have to suffer no more through bad things". Zessica was someone in the early series who seemed to take agency in her life. I'd like to see her survive and return to doing so.
Old 2012-05-21, 02:56   Link #74
kuromitsu

Frankly, I have no idea what they're planning to do with Zessica from now on (reincarnation and plot hijinks aside). Right now they her entire character revolves around being in love with Amata. Also, they went through all that trouble to make sure the audience feels sorry for her and supports her (seriously, it's been how many episodes, ten? it's ridiculous). So, supposing they won't kill her off eventually (she's definitely not dead just yet), how could they deal with her? They could give her the guy she wants, except the guy hasn't shown any romantic interest in her in 21 episodes, so the only options for that would be basically "forcing" Amata to like her in one way or another (brainwash, etc) which would surely please some fans and shippers but overall it would be hugely disappointing. They could make her accept that Amata is in love with someone else and she has no chance, and move on with her life, but this is anime so that's not even an option. ^^;; Or they could just... leave her like this. Which just wouldn't make sense.

I really have no idea...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-21 at 03:20.
Old 2012-05-21, 03:07   Link #75
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

I have to agree with the above in regards to Zessica (personally not my fav character) but I don't want her to be killed off that way (I was so depressed by Jin's death)...If she is alive she'll probably be on Mykage's side (hopefully not turned into a man LOL...although it would be interesting...I think she would like similar to Kagura XD)...So you guys reckon Amata's feelings will change since Zessica gave him a kiss and pretty much sacrificed herself? It would be nice to see Amata's feelings for Mikono conflicting with that of (possible new feelings for Zessica)...would make it even more interesting and complicated (HAHAHAHA gotta love the drama!!!)...Oh by the way if any of you guys have read the first volume of the Manga...I'm pretty sure Amata has a dream where he is fighting Kagura and Kagura manages to take Mikono away and we fully get to see Amata's wings (they actually LOOK LIKE REAL WINGS...on his feet) and from what I can interpret Amata get's his ass wooped...but in the anime he does not have such a dream but a dream (in this episode) of himself and Kagura and Mikono...but then the preview episode looks similar to Manga Amata's dream LOL...I've just gotten back my excitement for Aquarion Evol!
Old 2012-05-21, 03:21   Link #76
pingva

Quote:
Frankly, I have no idea what they're planning to do with Zessica from now on (reincarnation and plot hijinks aside). Right now they her entire character revolves around being in love with Amata. Also, they went through all that trouble to make sure the audience feels sorry for her and pities her (seriously, it's been how many episodes, ten? it's ridiculous). So, supposing they won't kill her off eventually (she's definitely not dead just yet), how could they deal with her? They could give her the guy she wants, except the guy hasn't shown any romantic interest in her in 21 episodes, so the only options for that would be basically "forcing" Amata to like her in one way or another (brainwash, etc) which would surely please some fans and shippers but overall it would be hugely disappointing. They could make her accept that Amata is in love with someone else and she has no chance, and move on with her life, but this is anime so that's not even an option. ^^;; Or they could just... leave her like this. Which just wouldn't make sense.

I really have no idea...
Mykage's comment about Zessica and Amata was that it's not time to write false tales when Wings of the Sun is awakening. It seems that if you wan to change fate you need to cheer for Zessica and Amata.
Old 2012-05-21, 03:26   Link #77
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets

@WingedMemories hey where did you find the manga?
Old 2012-05-21, 03:37   Link #78
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissix View Post
@WingedMemories hey where did you find the manga?
I actually did not bookmark the webpage so if I find it again I'll just PM you...you can also just google "Amata Wings" and click IMAGES and it should be a Manga version of Amata and his wings...I'm pretty sure someone posted the IMAGE of it here
Old 2012-05-21, 04:22   Link #79
Zuul

If they are going to play the whole romance thing straight (aka a Mikono/Amata ending) then the whole Zessica thing is puzzling, because the only thing she manages apart from making me feel sad for her is to make Mikono's commitment looks like weak crap.

I would really have prefered her to not be involved apart from occasionally lightheartedly poking fun at them like she did in the past.

Crossing fingers for her to be really dead and resting in peace even if it's unlikely.

Quote:
Well, if you put it that way you're so much more convincing...
I won't pretend Amata and Mikono relationship has been well written and heartwarming when it's not to not hurt your shipper feelings.

Quote:
If that was true Amata would've been killed, too. Also, this is Aquarion, when did physics even matter? No, she didn't blast the rock away because she needed to be trapped for plot and drama reasons. It was pretty silly, sorry.
Except the boulders were meters away from Amata, not right on him. So the explosion had good chance to not hurt him, while Zessica has them right on her. She was going to be crushed one way or another.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-05-21 at 04:58.
Old 2012-05-21, 05:39   Link #80
kuromitsu

Quote:
I won't pretend Amata and Mikono relationship has been well written and heartwarming when it's not to not hurt your shipper feelings.
Wait, wait, whose hurt shipper feelings? It's not me who's been hating on Amata and Amata x Mikono almost since day 1 and never ever lets an opportunity slip by to state that Amata x Mikono sucks and Amata is an asshole/Mikono is a bitch (depending on which one of them you dislike more at the moment)... Even in this discussion nobody was even talking about Amata x Mikono, it was you who brought it up because obviously bashing another pairing is the best support for any argument ever. (And just to be clear, I do prefer Amata x Mikono, but I'm used to liking pairings that never end up being canon, so my feelings wouldn't be particularly hurt if other pairings ended up canon, as long as it's done in a believable way.)

With this out of the way...

Quote:
Except the boulders were meters away from Amata, not right on him. So the explosion had good chance to not hurt him, while Zessica has them right on her. She was going to be crushed one way or another.
If we're talking physics then Amata should've died or at least got seriously injured when Zessica blasted that rock away. And even in-universe, Zessica has never been shown to be affected by her power so there's no way she couldn't have blasted herself free. But this is not the first moment in anime when drama takes precedence over logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Mykage's comment about Zessica and Amata was that it's not time to write false tales when Wings of the Sun is awakening. It seems that if you wan to change fate you need to cheer for Zessica and Amata.
I didn't interpret it like that, but even if that would be the case, I don't see how, at this point, Amata x Zessica could happen without being convulted and artificial. I mean, it's been 21 episodes without Amata showing any romantic interest in Zessica. Should we expect Amata to go "well, I've been set on one girl from the start, I've been withstanding sekuhara and wounded puppy eyes and even a confession from Zessica so far, but a kiss? wow! Zessica, here I come! Mikono who?" Or maybe they could pull a "you've been so pitifully in love with me, I suppose I have no other choice but to humor you" stint but that would also come off as forced and unnatural, and it would make me feel the show is trying to offend me. (And frankly, I don't think that any of these solutions would please anyone outside of exta hardcore shippers and/or Zessica fans.) Or I suppose they could go the "I've been in love with you all along" route which would be, well, yeah. Ridiculous wouldn't even start to describe it.

(Then again, this is Aquarion Evol, it wouldn't be the first convulted and artificial solution...)
Closed Thread