AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 13:25   Link #5561
tomexe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The trouble with that is that Ooarai in the International matches would have to be visually distinctive from the opposing teams. And since the most likely ending scenario is Miho vs, Emi, and Emi would likely be fielding German tanks (as she'd from Germany, though if they follow the similar paths as the Japanese, her school could be fielding any sort of nationalites tanks), than Ooarai can't also be fielding a lot of standard German tanks. (The Hetzer and Tiger (P) are decidedly non-standard). The Panzer IV and StuG III are common, but it would be fairly normal to have Emi's team field Panzer IIIs and Panthers instead (much like KMM).

Thus if Ooarai was to be the international team, they would need a larger mixed bag of tanks, as well as either decidely inferior common tanks, or rare tanks in order to be visually different than their opponents. (or happen to not go up against a school that has their common tanks).
Japan had such a poor tank industry in the era who's tanks are legal for Sensha-Do, it seems very reasonable that Japan's Sensha-Do teams are allowed and encouraged to use whatever foreign tanks they want due to the native choices being so poor.

In Europe, you have Germany, England, and Russia all with great tank building programs in the period prior to August 15, 1945. It would seem reasonable that at least in those countries, the majority of contestants would use tanks of native manufacture. Not just from national pride but because they are actually some of the best out there.

Other countries teams like France, Italy and Poland would be more like Japan where they would try to buy the best they could from the big manufacturing countries.

I wonder though if there is Sensha-do in the USA though? Or if its disdained in this world as much as soccer is IRL! Just because Shermans are common, that does not mean that Americans are driving them.
tomexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 13:30   Link #5562
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Want Professionally Made Tank Cakes?

Shame it's a limited time offer.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 13:37   Link #5563
tomexe

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Why not. They can give it to the bunnies. Remember what they first said when they met the M3?

「大砲が二門有るね」(It has two guns)
「大きくで強そう」(It looks big and strong)

Uh, sorry. No. You were fooled.

Let's try giving them something that has two guns, and IS big and strong. The Maus in GuP even moves reasonably well, almost like a real tank
It appears the production staff beleve in the story of Maus No.2 defending Kumersdorf for a day from the Russians in 1945.
It was the only one to have both a working turret and the correct diesel engine that was strong enough to run the generator at full power. With the proper engine it actually was as fast as a Churchill VII.
Still, no bridge could hold its weight.
Old 2013-03-26, 13:39   Link #5564
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomexe View Post
Still, no bridge could hold its weight.
Thus why it stayed in the city and never crossed the bridge

Yes, laugh at my lame pun! Laugh at it!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 13:48   Link #5565
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I'm speechless, that was just mind blowing on the last episode. This is truly the best anime I ever seen in these past seasons and for a long time. I can't believe they took out the Maus in the most unorthodox way. That Porsche Tiger is a tank (metaphorically) and was able to take several heavy hits before it got taken out.

I guess the Jagtiger needs a new turret since its beyond repair.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 14:00   Link #5566
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Finally seen a subbed version. About the only thing odd is that between the end of Episode 11 and the start of Episode 12, Black Forest somehow lost a Jadgpanzer IV. Cause in the Panzeried ending with formation they had 15 tanks plus the Maus and Panzer III in town, now with the Maus reporting they took out two tanks, Black Forest has 16 tanks to Ooarai remaining five tanks. They seem to have lost a tank destroyer someplace in the way. Maybe it took damage earlier and finally broke down, or just broke down.

The loss of the Panzer III was hilarious.

Also they had voices for several of the Black Forest tanks with no faces. I think the Tiger II that went after the Type 89 wasn't Erika's tank, Especially since she's seen stationary talking about taking out the "failed weapon" of a Tiger (P), which put up a valiant fight for a "failure".

Volleyball Team is finally to the point that they want more firepower. They've been one of the most accurate teams in terms of gunnery, but their gun just can't penerate anything it seems. Though how they have a nimble and speedy Type 89 is unknown.

One would assume if they continue on, the Gamer Team will get to actually play rather than get taken out without taking a shot in later matches.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:07   Link #5567
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Wasn't Erika riding a Tiger III?

Yeah, the Volleyball team needs a new tank with a stronger firepower.

I wanted to see the Porsche Tiger duke it out with the Jagtiger, that would have been an epic battle.

So what's next for this Oorai? The world cup is still a few years away, and Maho and Miho eventually need to team up to compete in the world cup.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:15   Link #5568
Tak

Half way throughout Episode 12, I was hoping the Tiger P would take out Erika's KT in the process. Alas, that was not to be so. Someone had to get her off her high-horse, but it never happened.

Though to her credit, she was quite the selfless lass when it concerned Maho. Something else might be happening between the two...

Nonetheless, I really don't know what saved the Pz IV from a direct 88mm hit. Its interesting also that Miho mentioned about her trick failed on the Churchill. I think she forgot she now has a bigger gun compared to what she used to have.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:22   Link #5569
wontaek

Quote:
These people are quick:

Ooarai vs. Maus bit to Yamato music and sound effects:

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
You might say anything to Yamato music and sound effects is superior, to which I struggle to find a case to disprove. Musically speaking, the beginning piece is close to a variation on Bach's Passacaglia , where the Sustained Bass/Pedal Theme and the development from it is very similar in multiple ways. Dessler used to love playing Bach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passacaglia

Not the performance of my choice, but if you use Youtube, you might as well take advantage of its video.

----------------------------------

So, we are talking 2nd season and the Internationale . How will you form the teams? We had several short burst of this talk, but not many takers. Beside, we never considered all 20 tanks anyway. Think not just the tanks, but also the person, and more importantly, THE EGO!
Old 2013-03-26, 14:23   Link #5570
tomexe

Will we ever figure out whos ricchochet knocked out the PzKpfw III?
They were asking for it though, zig zagging behind the Maus trying to see the show instead of staying tucked in behind it.
Karma is a bitch.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:26   Link #5571
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Erika's got the will, but she doesn't have the skills to back it up.

It is telling that at the end, Erika was panicking and rushing to Maho's aid. By that stage she knew they were being outplayed.

By all logic Erika shouldn't have worried about Maho being defeated by a type IV while in a Tiger. In the end Miho had to push her own tank past the breaking point to score a pint blank back shot. But at that point Erika KNEW.

Erika knew that they are facing a better team. That their old plans just aren't working. That everything was falling apart around them as their superiority was being dismantled systematically, and that they could lose.

Erika was terrified. At that point the specifics of how a Tiger is superior to a Type IV was no longer relevant. Because nothing made sense to her anymore, her world was turned upside down.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:28   Link #5572
tomexe

Quote:
Volleyball Team is finally to the point that they want more firepower. They've been one of the most accurate teams in terms of gunnery, but their gun just can't penerate anything it seems. Though how they have a nimble and speedy Type 89 is unknown.

One would assume if they continue on, the Gamer Team will get to actually play rather than get taken out without taking a shot in later matches.
Well, the Turtle team are all graduating... that puts Hetzer up for grabs. But you cant fit 4 in it. So put Anteater in Hetzer and Duck in the Type 3? And hope that the gamers learn to be as good as Anzu and co were?
Old 2013-03-26, 14:29   Link #5573
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

From where the tanks were parked at the end of the street, I'd say it was either the Tiger (P) or the Panzer IV. The Type 89 wouldn't penetrate the front of a Panzer III of that model and the Hetzer and M3 Lee were on the other side of the street and shouldn't have been able to hit that corner of the Panzer III nor that side of the Maus.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:31   Link #5574
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

It is telling that at the end, Erika was panicking and rushing to Maho's aid. By that stage she knew they were being outplayed.

By all logic Erika shouldn't have worried about Maho being defeated by a type IV while in a Tiger. In the end Miho had to push her own tank past the breaking point to score a pint blank back shot. But at that point Erika KNEW.

Erika knew that they are facing a better team. That their old plans just aren't working. That everything was falling apart around them as their superiority was being dismantled systematically, and that they could lose.

Erika was terrified. At that point the specifics of how a Tiger is superior to a Type IV was no longer relevant. Because nothing made sense to her anymore, her world was turned upside down.
Well, Miho used the sole advantage Panzer IV had over Tiger I, which was mobility. Judging from how Tiger I's turret turned too much, even Maho might have anticipated similar maneuver, but didn't know when the desperate gamble would come, and probably couldn't time it just right.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:32   Link #5575
xizro345
King's Justice

Mai Fuchigami (aka Miho's VA) wrote an entry about the finale in her blog:

http://ameblo.jp/fuchigami-mai/entry-11498183471.html

Apologies if it has been posted earlier but I haven't seen it.

Interesting comment near the end of the entry:

Quote:
ガルパンに、みほに出逢っていなかったら、

私は今ここにいなかったかもしれません。
Basically noting that without Miho and the series she probably wouldn't be where she is now.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 14:41   Link #5576
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Well, Miho used the sole advantage Panzer IV had over Tiger I, which was mobility. Judging from how Tiger I's turret turned too much, even Maho might have anticipated similar maneuver, but didn't know when the desperate gamble would come, and probably couldn't time it just right.
As I mentioned earlier, there are many times when Maho was forced to utilise tactics that might not have been the most advantages to herself, but was a requirement of her family's rules.

One example is the final duel. Maho went on the offence and chased Miho all over the place. But why? She could have just parked her tank against a wall (defending the vulnerable back) and force Miho to come to her instead. Miho was in a hurry to finish it quick, while by all logic Maho benefits on delaying until reinforcements arrive.

Had Maho even once played defence, Miho would have lost.

But as I say, Maho was not allowed to be defensive. She NEEDS to charge forward. And thus, she lost.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:43   Link #5577
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
And if I looked at that particular scene... the Ms fired upon each other point-blank.

How is it that a IV survived a 88mm and the Tiger did not survive a 75mm is beyond me

I love plot armor.

- Tak

Old 2013-03-26, 14:45   Link #5578
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Erika was way too deep in the Nishizumi style even further than Maho herself. It's like she wanted to be part of the Nishizumi family. She couldn't accept that a Nishizumi member would stray away from the traditional style and come up with its own style. She simply refused Miho's style all the way.
Old 2013-03-26, 14:46   Link #5579
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Erika was way too deep in the Nishizumi style even further than Maho herself. It's like she wanted to be part of the Nishizumi family. She couldn't accept that a Nishizumi member would stray away from the traditional style and come up with its own style. She simply refused Miho's style all the way.
But I have a feeling that Erika never respected Miho in the first place, before the latter strayed away.

- Tak

Old 2013-03-26, 14:47   Link #5580
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maho did say at the challenge that Nishizumi style never retreats. That might also be a clue for Miho in how to end this.

Erika repeatedly calls to Maho to wait for the rest of them.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks