AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 27 42.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 29.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-14, 20:29   Link #21
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iczelion74
Yup and later Shion jumps from the window after all this madness catches up with her conscience.
Naw, I'm sticking to my guns on this one:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-14, 20:30   Link #22
-kairi-
*Silently Noisy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iczelion74
Yup and later Shion jumps from the window after all this madness catches up with her conscience.
my thoughts about that one
Spoiler for Shion jumping down from the window:
Old 2006-08-14, 20:36   Link #23
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I dont remember ep4 that well but wasnt Tomitake and Takano supposed to be dead before they went into the shrine?
Only Takano was supposed to have been dead by the time the foursome visited the shrine warehouse. I doubt this mystery will be revealed in this arc (since I don't see how this would be done from Shion's point of view), I suspect Takano's real role is revelaed in the next arcs, possibly in the ones not covered by this anime, alas. But of course, that's just speculation.

Quote:
I thought the animation was just... over the top ridiculous. Sure, in episode 7 and a few of the others had pretty awful emo face contortions, but nothing beats the ones given by Shion in this episode.
Quoted for truth. I was kind of wishing for a way to tell the animators - "Dudes, we got that Shion is going mad already, no need for a new ugly distorted Shion face every thirty seconds". As far as I am concerned the effect was more comical than scary, Takano manages to be scary without such stupid efects and the "snake eyes" of the girls from Onikakushi-hen were also scarier than this. It worked in the ladder scene but once you get used to it, it becomes annoying.

Spoiler for who survives this arc speculation:

Old 2006-08-14, 22:27   Link #24
Gains
Rain lover

I'm interested to see that even with the footsteps lurking behind her, Shion still considers everything has a logic reason behind it. Her hypothesis regarding Tomitake's death (device or substance), her deduction on the Onikakushi, and actually throwing the whip towards the footstep.

Her monologue after knowing the meaning of the three fingernails is amazing and it was done without that freaky face in the torture chamber (which I thought was too weird). Her words are straight, bitter, and delivered with much venom that Kimiyoshi freaked out and possibly thought that he has talked to the wrong twin.

Spoiler for Suicide from the window:
Old 2006-08-14, 22:40   Link #25
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gains
Spoiler for Suicide from the window:
Spoiler:

Anyway, the many faces of Sonozaki Shion!
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-14, 23:20   Link #26
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

guys, does this mean what I think it means?:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-15, 03:17   Link #27
hoon
7ON

I thought this episode was going to be the last episode for this arc. ):<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai
Spoiler:
I thought the same thing.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-15, 03:42   Link #28
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoon
I thought the same thing.

Spoiler:
You could be right about the other stuff, but for this part I was thinking...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-15, 07:08   Link #29
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-15, 07:35   Link #30
Nork22

Quote:
Spoiler:
Your image link is dead, but if it's what I think it is, then maybe we were all wrong all along. That or maybe Studio Deen is doing silly things with the animation again and are now making it even more confusing.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-15, 08:46   Link #31
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

(image link REVIVED)
wow, when you put those 2 images together things get VERY confusing.

Or I guess
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-15, 08:56   Link #32
Nork22

Quote:
(image link REVIVED)
wow, when you put those 2 images together things get VERY confusing.

Or I guess
Spoiler:
But it's not quite possible.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-15, 09:01   Link #33
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

but you can't see her back. Her hair's too long.
Old 2006-08-15, 09:42   Link #34
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 2006-08-15, 11:35   Link #35
Ishun

I personally think Rika has something to do with "another person inheriting her (Obaba) true position".
Old 2006-08-15, 14:30   Link #36
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Ishun - you and I think alike. Here's my theory:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-15, 14:44   Link #37
Vulcannis

Quote:
Triplets! Or at least that's what sprung into my head when I saw that.

It would explain the weird body in the well, suicide, hospital paradox, why it seems Mion doesn't have the tattoo in that one shot, and why she claims ignorance for so much stuff she should be privy too. And actually a pretty good reason for sparing Shion's life when she was born--if there are triplets, they can have the public face, a hidden face, and a diversion. Kinda useful.

Of course, there's been absolutely no hint or evidence for it, so I don't think it's true. After all those 4 things are easier explained as delusions, production error, screwing with Shion, and maybe Onibaba just wasn't present at the births since their mother was disowned?

So I guess triplets fails occam's razor... still, it would be funny seeing Shion in her raving glory meeting up with a 3rd sister with REAL power.

And as long as I'm on crazy theories, how about Rena being the real power behind the curse? Bwahahah.
Old 2006-08-15, 14:47   Link #38
Symmetry
安堵竜

My theory for the end of Watanagashi

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-15, 14:57   Link #39
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Wink Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis
Triplets! Or at least that's what sprung into my head when I saw that.

It would explain the weird body in the well, suicide, hospital paradox, why it seems Mion doesn't have the tattoo in that one shot, and why she claims ignorance for so much stuff she should be privy too. And actually a pretty good reason for sparing Shion's life when she was born--if there are triplets, they can have the public face, a hidden face, and a diversion. Kinda useful.

Of course, there's been absolutely no hint or evidence for it, so I don't think it's true. After all those 4 things are easier explained as delusions, production error, screwing with Shion, and maybe Onibaba just wasn't present at the births since their mother was disowned?

So I guess triplets fails occam's razor... still, it would be funny seeing Shion in her raving glory meeting up with a 3rd sister with REAL power.

And as long as I'm on crazy theories, how about Rena being the real power behind the curse? Bwahahah.
I thought of a triplet but your last supposition is what I'm banking on.
Old 2006-08-15, 15:24   Link #40
i0td

So much speculation to read on in this thread and the theory thread. I, for one, am just going to let this mystery play out, and when the series is done, rewatch it from start to finish and place these puzzle pieces together then. This is definitely an exicitng story and the way a little more is learned each episode makes for very good plot development.

After watching more into the series, I have to say that I've transitioned from suspecting a supernatural explanation to one that is rational and just full of coincidences. Keiichi is smart, but I really think he believes in Oyashiro's curse. He believes that everyone is possessed, and because we watched the first arcs from his point of view, I leaned toward the supernatural explanation. However, as later arcs showed us more and more shocking coincidences (the Mion/Shion confusion does help explain quite a bit, especially in these last few episodes), we see that perhaps only an outsider like Keiichi can be fooled into believing the curse.

Shion has been very daring so far. I'm glad we see the mystery beginning to unravel even though Shion has become all the more gruesome. Quite gruesome indeed. I'll be reading more into what you guys think of Rika, because your speculations there have really caught my attention.
Closed Thread