AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-16, 09:40   Link #41
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post

If they don't allow you to have that, then they should ban all the other over-etchii stuff. Just to be fair.
I think I actually remember a similar scene in an avatar someone was using around here a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Yes, you are allowed to do so

The image itself is a bit ... "peculiar" ^^ , but not obscene. There are no problems because as a wallpaper, you're not going to put the image into a context (that would have been the only objection, to put the image into a context like say ... a retort). But that's not the case here, so go ahead.
That's good to hear, I have not guess-traced in a long while, it wouldn't hurt to try it out again.

Once I finish my current trace I may very well give this one a try.
Old 2007-05-20, 12:52   Link #42
PirateSkittles
Organization of Cute

I have a little question ^^;

I've only seen the anime, and I've never read the manga.

So, I was wondering, is the manga as random as the anime, or does it have some plot to it?
Old 2007-05-20, 15:15   Link #43
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
I only have volume 4 and have only seen scanlations of the other volumes, but yeah, it's really random. It's made up of 4-panel comic strips, and you can't stick too much plot in those; think of a 4-panel comic you'd see in the newspaper - the "plot" is set up like those.
Old 2007-05-20, 21:26   Link #44
PirateSkittles
Organization of Cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
I only have volume 4 and have only seen scanlations of the other volumes, but yeah, it's really random. It's made up of 4-panel comic strips, and you can't stick too much plot in those; think of a 4-panel comic you'd see in the newspaper - the "plot" is set up like those.
Ah, I see ^^

How many pages does a single volume contain, in average? Since they're only 4-panel comic strips, there should be a lot of random stuff in there. o.o;;
Old 2007-05-20, 22:39   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Each volume is about 150 pages ... and yes, there's a Huge Amount of material (which is why I'm a bit ambivalent about the time Lucky*Channel subtracts from the main content ).

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-05-24 at 15:01.
Old 2007-05-24, 12:51   Link #46
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I just wanna know when will the other characters appear. We need more loli girls LOL The more the merrier!!! ^__^
Old 2007-05-24, 13:11   Link #47
ClowKusanagi
Face emo change!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I just wanna know when will the other characters appear. We need more loli girls LOL The more the merrier!!! ^__^
Oh, they will come... sooner or later

Just be patient
Old 2007-05-27, 09:50   Link #48
archanfels

Q: When exactly does LS air in Japan every week? Sunday morning?

Just want to know so I have an idea when to expect raw/subbed versions
Old 2007-05-27, 14:31   Link #49
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

archanfels, Chiba Terebi and some other channels AFAICR @ 2400-2430 on Sundays (0000-0030 on Mondays, that is). The time is JST, of course (GMT+9). You can check the current info here.
Old 2007-05-27, 16:35   Link #50
archanfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEB View Post
archanfels, Chiba Terebi and some other channels AFAICR @ 2400-2430 on Sundays (0000-0030 on Mondays, that is). The time is JST, of course (GMT+9). You can check the current info here.
So it airs at midnight? Odd time for an anime...(or is it? I'm not familiar with Japan TV schedules)

Anyways thanks a lot
Old 2007-05-27, 16:56   Link #51
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
So it airs at midnight? Odd time for an anime...(or is it? I'm not familiar with Japan TV schedules)

Anyways thanks a lot
Actually in Japan only popular anime airs during daytime / prime time on the "usual" channels. Canvas 2 and many others (anime that gets more or less otaku'ish or is "not for everyone") are shown during night, that's why Konata is always watching tapes, not the actual translations (放送はTranslationだよね~ まっ、いっかw).
Old 2007-05-27, 18:09   Link #52
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's some legend that decades ago, the japanese commissioned a British research group to determine the best time to air anime..... They came back with UTC times that were misinterpreted as Japan local time.

Probably not true but somewhat amusingly Dilbert-like. ....

After midnight also allows them to be more adult and/or risque in their presentations of anime.
Old 2007-05-27, 18:15   Link #53
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Most logical explanation will be that the prime time slots have been already been paid for by mainstream show that will be watched by the masses and thus generate lots of profit.

Anime, unless those sponsored and produce by big names, are generally meant for the niched markets. Those late night slots are ideal since they are cheap.
Old 2007-05-27, 20:32   Link #54
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Most logical explanation will be that the prime time slots have been already been paid for by mainstream show that will be watched by the masses and thus generate lots of profit.

Anime, unless those sponsored and produce by big names, are generally meant for the niched markets. Those late night slots are ideal since they are cheap.
Quite right. There's another little fact that makes it more profitable than we might think (that I'm sure MakubeX2 knows): The target audience for most anime that ends up running late night/early morning is also the sort that's dedicated enough to either stay up or record it!

The majority of TV viewers are "casual" viewers, and while they might become rabid about a certain program, watch TV because it's a convenient way to waste time, and wouldn't watch if it took any extra effort. We watch programs because we are fans, and are willing to put in the effort (and money, and time, and... etc).
Old 2007-05-28, 12:45   Link #55
LadyMadChan

Lucky Star - References

I've just discovered Lucky Star at Anime North! Even though I'm not really understanding and even picking up on all the references I'm still loving it. I've heard that the group WinD explains references, but I've also heard that AFK is the better group to go with (even though they don't really explain those). Is it possible for someone to create a thread where people can explain the references in each episode for people like me?
Old 2007-05-28, 17:03   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll put in a cheer for EnA's fansubs... they just seem to strike a nice balance between "translating conservatively" and providing enough context so you understand most of the jokes.

We tried a "reference thread" I think... part of the problem is that many of the viewers see more references than there really are (mistaking parts of every day japanese life for significant references to some favorite anime or not realizing that the anime is simply adapting what is in the manga many times).
Old 2007-05-29, 15:45   Link #57
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well this post should be on the thread request page, but I just wanna ask if ever all the Lucky Star characters are introduced will Shiraishi Minoru and Konata's Dad be added on the poll? Since their the only guys there that has the most air time and character development...though Minoru seems to be always been abused by Akira
Old 2007-05-29, 17:51   Link #58
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Well this post should be on the thread request page, but I just wanna ask if ever all the Lucky Star characters are introduced will Shiraishi Minoru and Konata's Dad be added on the poll?
The current poll is only for the main characters. Another poll listing all characters will be made after all the characters have been introduced.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2007-05-30, 19:16   Link #59
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Q: is cousin yui the daughter of Konatas dad sister ?
Old 2007-06-04, 16:21   Link #60
X207
Gamyūsa

i have noticed a few times theres a chant that goes "aya aya....." wats that all about?
Closed Thread