4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 4.79%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-05, 16:15   Link #121
hamstar
just passing by

Judging by how many 9's and 10's I see for this episode it doesnt really surprise me of the number of fanyboys that immediately jump to defend this series. But come on....you just have to admit that many things were simply poorly done. I've already mentioned a few glaring errors which I hope some of you already noticed. It also really made me shudder when I saw the pink MS shooting *pew pew pew pew pew pew*.

Having said that I don't think this series will ever sink to level of trash seed/destiny was, and if it does, God help us.
Old 2007-11-05, 16:38   Link #122
Bocca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
Having said that I don't think this series will ever sink to level of trash seed/destiny was, and if it does, God help us.
, I see nothing wrong with GS/GSD except the issue of reused scenes in GSD.
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 16:46   Link #123
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Judging by how many 9's and 10's I see for this episode it doesnt really surprise me of the number of fanyboys that immediately jump to defend this series. But come on....you just have to admit that many things were simply poorly done. I've already mentioned a few glaring errors which I hope some of you already noticed. It also really made me shudder when I saw the pink MS shooting *pew pew pew pew pew pew*.

I saw the "errors" that you mentioned.
Quote:
some comments:

-why pink? Does Sunrise insist on shooting themselves in the foot?

-halleluja's sudden personality change.....that was pretty stupid imo. It seems like they are compensating for his lack of character by just giving him a psychological disorder for viewers to awe at.

-space sniping, cutting clouds, very over the top. Did you all see how well lockon was able to snipe the tiny dots on his monitor? Well done, Sunrise.

-louise's relationship comedy = out of place for gundam.

-seems like gundam is not failing to disappoint with each successive episode.
Well the pink ms I agree with you but I have seen uglier ms in the past and one ugly ms doesn't ruin the whole episode. About Allelujah having split personality, well like you said it was your opinion and I didn't find it stupid. It was interesting for me and well we are finally finding about more about his character. And it's freaking 300 years into the future I think they have enough technology to snipe into the space. What do you mean by saying out of place for Gundam? because after G I don't know what's how of place for Gundam anymore. And people have different opinion on the show don't say that other people's opinion are bad they all have their own reason for giving it a nine or a ten.
Old 2007-11-05, 16:51   Link #124
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
They're afraid of getting the attention of the "perfect translation" police.
Well speed-subs have the distinct quality of not having to be perfect, but "good enuff" for viewing...The problem is every group wants to be the "quality" group, and while that's awesome for archiving, it leaves veiwers who just want a quick general idea (for discussion thread posting) out in the rain...Do I read the thread and get spoiled? Do I watch the Raw and kill that element for surprise or discovery later on? Or do I wait 5, 6 days later when the discussion thread is dead to post my thoughts? All 3 options kinda suck for me...

It seems the first speed-subbers lost a translator or something so they're outta the game and the other guys are taking their time yet still being blasted for bad translations, and the really good guys take forever anyways (as it should be, although their copies sometimes give my CPU pnemonia)...We need the crappy guys to give us a hand right now^^...

Crappy Guys' Where you at?
Old 2007-11-05, 16:58   Link #125
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Transforming Gundam Meister has a transforming Gundam, how fitting :O

I'm in with the "Pink MS is stupid" group.

I don't really mind the space sniping though. I mean, yes, that's Gundam Wing level of overpowered BS, but at least he had to fasten himself down with some hardcore sniping gear.
I assume the Kyrios was feeding Dynames with targeting data.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 17:16   Link #126
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I swear to God I didn't even pay attention to the pink MS until I heard some people b!tching about it...Well with Bandai you gotta take the good with the bad sometimes and Mizushima has always contended from the start he was still gonna have some superficial elements (like in GS and GSD)...The point of 00, based on all the interviews pre-production IMO, is that it wants to be SOOPA, but more realistic SOOPA and it still wants to cater to that fringe element that diggs something like a pink MS without alienating those who wanted a G-series much different from the Cosmic era...I actually thought the pink MS was pretty cool (The design of the MS that is) until I read here that I'm suppose to dislike it because GSD sucked...Well I guess I'll re-evaluate things now...
Old 2007-11-05, 18:25   Link #127
Bocca
Banned

I like the pink MS & its pilot.

It's not bright pink of Meer's Zaku, with no gibberish writing on it or heart shapes......
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 18:50   Link #128
Kageh
Union Ace

yeah, this series needs a speed subber....
Kageh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 19:32   Link #129
Kohitsuji

I don't know how you guys can handle dealing with incorrect translations like in what happened for episode three. I personally would be offended if I was watching a series and didn't realize that lines were translated incorrectly resulting in a different interpretation than what was originally intended. Speedsub or not, it doesn't excuse flagrant errors.
Kohitsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 20:24   Link #130
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

You wanna see 9's and 10's then just look at the Gurren Lagann board. This is tame by comparison. In fact it's not even bad at all, it's one of the most consistantly diverse polls in terms of how people vote. The series seems pretty low on the fanboy count if you ask me compared to many other shows that have come out this year.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 20:25   Link #131
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Speaking of subs...

Mendoi just released their mkv.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 21:01   Link #132
icealchemist
troll4hire
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to icealchemist Send a message via MSN to icealchemist
and .ass and xvid
icealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 23:37   Link #133
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I think 00 is setting up for a plot, whether or not that plot will appear is something to discuss on a later date. I think it will show up though... eventually.

I think it's not fair to call the show cliche yet.

I think there are some stuff in this series that makes 00 different than the other Gundam shows. I wouldn't want 00 to be totally different anyway... I am giving 00 a chance because it is "Gundam," if this show deviates too much from that I would be disappointed.

I think pink robot is okay. Not the colour of my choice, but as long as it can fight it shouldn't matter all that much, I guess.

Characterization wise... I think it's kind of fun that someone has duo-personality and actually talks to the dormant personality regularly. Soma... well I can't say I like her right now, but I can't say I hate her either.

I still find Miss Wang a waste of screen time (I know, I know, she has fan service value and she probably makes the show more popular by being there... but she really doesn't do anything for me).
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 00:10   Link #134
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched the Conclave-Mendoi sub of Episode 5.

There's comedy, there's character development, and there's well-executed, gripping drama. Despite the logical inconsistencies which the Gundam franchise inevitably comes with, it doesn't affect the fact that Episode 5 is what I would term the "perfect episode".

Therefore, no regrets whatsoever in my giving a 10. 'Nuff said.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 00:33   Link #135
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

People give it 10, because they don't see any bad point in this ep, because they are satisfied with everything it gives us, and this makes them become fanboy .
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 00:33   Link #136
Jays

Best episode to date. My goodness, it left me an thirst for the next one unlike no other!

I mean it had everything like Ascaloth pointed out, everything about it was awsome to the point of, if this gets any better I erm... well, am gonna have to start taking Gundam more seriously.

Fantastic episode. I loved the split personality disorder of Allelujah, as well as his past connections with that little runt and his personal motivations. Finally a human character; he's becoming my favorite character fast! I loved his line "An accident?...(smirks) My condolences." Can't get enough of that, hopefully that will lead to some awsome moments in the future. Not to mention Lockon Stratos and his "uber leet" Dynames; still diggin' the sniper gundam idea.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 00:43   Link #137
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
Haha for all of you out there who don't know why the MS is pink... its a tactical AID!!!! Imagine your reaction if you saw a pink MS attack you?
Itadakimasu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 00:45   Link #138
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Pink + Psycho = Win!!
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 00:45   Link #139
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
Haha for all of you out there who don't know why the MS is pink... its a tactical AID!!!! Imagine your reaction if you saw a pink MS attack you?
I don't know about you, but I'd probably start making my own MS dance.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 00:53   Link #140
sANDEKERU

Best episode this far imo, now we are finaly getting somewhere!

o[T_t]-o '-(X__x)-'
sANDEKERU is offline   Reply With Quote