AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-06-20, 18:02   Link #10581
thor94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Not that I condone with wcthesecret's posts, but I must admit we're similar in how we don't like seeing Cruz mistreated. However, I don't mind the genderbending, because I believe that serves a greater purpose. What I really want Cruz to have by the end of the Part II is one true friend. e.g. Blade and Eve, Set and Solva. Maybe this angel is that friend.
Yep
Excepting mio, Cruz has never had real friend.
Until the end of part1 he have had a crappy life and all people in needless saw cruz as tool/burden/sextoy/stooge/asshole. Probably the worst fate for a main character in the manga history of japan (114 chapters without real gratitude or respect from his comrades).
I hope if there is a new part (in my opinion, it shouldn't be before many years because imai says his next project is not linked with needless 1), Cruz will become a more important and useful character respected by his comrades.
thor94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 20:57   Link #10582
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor94 View Post
Yep
Until the end of part1 he have had a crappy life and all people in needless saw cruz as tool/burden/sextoy/stooge/asshole. Probably the worst fate for a main character in the manga history of japan (114 chapters without real gratitude or respect from his comrades).
I hope if there is a new part (in my opinion, it shouldn't be before many years because imai says his next project is not linked with needless 1), Cruz will become a more important and useful character respected by his comrades.
Yeah, and also, hopefully try and help him turn back into a man.
wcthesecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 22:08   Link #10583
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor94 View Post
Yep
Ya see, THS GUY GETS IT!!! I just want this kid to have respect and dignity in himself and from others.
Old 2013-06-21, 05:02   Link #10584
Homura7

If his next work isn't related to Needless but something else, it doesn't matter, I'll look forward to any new work Imai does, he has won my respect. Sure we want to see the continuation of his main series as soon as possible, but I don't think a year or so of wait would be that hard to endure, right?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 11:09   Link #10585
wcthesecret

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
If his next work isn't related to Needless but something else, it doesn't matter, I'll look forward to any new work Imai does, he has won my respect. Sure we want to see the continuation of his main series as soon as possible, but I don't think a year or so of wait would be that hard to endure, right?
If you're worried about Cruz, then yes it it will be, but not me.
Old 2013-06-21, 13:46   Link #10586
Avvesione

Quote:
I'm not sure why it'd be anything else but Needless. I mean, he's had this story in his head since the late 90s, and it's clear from how Part 1 ended that he intends to continue the story with Part 2 sometime soon.

One thing I'm curious about is that with the 16th volume coming out in September if there'll be some additional pages added or an epilogue of sorts. As far back as I can remember, the volumes always came out a month following the last chapter chapter that was published for that volume, but this one is waiting 2 additional months. Besides taking a vacation and planning out the story for Needless 2, you can't help but wonder if he'll add something extra to Volume 16 that he wasn't able to add in these latest issues of Ultra Jump.
Old 2013-06-21, 21:21   Link #10587
Homura7

I know, I was just making hypothesis. Needless is Imai's magnum opus, to which he has been devoted since the late 90. Also, whenever an author who had already been serialized once begins a new work in the same magazine, for a completely new series normally it takes up to 3 years. Unless... is something the author had been working for long.

In his official website Imai commented that it took him 3 days to draw only the colorspread. To complete one chapter he spends around two or three weeks, more or less.

It's the same thing it happened with Araki Hirohiko, author of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure whose most recent work is also being serialized in the same magazine. After he ended the sixth part of his series there was immediatly an announcement in the next number that he would release a new series next year.

No author suddenly announces a new work one day after just finishing his most recent unless, as I said above, he had been working with it for months/years.

Now back to topic. I wonder what in the world happened during those 2 years for someone like Teruyama who hates staying idly with passion to become a gate keeper of the City. It's very likely related to the same reason the gates of the City are now open for anyone to cross to the other side, except needlesses, who get instantly killed if they ever try to trespass the gate.
Old 2013-06-22, 12:57   Link #10588
Ynot

After ten years of drawing the same series, I certainly could understand it if the author would want to try something different. When reading the last chapter of Needless to me there's really no pressing need or feeling the next part should start up anytime soon. In fact, Imai Kami already specifically stated his next work is not going to be Needless 2.

I don't know whether that next thing is going to be very short after which he could return to Needless 2 or whether it might take years, but he did acknowledge he would return to it at some time. So just don't be too surprised if we're going to be waiting a very long time for part 2 to start.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 14:01   Link #10589
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
In fact, Imai Kami already specifically stated his next work is not going to be Needless 2.
Just curious, where did you read that?
Old 2013-06-22, 14:05   Link #10590
Homura7

I think the info comes from his official website. He said that he may try something new, but adds at the end that Needless will eventually return.

I just hope if this is the case it won't take him more than a year. One month without Needless is hard enough for me to endure
Old 2013-06-22, 14:06   Link #10591
Kurohane

Quote:
After ten years of drawing the same series, I certainly could understand it if the author would want to try something different. When reading the last chapter of Needless to me there's really no pressing need or feeling the next part should start up anytime soon. In fact, Imai Kami already specifically stated his next work is not going to be Needless 2.

I don't know whether that next thing is going to be very short after which he could return to Needless 2 or whether it might take years, but he did acknowledge he would return to it at some time. So just don't be too surprised if we're going to be waiting a very long time for part 2 to start.
Well, other than Needless, his other works aren't as long, not even a quarter length of Needless I. I believe he did all of them while doing Needless. Angoromoa-chan no Chikyū Shinryaku Nikki was being written around the same time as the first Needless chapters. Shirasuna Mura and Katatsumuri-chan were concepted in 2006, though Shirasuna Mura took precedence as it was finished first, and both were only 3 volumes.

I'm not going to assume this new work will be the same length as those two. It may be just as long as Needless for all I know. However, Imai-san has worked on other series while working on Needless. Needless II could be released while this series is running. I just hope we don't have to wait too long e.g. after we've forgotten mostly everything in Part I.

Quote:
I think the info comes from his official website. He said that he may try something new, but adds at the end that Needless will eventually return.

I just hope if this is the case it won't take him more than a year. One month without Needless is hard enough for me to endure
Has he updated his website? Avvesione noted he hasn't updated it in years.
Old 2013-06-22, 14:15   Link #10592
Avvesione

Quote:
Has he updated his website? Avvesione noted he hasn't updated it in years.
Not years, exactly, but the front page has been the same since March, 2012.

I did see he wrote a new diary post for this month, following the publication of Ultra Jump, though.
Old 2013-06-22, 14:30   Link #10593
Homura7

Given how he has been working with many works simultaneously, is safe to say Needless II may be serialized along with that new series, in the same magazine or another from the same publisher.

Also no other work of his will ever be as long or longer than Needless for one easy to understand reason, and that is the fact he has been working with it for over a decade.

But let's get back to the main topic. Have you noticed that Needless II will start with even more misteries than Needless?

First of all there's the mistery of Adam N. Whoever is, she's not Blade & Eve, and not just because of the lack of Doppelganger, but also because of something Adam C. says:

"I heard you were created as a chromosome XY, but it seems you're a girl like me. I'm your successor after you disappeared during the experiment"

It's clear from these words that something BIG had to happen during those 2 years.

As if it couldn't be made more confusing, there's also that pic of Eve in Imai's website where there's written below the following: Needless 2. So this means Blade & Eve unfused. But then who's this Adam N.?

And then there's Madam Black and how did she find Adam N. and took her.

So this means Needless II will start similar to Needless, with the origins and now the identity too of the main character wrapped in mistery. I'm certain when I say that Ishiyama's Blackout Invoke will play a fundamental part in this.

Then there's Gido, who is eventually going to come back and stronger than ever, since Saten could regenerate despite he was just a piece of brains.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:06   Link #10594
Deathscyther

Quote:
But let's get back to the main topic. Have you noticed that Needless II will start with even more misteries than Needless?

First of all there's the mistery of Adam N. Whoever is, she's not Blade & Eve
Why does this Adam N have to be different? She's clearly the merge of Blade and Eve. Her appearance and her clothes are the same as her in chapter 114 of Needless, including Blade's choker. That alone doesn't prove much, but she clearly has the personalities of both Blade and Eve in her too (judgement execution, forgetting names, calling people Yamada). She seems to remember that she is a failed experiment as well.

Quote:
and not just because of the lack of Doppelganger
I'm taking this with a grain of salt. Her memories are a mess and she keeps forgetting stuff. Basically, something is going on with her brains. And how are fragments obtained/used? By unlocking certain parts of your brains. I think she just forgot that (and how) she can use doppelganger.

Quote:
but also because of something Adam C. says:

"I heard you were created as a chromosome XY, but it seems you're a girl like me. I'm your successor after you disappeared during the experiment"
Ishiyama and 666 weren't there when Blade and Eve merged. The only ones there were the gang, Saten, Gido and Kasumi. Since 666 are probably the ones who continued the cloning program, it's logical that they don't know that Adam N. is female now.

Quote:
As if it couldn't be made more confusing, there's also that pic of Eve in Imai's website where there's written below the following: Needless 2. So this means Blade & Eve unfused. But then who's this Adam N.?
This could be a picture of Eve after Adam N. changes back into Blade and Eve during Needless 2.

Also, any character with doppelganger could change himself/herself into Eve.

Quote:
And then there's Madam Black and how did she find Adam N. and took her.
I think that the killer girls Yamada and Mio will play a role here. They have a connection with her, I guess.

I mean, they all started their journey together at the end of Needless, so it's strange that Adam N. is alone in Needless 1.5. Maybe something happened to her and the others decided to leave her there for the moment under the protection of Madam Black.

Quote:
So this means Needless II will start similar to Needless, with the origins and now the identity too of the main character wrapped in mistery. I'm certain when I say that Ishiyama's Blackout Invoke will play a fundamental part in this.
I think Ishiyama doesn't even know anything about the creation of Adam N. (see my reaction above), so I don't think he's got anything to do with it.

Quote:
Then there's Gido, who is eventually going to come back and stronger than ever, since Saten could regenerate despite he was just a piece of brains.
There's that, although I think he'll be used by the Angels as well.

I'm not even sure if Saten is really dead. The Adams with doppelganger are like Cell from DBZ. It's like they can survive as long as even one small piece of them remains. Combine this with the fact that Kasumi was there in the room with only half of her brains. We didn't see anything of her during the last chapter.
Old 2013-06-22, 16:39   Link #10595
Ynot

Quote:
Well, other than Needless, his other works aren't as long, not even a quarter length of Needless I. I believe he did all of them while doing Needless. Angoromoa-chan no Chikyū Shinryaku Nikki was being written around the same time as the first Needless chapters. Shirasuna Mura and Katatsumuri-chan were concepted in 2006, though Shirasuna Mura took precedence as it was finished first, and both were only 3 volumes.

I'm not going to assume this new work will be the same length as those two. It may be just as long as Needless for all I know. However, Imai-san has worked on other series while working on Needless. Needless II could be released while this series is running. I just hope we don't have to wait too long e.g. after we've forgotten mostly everything in Part I.

Yes, he's been drawing all of those while drawing Needless. I haven't really been keeping myself informed, but allthough"Angoromoa-chan no Chikyū Shinryaku Nikki" and "Juryoku Sentai Require!!" were just one vol, "Katatsumuri-chan" is finished and has five vols and as far as I know "shirasuna mura" is still ongoing and has 8 vols(almost 9). If Needless 2 would be released while the new work is published it would have to be done in another magazine. If not thereīd be two different stories of the same author in the same monthly magazine and as far as I know, correct me if Iīm wrong, thatīs highly unusual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I did see he wrote a new diary post for this month, following the publication of Ultra Jump, though.
That's where I got my info. (to answer your earlier question)
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 16:44   Link #10596
Kurohane

Quote:
Yes, he's been drawing all of those while drawing Needless. I haven't really been keeping myself informed, but allthough"Angoromoa-chan no Chikyū Shinryaku Nikki" and "Juryoku Sentai Require!!" were just one vol, "Katatsumuri-chan" is finished and has five vols and as far as I know "shirasuna mura" is still ongoing and has 8 vols(almost 9). If Needless 2 would be released while the new work is published it would have to be done in another magazine. If not thereīd be two different stories of the same author in the same monthly magazine and as far as I know, correct me if Iīm wrong, thatīs highly unusual.
Wow, I got my info from ANN. Who knew their info on this was so outdated.

I mentioned Shirasuna Mura, yet I didn't find an opportunity to bring this up, about a character's persona in this world, but more importantly gender.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wish I knew what role she played in this manga.
Old 2013-06-22, 18:52   Link #10597
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
Why does this Adam N have to be different? She's clearly the merge of Blade and Eve. Her appearance and her clothes are the same as her in chapter 114 of Needless, including Blade's choker. That alone doesn't prove much, but she clearly has the personalities of both Blade and Eve in her too (judgement execution, forgetting names, calling people Yamada). She seems to remember that she is a failed experiment as well.
And while we are at it I can also sense a third personality in her. That "I was truly needless" or "as long as you need me I can't lose!", I only know one person who would say such words.

Quote:
This could be a picture of Eve after Adam N. changes back into Blade and Eve during Needless 2.
It could and can be, but Eve also appears in the Black Spot doujin.

Quote:
Also, any character with doppelganger could change himself/herself into Eve.
Nah, I'm sure that one is Eve.

Quote:
I mean, they all started their journey together at the end of Needless, so it's strange that Adam N. is alone in Needless 1.5. Maybe something happened to her and the others decided to leave her there for the moment under the protection of Madam Black.
Or Black Madam found her alone lying unconscious and took care. At least this is what her words seem to suggest.

Quote:
I think Ishiyama doesn't even know anything about the creation of Adam N. (see my reaction above), so I don't think he's got anything to do with it.
Should have clarified. I mean because he wouldn't know who Adam N. is, he might use Blackout Invoke on her to find the answer.

Quote:
There's that, although I think he'll be used by the Angels as well.

I'm not even sure if Saten is really dead. The Adams with doppelganger are like Cell from DBZ. It's like they can survive as long as even one small piece of them remains. Combine this with the fact that Kasumi was there in the room with only half of her brains. We didn't see anything of her during the last chapter.
If Saten had really died he wouldn't be able to complete whatever he was scheming with Yamada, so I agree he probably hasn't said his last. There's the possibility his leftovers travelled through to a different timeline. Or much easier, his brains fuse with Kasumi's.

A lot can happen in just 2 years. God knows how things went for Teruyama to guard the gates of the City or for Adam N. to lose her memories.
Old 2013-06-22, 20:13   Link #10598
Kurohane

When and how does Eve make an appearance in Black Spot, if I may inquire?
Old 2013-06-22, 20:27   Link #10599
Homura7

In that image with multiple panels from the doujin joined together forming a mosaic, you can sight one featuring a woman who wears a familiar-looking attire.
Old 2013-06-22, 22:29   Link #10600
erapath

I afraid Imai will drop Needless for 2 years to make readers have feeling like a character in Needless. (Endless Eight joke)

Saten Shouldn't died, we still no know why his over protecting Cruz. And more reason he is my second favorite character.
erapath is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen