AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-13, 06:30   Link #1201
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
I'd be surprised if the actual Picture Drama announced anything. Summaries have been out for about four months by now and the story is not something anyone (sane) would want to use as a foundation for a new project. Sure, I could definitely be wrong, but I think it's much more probable that the "hint" is hidden within "Kiseki no Birthday" - the event itself.

By the way, they sure know what to say in order to make people buy DVDs and BDs. Viral marketing deluxe.
Heh heh, funny you should say that...

Translation of KnB DVD announcement in bottom left corner:
“Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion: Kiseki no Birthday”
In addition to the cover design of the Kiseki no Birthday event, picture drama’s editing and compilation has been completed. (Meaning they’ve finally put it on DVD.) In addition to the “Miracle of the BABA theatre” (Not sure what that means, though apparently “kiseki” means miracle or marvel here), it’s also been decided that a clip of the new Code Geass, as well as the title and staff, will be announced in it! You have to see it!

...Yes, they're DEFINITELY milking this for all it's worth. Still, I WANT to see the clip of the new Code Geass. Just ten more days...
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 07:56   Link #1202
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I hope the clip actually shows something. Seen too many preview clips that don't show anything. Hope it turns out well whatever will be shown for CG.
Old 2010-04-13, 09:00   Link #1203
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Same here. They have a tendency to make previews that show absolutely nothing. They could at least give us some plot detail or the such, though they haven't done that in the past; so it's a pipedream probably

I don't think they will show too much, but at least something other then a black screen, some pictures, and script. I just hope when it comes to America (if at all) they don't switch voice actors around.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 12:29   Link #1204
Xander

Thanks for all the translations, Eternal Dreamer.

Thinking back, I believe one preview did show a lot, back in the day: on the second DVD magazine (a fan disc, of sorts, that was released between both seasons) there was a trailer for R2 with actual footage from episode one. I don't think it would be too hard for Sunrise to do something similar this time around, if they already have enough new material available. Even a brief clip would be interesting and, more importantly, we'd have something concrete to talk about: 30 seconds to a minute can still start endless debates.

I am actually fairly interested in finding out if the staff will change for this new project. Taniguchi is working on the manga at the moment, which may or may not be enough to keep him out of the next Code Geass production, but I haven't really heard anything about whatever Okouchi's been up to these days. I wonder if he'll be involved somehow in this upcoming work.

Then again, perhaps having a completely different staff in charge would bring some interesting changes to the formula, for better or for worse, so we'll see.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 12:58   Link #1205
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
except Lelouch isn't one of "the folks like CC"
he's one of the dead folks
so he won't be coming back, unless its a flashback
Barring some resurrection, of course.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 13:37   Link #1206
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Yeah, We haven't heard much about what Okouchi been up to. Wouldn't be surprised if he's still there since apparently Taniguchi is doing the new manga. I remember those interviews after the ending it seemed like Okouchi would stay. He just didn't seem too sure about everyone else.
Old 2010-04-13, 14:59   Link #1207
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
I wouldn't mind seeing a Lost Colors OVA but I doubt that'll happen. Gotta wait and see what Sunrise decides.
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 15:05   Link #1208
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I hope we never see Lelouch again. The debate over his demise should be debated for ages and never be resolved. It's one of the things that made Geass so good. However, if this series is about events that take place before the first series, then it's all good.

Lelouch should stay dead.
Old 2010-04-13, 15:11   Link #1209
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

What? A Rai x harem OVA? Fine by me, long as there is a scene of Kallen and Rai to exploi-- I mean, look at (...and make as a sig/avi as an after thought.)

It's all up in the air... yet again. Whatever Okouchi does, he'll probably do well depending on the staff he has. Personally? I like that Lost Colors OVA idea. Where there is Rai, there has to be romance of some sort. (...Karai! Karai! Karai!... do I have my Karai yet? No?.. aww.)

I'm more interesting in what they will do with the chance of making new characters. They might actually make Rai a 'new' character for all we know. Which would be interesting to see. (Plus I get to make a sig/avi of him as an afterthought...)

Edit:

@dragoZERO: I absolutely agree with you. I personally want Lelouch to remain dead, if not for the show's integrity.
Old 2010-04-13, 18:16   Link #1210
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I hope we never see Lelouch again. The debate over his demise should be debated for ages and never be resolved. It's one of the things that made Geass so good. However, if this series is about events that take place before the first series, then it's all good.

Lelouch should stay dead.
Actually, the way it happened is one of the things that made the latter part of the series such a clusterfuck.

But he should stay dead unless logically resurrected.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 18:41   Link #1211
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Actually, the way it happened is one of the things that made the latter part of the series such a clusterfuck.

But he should stay dead unless logically resurrected.
"Logically resurrected"? Would you care to expand upon this please. I agree he should stay dead, but you've got me curious now!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 18:46   Link #1212
Boduar

IMO hes alive he obviously got his geass upgraded and just geass'ed the entire world at once with his upgraded version and gave them fake info.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 18:58   Link #1213
Ten-Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
"Logically resurrected"? Would you care to expand upon this please. I agree he should stay dead, but you've got me curious now!
Epic-style logically - "After the years of calm, a new mighty Evil rises... World is torn apart by wars, the former members of student council gather themselves in the dark and forgotten building of Ashford Academy, where CC, Nunnally and Kallen revive Lelouch by a blood pact ritual and instruct him to establish an acceptable future again..."

StarWars-style logically - CC changes Lelouch's body before the funeral and transports the real one to the secret Geass Cult HQ where he being returned to life by a combination of ancient powers and modern medic technologies, but he couldn't move, act and speak without black Zero-costume.
Ten-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 19:34   Link #1214
Xander

As long as we're all speculating...let's think about other options.

I don't think Lelouch needs to be physically revived. You could actively involve him in the show, somehow, by establishing a link to the World of C, which would probably mean making the Geass side of the story more important and may lead to an explanation of some of the mysteries that the original series left unresolved. Things could quickly get complicated, I imagine, but it's far from impossible to bring Lelouch into the new project by doing something along those lines.

In the end, however, I'd rather not get too carried away with such thoughts and wait for more information.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 20:41   Link #1215
Lost Cause

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten-Go View Post
Epic-style logically - "After the years of calm, a new mighty Evil rises... World is torn apart by wars, the former members of student council gather themselves in the dark and forgotten building of Ashford Academy, where CC, Nunnally and Kallen revive Lelouch by a blood pact ritual and instruct him to establish an acceptable future again..."

StarWars-style logically - CC changes Lelouch's body before the funeral and transports the real one to the secret Geass Cult HQ where he being returned to life by a combination of ancient powers and modern medic technologies, but he couldn't move, act and speak without black Zero-costume.
I like the epic one myself! The Star Wars one smacks of Darth Vader!! Although the heavy breathing would have me LMAO!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 20:52   Link #1216
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Let the dead rest. That includes Lelouch, Shirley... and to my disdain, Rolo. They all deserve it. They've been through enough.

If they have to add Kallen, I just hope they don't do anything stupid....

They can drop CG, it's a good anime.. Well, outside of the ZR thing that is. What I want to see? A remake of R2

Doubt it though, though what happens, happens. No real need to fret over it. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

For now, let's hope they don't plan on doing anything stupid.
Old 2010-04-13, 21:03   Link #1217
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Rolo should be brought back...only to die slowly and painfully.
Old 2010-04-13, 21:25   Link #1218
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I believe shaming the sanctity of the dead is appalling, if not outright sin. Rolo had his share of hardships, hating him just because he killed Shirley is one-sided and spiteful... Though I know the feeling.

If they did make a R2 remake, they might actually spare Shirley. Therefore making leave for Rolo's Remake redemption. Then again... It's doubtful.

Rolo was a victim in his own manner. Though I do admire his 'efficiency'.
Old 2010-04-13, 21:30   Link #1219
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

If they ever do remake R2 please for the love of god Sunrise don't make Shirley continue with her annoying LULULULULULULULULU spam every time she is on the damn screen and make Rolo live so he can marry Nunally at the end of the series so he can finally have a family of his own. I highly doubt that will happen, but there is always fanfics for that.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 21:31   Link #1220
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I believe shaming the sanctity of the dead is appalling, if not outright sin. Rolo had his share of hardships, hating him just because he killed Shirley is one-sided and spiteful... Though I know the feeling.

If they did make a R2 remake, they might actually spare Shirley. Therefore making leave for Rolo's Remake redemption. Then again... It's doubtful.

Rolo was a victim in his own manner. Though I do admire his 'efficiency'.
Where's all this Rolo sympathy coming from Arby? *gasp* Roloko hasn't gotten to you, has she?! ............

Honestly though, I wouldn't mind if they brought Shirley back at all (provided it was with a good explanation) so long is she didn't suffer after being brought back. If they bring her back just to torture her some more, forget it. But that doesn't seem likely anyway.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha