AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 35 27.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 35.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 21.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 10.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 5.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-02, 08:16   Link #201
Fran~
floating away...

I always watch OP/ED to search something related to the plot.

Now, with the fact that the anime is chopping a lot of Novel Material, i could imagine that this will be a "square love": Amin loves Ryuuji, Ryuuji doesnt show any feelings (yet) to her; Ryuuji loves Minori, she seems to be in quite dilemma for the relation between Ryuuji and Taiga; Taiga AND Ryuuji feels "something" between them.

Yes, i discoverd the wheel What's my point?, simple, it's time for Ryuuji to deal with his feelings, until now he was clear about Minori, but now, it seems that is not so simple.
Old 2009-02-02, 08:26   Link #202
k'2

Send a message via MSN to k'2 Send a message via Yahoo to k'2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
I always watch OP/ED to search something related to the plot.

Now, with the fact that the anime is chopping a lot of Novel Material, i could imagine that this will be a "square love": Amin loves Ryuuji, Ryuuji doesnt show any feelings (yet) to her; Ryuuji loves Minori, she seems to be in quite dilemma for the relation between Ryuuji and Taiga; Taiga AND Ryuuji feels "something" between them.

Yes, i discoverd the wheel What's my point?, simple, it's time for Ryuuji to deal with his feelings, until now he was clear about Minori, but now, it seems that is not so simple.
yeah most of the eps that passed were talking about aisaka and her relationship with kitamura and ryuuji was kinda suspended toward minorin and he still does'nt know if he truly loved her or not and there's something about aisaka in him so he's the most one i a dilemma right know and i can't figure out what happened with minorin mind after what ami told her
Old 2009-02-02, 08:37   Link #203
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by k'2 View Post
i can't figure out what happened with minorin mind after what ami told her
Minori just realized that Ryuuji is MORE that a friend to her, and she is in a dilemma because she thinks that Ryuuji and Taiga are a couple and she doesn't want to be a nuisance to them.

But the way that everybody noticed Taiga's feelings to Kitamura also took away the only reason that Minori had in order to hide her feelings to Ryuuji.
Old 2009-02-02, 10:35   Link #204
wistfulloner

Quote:
Minori just realized that Ryuuji is MORE that a friend to her, and she is in a dilemma because she thinks that Ryuuji and Taiga are a couple and she doesn't want to be a nuisance to them.
Adding on to your statement, Minori also really likes Ryuji, so she doesn't know whether to be selfish or selfless. She's not all morals, but rather in a moral dilemma.
Old 2009-02-02, 13:47   Link #205
Gargron

Quote:

But the way that everybody noticed Taiga's feelings to Kitamura also took away the only reason that Minori had in order to hide her feelings to Ryuuji.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Adding on to your statement, Minori also really likes Ryuji, so she doesn't know whether to be selfish or selfless. She's not all morals, but rather in a moral dilemma.
I agree with you both. It must be a hard time for Minori and Ryuji.

I don't like the new OP/ED, the old ones seemed to be put more effort to. I will miss Vanilla Salt, even if I don't know what it actually is (perhaps someone knows?).
Old 2009-02-02, 14:47   Link #206
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

Quote:

Ah, I see. So that's what it was huh? I wasn't quite sure what the scene with taiga's photo was...
Old 2009-02-02, 14:50   Link #207
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinryou View Post
Ah, I see. So that's what it was huh? I wasn't quite sure what the scene with taiga's photo was...
You can find more info about that in Episode 16's thread.
Old 2009-02-02, 17:28   Link #208
SkoolRumble4Ya

First Kitamura was acting like a retard now it's Minorin . Great episode so many drama and hilarious moments.
Old 2009-02-02, 17:36   Link #209
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
First Kitamura was acting like a retard now it's Minorin . Great episode so many drama and hilarious moments.
Minorin IS a retard - like Cultural Festival arc - why doesn't she talked to Ryuuji about her [right] opinion concerning Taiga's dad?
Old 2009-02-02, 17:40   Link #210
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
They're teenagers. I keep saying it. They're not going to act in a logical, rational manner.

Hell, no human alive can be expected to act in a rational, logical manner all the time. We're creatures driven primarily by emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty_ View Post
Minorin IS a retard - like Cultural Festival arc - why doesn't she talked to Ryuuji about her [right] opinion concerning Taiga's dad?
Who knows? People have their own reasons for doing things. It doesn't make her stupid. Just human.
Old 2009-02-02, 17:46   Link #211
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Who knows? People have their own reasons for doing things. It doesn't make her stupid. Just human.
Yes, I understand you. But this is just a typical misunderstanding essential for the plot wheel keeps spinning.
Old 2009-02-02, 18:11   Link #212
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty_ View Post
Yes, I understand you. But this is just a typical misunderstanding essential for the plot wheel keeps spinning.
And?

If you didn't have typical misunderstandings and contrived coincidences, there WOULDN'T BE A STORY TO TELL.

Real-life logic is very different from narrative, story logic.

Cliches and tropes are an important part of any fictional story.
Old 2009-02-02, 18:13   Link #213
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

And it's not like real-life is completely devoid of misunderstandings and coincidence, eh?

Old 2009-02-02, 18:15   Link #214
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
And it's not like real-life is completely devoid of misunderstandings and coincidence, eh?
Exactly, yes.

If anyone's life was adapted into a story, I'm sure some people would be complaining about how "contrived" and "unrealistic" it is too.
Old 2009-02-02, 19:03   Link #215
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kihara - moving more into camera view here. I find her kind of cute/sweet like a little earnest puppy. She feels like she's being cut out of the running before it starts by her over-eager classmates. Funny how even she is able to articulate Ryuuji's underlying frequency before he does (though its out of the clarity of her panic).

I kind of like the slowly expanded field of characters being focused on as well as the deepening complexity of Ami and Minorin.

Taiga is a sugar plum faerie... a dark faerie.
Old 2009-02-02, 19:19   Link #216
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Kihara - moving more into camera view here. I find her kind of cute/sweet like a little earnest puppy. She feels like she's being cut out of the running before it starts by her over-eager classmates. Funny how even she is able to articulate Ryuuji's underlying frequency before he does (though its out of the clarity of her panic).
Kihara launched a desperate offensive towards Maruo, using every resource she had... in Darth Vader's words: "Fail is strong in her"

But yes, she and her friend, are both cute and sweet, like every girl in Todadora, even her sensei is so cute (in her own mature way )

Quote:
I kind of like the slowly expanded field of characters being focused on as well as the deepening complexity of Ami and Minorin.

Taiga is a sugar plum faerie... a dark faerie.
Taiga is dangerous in any form you can imagine
Old 2009-02-02, 19:39   Link #217
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im actually enjoying how they are expanding on the characters and bringing someone who up to this point really had no significant role drop a bomb like Kihara did on Ryu. The fact that someone else has noticed feelings that others have kind shook Ryu up a bit.

It was ok when he thought he was the only one that knew about Taiga's feelings for Kitamura. But now that its obvious that their little secret is coming out I think Ryu feels somewhat threaten even if he does not know it. That lump in his throat that feeling in his stomach when someone else mentions that Taiga like Kitamura was shot to the gut. Its time for Ryu to start sorting out his feelings and I expect rest of the series to just as fantastic as the previous ones. Its also time for Minorin to own up and for Ami to step forth even if shes rejected.
Old 2009-02-02, 19:57   Link #218
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

so now...Ryu is heart confused. wonder how this'l end.
Old 2009-02-03, 04:58   Link #219
shinryou
--- semi-hikikomori ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im actually enjoying how they are expanding on the characters and bringing someone who up to this point really had no significant role drop a bomb like Kihara did on Ryu. The fact that someone else has noticed feelings that others have kind shook Ryu up a bit.

It was ok when he thought he was the only one that knew about Taiga's feelings for Kitamura. But now that its obvious that their little secret is coming out I think Ryu feels somewhat threaten even if he does not know it. That lump in his throat that feeling in his stomach when someone else mentions that Taiga like Kitamura was shot to the gut. Its time for Ryu to start sorting out his feelings and I expect rest of the series to just as fantastic as the previous ones. Its also time for Minorin to own up and for Ami to step forth even if shes rejected.
that's most likely wat will happen... unless some huge as twist surprises us or something....
Old 2009-02-03, 14:43   Link #220
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Did anyone else think it was out of place for Taiga to offer to take off all her clothes?
Closed Thread