Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-19, 04:13   Link #781
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I stopped reading the manga as soon as the anime came out -- although I have read this far. I try to avoid reading mangas before their anime. I think the anime should stand on its own, and comparisons with a manga are almost always invidious. This anime is like that, for me.
I am gonna hold on the manga until the anime ends. God knows I am tempted to read it, but I'll manage somehow until then.

And I certainly agree about animes standing on their own merits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I officially declare Sawako as 2009's Anime Smile of the year.
I would love to support her comes next Saimoe, but after being banned two years in a row, I am not holding much hope for the next edition.

Regardless, this turned out to be one of my favorite episodes so far. From Sawako's parents snapping at the though of their daughter having friends, to the little party they had at Ryuu's room.
Old 2009-11-19, 04:26   Link #782
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
At least when the next bout of drama comes, I hope the scenarios would be more delicious than some punk girls spreading rumors.
It's high school. Don't go expecting one of the best drama written stories ever created.
Old 2009-11-19, 06:57   Link #783
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I would love to support her comes next Saimoe
Oh, you may be surprised how many people want to nominate her. I'm one of them.

Forget best smile of the year. Best smile EVER! ^^

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2009-11-19 at 07:16.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 07:48   Link #784
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's high school. Don't go expecting one of the best drama written stories ever created.
That's true. The believability of the clueless one can only be stretched so far imo.

That being said it's still a nice episode.
Old 2009-11-19, 08:07   Link #785
AbSoLuTeMiKe
Oishi desu yo!

I really want to see more Development between Sawako and Kazehaya, also Chizu and maybe Ryuu.

I understand they like to go deeper in the the feelings of sawako, however, we have a good grasp of her chracter, lets focus on some development.
AbSoLuTeMiKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 08:07   Link #786
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

How can anyone in the correctly functioning state of mind say no to this face?

Everytime there's a new episode I'm going to to do what I do in the Spice and Wolf boards: post the best smile shots of the lead female (Sawako) per episode.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 14:30   Link #787
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I agree MeoTwister5 you can not function when that smiles on the screen. I think the way they portray her smiles are perfect. We dont see them too often so they dont go overboard so when we do see it the response is just overwhelmingly emotional. Sawako is the kind of girl that people good people naturally want to protect she would never ask for it but you just cant help yourself. She is genuinely curious and amazed about all these new things that are happening to her. She has even more discoveries to make before the series ends and i look forward to seeing her smile light up the screen once more.

Sawako would totally have my vote in Saimoe.

I was wondering how they were going to transition to the next arc from the rumor one. They did it just like in the manga we had kind of in between episode with nothing really happening i would call it a slice of life episode and I see nothing wrong it. I was happy to see more of Sawako's parents and their crazy reactions to Sawakos not only having friends but actually going out and meeting with them. Typical father of course wants to know if her friends are male or female lol.

My favorite part of the episode besides the smile of course had to be when Yano caught on the Kazehaya's feelings and his futile attempts at hiding his subtle jealously. Given her personality once she finds your weakness she is going to torture you LMAO. Her comment had me rolling "iv found something fun" Kazahaya just couldnt stop turning red. but it was all in good fun and thats what i like about Kimi ni todoke. Ryuu of course is just funny without even trying Chizu always seems to focus on the wrong thing lol. Its no wonder why Sawako thought they lovers but Ryuu stating shes like his brother was even funnier.

Pin well what i can say hes the type of guy that would crash all your parties in high school except hes a teacher. His torturing of his students is like a must for a series like this.

We are getting ready to enter my favorite part of the series because lots of drama is about arise and Sawako starts to learn even more about herself and that people even the ones that want to be your friend are not always what they seem to be.

random comment but im so glad they mentioned miso ramen because damn is it really good lol. Also for some reason the OP finally grew on me this episode i appreciate it a lot more than i did previously.
Old 2009-11-19, 14:50   Link #788
Jetbent
Cross Game convert

I like the way the characters look normally. I noticed that episode 7 had more "hen" versions though... as in the characters were drawn differently a lot of the time, whereas normally sawako is the main one who changes... also, anyone else think that sawako is a bit to breathy the way she speaks?
Jetbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 15:15   Link #789
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It was an average epsiode for me. To be honest I'm not really that into Sawako's insights into everything, but I did like the hints between Ryuu and Yoshida.

Pin wasn't as awesome as last week, though. Shame.

And Kazehaya? Well, he's just Kazehaya...

I have to agree with Superkneckles opinion of this show getting serious after every single joke. Kinda kills it for me.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 19:55   Link #790
GreatTeacherKen

Except for Ryuu's 'face', I loved this funny and heartwarming episode. It's nice to have a little breather after the drama of the past episodes and we get to see Sawako experience a normal social life for the first time.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 20:59   Link #791
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
... that people even the ones that want to be your friend are not always what they seem to be.
This is the kind of stuff you learn in elementary and middle school. Hopefully, it's a fast lesson for her.
Old 2009-11-19, 21:50   Link #792
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Good stuff! Good stuff! But, I guess those rumors from before weren't out of no where, they had some base.

I did love how they teased Kazahaya. He's like a large printed book, easy to read at any distance.

I actually can't wait for Kurumi to shake things up though, when that happens I don't know nor do I want to know.
Old 2009-11-19, 21:52   Link #793
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
This is the kind of stuff you learn in elementary and middle school. Hopefully, it's a fast lesson for her.
The lesson is learned in Sawako fashion but the situation is deeper than it sounds I actually started to like her more after whats coming.
Old 2009-11-19, 22:07   Link #794
Jetbent
Cross Game convert

I too enjoyed the Kazehaya teasing. Quite fun. What I wonder is how many episodes the show will have. That seems to have a more or less direct impact on relationship development
Jetbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 03:50   Link #795
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I know.. It's just there hasn't been too much of a followup to that incident and it didn't really seem like a huge problem after it was solved. Not expecting anything earthshattering, but maybe something beyond just misunderstanding next time. Either way, I still love seeing Kuronuma teased and the girls just hanging out. I don't think they need to over-do the drama the way something like Toradora did..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 04:30   Link #796
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I know.. It's just there hasn't been too much of a followup to that incident and it didn't really seem like a huge problem after it was solved.
Just because it didn't carry on straight away doesn't always mean that's the end of the that story. I mean i'd rather have a part in the story that shows the gang together having fun, then going straight into more drama. It's a good way to balance things out.
Old 2009-11-20, 06:37   Link #797
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
How can anyone in the correctly functioning state of mind say no to this face?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../grab25970.jpg

Everytime there's a new episode I'm going to to do what I do in the Spice and Wolf boards: post the best smile shots of the lead female (Sawako) per episode.
It's a good thing that I'm sitting down. Or else I'd be like Kazehaya in episode 6 -- on the floor.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 09:57   Link #798
yura`

This was definitely a feel-good episode I thought. Had a smile on my face the whole way through, a few LOL moments esp. when Yano and Chizu both tease Kazehaya. I love any interaction between Kazehaya and Sawako - even though it's really slow-moving, I think I enjoy the relationship for that very same reason. It's refreshing to just sit back and enjoy the ride instead of being rushed headlong into the relationship I feel.

Having said that, one random question popped into my head during the episode: why does Kazehaya stop playing baseball when he hit high school? Don't know if anyone else feels it, or if it's just me, but I keep getting the feeling that there's so much more to Kazehaya than meets the eye, and I actually really look forward to seeing - in the manga at least - how the mangaka will write out his story. There just feels like there's so much potential and depth here for the story to go even deeper and explore other thematic issues to tie in with the overall love story between Kazehaya and Sawako.
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 16:05   Link #799
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yura` View Post
Having said that, one random question popped into my head during the episode: why does Kazehaya stop playing baseball when he hit high school? Don't know if anyone else feels it, or if it's just me, but I keep getting the feeling that there's so much more to Kazehaya than meets the eye, and I actually really look forward to seeing - in the manga at least - how the mangaka will write out his story. There just feels like there's so much potential and depth here for the story to go even deeper and explore other thematic issues to tie in with the overall love story between Kazehaya and Sawako.
Its going to revealed in the next arc coming unless they cut it out. I remember them mentioning it in the manga. I believe its around when the sports competition takes place for the school festival.
Old 2009-11-20, 20:25   Link #800
Parappashi
Happy Member

Anyone else find Pin hilarious in this episode? When he entered the room I couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes.
Parappashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo