AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-05-14, 02:14   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Thats just trading one problem for another =_=
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 02:15   Link #42
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'm talking about the legal concept of marriage... sigh...

Apologies if I've been unclear, but the legal concept of marriage is unfairly discriminatory to the single person and the unmarriageable gay couple, and favors the heteronormative couple unit. Married couples receive tax breaks and various legal powers and rights that an unmarried couple or a gay couple in a state without legal gay marriage cannot receive.

The emotional concept of marriage? I quite like it. I think weddings themselves are amazing fun and I actually squee every time I think about or daydream about my own wedding.
The legal concept of marriage is different in every country though, speaking of legal matters is always a sticky area since laws are different in different places. I will agree though from what I know about marriage in various places that most countries do give unfair advantages to married heterosexual couples since it is the most commonly found unit.

On the topic of arranged marriage, most people seem to think that the normal for a arranged marriage is parents/family says you will marry this person and you have no say in the matter. The idea that you are just forced into a marriage against your will is known as a forced marriage. An arranged marriage is something that both parties agree to, they agree to allow their family to find/introduce them to potential spouse/wife.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 02:15   Link #43
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Which could be? Please elaborate.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 02:19   Link #44
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
It's funny how my engagement was semi-based on a half-serious arrangement between grandparents.
He's a lucky guy.....

Quote:
Apologies if I've been unclear, but the legal concept of marriage is unfairly discriminatory to the single person and the unmarriageable gay couple, and favors the heteronormative couple unit.
Because they're the majority for thousands of years and recognized and accepted by majority of the human race, political and religious alike.

Quote:
Married couples receive tax breaks and various legal powers and rights that an unmarried couple or a gay couple in a state without legal gay marriage cannot receive.
Blame the law and the people who approve of them. The only thing that could be done is vote for the right people (gay and lesbian politicians). As long as it's MAJORITY WINS it can't be help. It may take a millenneum before same sex marriage be recognized around the world and Saintess fetish be recognized after that and of India's human and animal marriages.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 02:19   Link #45
Dr. Casey

Quote:
It's like the old saying goes, it's better to have had a hot chick and lost than to never have had a hot chick at all. A girl that forever looks 12 would never be attractive to begin with.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 02:21   Link #46
Seitsuki
Onee!

That would be.. terrifyingly subjective.
Old 2013-05-14, 02:23   Link #47
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
It's like the old saying goes, it's better to have had a hot chick and lost than to never have had a hot chick at all.
lol Clever line. I'll have to try to remember that one.
Old 2013-05-14, 02:24   Link #48
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Except for far-sighted guys and those with good taste. I don't want saggy sacks of fat when we are both old.

In fact I would prefer someone who looks like a 12-year-old throughout her entire life.
Unless you have enough money to send her over to operation room to maintain her body...

Anyway back to the topic, arranged marriage is still exist in most part of the world either it is matchmaking one or forced one...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 02:24   Link #49
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
It's like the old saying goes, it's better to have had a hot chick and lost than to never have had a hot chick at all. A girl that forever looks 12 would never be attractive to begin with.
Maybe not 12. 14-16 would be nice too. Cute, small and fits perfectly in your arms.

What is the use of something you can only look at but doesn't feel good in your arms? Although I advocate for fine balance between both, nothing is perfect; so I would settle for something that is cuddly.

Oh yeah, with regards to boobs, it doesn't matter. A flat chest is a status symbol.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-14, 02:26   Link #50
LeoXiao
思想工作

They're okay as long as both parties are happy enough to put up with it. If they aren't they can get a divorce.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 03:11   Link #51
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Oh yeah, with regards to boobs, it doesn't matter. A flat chest is a status symbol.
Big ones are a hindrance and a literal pain.
Old 2013-05-14, 03:31   Link #52
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
It's like the old saying goes, it's better to have had a hot chick and lost than to never have had a hot chick at all.
You sure that saying isn't the slogan for KFC(chicken being there instead of chick) ? XD
Old 2013-05-14, 03:57   Link #53
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'll just say that at some point an arranged marriage is probably the only way I'll ever get hitched!

MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 04:03   Link #54
Seitsuki
Onee!

In solitude, we are least alone.
Old 2013-05-14, 04:14   Link #55
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

You don't have to be fear to be alone because you are just another member of society. As outcasted as you may see yourself to be, keep in mind that there are very popular people who chafe in the horde of people in attract and wished they could be like you, having time to yourself.

There are always opposites. The grass is always greener on the other side; the problem is that, are you projecting an image to your potential halves that you are trustworthy enough for them?

Old 2013-05-14, 04:26   Link #56
Seitsuki
Onee!

'Trustworthy'....

That wasn't aimed at me was it?
Old 2013-05-14, 04:29   Link #57
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Do you think you are trustworthy enough for the girls you would like to have by your side?

Old 2013-05-14, 04:42   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...my parents told me I could have been a Burmese prince...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 04:44   Link #59
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Why don't you start earning enough money to buy a bride from one of the tribe leaders there?

Old 2013-05-14, 04:46   Link #60
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
*burst laugh

That's a good one. Should have posted that in the A Laugh A Day Thread.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote