AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-05, 07:52   Link #221
Alucard24

Hi, I got 3 questions ^^

1. is there any admin/moderator or something like that in SAO ? Or is everyone have exactly the same rights in the game ?

2. Why is it even possible to throw something in the room from the street by the open window ? I thought the inn was protected places out of reach except for the invited ones.

3. Is it technically possible for Kirito to lift a little the skirt of the sleeping Asuna ? :evil:
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 08:56   Link #222
styr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Hi, I got 3 questions ^^

1. is there any admin/moderator or something like that in SAO ? Or is everyone have exactly the same rights in the game ?

2. Why is it even possible to throw something in the room from the street by the open window ? I thought the inn was protected places out of reach except for the invited ones.

3. Is it technically possible for Kirito to lift a little the skirt of the sleeping Asuna ? :evil:
1. The only "GM" to speak of is the AI system called Cardinal. It monitors the game and fixes bugs that show up. Cardinal never directly interacts with the world and only changes things behind the scene. Cardinal got ignored in the anime pretty much.

The below spoiler is from Vol 2 and 8, both regarding Cardinal and what it actually 'does' in SAO:
Spoiler for Vol 2+8 Spoilers about Cardinal:

2. The window was open. Only valid reason, really.

3. I'm sure if he tried, a player harassment prevention warning would pop up for Asuna and she would not be very happy. It isn't mentioned in the anime but the LN states that touching a player inappropriately triggers a harassment window for the player being touched and clicking yes sends the player to jail.

Last edited by styr; 2012-08-05 at 09:07.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 09:29   Link #223
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
1. The only "GM" to speak of is the AI system called Cardinal. It monitors the game and fixes bugs that show up. Cardinal never directly interacts with the world and only changes things behind the scene. Cardinal got ignored in the anime pretty much.
Thanks. My next question would then be : is it possible for anyone to mess with Cardinal apart from Kayaba ?

Quote:
2. The window was open. Only valid reason, really.
Not really valid since I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere that a room in a inn is totaly out of reach, window open or not.

Quote:
3. I'm sure if he tried, a player harassment prevention warning would pop up for Asuna and she would not be very happy. It isn't mentioned in the anime but the LN states that touching a player inappropriately triggers a harassment window for the player being touched and clicking yes sends the player to jail.
That's a nice touch to the program xD But how Cardinal is recognizing inappropriately to properly touching ?

They were talking about sleeping PK : that's not inappropriately enough to trigger the window ?
Old 2012-08-05, 09:44   Link #224
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Thanks. My next question would then be : is it possible for anyone to mess with Cardinal apart from Kayaba ?
Only if you want to fry the brains of all the players...

Quote:
Not really valid since I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere that a room in a inn is totaly out of reach, window open or not.
You can't force your way in (by picking the lock or breaking the door or walls). But if someone with the right to obligingly opens the door or, in this case, a window...

Quote:
They were talking about sleeping PK : that's not inappropriately enough to trigger the window ?
Even if it is, the sleeping player can't confirm the inappropriateness of the touch.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 09:48   Link #225
Skull Leader

What's the difference between Kirito's white trimmed coat and the other one with what looks like blue collars ?
Skull Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 10:25   Link #226
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Not for a human in the game.

Quote:
All will be explained in the next episode. There are no inconsistencies.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 10:26   Link #227
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Only if you want to fry the brains of all the players...
Sorry, I meant " is there any way for another player to hack Cardinal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Even if it is, the sleeping player can't confirm the inappropriateness of the touch.
Then, Kirito can do it without worry
Old 2012-08-05, 10:29   Link #228
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Not for a human in the game.
Oh, is there any other non-human in the game apart Cardinal and his sub-system ?

Or better, is it possible to hack a part of the sub-system wich will then hack Cardinal himself ?
Old 2012-08-05, 10:57   Link #229
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Oh, is there any other non-human in the game apart Cardinal and his sub-system ?
Well, NPCs and enemies are non-human.

Quote:
Or better, is it possible to hack a part of the sub-system wich will then hack Cardinal himself ?
For a player, no. Would you create a game where players can hack into parts of the game and take control?

Please use the edit function instead of double posting.
Old 2012-08-05, 11:10   Link #230
Alucard24

Well, I would not create a game who trap players in the first place ^^U
Old 2012-08-06, 00:09   Link #231
styr

Cardinal in the story is basically impossible to mess with as a player. There are no computer terminals in the world of Aincrad for players to do hax attempts, no console setting to bring up a command prompt. I bet the EULA/TOS/whatever you accept before you can play the game must've been quite long for SAO.
Old 2012-08-06, 01:31   Link #232
StellarCell
시논 짱!

How long was the time period between 1st chapter Vol. 3 to the last chapter of Vol. 4?

Also,

Spoiler for rondo:

Last edited by StellarCell; 2012-08-06 at 02:05.
StellarCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 02:57   Link #233
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarCell View Post
How long was the time period between 1st chapter Vol. 3 to the last chapter of Vol. 4?
Do you mean before the time skip at the end? If so it was about 4 days.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 03:00   Link #234
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Is Sword online the true MMORPG? (many men online role playing girls aka the crossplayers are represented here?)
Old 2012-08-06, 04:07   Link #235
styr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Is Sword online the true MMORPG? (many men online role playing girls aka the crossplayers are represented here?)

Spoiler for Vol 3+ info about MMOs:

@Stellar

Spoiler for Vol 3/4:
Old 2012-08-06, 04:38   Link #236
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
It was stated right at the beginning that Kabaya changed all players to their real life genders (along with using their real face and body shape).
So (apart from those appearing before Kabaya's announcement) all girls met in SAO are also girls IRL.

Obviously this means there are very few girls in SAO. Kirito just happens to be a magnet for them.
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 04:54   Link #237
styr

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
It was stated right at the beginning that Kabaya changed all players to their real life genders (along with using their real face and body shape).
So (apart from those appearing before Kabaya's announcement) all girls met in SAO are also girls IRL.

Obviously this means there are very few girls in SAO. Kirito just happens to be a magnet for them.
Not to mention all the guys who had been playing girls up to that point were suddenly the other gender but still were wearing pink clothes and a skirt.

That would be.. awkward. Doubly so if you picked a female name.
Old 2012-08-06, 11:55   Link #238
Alucard24

Quote:
Cardinal in the story is basically impossible to mess with as a player. There are no computer terminals in the world of Aincrad for players to do hax attempts, no console setting to bring up a command prompt. I bet the EULA/TOS/whatever you accept before you can play the game must've been quite long for SAO.
Thank you for the complete answer Then, I guess it's maybe that creator bastard who turned off the "safe" settings just for the fun ....
Old 2012-08-07, 03:06   Link #239
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

is player's real life sword skill matter in SAO? like can a real life sword master take on a normal guy with higher level than him?
Old 2012-08-07, 03:12   Link #240
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
is player's real life sword skill matter in SAO? like can a real life sword master take on a normal guy with higher level than him?
To a certain extent. You can dodge and parry and whatever, but attacking is done with pre-programmed Sword Skills that basically move the sword around on their own, often faster than would be physically possible. So a person with real sword training would have some advantages, but not overwhelming. And they might even have to unlearn their training because the attacks happen unnaturally.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a