AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-04-14, 10:58   Link #561
Xacual

From what I recall spell haste is valuable at all levels of spell damage/crit. I'm pretty sure for casters its spell hit > spell damage > haste > spell crit with haste and spell damage being sort of interchangeable.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 19:50   Link #562
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I dunno, I'm prolly wrong, but I thought once you reached the hit cap (202 rating?) for casters, and you've got decent spell damage, gogo haste? I know our destro lock seems to love haste, and our mages seem to be jumping on the bandwagon to with haste and damage/haste gems. But I think they're all like 30 odd % crit, and like 1300 spell damage un-buffed or something, not sure I've never really looked. But the way they go on about haste and the Skull of Gul'dan you'd think it was their savior.
Old 2008-04-17, 07:22   Link #563
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
Casters need 16% hit to cap off. 202 is prolly a fair assumption in that. If you are in tier 5 and especially t6 (or at least the gear from Black Temple). Then you are well above hit cap. Now the funny thing about haste is that the more you have of it the faster you are dealing damage and therefore can almost take be interchangeable with damage provided you have enough it.

I play a Shadow Priest for those that dont know and haste doesnt affect me at much as it does mages and locks but haste is still wicked good for mindflay. I've seen priests who have +150 spell haste rating and mind flays are reduces to like 1 second which means you are dealing 1.8-2.4k or so damage in that time frame. Haste rating is on most of the gear in Sunwell Plateau and I would imagine you will see it on gear regularly in Wrath when it comes out.

Its a shame Sunwell sets and loot look so freaking ugly.
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 16:33   Link #564
Jaden

Rights, guess it's safe to start stacking spellhaste as long as it's not at the expense of spellhit. A firemage with a normal spec can manage with 164 spellhit rating. Zul'Aman has a lot of decent spellhaste gear which I'm using now.

We marched into Hyjal bolstered by new welfare-badge-epics and were thrown out by Kaz'rogal...total epic rain from the mobs before that though. Next week we're supposed to probe Black Temple.
Old 2008-04-22, 09:41   Link #565
-RK-
WoW addict

Send a message via AIM to -RK- Send a message via MSN to -RK- Send a message via Yahoo to -RK-
Good luck with BT, Jaden. =)

Although, TBH I would be surprised if you are able to have much success in BT if you cant get past Kaz'rogal.
-RK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 10:30   Link #566
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Shouldn't have problems till Teron or maybe Gurtogg. HWN, Supremus, and Akama are all fairly easy.
Old 2008-04-22, 15:51   Link #567
Xacual

Hurray for my guild getting back into raiding and killing archimonde our second real night of attempts. I never expected to see that happen after all the stupidity we had with that fight 4 months ago. Also, yay for two piece tier 6 bonus for my shaman

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-04-22, 19:42   Link #568
Mr Hat and Clogs

Wewt, nice work. That fight can be pure chaos. Grats on the 2pc, resto? Resto's got the best t6 bonuses.

GL in BT Jaden, first few bosses are nice and cake. As long as you can survive Naj's AE (10Kish hp/person), you souldn't have any problems with the first three bosses.

We should kill Illidan this week, managed 33% on the second night on him. He's an awesome fight. Not random as ass like Bloodboil, good ol' fashioned steady progress. And joy of joys, we're on our 3 day raid week this week, first night to Shahraz, second Council and Illinub, which leaves Monday as Illiday, if we don't get him on Thursday.

We had something amusing happen during Supremus last week. He targeted a pet in phase 2 to chase. Not once, not twice, but FIVE times! It was amusing to see him chasing around this cat, he REALLY must not like cats.
Old 2008-04-23, 01:44   Link #569
Xacual

No way. Elemental T6 2 piece bonus is amazingly good. As long as I have one of each totem down I get 45 damage, 35 spell crit rating and 15 mp5. It's an amazing bonus.

Old 2008-04-23, 02:02   Link #570
Mr Hat and Clogs

Ahh, the Captain Planet bonus, forgot about that one. Yeah its good too, heh. Such a pity T6 set sucks for Enhancement, I really liked the look of it.
Old 2008-04-23, 11:04   Link #571
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Not as bad as 4pc retribution. Would like my 2pc bonus, but conq drops have been rare so most pieces have been going for a lot of points. At least I got Cursed Vision last night.
Old 2008-04-23, 14:40   Link #572
Komori
D:

Teron isn't all that hard if your group isn't stupid from what I understand. I personally never got to go into BT but I did the training (for Teron) and reading up on the fights just in case. My old guild used this simulator to help out with the fight. They said the simulator was harder than the real thing, but it gives you an idea of what to do when you have to destroy the constructs. Controls are the same as in game. The guild actually made it required to practice that or else you wouldn't be allowed to do the fight.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1
Videos are in the thread, you just have to look for them. Discuss.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 15:00   Link #573
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Yeah, the sim is good practice since it gives you a feel of what you need to do and it's harder than the real thing. Master the sim and the real thing will be cake. That being said, your raid should make macros/bindings for ghost abilities that are intuitive. Spending a little effort so you can use easily accessible/familiar keys is worth it. Teron is all about the constructs. Sure it's a little healing intensive when you first do it, but construct screw-ups will wipe you the most.
Old 2008-04-28, 10:13   Link #574
Mr Hat and Clogs

woohoo, Illdan deader then friend chicken. Awesome fight, can get pretty hairy with the timers on his skills being so close, but was a great fun. healer trink and tank shield, no vision Q_Q, 2 Vanquisher tokens, sooo sick of vanquisher.

Now, back to farming so we can do Sunwell. MH, so I can get a BP imo! >.>
Old 2008-04-30, 16:23   Link #575
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Grats on Ely Dan. Randomness with tier tokens will be a continual source of frustration. I love triple vanq or prot drops when all vanq/prot classes have t6 for their main spec. That being said, yesterday was nice with triple conq from Brutallus, but I blew a lot of points on Cursed Vision and T6 bracers so I was SoL. Also downed Felmyst last week. It's not too bad once you get the healing down in phase 1 and the movement in phase 2. I'm liking all the encounters in Sunwell so far and the Eredar Twins should be pretty cool.
Old 2008-04-30, 19:31   Link #576
Mr Hat and Clogs

Grats on Felmyst.

Nice, I'd say we're about a month a way from giving Kalecgos a proper run. I think we'd have a snowflakes chance in hell at Brutalus for a good while yet.

You can get to Mu'ru now right? was he ever beaten on the PTR?

Good luck with the Twin's, they sound kinda interesting. You going to go for the 'easy' way first or go out the 'hard' way.
Old 2008-04-30, 21:59   Link #577
EoT
~~

When is this game coming out?
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 00:15   Link #578
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Yeah, Mu'ru is accessible now. Think he was beaten by a few guilds on PTR. Nothing's really too hard about Brutallus. The mechanics are simple, but it's just a huge gear and consumable check. Hope a decent amount of your raiders have LW. It's not necessary but it does help.

We're probably going the "hard" way with killing Lady Sacrolash first. Honestly it seems easier than killing the fire twin first, but we'll see. Healers are going to be stressed out as usual.

And no idea when WotLK is coming out. Probably not for awhile since we haven't even seen all of Sunwell yet.
Old 2008-05-01, 20:37   Link #579
Xacual

I'm pretty sure on the PTR no guild came close to beating M'uru. During PTR for new raids, I'm pretty much on top of all the happenings with Bosses and I never heard of a single kill by anyone.

Also don't forget that the Twins were considered quite easy on the PTR and when they came out it took most of the good guilds 10+ hours to get a kill.

Old 2008-05-03, 13:09   Link #580
Jaden

As you people predicted we got up to Teron in BT within a week. We've ben focusing on Hyjal after that though and are now facing Archimonde. He seems doable. Our raid leader puts our raid to a "slowfall drill" each time. Before any attempts, all raid members must jump down a cliff thrice without taking damage. :P

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows