AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 104 53.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 28.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 8.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-10, 15:27   Link #61
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
I think Ice Block just wanted to see them film it though lol. I would like to know why the camera would pan randomly to the window and sky, though...Kyon covering up his laziness probably. What a slouch.
Yeah, the pan-aways are all Kyon not knowing how to transition.
Old 2009-09-10, 16:03   Link #62
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Falsely?
Re-run is not yet over.
The renewal is slated for 28 (or 27) episodes. We're through all the new episodes for those 28/27. There's nothing known about what's coming after.

Until there's some sort of clear-cut advertisement or promotion indicating that there's more Haruhi coming after that... those 28/27 are it. It's fine to hope that Disappearance will arrive in the near future... but barring anything new on that file, it's best (in my opinion) to work from the default position of this is it.

In which case... yeah, false advertisements. I'll call them honest advertisements if Disappearance arrives, and not one second earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Too late for that. Two years late, in fact.
But... that's my point. After being let down over and over again, I would think that it's time to be cautious... unless you actually like being trolled, of course.

Quote:
And we're not hoping for it to come -- it's not a question of if, but when.
Where this confidence comes from after all the stunts that KyoAni/Kadokawa have pulled with this particular anime franchise is beyond me...

Anyway... judging by the screenshots for this episode, the artwork looks excellent. Not much more I can say based on those screenshots alone, though.
Old 2009-09-10, 16:23   Link #63
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's fine to hope that Disappearance will arrive in the near future... but barring anything new on that file, it's best (in my opinion) to work from the default position of this is it.

Where this confidence comes from after all the stunts that KyoAni/Kadokawa have pulled with this particular anime franchise is beyond me...
I think that's a good and cautious position to take. I'd be disappointed if they didn't do more, but many anime series only go for 26-28 eps...

As for the second point, the trolling actually gave me some confidence. It looked like they were going out of their way to troll and generate publicity which made me feel they were putting a lot of thought into the series.

I liked E8, but if the series ends after this I'll be very disappointed that they didn't use those 7 extra episodes to cover Disappearance and the other uncovered short story material such as SMS and Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru. Why get all the actors together after 3 years just to do this?
Old 2009-09-10, 16:44   Link #64
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Freakin' bake-neko.... THIS ONE SPEAAAAAAKS!!

Kyon's reaction was awesome.

Ho-ho. A genuinely entertaining episode for the first time (for me at least). The seiyuu as the cat was killing me. It was such a fitting voice. Kyon's dilemma only magnified by the fact he was in charge of taking care of the shaberi neko. When everyone was surprised by the fact the cat is a talker, the cat's matter-of-fact retort was simple to the point, "I don't understand why you are all startled." And Kyon's comeback is as follows:

The episode balanced information, the sense of mystery surrounding Haruhi those information generates, and the ensuing comedy that are entangled in those information. It was like watching a Haruhi episode for once. Very enjoyable.
Old 2009-09-10, 17:17   Link #65
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman8 View Post
I think that's a good and cautious position to take. I'd be disappointed if they didn't do more, but many anime series only go for 26-28 eps...
To me, KyoAni and Kadokawa are like politicians. They make a lot of promises (both in what they actually say, and in their visual promotions); some of them very slyly constructed to create hype while not being specific enough to hold themselves to anything concrete. They'll get fans thinking about Disappearance with images (like Nagato acting chummy with Asakura) meant to trick fans and illicit that Disappearance-focused thinking... but the images will have some small feature to it (like Nagato not wearing glasses) that gives them an out saying "Disappearance? This isn't a Disappearance promotion!". They're very sneaky.

So... I put about as much trust in KyoAni and Kadokawa as I do in a typical politician, which is to say... not much.

Much like Shaft, KyonAni is very good once they get serious and stop playing games. But just like Shaft loves being Shaft, KyoAni loves being KyoAni...

Quote:

but if the series ends after this I'll be very disappointed that they didn't use those 7 extra episodes to cover Disappearance and the other uncovered short story material such as SMS and Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru. Why get all the actors together after 3 years just to do this?
I agree.

I really do hope that we get Disappearance within the next 12 months one way or another... but I just don't trust KyoAni enough to actually bank on it.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-09-10 at 21:55.
Old 2009-09-10, 17:23   Link #66
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They seem to be using a lot of camera tricks, angles, and lighting this time around. Almost like they are showing off...or making this episode so that is can almost seemlessly fit back into the remaining episdoes...which makes sense.

The world has returned to normal...more or less.

(That's some firepower Mikuru's got there...or should that be waterpower...or was that high energy plasma? I'm actually surprised the cat wasn't freaked out by the rapid movements and noise....though I'm not surprised that Haruhi missed it)
Old 2009-09-10, 17:35   Link #67
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
A lot of the scenes in the movie weren't in Sigh. A lot of the action in Sigh wasn't in the movie during 00....just who is editting this movie? And when did they have time to not only write, but also get Mikuru to sing the theme song?

It is one of the many Haurhi mysteries.
This brings to mind a question I had.

Is the PSP game Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku considered canon? If so, then the answers to the above questions lie in the game.
Old 2009-09-10, 18:32   Link #68
SidVicious
Anime addict

I don't know...but it looks like a indirect kiss in the end.
Old 2009-09-10, 18:37   Link #69
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
They'll get fans thinking about Disappearance with images (like Nagato acting chummy with Asakura) meant to trick fans and illicit that Disappearance-focused thinking... but the images will have some small feature to it (like Nagato not wearing classes) that gives them an out saying "Disappearance? This isn't a Disappearance promotion!". They're very sneaky.
So... do you consider advertisement of the Yuki-chan spin-off(as well as the spin-off itself) to be related to Haruhi's Disappearance, as well?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-10, 19:57   Link #70
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Looks like Haruhi installed a Lambda Driver in Mikuru when we weren't looking.
Old 2009-09-10, 21:10   Link #71
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Somehow, I think that if any advertisements for a next season was to come, it would come after Someday in the Rain....which is give or take 1 month from now. And, I think KyoAni is not even going to be advertising a new season; instead, it's probably going to be....

Gekijouban: Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu

I'm serious. I'm quite sure that Disappearance will work just nicely in a movie format, and it'll get them out of having to animate the later stories like Snow Mountain Syndrome.
Old 2009-09-10, 21:17   Link #72
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Not to mention the fact that they'd pretty much have to throw in a lot of original content if they wanted to have a Season 2 without having both Disappearance and Intrigues if they didn't go that route.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-10, 21:19   Link #73
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

*barges in*

Did someone say a Vanishment movie?!

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-10, 21:32   Link #74
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

劇場版: 涼宮ハルヒの消失

I like the sound of that
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-09-10, 21:49   Link #75
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Well... now I know how to summon Heminga.
Old 2009-09-10, 21:53   Link #76
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
劇場版: 涼宮ハルヒの消失

I like the sound of that
By the way that sound would be
"Gekijouban: Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu" or "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya - The Movie"

Might work. It would have to be a 2 hour long movie to work, tough (more or less 5 episodes). I don't know if is common a anime movie be that long. (Clannad was only 1h and 30min).

Shouldn't we be talking about this week episode, by the way? It was the most awesome episode of the 'season'. We must have something to talk about.

Like: How the hell Haruhi didn't noticed the obviouls supernatural things being fired by Mikuru's eyes/guns?
Old 2009-09-10, 21:57   Link #77
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Some of the old Space Battleship Yamato movies were about two and a half hours long.
Old 2009-09-10, 21:57   Link #78
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

How do you get two hours from five episodes? Even if we were to include the OP and ED, they're only about 24 minutes long. That'd be a little under an hour and a half.
Old 2009-09-10, 22:01   Link #79
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Actually, 5 x 24 is 120 minutes...exactly two hours.
Old 2009-09-10, 22:02   Link #80
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
How do you get two hours from five episodes? Even if we were to include the OP and ED, they're only about 24 minutes long. That'd be a little under an hour and a half.
Eh, actually, 24x5=120. Exactly 2 hours. Excluding the OD and ED would still be more then n hour and a half.

PP:
...Tsc ninjaed.
Closed Thread