AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-07, 02:30   Link #81
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum View Post
Found this one, character design.

Nice~ Looks fairly good for now

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 03:00   Link #82
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

err not really sure the one with the color is the chara design for the anime, some of them just too similar with the manga cover >_>

But i hope they stay with the manga chara design, or even make it looked better
Old 2010-02-07, 14:20   Link #83
Mayhem The Great
The Glob of Destruction

After gaining a fondness for zombies (thanks to Left 4 Dead,) I decided to read the entire (or at least what the author wrote so far) Manga out after hearing the announcement. I thought it was a pretty fun read.

What bugged me was the fanservice. I'm not really the kind of fella that goes for that, but hey, whatever floats peoples boats. Plus zombies are cool (I don't care if the caracters call the zombies something different. If it looks like a zombie, acts like a zombie, then I call them zombies! Lol.)

Well, this is an anime to look forward to. I'll my eye on it.
Mayhem The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 14:27   Link #84
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem The Great View Post
After gaining a fondness for zombies (thanks to Left 4 Dead,) I decided to read the entire (or at least what the author wrote so far) Manga out after hearing the announcement. I thought it was a pretty fun read.

What bugged me was the fanservice. I'm not really the kind of fella that goes for that, but hey, whatever floats peoples boats. Plus zombies are cool (I don't care if the caracters call the zombies something different. If it looks like a zombie, acts like a zombie, then I call them zombies! Lol.)

Well, this is an anime to look forward to. I'll my eye on it.
If you want something grittier and devoid of fanservice, I'd suggest you the comic book series "Walking Dead". Once you have gotten into this series you will not stop.

"Walking Dead" is one of these american comic books that does need a TV adaptation.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 18:41   Link #85
solomon

Well strickly speaking the artist does a lotta Hentai junk, so yea you're gonna get fanservice. Suits me just fine though, I'm normally skittish on it too unless handled in a classy manner but this title is so trashy it works well. Plus it's not OVERLOAD like Queen's Blade or Seikon no Kwaseer (good lord the vulgarity)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 02:00   Link #86
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Can someone explain me why the revolver guy (what was his name again? ...) makes an angry face on every pic we have seen so far? That's not the image I got from him after reading the manga.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 12:29   Link #87
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I herd about this manga. Though I haven't really read it yet. Is it good? Is it like Resident Evil or the typical zombie bam bam stuff?

I might add this to my watch list.
Old 2010-02-08, 13:44   Link #88
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Is it good? Is it like Resident Evil or the typical zombie bam bam stuff?
It's Romero movies meets your standard highschool cast with some fanservice thrown in the mix. Also gore and a Kouta Hirano shout out.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 13:49   Link #89
Arturro

Quote:
I herd about this manga. Though I haven't really read it yet. Is it good? Is it like Resident Evil or the typical zombie bam bam stuff?

I might add this to my watch list.
It's a survival manga in zombie-like environment. Strong points of this manga are great characters (Saeko!) and good art. Some romance, lots of ecchines (mangaka was a hentai manga artist). Plot is rather typical for survival/zombie story, but thanks to interesting characters relations and a few almost original elements it's worth reading. Authors cares about details (guns, vehicles are realistically portrayed), and characters actions are well explained.
Some people, me included, complains about too much ecchines in this manga, and too big boobs. I'm not against fanservice (Kinnaru Roommate is one of my favorites), but because of fanservice plot development is sometimes delayed.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 23:45   Link #90
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It's okay. Typical zombie stuff with high school students (and co.) Read if you like zombie stuff, but nothing to look forward in the character department. Fanservice and art is good, I guess.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 06:00   Link #91
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's Romero movies meets your standard highschool cast with some fanservice thrown in the mix. Also gore and a Kouta Hirano shout out.
Don't forget the gun pr0n.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 06:26   Link #92
zato_1one

Used to read the manga a long time ago. I never think that it would become anime. Well, may be it's time to re-read it again. Can't remember what was the latest chapter that I had read.

Who knows when will the anime air?
Old 2010-02-09, 08:17   Link #93
magnum
Lurking Around

Quote:
The animation of Daisuke Sato original and [shouji] Sato drawing "HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD" was decided. The announcement medium of TV broadcasting or original animated cartoon DVD is not revealed.

In the charge of the animated cartoon production, as for the Mad house, Yosuke Kuroda such as "Mobile soldier Gundam 00" and the character design are general Tanaka of "Tora Dora" in Tetsuro Araki, the series composition in which "DEATH NOTE" etc. are handled, and the scenario in the supervisor. It reports on the animation decision and the comment of the original writer and the animated cartoon staff is published at the monthly dragon period of the sale (Fujimi bookstore) on February 9 today. A set picture under production is opened to the public.

"HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD" is a survival action that drew the appearances of students who fight staking his/her survival in the world that sank into chaos by generating "Walking cadaver". The book restarts the serial from the issue by the second issue continuous publishing while putting it on the market up to five volumes in April in the period of a monthly dragon of the sale on March 9 though it was a do not carry for a long time.
Via: Moon Phase
Old 2010-02-09, 08:33   Link #94
zato_1one

So, it's from Mad House. I guess that it's good news. Mad House is pretty good at manga adaptation. But you must hope that they don't decide to do anime original plot. Because they are very bad at doing that.
Old 2010-02-09, 14:00   Link #95
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So it's like Romero movies.
Survival Zombie much like Left for Dead.
High School setting.
the artist was a HENTAI artist.

OK Iam sold. Reading and watching this.

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 2010-02-09, 15:59   Link #96
magnum
Lurking Around

Could someone translate this one.

I guess I found some Popularity vote here.
Old 2010-02-09, 20:26   Link #97
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Will there be Boomers? I love Boomers.
Old 2010-02-10, 04:25   Link #98
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Some people, me included, complains about too much ecchines in this manga, and too big boobs. I'm not against fanservice (Kinnaru Roommate is one of my favorites), but because of fanservice plot development is sometimes delayed.
Thats my only complain about this actually. (Apart from slow releases) I am fine with fanservice and ecchiness but giant boobs turns me off. But i like the setting very well though.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 05:53   Link #99
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Thats my only complain about this actually. (Apart from slow releases) I am fine with fanservice and ecchiness but giant boobs turns me off. But i like the setting very well though.
well what you expect from manga with hentai artist as the artwork author eh
hmm... for me who don't like big boobs too much, i'm still find the artwork is very "sexy" and not disturbing as Queen Blade or etc. (but yes marikawa boobs is too much lol)
IMHO if anyone like Ikkitousen/Oh Great! female design will like this one too.
Old 2010-02-10, 06:58   Link #100
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I wonder if "don't like big boobs" is specific to mostly western fans or if our anime friends in japan (ie. non-hentai people) also feel the same way.
Watermelon size is a turn off for me too...

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse