AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-31, 05:31   Link #101
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Perhaps the StrikerS team start out with the weak-at-first non-AI Devices, then they get into a really tough fight, then they get a set of brand new high-powered AI controlled Devices afterwards?

That's from watching too much Gundam. :P
Old 2006-12-31, 06:13   Link #102
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Or... their devices could be upgraded with AI for improved performance, which is more likely.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2006-12-31, 06:29   Link #103
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
or maybe they can afford to pay more voice actors to say "yes sir" or "standby ready" in horrible (but suitable) english

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-31, 09:05   Link #104
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

I still don't see much difference between Intelligent Device, Armed Device and Storage Device.

All of them seemed as intelligent as Raising Heart and Bardiche, so it must be something else that makes them the class of device that they are.
Old 2006-12-31, 11:51   Link #105
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Here's my rough take on the differences between the three, based on Wiki info and my own inferences:

Storage Device:
- Only two modes (storage and active)
- No sentient AI, only voice interface

Intelligent Device:
-Three or more modes
-Sentient AI

Both would be Stave-type weapons designed primarily for spellcasting.

Armed Devices:
- Typically built as weapons, used mostly for direct combat as opposed to spellcasting
- typically equipped with cartridge system

Note these are rough definitions, since there's much variety (IIRC KlarWind is classified as an Armed Device despite not fulfilling the above parameters.) I have noticed a peculiar pattern though:

-Armed devices tend to have dormant forms reflecting their true form, i.e. Graf Eisen looks like a hammer and Klarwind still looks like a ring, whereas Intelligent and Storage devices have vastly different shapes, i.e. Raging Heart's a sphere and Durandal's a card.

Again though, this definition is muddled by Reinforce, which is classified as an intelligent device ^^;;

Examples of Hybrids:

Raging Heart Excelion and Bardiche Assault: Spellcasting type intelligent devices equipped with cartridge system, not to mention Bardiche is quite effective at melee combat.

Judging from the loadout of Subaru and the others, we'll be seeing more classification defying devices in the future.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2006-12-31, 14:18   Link #106
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ arent you forgetting that reinforce is classified as a Unison Device? ~ i guess thats the upgrade from just intelligent devices ~

just a quick question ~ how many volumes of the manga are there for nanoha and A's?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-12-31, 15:38   Link #107
Woden

There's 8 chapters of the A's manga.

I think the distinction of the "unison device" is that there is a unison between the device and its wielder. I doubt it's just "an upgrade".
Old 2006-12-31, 16:22   Link #108
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

and this is the time when wiki is useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
The Unison Device is the most sophisticated design of device in the Belka magic system that takes the Intelligent Device idea to the extreme. The device is given a body and free will, and the power to "unite" with its user (this act of uniting called Unison Mode), thereby granting extensive control and management of his or her abilities and power. However, due to the incompatibility with many practitioners, and incidents where the device took control of its user, Unison Devices never became a viable product.
so actually you can choose to combine with the device or use it as an external weapon ~ pretty nifty ^_^ ~ lol just imagine chibi reinforce poking the eyes of some mean bad guy ~ cute!

Old 2006-12-31, 20:58   Link #109
Kikaifan
Blazing General

What if she had the capabilities of R1? To steal magical capacity from a third party and use it as her/her master's own...

Well, I guess Hayate would become unstoppable so it's not likely.
Old 2006-12-31, 23:15   Link #110
Woden

Good news, it looks like Nanoha & Friends are still in it...

As Chapter 3 has been translated, and it will makes things a lot less concerning.
Old 2006-12-31, 23:34   Link #111
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ arent you forgetting that reinforce is classified as a Unison Device? ~ i guess thats the upgrade from just intelligent devices ~

just a quick question ~ how many volumes of the manga are there for nanoha and A's?

I was thinking more of the physical device itself than Reinforce herself, but yep oversight on my part

And Chapter 3 translated? Link plz!

Old 2007-01-01, 03:36   Link #112
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

A's to StrikerS chapter 3 - Scanlated

http://rapidshare.com/files/9716749/...se_03.zip.html

For those who can't use Rapidshare, please forgive me. It's 2:34 in the morning, and Maximum Burst is a little sleepy .
Old 2007-01-01, 03:46   Link #113
pzero

Maximum Burst, there's a ver2, to fix a missing bubble; the fixed page is at http://i10.tinypic.com/2zqv2pc.png

http://rapidshare.com/files/9727509/..._03v2.zip.html

also megaupload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G4LLKUJE
Old 2007-01-01, 08:59   Link #114
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Nanoha has a love of honking-big cannons I see...

"There's no such thing as overkill."

Cheers.

ADD] That's Signum in the last panel, for those wondering.

ADD] ADD] On an interesting note, that infamous image of bloodied Nanoha turned out to be real, and not just the fickle imagining of Vita. Vita was recalling a memory of a past mission where Nanoha got injured, and Vita was blaming herself for it. I really, really want to find out the whole story behind that.

Last edited by Skane; 2007-01-01 at 09:24.
Old 2007-01-01, 10:53   Link #115
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

You can always tell who Signum is because her hair looks like chicken pox.
Old 2007-01-01, 11:05   Link #116
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
ADD] ADD] On an interesting note, that infamous image of bloodied Nanoha turned out to be real, and not just the fickle imagining of Vita. Vita was recalling a memory of a past mission where Nanoha got injured, and Vita was blaming herself for it. I really, really want to find out the whole story behind that.
no wai O.o i have got to read it when i have time >.< wonder what could have done that to nanoha O.o

Old 2007-01-01, 12:46   Link #117
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
no wai O.o i have got to read it when i have time >.< wonder what could have done that to nanoha O.o
That particular chapter is posted back on page 4 of this thread...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...1&postcount=64
Old 2007-01-01, 16:06   Link #118
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
You can always tell who Signum is because her hair looks like chicken pox.
STFU&D.

Kidding, kidding. But seriously, I think the toner (is that what they're called?) looks better than that dark shade of pink. Unnatural anime hair colors should stick to very light, pastel-ish or very dark, off-black shades IMO.

And thanks for the links to both of you.

So the Velkan style is lost now, huh...

And I feel real sorry for anyone who Nanoha OPFORs for.
Old 2007-01-01, 22:04   Link #119
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Thank you for uploading.
Now I'm very curious about what happened to Nanoha. This gives me bad feelings...like because of that accident she won't live very long. Could this be a bittersweet ending for Striker S?

Kino ~Kino no Tabi
Original Illust: Yomo (http://yea.jp/taimando/)
Old 2007-01-01, 22:19   Link #120
Woden

I doubt it. It isn't as though it's the first time Nanoha's sustained possibly life-threatening injuries. Besides, THOSE THREE WILL BRING LIGHT!
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen