AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-20, 09:59   Link #241
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I hate backlog, but being distracted by all these brand spanking new Starcraft II vids really ate up my time

Anyways, lots of new profiles here, and interesting ones two, including some cool henshin, the continued History of the Belkan Empire, more Aurion goodness, awesome villains, mirror characters, and a well-written sibling pair, not to mention an ALIEN Oh, and I nearly forgot the riotous insane ecchi Device

Damn, lots of awesome stuff here
Well take your time, no one's hurrying...

Waait a minute. Where's the Alien?
Old 2007-05-20, 10:07   Link #242
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Waait a minute. Where's the Alien?
That would be Pheonixfyre's Dione West profile, his background has him as an ancient shapeshifting alien Which I find most unusual, but not totally surprising. I think really need ALOT more character variety... I can see ghosts, vamps, chupacabras, daemons, Orkz, and other stuff on the horizon.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-20, 10:14   Link #243
Meophist

Quote:
That would be Pheonixfyre's Dione West profile, his background has him as an ancient shapeshifting alien Which I find most unusual, but not totally surprising. I think really need ALOT more character variety... I can see ghosts, vamps, chupacabras, daemons, Orkz, and other stuff on the horizon.
I don't think so. We haven't really seen evidence of human-like alien species in Nanoha yet, so that character felt kinda detached from the Nanoha universe to me.

…heck, I think Katel's power is pushing it.
Old 2007-05-20, 10:16   Link #244
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Nothing too strange, if we assume there's..."variants" of Yuuno around. Heck, even my version of Dark Nanoha, "something" Fuma has her own version of Dark Yuuno, who's a shapeshifter as well, but he turns into a panther, and rather than a friend, he's more like a self-devoted love slave who was "enthralled" by Fuma's demonstration of love and friendship.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-20, 10:19   Link #245
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I don't think so. We haven't really seen evidence of human-like alien species in Nanoha yet, so that character felt kinda detached from the Nanoha universe to me.

…heck, I think Katel's power is pushing it.
While strange for the Nanohaverse indeed, it's also a fact that it can also take place across a span of INFINITE dimensions. The Wolkenritter have fought alien-like wildlife before, it's not too far a stretch to have aliens in the Nanohaverse.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-20, 10:19   Link #246
Aaron008R

Well, we do get to see several humanoids with animal-like ears in the 'Airport' during episode two of StrikerS. It was before the Caro-Erio first meeting scene.
Old 2007-05-20, 10:20   Link #247
Meophist

I don't mind the shapeshifting parts of it, as it's been shown that those with magical capacity can shapeshift. My problem was more with the immortality portion.
Old 2007-05-20, 10:20   Link #248
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Well, we do get to see several humanoids with animal-like ears in the 'Airport' during episode two of StrikerS. It was before the Caro-Erio first meeting scene.
I'm assuming they were familiars rather than aliens, but to the point aliens wouldn't add anything more strange to Nanoha

Old 2007-05-20, 10:24   Link #249
Aaron008R

Quote:
I don't mind the shapeshifting parts of it, as it's been shown that those with magical capacity can shapeshift. My problem was more with the immortality portion.
Ah, Ok. Then maybe he should have used the term 'Ageless' instead, right?
Old 2007-05-20, 10:26   Link #250
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
unless we see sentient non-human beings running around or getting blasted, i think that is not a good way to go IMO, unless cyborg-ish...

or you can put in the scrin and be happy about it...
Old 2007-05-20, 10:34   Link #251
Meophist

In any case, LoweGear, you said you thought my sibling pair was well-written. Do you think it goes well with the Nanoha universe? The two characters were originally made for something else entirely, so I'm curious.
Old 2007-05-20, 10:54   Link #252
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

^ IMHO, In terms of characterization and storyline, they seem the most down to earth of the characters here (without being too generic), so much so that they'll fit almost anywhere I admit. Put it this way, you can maintain their personalities and history, save for some very specific references, and your characters will still be themselves. (I think this quality is best used in a cross-dimensional capacity ) I'm also curious as to what you originally made them for though.

To the point, they'll fit quite nicely in the Nanohaverse, even their powers (such as Katel's plant based spells, not like we haven't seen plant-based attacks in the Nanohaverse).

Edit:

Now I feel like posting more character profiles much earlier than expected. Here's Part II of Kay's Biography, covering the second of the AI's, Shinji:

Spoiler for length:

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-05-20 at 11:07.
Old 2007-05-20, 11:09   Link #253
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

If ya recall Kha fought Scrin, Zerg, Demons, Invid and rogue Klingon factions from other planes when not involved in a major Lost Logia conflict.

No seriously. It's kind of a stretch to picture non-humanoid intelligent aliens in Nanohaverse, but humanoid ones, why not? In fact, I think human-derived Alien species like the dwarvian Squats of WH40K might fit. My other character, Tessa-chan's best friend, Nanoka, she's another example that she's a Half-Eldar, though from a fantasy POV she's a Half-Elf. That airport scene made me run wild with the various anthromorphs I can think of, but basically they are all humans with some genetic changes.

Hmm... I heard someone wishing for a ghost. Now should I bring her in... and maybe her vampiric friend... And there's that Forsaken boyfriend too...
Old 2007-05-20, 12:12   Link #254
Meophist

Quote:
^ IMHO, In terms of characterization and storyline, they seem the most down to earth of the characters here (without being too generic), so much so that they'll fit almost anywhere I admit. Put it this way, you can maintain their personalities and history, save for some very specific references, and your characters will still be themselves. (I think this quality is best used in a cross-dimensional capacity ) I'm also curious as to what you originally made them for though.

To the point, they'll fit quite nicely in the Nanohaverse, even their powers (such as Katel's plant based spells, not like we haven't seen plant-based attacks in the Nanohaverse).
I want to become a game designer one day, and these two characters are from games I've designed in my head. In the game series I've thought up of, there are many worlds, and these two exists in two of them. The Katel and M that's here takes qualities of both versions of the characters, plus a bit of original stuff. M is actually one of the few characters I've given a definate name, although M is just the first letter of that name.
Spoiler for space/off topic:

Edit: Although, I'm not sure if what you mean by "down to earth" is a good thing or not…
Old 2007-05-20, 12:34   Link #255
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Don't worry, down-to-earth is a quality rare seen in character profiles; we tend to want too much out of our characters And besides, it's variety here ^^

So what type of game is it supposed to be, RPG? And another thing, when I said your characters could work in a cross-dimensional setting, I never imagined THAT to be their original intent Dreamscape sounds like a promising premise though, would make for a good psychological thriller/action title XD

Old 2007-05-20, 13:27   Link #256
Meophist

Quote:
Don't worry, down-to-earth is a quality rare seen in character profiles; we tend to want too much out of our characters And besides, it's variety here ^^
Alright, in that case, thanks.
Spoiler for space:
Edit: I type too much…
Old 2007-05-20, 15:53   Link #257
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Blaagh, even during weekend I barely have thetime to write Keroko's history. I blame my friends for calling me and inviting me to late-night C&C games!

Quote:
Hmm, I always use the term 'eternal' when describing immortality through age myself. 'Ageless' is easilly misunderstood for someone who just looks young in my experience.
Old 2007-05-20, 18:31   Link #258
Pheonixfyre
Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Quote:
Hmm, I always use the term 'eternal' when describing immortality through age myself. 'Ageless' is easilly misunderstood for someone who just looks young in my experience.
Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

I didn't really like the term "Immortal" myself for describing the Iradorans, but I couldn't think of a better term. I much prefer "Ageless" to "Immortal." Although I don't like "Eternal" as much, because it makes me think of gods and such who are always present no matter what we wretched mortals do.

I'll go fix the description now. Thank you!!!
Old 2007-05-20, 18:55   Link #259
Meophist

What annoyed me about the character was not terminology. Characters that are immortal, whether just by age or not, seem cheap to me.
Old 2007-05-20, 20:56   Link #260
Pheonixfyre
Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Quote:
What annoyed me about the character was not terminology. Characters that are immortal, whether just by age or not, seem cheap to me.
Which is why I made Dione just an above average mage. Just because he's lived longer than any human doesn't make him exceptionally powerful. Nanoha could beat him up with both arms tied behind her back.
Closed Thread