AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-09-30, 17:17   Link #5421
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

A couple of hours after the Panthers/Falcons game and I'm still upset (usually after a loss, I pout about it for a few minutes and start looking towards next week) and I don't think it'll be going away for a while. I try not let a game that's supposed to simply entertain me affect me in real life as there is no gain from letting something kill my work week before it even starts, but this hurt me considerably. It may take a while for me to recover from that debacle.

Being a sports fan sucks sometimes.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 17:44   Link #5422
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Being a sports fan sucks sometimes.
You should consult Cubs fans on how to deal with the downers and disappointments. Don't ask me, I'm a fairweather Cubs fan; however, some of that Cubs sentiment translates over to DA BEARS.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 18:05   Link #5423
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

And The Raiders got blown out by the Broncos.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 18:21   Link #5424
Yye1
Wide Right

Damn it, wat r the chances u have to face the 49ers D and Roddy White in the same week in fantasy?!

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 18:35   Link #5425
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

The Cardinals are 4-0, where are your football gods now?
Old 2012-09-30, 18:38   Link #5426
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
The Cardinals are 4-0, where are your football gods now?
They're busy showering the Vikings
Old 2012-09-30, 18:41   Link #5427
GDB

Everything you thought you knew about NFL power is wrong. Beg and grovel for your lives, for the end times is nigh.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 18:51   Link #5428
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Billy Cundiff avoids getting his house burned down tonight.
Old 2012-09-30, 19:07   Link #5429
GDB

I had no reason to believe he wouldn't make that kick. It was under 50 yards. He's amazing under 50 yards and rarely misses without outside interference.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 19:12   Link #5430
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

He had missed a 46 and a 31 yarder earlier and was 0 for 3 total prior to that FG, so yeah.
Old 2012-09-30, 22:18   Link #5431
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Love what I'm seeing out of the eagles OL this game. But now my defense is allowing 4th quarter Manning to start things up. This could be such a confidence booster for the Eagles to win this game, we need it.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 22:39   Link #5432
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

54 yard kick oncoming. Ice the kicker at the last millisecond and make him exert some leg power (the fact that Tynes misses it aside. . .). Kicker kicks it again and it's short.

Fringe brilliance.

Seriously though. The "ice the kicker" routine almost bit Ried there.
Old 2012-09-30, 22:47   Link #5433
D2
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
On the MSNBC Morning Joe show, they reported that the actual cost to each team would average about $100,000! If anything this whole debacle shows how far wealthy Americans will go anything to break unions. Toss in the hypocrisy of Wisconsin governor Scott Walker throwing his support behind the union refs after his crusade to destroy public employees unions. Of course, in Wisconsin, nothing is more important than those Packers, even education and public safety.
Nice generalizing.
Old 2012-09-30, 22:59   Link #5434
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
54 yard kick oncoming. Ice the kicker at the last millisecond and make him exert some leg power (the fact that Tynes misses it aside. . .). Kicker kicks it again and it's short.

Fringe brilliance.

Seriously though. The "ice the kicker" routine almost bit Ried there.
I was pulling my hair for a moment there. The whole icing the kicker strategy just needs to stop. Also there was a very questionable defensive pass interference call on the Eagles during that drive that I truly believed would spell the end for the Eagles, but thank goodness that Ramses Barden decided to spazz out on the defender and bring it back on an offensive pass INT penalty.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 23:06   Link #5435
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2 View Post
Nice generalizing.
Do you really think someone like Jerry Jones doesn't want to break unions? Or Scott Walker? The lockout was certainly not about the money involved, which was chump change to the NFL owners. It was about things like how pension benefits are structured and the ability to bring in additional referees whenever the League wants to. Ultimately it was a power struggle between the owners and the referees. If the League had been able to hire competent replacement officials, I wouldn't have been surprised to see the lockout continue for much or all of the season.

Next up is the NHL. What do you suppose the chances are that there will be another season without any NHL games being played?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 23:34   Link #5436
Samari
World's Greatest

The 49ers dominated, but I'm still concerned about the offense, which wasn't spectacular today. We'll see what happens against the Bills.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 23:55   Link #5437
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Yikes. What a freaking amazing game. Other games of the day:

J-E-T-S jets jets jets SPLATS! Thought NE was gonna drop to 1-3 when they went down 7-21, but go figure...BB and TB seem to just make things happen so much. Two 100+ yard running backs, and then more 100 yard receivers...geebus, Pats are always skerry.

Aints/Packers--geeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuux aints! Funny that Breesus might eclipse Johnny Unitas next week, while the D just lets the aints down time and again.

Now, the SNF game...

Hole-E-sheet. I definitely thought my igglez were stuffed in the beginning when the run game couldn't get going since I thought the lolrus was just going to suddenly try and put everything on Vick and get him clobbered again. But hey, coach walrus actually directed the offense through McCoy and well, wow. And heh @ defenders getting injured trying to tackle McCoy. Shifty dude, the guy is. Not sure if he's objectively better than AP or Frank Gore, but he's definitely better than anyone else I think.

I think we got lucky that Bad Eli decided to make a cameo in this game, and then that one drive with the two play action passes that our safeties bit on...urgh. Man, I think Eagles might need to sign B-Dawk as some sort of coach. Is there a secondary coach or something? Because B-Dawk's a badass.

Also, Vick had 8.2 yards on average rushing. Sick stuff.

Oh, and 191 yards rushing to 231 yards passing...if we had better red zone production, we'd be so much better. But red zone stuff was always an issue since we don't have a good power game when the field gets small and stuffy that making people miss and spreading the D becomes a non-issue.

But yeah...if the Eagles keep playing balanced football like this, I can expect good things. If the lolrus decides to put a "flatten me" sign on Vick, well, Arizona is the result.
Old 2012-09-30, 23:57   Link #5438
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The 49ers dominated, but I'm still concerned about the offense, which wasn't spectacular today. We'll see what happens against the Bills.
Based on what I saw today, running the ball straight at the Bills defense will pay rewards. The Pats rushed for 247 yards today. The last time they rushed for over 200 yards was also against the Bills in 2010. Even more impressive was that they had two backs with over 100 yards on the ground (Ridley and Bolden) and two receivers with over 100 yards as well (Welker and Gronkowski). This is only the second time in NFL history that this has occurred. Green Bay did it in 2008.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 00:05   Link #5439
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post

J-E-T-S jets jets jets SPLATS! Thought NE was gonna drop to 1-3 when they went down 7-21, but go figure...BB and TB seem to just make things happen so much. Two 100+ yard running backs, and then more 100 yard receivers...geebus, Pats are always skerry.
Patriots aren't scary. It's simply the Bills imploded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I had no reason to believe he wouldn't make that kick. It was under 50 yards. He's amazing under 50 yards and rarely misses without outside interference.
Cundiff has had a long career of choking.
Old 2012-10-01, 00:17   Link #5440
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The air game is better than it was last at this point last season, and everyone else finally stepped up (especially Kendall Hunter) and allowed Frank Gore to not be the entire ground game like he's been for so long now. And Mario Manningham is getting in sync with Alex Smith way faster than anyone could've expected, given Alex Smith's difficulties at integrating new receivers and the fact that Manningham missed the entire preseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Based on what I saw today, running the ball straight at the Bills defense will pay rewards. The Pats rushed for 247 yards today. The last time they rushed for over 200 yards was also against the Bills in 2010. Even more impressive was that they had two backs with over 100 yards on the ground (Ridley and Bolden) and two receivers with over 100 yards as well (Welker and Gronkowski). This is only the second time in NFL history that this has occurred. Green Bay did it in 2008.
And Brandon Jacobs is likely to play next week, so the ground game ought as good it was this week, if not better.

Tags
american football, sports