Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-15, 12:09   Link #13741
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersage View Post
Nah, it will be End of Geass, where the original Ending is disregard, and then you have a giant naked Anya straddling Lelouch and turning everyone into Tang. Then lelouch and Kallen will be the only one left in the world.
There fixed it for you.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:10   Link #13742
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPhenemenom View Post
Code Geass without mecha is like Death Note without the Death Note. The plot won't work like that.
A BIG part of Code Geass popularity stems more so for the character than the mecha,if it were Gundam it would be an entirely different story.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:10   Link #13743
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Code Geass without mecha is like Death Note without the Death Note. The plot won't work like that.
Does no one else miss the days of R1 when Code Geass was simply a good animé that happened to involve mecha, as opposed to R2, which is just a mecha animé? D:
Old 2008-08-15, 12:11   Link #13744
Sou_Sou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Code Geass: Endless Waltz. The niece of the REAL Lelouch Lamperouge comes forward, claiming to be the rightful heir to the Britannian throne somehow or another. And she magically has an army of 7th Generation Knightmare Frames.
Oh then what we have 5 people in Custom 7th Gen frames come to fight them (Lancelotgeas , Supa Guren jigoku custom , Zangetsu Kettou Type , Flying Dragon Vincent , and Seig ho-ru sui-pa , Shinkiro Ningai )

Yes R1 was better from the plot stand point. R2 is good for all the OMG trainwrecks in it.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:12   Link #13745
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Does no one else miss the days of R1 when Code Geass was simply a good animé that happened to involve mecha, as opposed to R2, which is just a mecha animé? D:
And it wasn't such a train wreck, but like all train wrecks its very fun to watch
Old 2008-08-15, 12:13   Link #13746
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
A BIG part of Code Geass popularity stems more so for the character than the mecha,if it were Gundam it would be an entirely different story.
Yeah... but how would important plot points like Shirley's dad dying, and Kallen completely dominating Suzaku work without mecha?

Suzaku: Kallen has gone Super Saiyan, and her power level is OVER 9000!!
Old 2008-08-15, 12:15   Link #13747
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Yeah... but how would important plot points like Shirley's dad dying, and Kallen completely dominating Suzaku work without mecha?

you can say that but in the end these endless discussions on who's a better pairing Kallen X Lelocuh or C.C. X Lelouch far outweigh the overpowered hax with is Gurren SEITIEN.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:15   Link #13748
Jestersage

Quote:

Umm... power armor? Lots of grunts using special weaponries? Ninjutsu?
Old 2008-08-15, 12:16   Link #13749
Sou_Sou

Quote:

Guilford: Suzaku what is her power level?

Suzaku: its OVER 9000!!!

Guilford: What 9000 how is that possible in our peaceful,, non spiritual honest Emperor's land?!
Old 2008-08-15, 12:17   Link #13750
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Power armor's bulky as all hell, if you mean Mechwarrior Elemental-style battle armor.. The battles would take twice as long, you know. Grunts, eh. And we already have a ninja.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:22   Link #13751
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sou_Sou View Post
Oh then what we have 5 people in Custom 7th Gen frames come to fight them (Lancelotgeas , Supa Guren jigoku custom , Zangetsu Kettou Type , Flying Dragon Vincent , and Seig ho-ru sui-pa , Shinkiro Ningai )

Yes R1 was better from the plot stand point. R2 is good for all the OMG trainwrecks in it.
But first Rolo has to realise that Lelouch is the heart of outer space at the end of the series.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:34   Link #13752
Sou_Sou

indeed. Hmm that would make a wierd movie if you think about it (Knowing Sunrise and mentioning past series / mecha *cough*Galahad Noir *cough*)
Old 2008-08-15, 12:38   Link #13753
Kuroko
Chainsaw Addict

Send a message via MSN to Kuroko
Quote:

Shirley's dad wasn't killed by a mecha, the bombs on the mountain could've been detonated with the classic box trigger thing, and if they couldn't then lello should've just used normal bombs
Old 2008-08-15, 12:41   Link #13754
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Christ, don't tell me some of you guys haven't seen Over 9000, I freaking love that. The only one decent thing to ever come out of that stupid series. Good ol' Ventrilo Harassment.

Anyone who denies that there isn't at least one person in Code Geass they wouldn't want to ride/straddle is lying. Personally, I'd like to be the meat in a C.C. and Kallen sandwich.

Christ, we don't need another pointless frenzy of sequels to infest modern anime. There is far too much crap being allowed 3rd season this year, it's sickening. End it this season while it's at its peak.

Here's a good idea for a cash cow: Harden The Fark Up and create something original!
Old 2008-08-15, 12:42   Link #13755
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Oh dear. XD

Actually, if we wanted to match up Gundam pilots, I think it might go lke this:

Spoiler for Gundam Wing:

Last edited by Discerptor; 2008-08-15 at 13:07.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:45   Link #13756
Sou_Sou

I said Suzaku as Zechs (Lanceot Geas)
Spoiler for Gundam Wing:

then they Retcon Nunally's disappearance and the Knightmare appearances.

I agree with the rest of it

Last edited by Sou_Sou; 2008-08-15 at 13:02.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:46   Link #13757
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Christ, don't tell me some of you guys haven't seen Over 9000, I freaking love that. The only one decent thing to ever come out of that stupid series. Good ol' Ventrilo Harassment.

Anyone who denies that there isn't at least one person in Code Geass they wouldn't want to ride/straddle is lying. Personally, I'd like to be the meat in a C.C. and Kallen sandwich.

Christ, we don't need another pointless frenzy of sequels to infest modern anime. There is far too much crap being allowed 3rd season this year, it's sickening. End it this season while it's at its peak.

Here's a good idea for a cash cow: Harden The Fark Up and create something original!
Personally, I value my own life, but thanks for the offer.
Old 2008-08-15, 12:50   Link #13758
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sou_Sou View Post
Spoiler for Oh noes!:
Hm, this is true... both are terrible at
Spoiler for oh YEAH!:
XD

Last edited by Discerptor; 2008-08-15 at 13:04. Reason: spoiler'd
Old 2008-08-15, 12:59   Link #13759
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Oh, thank you guys for spoiling Gundam Wing.
Can you put that in spoiler tags please?( to the one who posted, and to those, who quoted).
Old 2008-08-15, 13:02   Link #13760
Kusaja

Quote:
I'd still argue that for all the shiny new mecha, they are not what's really important even in R2, by any means.

And it's always amusing to see how the first season gets seen through rose-colored glasses, minimizing its faults and maximizing R2's.

I think the two seasons have far more things in common than most people admit, good and bad. They're not identical, that is clear, but they're not as different as some comments in this thread make them seem.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories